Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

Single user or single pc? Is the same?
cta51210
post Jun 16 2010, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(dlwl @ Jun 2 2010, 06:39 PM)
Can Office 2007 Home & Student License be used for a non-profit organization? coz i checked microsoft's website, they only mentioned non-commercial household.
Office home and student is meant for those student or home user to use.

"Non-commercial" use means anything that have to do with the money cannot be use this edition.

And further more home and student only has Word, Excel, Power Point and One Note which most of the student need to use it for presentation, assignment or examination.

Added on June 16, 2010, 10:55 pm
QUOTE(forumer21 @ Oct 6 2009, 02:00 PM)
Hi guys
What is the meaning of 1-2CPU ?

On the COA Label
Windows XP Professional 1-2CPU
OEM Software
Product Key: !@#$-!@#$-!@#$-!@#$-!@#$

Can it be install on 2 different computers?
Considering to upgrade from Win98 to Win XP
Thanks
If you see any where got the word "OEM" meaning those license cannot be transfer to another computer.

OEM will tied to the first motherboard that install the license.

Q: What is the meaning of 1-2CPU ?
A: I also really don't know how to explain this BUT,

Q: Can it be install on 2 different computers?
A: Cannot. OEM license can be install only 1 computer and cannot be transfer to another computer.

Q: Considering to upgrade from Win98 to Win XP
A: Right now there is no more Windows XP license available in the market. Only Windows 7.

This post has been edited by cta51210: Jun 16 2010, 10:55 PM
FarCry3r
post Jun 17 2010, 12:08 AM

Where did my ♥ go?
6,543 posts

QUOTE(cta51210 @ Jun 16 2010, 10:44 PM)
Q: What is the meaning of 1-2CPU ?
A: I also really don't know how to explain this BUT,
I means the license works with computer with 1 or 2 physical processor, if there's any.

"Non-commercial" use means anything that have to do with the money cannot be use this edition.

And further more home and student only has Word, Excel, Power Point and One Note which most of the student need to use it for presentation, assignment or examination.

Q: Considering to upgrade from Win98 to Win XP
A: Right now there is no more Windows XP license available in the market. Only Windows 7.
There's still alot of them, especially on our market since some peoples still can't upgrade to Windows 7.
cta51210
post Jun 17 2010, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(FarCry3r @ Jun 17 2010, 12:08 AM)
I means the license works with computer with 1 or 2 physical processor, if there's any.
There's still alot of them, especially on our market since some peoples still can't upgrade to Windows 7.
yea...you can buy windows 7 professional or ultimate to have the right to downgrade to windows xp pro BUT the license should be OEM or Open License. **FPP or retail don't have downgrade rights**

And somemore....within this year but I'm not sure which month Windows 7 pro or ultimate will no longer have rights to downgrade anymore. -*- So it's time to upgrade your PC so that you can install windows 7 in it.

Or you can try using XP Mode in windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. But this one you have to check your hardware also whether it's support Virtual PC or not.

FarCry3r
post Jun 17 2010, 11:59 AM

Where did my ♥ go?
6,543 posts

QUOTE(cta51210 @ Jun 17 2010, 11:45 AM)
yea...you can buy windows 7 professional or ultimate to have the right to downgrade to windows xp pro BUT the license should be OEM or Open License. **FPP or retail don't have downgrade rights**

And somemore....within this year but I'm not sure which month Windows 7 pro or ultimate will no longer have rights to downgrade anymore. -*- So it's time to upgrade your PC so that you can install windows 7 in it.

Or you can try using XP Mode in windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. But this one you have to check your hardware also whether it's support Virtual PC or not.
No, what I mean is there's still lot of shop selling Windows XP (only OEM, FPP is PITA to find).

Where's the link to the source of that news? I can't recall any...

By the way, Hardware Virtualization requirement for Windows Virtual PC has been turned off in the latest update for Windows Virtual PC, so it's a matter of how good your system is to run it.
cta51210
post Jun 17 2010, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(FarCry3r @ Jun 17 2010, 11:59 AM)
No, what I mean is there's still lot of shop selling Windows XP (only OEM, FPP is PITA to find).

Where's the link to the source of that news? I can't recall any...

By the way, Hardware Virtualization requirement for Windows Virtual PC has been turned off in the latest update for Windows Virtual PC, so it's a matter of how good your system is to run it.
Here's the link for Windows 7 Pro, Ult Downgrade Rights Information.

Note that Windows 7 end user downgrade rights will be available for approximately 18 months after the general availability of Windows 7 (April, 2011) or the release of a Windows 7 Service Pack, whichever is earlier.
FarCry3r
post Jun 17 2010, 12:34 PM

Where did my ♥ go?
6,543 posts

QUOTE(cta51210 @ Jun 17 2010, 12:08 PM)
Here's the link for Windows 7 Pro, Ult Downgrade Rights Information.

