Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

can't use software properly

views

TSzuerae
post May 20 2013, 11:40 PM, updated 11y ago

1 posts

hi there,

here's my problem.

i used to install SPSS in my laptop last semester and it just worked properly for a fortnight (luckily i managed to complete one of my assignments that required SPSS, the other assignment i had to calculate manually using excel rclxub.gif ). had tried on other laptop using the same installer, it worked just fine.

this semester, i'm required to create a digital library using Greenstone. i managed to install them properly and it worked fine until the step to open the new collection i've created to include my materials in it. however, it keeps giving me (refer attachment) this error message. what the heck is gli.col? again, my friend managed to work on her Greenstone just fine although we're installing them the same way.

any idea on how to settle this matter? or is it time for me to throw this laptop into Sungai Klang? by the way, my laptop is Compaq Presario V3000 bought in 2008. is it like 1000 years in laptop year?

any help would be much appreciated. thank you

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
dreamsky999
post May 23 2013, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(zuerae @ May 20 2013, 11:40 PM)
hi there,

here's my problem.

i used to install SPSS in my laptop last semester and it just worked properly for a fortnight (luckily i managed to complete one of my assignments that required SPSS, the other assignment i had to calculate manually using excel  rclxub.gif ).  had tried on other laptop using the same installer, it worked just fine.

this semester, i'm required to create a digital library using Greenstone. i managed to install them properly and it worked fine until the step to open the new collection i've created to include my materials in it. however, it keeps giving me (refer attachment) this error message. what the heck is gli.col? again, my friend managed to work on her Greenstone just fine although we're installing them the same way.

any idea on how to settle this matter? or is it time for me to throw this laptop into Sungai Klang? by the way, my laptop is Compaq Presario V3000 bought in 2008. is it like 1000 years in laptop year?

any help would be much appreciated. thank you

Maybe your gli.col is corrupted. Try to copy your friend's gli.col and overwrite yours. Let's see how it turns out.

This post has been edited by dreamsky999: May 23 2013, 05:55 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:16 AM