views

ozak
post Jul 2 2013, 04:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 2 2013, 02:01 PM)
Thanks.
Your produced a completely new layout for your client, very nice indeed. What if I still keep at current one, without changing the exterior outlook, any input to improvise this design?

It means the major exterior construction remains the extension of backyard for creating space for toilet and wet kitchen, without extending horizontally. That mezzanine floor remains to cover the later dry kitchen area only, this will be my future work place and study room.
What I wish is exteriorly stay at low-key, low contrast among the community...
If unicon have a good idea new layout, why not try. Just don't be afraid to change. You just have 1x to change.

I can see some good chance to max out your layout from the picture. Without touching the front exterior.

By the way, I see some window on top left. How does it look from outside? Is it the roof, left side low and half right side height? Don't understand how does it look.
craftsnknots
post Jul 2 2013, 05:06 PM

On my way
577 posts

By the way, from the layout of the masterbedroom with the bathroom that way, your bed would be on the left hand side of the wall..

meaning you're sleeping on the blade of the choper/cleaver..is that ok for you?

This post has been edited by craftsnknots: Jul 2 2013, 05:07 PM
yorkhan
post Jul 2 2013, 07:59 PM

On my way
598 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 2 2013, 10:16 AM)
Yup, that's my plan. Concerns are space optimization, under appropriate budget. Need experts to figure it out...
Nothing big reno for this, and it is just a small house in an old community. Need to stay low...

Let me show my plans:

[attachmentid=3514983]
This is original layout...

[attachmentid=3514987]
This is what I wish to have after renovation...
u planning to park 2cars in ur porch? if not suggest u put the master bedroom bathroom outside. are u putting in shower and toilet bowl? or just shower?

I have seen my friend put a room upstairs. can be done. just its warm in afternoon.
TScheeshion
post Jul 3 2013, 01:10 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(UNICON @ Jul 2 2013, 02:17 PM)
Its possible but i advise you to shift one room to first floor to give way to your dining and kitchen. Open up a void when you construct a new roofing  to give natural sunlight to dining and living.
My design is not completely new, if you study carefully, i did not shift the 2 middle rooms and just enlarge it. I am maintaining all the original structure position to avoid heavy cost. what is different is convert one room to upstairs.
Thank you for your suggestion.

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 2 2013, 04:31 PM)
If unicon have a good idea new layout, why not try. Just don't be afraid to change. You just have 1x to change.

I can see some good chance to max out your layout from the picture. Without touching the front exterior.

By the way, I see some window on top left. How does it look from outside? Is it the roof, left side low and half right side height? Don't understand how does it look.
It's exterior structure is even at front, with different sloping over the rear. Just wait, I will post up photos by this weekend...

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Jul 2 2013, 05:06 PM)
By the way, from the layout of the masterbedroom with the bathroom that way, your bed would be on the left hand side of the wall..

meaning you're sleeping on the blade of the choper/cleaver..is that ok for you?
Your point is so true, which I missed at considering the bed position. Will need to sketch again...
Thanks for your suggestion

QUOTE(yorkhan @ Jul 2 2013, 07:59 PM)
u planning to park 2cars in ur porch? if not suggest u put the master bedroom bathroom outside. are u putting in shower and toilet bowl? or just shower?

I have seen my friend put a room upstairs. can be done. just its warm in afternoon.
Purpose to get a landed property is to have 2 cars parked side-by-side inside the compound. Need to reconsider the final sketch...
Thanks for your suggestion.
yorkhan
post Jul 3 2013, 05:22 PM

On my way
598 posts

haha.... depends on how big ur car is also tongue.gif

so shower alone or with toilet?
ryokouse
post Jul 3 2013, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Hello Chee

Im looking forward to the new refurbished house
good luck and all the best
sakos
post Jul 3 2013, 05:41 PM

Casual
334 posts

Please upload your new renovated house. Can wait to see the new look.
So damn classic the current design. Good luck!

Anyway for High ceiling, will get plaster ceiling with fan. Those old-fashioned window with get new glass for light source. Wat is the height? 30 to 40 feet is it?
Long term how to maintain the glass, I am sure after few years it will collect a lot of dust and tahi burung

This post has been edited by sakos: Jul 3 2013, 05:44 PM
ozak
post Jul 3 2013, 08:01 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 3 2013, 01:10 PM)
Purpose to get a landed property is to have 2 cars parked side-by-side inside the compound. Need to reconsider the final sketch...
Thanks for your suggestion.
You have kids. Why not have a garden and playground for the kid. And seeing out a garden better than a car in front.
TScheeshion
post Jul 4 2013, 03:58 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(yorkhan @ Jul 3 2013, 05:22 PM)
haha.... depends on how big ur car is also tongue.gif

so shower alone or with toilet?
small cars only. The master room's toilet should have full wc...