Note that Windows 7 end user downgrade rights will be available for approximately 18 months after the general availability of Windows 7 (April, 2011) or the release of a Windows 7 Service Pack, whichever is earlier.
18 months, that means 1 year and a half. So it's not sometime this year, early next year is the correct date if it follows the GA rule. SP1 doesn't seem to come fast too, with only 1 beta ever released (and known), but seems this SP1 is being keep under secret so maybe end of this year.
cta51210
post Jun 17 2010, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(FarCry3r @ Jun 17 2010, 12:34 PM)
18 months, that means 1 year and a half. So it's not sometime this year, early next year is the correct date if it follows the GA rule. SP1 doesn't seem to come fast too, with only 1 beta ever released (and known), but seems this SP1 is being keep under secret so maybe end of this year.
yes...agreed...so far never heard about this SP1 at all....so I think microsoft knows about those people who still wanna use XP because of so many software is not compatible with 7 esp those accounting or point of sale. smile.gif

This forum is really FUN. I like it > Licensing.

thumbup.gif
Cheers
Azwraith
post Jul 27 2010, 12:07 PM

2 posts

moral of the story, use legal software....LOL smile.gif
Skylinestar
post Jul 30 2010, 09:05 AM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

If you see any where got the word "OEM" meaning those license cannot be transfer to another computer.

what if my mobo spoil and i wanna replace a new different mobo? or even hdd change? or cpu change?
wan2juice
post Sep 2 2010, 12:21 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

i'm using Vista.
i have my microsoft office 2007 which is not genuine.
it will pop out a screen stating my copy of microsoft office is not genuine, before i can get into the microsoft office.
i've tried to validate it as requested, but failed.

how can i solve this genuine thingy..?! will it be solved if i uninstall it n re-install again..?! or do i need to purchase the ori microsoft office..?!
gengstapo
post Sep 16 2010, 07:54 AM

Retired enthusiast
All Stars
10,688 posts

Not really, unless you activate it with complete driver.

I try it before. After finish installation (fresh install), I do:-

1. Connect to the internet with WiFi
2. I activate my OEM XP Pro activation
3. Backup the activation files/ key
4. Next time I change my system, I can still use the same key
5. Install necessary driver for the setup..

PS: Dont install complete driver/ software of your machine or it will tied to specific setup~

This post has been edited by gengstapo: Sep 16 2010, 07:57 AM
y2k_wmw
post Oct 30 2010, 01:43 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(dlwl @ Jun 2 2010, 06:39 PM)
Can Office 2007 Home & Student License be used for a non-profit organization? coz i checked microsoft's website, they only mentioned non-commercial household.
Hi, Microsoft do offers Charity Volume License for NPO in Malaysia. But you do have to meet some of their requirement & criteria. Office H&S is strictly for home user or students and cannot be use in any organization. Thanks! smile.gif

Added on October 30, 2010, 1:48 pm
QUOTE(wan2juice @ Sep 2 2010, 12:21 AM)
i'm using Vista.
i have my microsoft office 2007 which is not genuine.
it will pop out a screen stating my copy of microsoft office is not genuine, before i can get into the microsoft office.
i've tried to validate it as requested, but failed.

how can i solve this genuine thingy..?! will it be solved if i uninstall it n re-install again..?! or do i need to purchase the ori microsoft office..?!
Hi, if your copy Office 2007 is not genuine, it will keep showing you the notification until you uninstall it & reinstall with the license copy. Mayb you can get the Office Home & Student which can install on 3 machine and share the cost wif some of your frens. smile.gif

This post has been edited by y2k_wmw: Oct 30 2010, 01:48 PM
fariz
post Dec 21 2010, 05:05 AM

Tan Sri F
Group Icon
VIP
16,825 posts

Microsoft quietly shuts down Office Genuine Advantage program

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-throw...nuine-advantage
LalaBubbles
post Mar 15 2012, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

I run an enterprise company.
I was away and my secretary(quit already) order a new set of pc with
- Office Home and Business 2010
- Window 7 Pro
- Color Printer

so i was thinking izzit necessary for me to use Office Home and Business 2010 instead of office home? the whole company only have 1 PC.

We need to run ubs so we use window xp instead of window 7.
so gotta upgrade from window 7 home to window 7 pro, top up additional RM300.
to downgrade to window xp. is this true?

i read somewhere stating oem version only have the right to downgrade..
which is suppose to be cheaper?

izzit true someone reporting others using fake Microsoft product get reward 20k while the offender get fined 50k?

This post has been edited by LalaBubbles: Mar 15 2012, 10:23 PM
Saya_Dhuang
post Apr 23 2012, 09:26 AM

19 posts

Dude, look at the last entry before your post. Its Dec 2010! Too long already. Try searching it in the other thread as ppl may have discussed it before. icon_rolleyes.gif
leejames618
post Aug 25 2017, 11:07 AM

8 posts

every commercialware has it`s own equivalent gpl ware
spreeeee
post Aug 16 2018, 05:43 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

question.

an old laptop comes with oem windows 7 license, then got a free upgrade to windows 10.

now, if change new hdd, would it breach the license? or new license should be purchased?
Yggdrasil
post Aug 16 2018, 09:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Aug 16 2018, 05:43 PM)
question.

an old laptop comes with oem windows 7 license, then got a free upgrade to windows 10.

now, if change new hdd, would it breach the license? or new license should be purchased?
I'm not an expert but I came across a question like this last time and the answer is no. You will have to install the Windows again on your new HDD and they will prompt for your license. It will be auto-detected as this information is not stored on the old HDD but on the motherboard provided your laptop came with a Windows software.
spreeeee
post Aug 17 2018, 09:47 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Aug 16 2018, 09:52 PM)
I'm not an expert but I came across a question like this last time and the answer is no. You will have to install the Windows again on your new HDD and they will prompt for your license. It will be auto-detected as this information is not stored on the old HDD but on the motherboard provided your laptop came with a Windows software.
definitely need to reinstall windows, question is, is it legit to install coz it is OEM license?

11 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0368sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 AM