Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Basset Hound

views

TSbabylck
post Apr 29 2006, 01:55 AM, updated 18y ago

Casual
360 posts

Saw 2 basset hound today at the Mid Valley's Hush Puppies Fashion Show..
It looked so cute and adorable.. wondering where can i find Basset Hound puppy and anyone know the price? Seldom saw pet shop selling Basset Hound puppy.. sad.gif
crazymouse_yyh
post Apr 29 2006, 01:58 AM

www.suggiesathome .wordpress.com
Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

QUOTE(babylck @ Apr 29 2006, 01:55 AM)
Saw 2 basset hound today at the Mid Valley's Hush Puppies Fashion Show..
It looked so cute and adorable.. wondering where can i find Basset Hound puppy and anyone know the price? Seldom saw pet shop selling Basset Hound puppy.. sad.gif
Basset hound... not a popular breed with petshops coz they can grow kinda big and beagles are more popular than bassets.

Now not many people breeding also. So you gotta call up MKA and ask for breeders.... price ah... I can't remember but sure RM1.2k above.
Jenn77
post Apr 29 2006, 02:01 AM

Look Ma' Im Flyin! Gee~
3,030 posts

QUOTE(crazymouse_yyh @ Apr 29 2006, 01:58 AM)
Basset hound... not a popular breed with petshops coz they can grow kinda big and beagles are more popular than bassets.

Now not many people breeding also. So you gotta call up MKA and ask for breeders.... price ah... I can't remember but sure RM1.2k above.
Ermm to be precise, my colleague's close friend is breeding it. The price he is asking is around RM2k for male, female Im not sure. Well if ur really interested I need to contact my colleague's close friend for more info.. tongue.gif
crazymouse_yyh
post Apr 29 2006, 02:08 AM

www.suggiesathome .wordpress.com
Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

Rare liao for ppl to breed bassets... these days people looking more towards maltese, pugs, mini schnauzers... all the small small dogs or the large in demand breeds like huskies and so on.
TSbabylck
post Apr 29 2006, 10:38 AM

Casual
360 posts

thanks for all the info guys ! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by babylck: Apr 29 2006, 10:38 AM
kimmie
post Apr 29 2006, 05:59 PM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

really depends on ur lifestyle..u must buy dog that suits u..basset are lazy and gulible and their saliva comes out a lot...i wanted to buy one before..saw it in pets wonderland
Killerz622
post Apr 29 2006, 06:17 PM

T-S 002 MungenZ
9,841 posts

is the basset hound used as Hush Puppies logo?
heidityj
post Apr 30 2006, 12:49 AM

On my way
520 posts

basset hound? I had one when i was young.. called him Cooper... smile.gif
but very sad..cos he died of pneumonia...sigh..the seller din even tell us about it..only realise after we bought him..but we din noe how serious his flu was...should've brought him to an animal hospital..but too late..died within a few days..so sad....i was only 6 yrs old then i think..

i still remember how cute he was when he sniffed out my hamster cage, sat there, and started howling...so adorable...

*sobs* miss him loads..my very first pet dog too..
whooi
post Apr 30 2006, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

I happened to came across a pet shop who has around 4 basset hounds.. WHen i asked the owner whether is the dog difficult to take care, he told me not to get 1... They howl alot... he said a few of his customers also found them cute at the beginning, but after a few days, they cannot tahan, then wanted to send it back, but the owner say no....

Just a piece of my info..
heidityj
post May 1 2006, 11:37 PM

On my way
520 posts

QUOTE(whooi @ Apr 30 2006, 11:42 PM)
I happened to came across a pet shop who has around 4 basset hounds.. WHen i asked the owner whether is the dog difficult to take care, he told me not to get 1... They howl alot... he said a few of his customers also found them cute at the beginning, but after a few days, they cannot tahan, then wanted to send it back, but the owner say no....

Just a piece of my info..
wow..really? yeah, i guess it would get kinda irritating... sad.gif
but i never experienced that cos my Cooper howled once..and then he went to doggy heaven..... cry.gif
jaswwp
post May 2 2006, 12:02 AM

Life is but a dream ~
3,782 posts

My uncle who once dealt in pets said bassets are the worst dog to have , lol... very very tedious to take care of one.
-DaRReN-C-
post May 5 2006, 12:11 PM

Casual
463 posts

alot of people i saw they want to give away their bassets after 6months
cause the size so big and so much problem with it
hard to maintain so they want give away
cause when puppy time bassets are very cute and alot people cant stand and buy it
-.-"
certless is around 700-950
got 2 customer's bassets is having temperment problem

heidityj
post May 5 2006, 12:38 PM

On my way
520 posts

QUOTE(-DaRReN-C- @ May 5 2006, 12:11 PM)
alot of people i saw they want to give away their bassets after 6months
cause the size so big and so much problem with it
hard to maintain so they want give away
cause when puppy time bassets are very cute and alot people cant stand and buy it
-.-"
certless is around 700-950
got 2 customer's bassets is having temperment problem
wow, never knew that.
but I think most animals are very cute when they are young..so a lot of people buy pets without considering how the pet would be like when it's older..thus the many many abandoned doggies.. sad.gif

I first heard about basset hounds from that Disney movie, The Fox and the Hound...is that the title? i can't remember..hehe...but I remember that was one of the reasons why I got one...so I wonder if him going to doggie heaven is a blessing in disguise or not..cos for sure I won't be able to handle him if he got bigger...
chamelion
post May 5 2006, 12:43 PM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

Btw beagles have body odor problem. it's their natural odor haha.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 AM