Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Bali V4

views

greyshadow
post Nov 25 2013, 01:22 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

barong dance a bit more boring compared to kecak dance
at least kecak dance has the fire climax at the end

but I highly recommend you watch the kecak dance at Uluwatu and not other place
go a bit early to grab a good seat facing the sea and cliff
it's an surreal experience watching the kecak dance with the sunset backdrop
IMO, best view in Bali

as for Uluwatu, it used to be plagued by monkeys, but we went there again in Sept last year, didn't see a single monkeys at all, I heard the authorities actually get rid of them due to constant complaints from the tourist.

greyshadow
post Nov 25 2013, 01:49 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(lazarus7247 @ Nov 25 2013, 01:30 PM)
Thanks for the feedbacks ! Im planning a 1 night stay in ubud where i spend 3 nights in kuta. Should i rent a car or engage in one of the tour guide/driver services ?

Anticipating my trip in Dec biggrin.gif
for first timer there, better get a driver
but if you're adventurous, no harm to rent a car wink.gif
greyshadow
post Nov 27 2013, 02:39 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(jojo_g2 @ Nov 27 2013, 02:33 PM)
Try this http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review...-Ubud_Bali.html

a little bit away from ubud main town. But, free transfer anytime and pick up. Big space, breakfast all you can order, delivered to your villa up to 12pm i think. Very worth. Downside is, bedsheets and linens are all a little bit old. Maybe they've upgraded? stay more than 2 nights and they give free airport transfer 2 way i think.
we stayed there last year for few nights
highly recommend them
fantastic service, great breakfast, privacy assured (can go for skinny dip brows.gif), huge private pool (if you're lucky to get one of the newer units with huge pool), value for money icon_rolleyes.gif

only downside is their facilities a bit worn out, and their location is not really walking distance to Ubud town
but their excellent service and free shuttle make-up for it icon_rolleyes.gif
greyshadow
post Nov 27 2013, 03:52 PM

1,826 posts

oh man.... reading the blog makes me wanna go back there again laugh.gif

missed their breakfast so much! tongue.gif
greyshadow
post Dec 5 2013, 09:24 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(saimatkong @ Nov 29 2013, 10:04 PM)
Stay Tegal Sari!
Eat at naughty Nuri!
well... I was told that the Naughty Nuri's at Batu Belig aren't serving the authentic bbq ribs as the one served in Ubud
their menu also slightly different, as I was told also the Batu Belig is just a franchisee
want to taste the authentic one you'll have to go to the original one in Ubud drool.gif

who told me this? the spa taukehnio beside naughty nuri in Ubud laugh.gif
greyshadow
post Apr 1 2015, 02:03 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(bug_vengeance @ Apr 1 2015, 09:38 AM)
hi guys
i would like to get some advise from u

i plan to go to bali for 5 days in september
is 5 days enough or actually can consider 'overstay' already ? laugh.gif

i prefer a relax vacation,no rush,more to enjoying the landscape & culture
me n wife are photo enthusiast,definitely will spend a lot of time taking photos

anyway is september a good time for a trip to bali ?
i just want to take advantage of the cheap ticket price promotion by airasia rite now
Sept is not a bad season to visit Bali, been there few times in Sept, depends on your luck, it could be either very wet or very hot laugh.gif

if you're into photo of cultural and landscape
Tanah Lot sunset & Uluwatu sunset + kecak dance is a must
that will be 2 evening already

then Ubud & tegal lalang, and the Tirta Empul, and Ulun danu temple also not to be missed, these can be packed into one day but will be very hectic, so preferable split it among few days
GWK @ Jimbaran is optional, if you like to take photos of those giant statues.
But the whole GWK area is quite unique, it's quite interesting to do photoshoot there as well.

Places like Lovina, Nusa Dua, Seminyak, & Kuta can be skipped as not much cultural or landscape there tongue.gif

5 days should be enough for you 2 to visit all those places. wink.gif

greyshadow
post Apr 2 2015, 08:49 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(Fatz_Cat @ Apr 1 2015, 04:42 PM)
ooohh..tanah lot and uluwatu is not the same place??...sorry cos i never been there
Yup, 2 separated place, sunset view from each site is totally different
Tanah Lot you can see the sunset from the beach, while Uluwatu you see the sunset from atop of a cliff
My best experience was the Uluwatu sunset
from the kecak stage, seeing the sun setting over the horizon, with the fishing boats returning below, and the chanting of the kecak dance as background music, that experience was priceless thumbup.gif

QUOTE(zstan @ Apr 1 2015, 05:04 PM)
Recommended to stay at Ubud if really want relaxing..well at least for me.. haha. see paddy fields from day to night
Yup, Ubud is damm relaxing, there's a very serene feel over there
would recommend you to grab a villa unit there as well, you can go skinny dip in the private pool with your love one brows.gif

greyshadow
post Apr 9 2015, 09:51 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(nickchk89 @ Apr 6 2015, 08:52 PM)
hi all,this cming may,i will be visiting bali for 5 days trip,the problem is,my bro done the booking via airasia go which include hotel+air ticket fee,that's means we gotta stay in that hotel for whole trip.

if we plan to visit place to place,is transport there are really good?or do we need to rent a guide to bring us there?

personally,i would like to travel without guide,hope friends here can give me some tips notworthy.gif
another option is rent a car for self drive there
as long as you have a GPS with you, and drive more alert, you'll be fine wink.gif
greyshadow
post Apr 9 2015, 03:42 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 9 2015, 02:46 PM)
I would advice against driving yourself in Indonesia... its easy to get around... but if you got into an accident.. the trouble starts
rent car and self-drive around the island on 2 of my trips
If you can drive comfortably in KL, there shouldn't be any issues, just drive extra careful, and do not speed
As for accident coverage, only rent from those with insurance coverage, many personal one doesn't come with insurance coverage, so it's better to rent from those reputable bigger companies

Driving a car in Bali is relatively safer than riding a motorbike there, which I would strongly advice against
Just drop by the hospital A&E, you'll see lots of mat salleh there with motorbike injuries

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 9 2015, 02:49 PM)
Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck) is not worth the price. If you like that kind of food, try Bebek Tepi Sawah.

Babi guling is also not worth the effort, but if you must.. try once.. but I'm pretty sure you wont go back for seconds.

Nuri's ribs is decent...

My personal favourite is.... Nasi Pedas Ibu Andika, at Kuta. If you do try it.. ask for Sambal SETAN. I always buy 2 extra botol to take home during my yearly trip to Bali,
Well... a man's meat is another man's poison, me personally love the bebek bengil, and the Ibu Oka's Babi guling
went Bali 4 times, all 4 times went back there for more drool.gif
Naughty Nuri's rib is the best ribs i've ever tasted drool.gif

If you're going to Ibu Oka's Babi Guling, go for the one at out skirt of Ubud, lesser ppl there compared to the original branch in center Ubud, but taste remain the same.
And Naughty Nuri, go for the original one in Ubud, those claims to be it's branches avoid them at all cost, some are imposter and some taste aren't as good.

greyshadow
post Apr 15 2015, 10:16 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(kent_jai @ Apr 15 2015, 02:19 AM)
Hello,

My first time going to Bali in September. 5d/4n.

Properly couple trip since still can't find travel kaki.

May i know can i rental Motor at Bali ? 
Do i need international driving license? 
Or better hire a driver? 
Roughly how much per day ?

Hmmm...i got no plan yet....going to book 2 days Harper Kuta & 2 days Swiss-Belinn Legian  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Can, but not recommended
No need
Yes
depends on itinerary, range from RM100 to RM200 per day

Kuta Legian is in close proximity, better book the other 2 days somewhere else, recommend Ubud

This post has been edited by greyshadow: Apr 15 2015, 10:18 AM
greyshadow
post Apr 16 2015, 08:36 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Apr 15 2015, 11:29 PM)
Really no need to hv international driving license? hmm.gif
rented car few times there already, some see my Msia driving license only, some even didn't ask for it tongue.gif
some big car rental company might ask for int driving license, but most will just ignore tht rule
greyshadow
post Apr 16 2015, 10:14 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Apr 16 2015, 08:59 AM)
What about if police pull you over ask you to show license?  hmm.gif
Malaysian license I don't think can pakai right?  hmm.gif

The fine is 50k - 300k IDR  sweat.gif
the police won't go harass you if you abide to their law
they are more interested in keeping the terrorist away
unless you're drunk or committed some heavy offense, then they might pull you over.
My total of 2 weeks driving there, hardly see any police on the road, nor roadblock
mostly are just security personnel employed at attraction area inspecting your car.

IINM, they do accept Msia Driving License there hmm.gif

greyshadow
post May 17 2017, 04:28 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(babygrand123 @ May 15 2017, 10:57 PM)
thanks for the advice bro and i hope my full day driver will be on my site to avoid being get con .......
just beware some supir/drivers are in the same league with those cutthroat restaurant, they got some commission back from those restaurants

usual trick will be:
"I bring you to this nice restaurant, good food, good view! also I can get free meal too! "
So while you're thinking helping him getting a free meal, and him helping you getting a good deal? most likely he's getting a commission while you're getting slaughtered by the restaurant.

when you request the driver bring you to a restaurant you've selected, if he response by that restaurant also close down, today not open, or any sorts of excuse not to bring you there while recommending another restaurant, be extra alert! he's waiting for you to stick out your neck for slaughtering whistling.gif

at Jimbaran I'll highly recommend Lia Cafe, reasonably price and won't chop chop you like other establishments
for ribs, no one can beat Naughty Nuri in Ubud
For babi guling, for me the best is Ibu Oka in Ubud as well, go to their 2nd restaurant which is at outskirt Ubud, which is not that crowded & hot

greyshadow
post Dec 19 2017, 02:09 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(Nymphetamine666 @ Dec 18 2017, 07:01 AM)
Will be going to Bali in Apr-18. Most likely it'll free of the eruption stories.