QUOTE(ryokouse @ Jul 3 2013, 05:34 PM)
Hello Chee

Im looking forward to the new refurbished house
good luck and all the best
Thanks a lot. Do give your comment for my poor designs, much appreciated...

QUOTE(sakos @ Jul 3 2013, 05:41 PM)
Please upload your new renovated house. Can wait to see the new look.
So damn classic the current design. Good luck!

Anyway for High ceiling, will get plaster ceiling with fan. Those old-fashioned window with get new glass for light source. Wat is the height? 30 to 40 feet is it?
Long term how to maintain the glass, I am sure after few years it will collect a lot of dust and tahi burung
One word, OLD!!!
Ceiling above dinning hall is estimated 30ft high. Can clean exterior by climbing roof from mezzanine, but it is not-easy job.

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 3 2013, 08:01 PM)
You have kids. Why not have a garden and playground for the kid. And seeing out a garden better than a car in front.
Was considering, and it is a good suggestion. Thanks
~Curious~
post Jul 4 2013, 10:43 PM

Regular
1,744 posts

yo hey...erm i like unicon's idea of opening a void in ur roof for more light,but isnt it a security hazard?..din read thru much only the 1st n last page lol....im a design idiot too..btw d hse is really old =P need alot of refurbishment,have u gotten its suitability for occupancy checked?
ozak
post Jul 5 2013, 11:14 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Jul 4 2013, 10:43 PM)
yo hey...erm i like unicon's idea of opening a void in ur roof for more light,but isnt it a security hazard?..din read thru much only the 1st n last page lol....im a design idiot too..btw d hse is really old =P need alot of refurbishment,have u gotten its suitability for occupancy checked?
People said, old is gold. biggrin.gif You didn't see the gold side. 1 of the advantage of this old house is the space and the strong structure. When at that time everything is cheap. Big land space. Workmanship and material is solid and strong.

It it the time and fashion style that eat up the house look. It is up to you how to take advantage from it.
craftsnknots
post Jul 5 2013, 02:18 PM

On my way
577 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 3 2013, 02:10 PM)
Thank you for your suggestion.

Change toilet position, since you have not done the toiletAttached Image

BTW, I draw based on your room dimension..the 114 x 207..the rest I just eye-ball it.

so from your sketch your room should be elongated vertically

This post has been edited by craftsnknots: Jul 5 2013, 02:20 PM
TScheeshion
post Jul 5 2013, 05:11 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Jul 4 2013, 10:43 PM)
There is a void area above dinning hall. More than enough light source... On security, something need to be done.

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 5 2013, 11:14 AM)
People said, old is gold. biggrin.gif  You didn't see the gold side. 1 of the advantage of this old house is the space and the strong structure. When at that time everything is cheap. Big land space. Workmanship and material is solid and strong.

It it the time and fashion style that eat up the house look. It is up to you how to take advantage from it.
Gold, for me it is just like a diamond. I bought this because of the location, accessible to all needs within 1km radius. As initial plans, many things need to be done...

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Jul 5 2013, 02:18 PM)
Change toilet position, since you have not done the toiletAttached Image

BTW, I draw based on your room dimension..the 114 x 207..the rest I just eye-ball it.

so from your sketch your room should be elongated vertically
Thanks for your input. Another option is to relocate the master bed room to left, same roll with other rooms. It will create space for living and dinning halls.
As you mentioned before, bed position should changed to medial. Who knows choper/cleaver is just beside??? hehehe...
craftsnknots
post Jul 5 2013, 05:22 PM

On my way
577 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 5 2013, 06:11 PM)
There is a void area above dinning hall. More than enough light source... On security, something need to be done.
Gold, for me it is just like a diamond. I bought this because of the location, accessible to all needs within 1km radius. As initial plans, many things need to be done...
Thanks for your input. Another option is to relocate the master bed room to left, same roll with other rooms. It will create space for living and dinning halls.
As you mentioned before, bed position should changed to medial. Who knows choper/cleaver is just beside??? hehehe...
If your original living room is on the right, meaning your right side neighbour's living is on the left..so if you chg your room to that side, would it be noisy if they happen to like watching tv late at night or during world cup next year or celebration? Just a thought.
TScheeshion
post Jul 5 2013, 05:41 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Jul 5 2013, 05:22 PM)
If your original living room is on the right,  meaning your right side neighbour's living is on the left..so if you chg your room to that side, would it be noisy if they happen to like watching tv late at night or during world cup next year or celebration? Just a thought.
Good to have this part to consider. I have no idea on neighbour's TV location, but they have renovated theirs extensively...
TScheeshion
post Jul 8 2013, 06:14 PM

Casual
392 posts

This is the rear end... Definitely need to rebuild!

