Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Celebrity fitness scam

views

TSkubuk
post Jun 4 2013, 08:31 PM, updated 11y ago

Casual
497 posts

I received a letter from celebrity fitness to my hometown address stating that I owe them 5 months of fees and also late payment. The thing is, I never had any account with them. I went last year for trial and I surrendered my ic to them as a deposit for trial. I know that's kind of stupid but I should have known better. I filled up a survey for them too but I never signed any contract staying that I'm gonna join it. Soon after that, the consultant kept calling asking me to join and that there's a promotion.

How do I go about this? It's obviously a scam and they threaten to bring me to court? Should I sue them instead?
TSkubuk
post Jun 4 2013, 10:15 PM

Casual
497 posts

Thanks for the prompt reply. So it's better if I do it through the phone than in person?
TSkubuk
post Jun 4 2013, 10:31 PM

Casual
497 posts

Don't think I did. Because I was with a friend and he said he didn't sign anything either. Just a form to fill. Sort of like a survey of your salary and stuff you're interested in. What if my signature was forged. But then again he had my IC..
TSkubuk
post Jun 4 2013, 10:49 PM

Casual
497 posts

Very disturbed from this. Will follow your advice tomorrow bro. Currently a member at true fitness. Thank god nothing like this ever happened. Don't know why was I so itchy to go test out celebrity fitness in the first place.
TSkubuk
post Jun 4 2013, 11:03 PM

Casual
497 posts

Not groupon. Just trial for 1 day. Was checking out the facilities at pyramid.
TSkubuk
post Jun 6 2013, 11:22 PM

Casual
497 posts

Ok. Latest update. Their account manager said that I can treat the letter as nothing and that it was their mistake. No apology nothing. I guess their image is already tainted in the first place so no point taking care of it.
TSkubuk
post Jun 27 2013, 09:08 AM

Casual
497 posts

Forgotten to reply to this thread lol.

No I didn't record anything. I asked my family friend lawyer to help me settle the case. Took them around 2 days I think to finally abandon the intention of sueing me. No apology nothing. Really looks like cf really doesn't care about its name. My lawyer said that the only thing the cf manager told him was that 'ill send you an email by tomorrow morning as a proof that you can discard this matter'
TSkubuk
post Jun 27 2013, 10:51 AM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(DT1 @ Jun 27 2013, 10:23 AM)
Next time can H&F BB section call upon your help?  tongue.gif
Too much trouble bro. Was so disturbed that day when I received the news that I couldn't sleep. But I'll try to help if I can lol.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 AM