I will be hoing with my wife and 2 small kids. Do u guys think better hire a supir or rent a car? Hows the rate? Im on 4d3n.

Flight booked edi but hotel haven't. My budget per night is RM400~500/night for accommodation. Any recommendations is welcome.

Thanks.
if you're adventurous like me, rent a car, total control of your own time, and go wherever you like
wanna relax kau-kau? hire a supir, give him a list of places u wanna visit, let him arrange for you

for your budget, lots of villa with private pool in Ubud is within your budget, you can get a 2 rooms villa if your kids are old enough to sleep by their own
greyshadow
post Apr 26 2018, 04:12 PM

1,826 posts

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/grab-sets-pas...t-bali-airport/
https://seminyaktimes.com/grab-now-has-a-bo...t-bali-airport/

Well, it seems we can openly call for Grab at the airport now, and they'll pick us up from there as well.

Anyone used it please share your experience.

This post has been edited by greyshadow: Apr 26 2018, 04:23 PM
greyshadow
post Apr 28 2018, 12:04 PM

1,826 posts

When I was there few years back, I remember they have a few booths giving out free/cheap sim card at the airport departure area

Are they still there?
greyshadow
post Apr 30 2018, 08:08 AM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(wacrop @ Apr 29 2018, 10:07 PM)
I have 4 days 3 nights in Bali, I plan my last night hotel has superb beach/ocean view.

Budget below Rm 1100 per night ( 2 persons )

below is my compilation ( which 1 recommended ) :

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort Luxury King Bed Sea View Rm 922  (Room with ocean view)
Padma Resort Legian Rm 753
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Rm 1080
The Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort room with ocean view, anyone stays before? any comments?
Any other recommendation?
if the nice beach/ocean view that you're looking for, out of the three, I'll recommend the one in Nusa Dua

Kuta/Legian beach are so so only

If you want breathtaking ocean view, go Uluwatu area
greyshadow
post Apr 30 2018, 01:08 PM

1,826 posts

QUOTE(jacky66 @ Apr 30 2018, 12:16 PM)
WHat is the recommended timing to swim in the sea of seminyak area? Because i will be staying there and i have read about rip current, im worry that i will be picking the wrong timing and ruin my trip.

Is it easy to get a Grab from Denpasar airport?

Their traffic is it as jam as Jakarta?
depends on tide, check the local tide chart

Seminyak/Kuta/Legian beach aren't really suitable for swimming, mostly for surfing
greyshadow
post Jun 18 2018, 09:31 AM

1,826 posts

Just back from Bali as well, used Ketut Galung as well, as he's the cheapest among all the drivers I've contacted.

But I won't recommend him, here's why:

- He owns a fleet of about 10 drivers, he hardly drives anymore these days. He'll help to arrange and adjust your itinerary, but it's up you to keep track of the itinerary with your assigned driver.

- Each of his drivers are earning miserable monthly salary (only Rp750,000, less than RM300!) according to the young driver that was assigned to me, they doesn't received any commission nor bonus, but only accommodation are provided for, which I felt he's exploiting them kau-kau. Out of 12 days I'm in Bali, although I didn't use my driver for full 12 days, but as per him, he's been chauffeuring clients daily since few weeks ago, with no break in between, he still have to work on their big day recently, on both Hari Galungan & Hari Kuningan.

- He lied frequently, one time I cancelled my next day half day itinerary because my kids aren't feeling well, he requested me to top up the fees for the scheduled trip for the day after, because his driver still need to standby in the town I'm in for me, and need to pay for his accommodation & meals, I agreed since it's fair. But I found out later from the driver it's not the case, he was summoned back to Kuta on that day for another itinerary by others, but had to drive overnight to north Bali where we are for the next itinerary, he didn't get enough rest from the long drive, and I can see he's dead tired throughout the day we had him.
He also promised to be our driver throughout the trip, but again, wasn't him.

- Some shared that the fleet he owns wasn't maintain properly, the car Suzuki APV assigned to me had some issue with the brakes, it has loud knocking sound everytime the brake was applied

greyshadow
post Jun 18 2018, 09:40 AM

1,826 posts

Also, MUST try their local cheap fast food, JFC which is a cheap knockoff version of KFC laugh.gif

It's easy to recognize, it's logo is a Datuk LCW lookalike laugh.gif

It's cheap, and tasted good for the price you're paying, try their bumbu (chili) version, goes very well with the fried chicken & the rice thumbup.gif

we ordered via grabfood, Rp3k for delivery fees, Rp74k only for 3 pieces of fried Chick, 2 rice, 8 nuggets, 1 fries, 1 chick burger, & 2 ice tea, and it's delicious!

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1179sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:53 PM