[attachmentid=3525781]

This post has been edited by cheeshion: Jun 22 2014, 03:26 PM
ozak
post Jul 9 2013, 12:43 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 8 2013, 06:14 PM)
This is the rear end... Definitely need to rebuild!
Base on your floor plan dimension and the back picture, you house look long and narrow. You can reno with ground floor and mezzanine floor at the back. The mezzanine floor can extend till fully back while the front no need touch at all. This should give you plenty of space.

Shift your master room to the right to get bigger room. The toilet layout at the back wall so won't block the window and get max light. The hall look out to the garden and your kids can play around. The mezzanine round staircase will save space and shift inside to save space too. The front beam can cover with display glass cabinet so won't block the light. The 2nd beam can cover with breakfast table for dry kitchen. Between dry and wet kitchen wall, better to have window glass for dry kitchen light from the back. Otherwise that area is quite dark.
Attached Image

Since you're reno till back, why not fully extend the mezzanine floor till back. That create plenty space ontop. Use the back for dry cloth, water tank and aircon outdoor unit place. Can create 3rd room if you want.
Attached Image

The main problem you need to solve for 1st storey house is heat and natural light. Take insulate roof and top seriously. Last, finish the layout with ID. Just some suggest.
TScheeshion
post Jul 9 2013, 05:59 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 9 2013, 12:43 PM)
Base on your floor plan dimension and the back picture, you house look long and narrow. You can reno with ground floor and  mezzanine floor at the back. The mezzanine floor can extend till fully back while the front no need touch at all. This should give you plenty of space.

Shift your master room to the right to get bigger room. The toilet layout at the back wall so won't block the window and get max light. The hall look out to the garden and your kids can play around. The mezzanine round staircase will save space and shift inside to save space too. The front beam can cover with display glass cabinet so won't block the light. The 2nd beam can cover with breakfast table for dry kitchen. Between dry and wet kitchen wall, better to have window glass for dry kitchen light from the back. Otherwise that area is quite dark.
Attached Image

Since you're reno till back, why not fully extend the mezzanine floor till back. That create plenty space ontop. Use the back for dry cloth, water tank and aircon outdoor unit place. Can create 3rd room if you want.
Attached Image

The main problem you need to solve for 1st storey house is heat and natural light. Take insulate roof and top seriously. Last, finish the layout with ID. Just some suggest.
Wow, thanks for your input. Really appreciate it!!!
Just wondering, what type of ventilator I should install for master's bathroom?
ozak
post Jul 9 2013, 11:48 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(cheeshion @ Jul 9 2013, 05:59 PM)
Wow, thanks for your input. Really appreciate it!!!
Just wondering, what type of ventilator I should install for master's bathroom?
Should insulated the whole rooftop and above the ceiling. Ventilator will be the last. A quite ventilator fan should be find. Cause normally when you go in the bedroom is sleep. So aircon will be ON. Unless you don't have the habit sleeping with aircon.

A kitchen ventilator is a must. It will create an airflow from your hall till kitchen. Check your house wind flow direction and design your top window direction.

I still have problem staying at my farther inlaw single storey house. From afternoon, it start to get hot till night and I can't cope the heat. His house have minimum insulated. I always have to stay in the room with aircon.
weikee
post Jul 10 2013, 12:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 9 2013, 11:48 PM)
Should insulated the whole rooftop and above the ceiling. Ventilator will be the last. A quite ventilator fan should be find. Cause normally when you go in the bedroom is sleep. So aircon will be ON. Unless you don't have the habit sleeping with aircon.

A kitchen ventilator is a must. It will create an airflow from your hall till kitchen. Check your house wind flow direction and design your top window direction.

I still have problem staying at my farther inlaw single storey house. From afternoon, it start to get hot till night and I can't cope the heat. His house have minimum insulated. I always have to stay in the room with aircon.
A good excuse not to go there biggrin.gif

22 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0254sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM