Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Pos Malaysia Ridiculous Price Hike After May 17!, Price Hike of RM 40++!!!

views

TSpegasus1101
post May 19 2013, 06:05 PM, updated 7y ago

26 posts

Hi Guys,
Is anyone doing online Ebay businesses internationally? I've been doing it for 2 1/2 years and been sending my items to Pos Malaysia as the courier. They've been charging me RM 20++ for US delivery per item, RM 15+ for Europe, etc.

I take the Pos Malaysia's Registered Postage International Air which usually takes 21 days to reach to the buyers.

However yesterday was a real nightmare when I was informed that Pos Malaysia has revised their delivery price due to "Petrol" problem.

The New price now is an additional RM 40 ++ from the earlier charges.

Meaning.

US deliveries now stand at RM 64.10
Europe deliveries now stand at RM 55.10

This is ridiculous. They literally just killed my international business with this overwhelming price!

Does anyone know an alternate courier? I haven't scrapped off my Ebay business yet however I am still getting bids from international buyers.

It be very helpful if anyone knows. I believe a lot of people who are doing full-time Ebay business will seriously get effected by this huge turn of events!

What a way to start off the post-election results! sad.gif
LesAffreux
post May 19 2013, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(pegasus1101 @ May 19 2013, 06:05 PM)
Hi Guys,
Is anyone doing online Ebay businesses internationally? I've been doing it for 2 1/2 years and been sending my items to Pos Malaysia as the courier. They've been charging me RM 20++ for US delivery per item, RM 15+ for Europe, etc.

I take the Pos Malaysia's Registered Postage International Air which usually takes 21 days to reach to the buyers.

However yesterday was a real nightmare when I was informed that Pos Malaysia has revised their delivery price due to "Petrol" problem.

Meaning.

This is ridiculous. They literally just killed my international business with this overwhelming price!

Does anyone know an alternate courier? I haven't scrapped off my Ebay business yet however I am still getting bids from international buyers.

It be very helpful if anyone knows. I believe a lot of people who are doing full-time Ebay business will seriously get effected by this huge turn of events!

Uhm, maybe you could try FedEx Malaysia? I remember receiving a few packages from them, it's pretty reliable I dare say.

I read about this problem in the papers recently. I have no idea why Pos Malaysia would spike their prices up so high, it's ridiculous.
eaglehelang
post May 19 2013, 06:54 PM

Enthusiast
982 posts

Pegasus, pls also refer the threads in Kopitiam. It's very hot topic with a few threads of online sellers complaining.
Pos Malaysia has increased the price as you said
h@ksam
post May 19 2013, 07:04 PM

@ is a
3,321 posts

if you gotta rely on FEDEX or UPS your selling price will not be competitive for small items

POS malaysia is meant to be affordable postage for the masses and this sudden price increase of 3 times the original amount is downright shoddy... just like the elections.
prophetjul
post May 20 2013, 08:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,324 posts

Malaysia CAN!

From Rm20 to Rm60? That's a 200% hike!

WHO in the world does that?
Wassupman
post May 20 2013, 09:27 AM

On my way
658 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ May 20 2013, 08:02 AM)
Malaysia CAN!

From Rm20 to Rm60?  That's a 200% hike!

let me answer you that....
A Barisan Nasional crony....
prophetjul
post May 20 2013, 09:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,324 posts

QUOTE(Wassupman @ May 20 2013, 09:27 AM)
let me answer you that....
A Barisan Nasional crony....
BUY Pos Msia shares? biggrin.gif
Wassupman
post May 20 2013, 09:39 AM

On my way
658 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ May 20 2013, 09:30 AM)
BUY Pos  Msia shares?  biggrin.gif
nope.. i certainly dont buy them...
Ketchum
post May 20 2013, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

FedEx or DHL are both international couriers. Do try them as their services are not bad~~

After listening to the Terima Kasih advertisements, we have to say Terima Kasih to those who mengundi BN shakehead.gif
ridox_orimabu
post May 20 2013, 10:10 AM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,287 posts

due to Petrol problem?

so bn is really going to do it.

Fully take out the subsidized petrol and charge at a minimum of Rm3.00 for Ron95.

WELLDONE!
esto
post May 20 2013, 10:11 AM

Casual
324 posts

welcome to malaysia, want fast to be "negara berpendapatan tinggi", harga barang/services need tinggi also....... rclxub.gif

Wassupman
post May 20 2013, 10:14 AM

On my way
658 posts

in the first place, all companies are not entitled to fuel subsidies la....
secondly, syed mokthar has been claimed to be the biggest "sponsor" for this election. certainly he needs to raise some of his sales to gain back all the
"sponsors".
similarly, all the BR1Ms sponsored by BN, you think BN are not gonna find ways to recover them slowly?
paranoid
post May 20 2013, 11:35 AM

I can go from 0 to bitch in 0.6seconds
1,234 posts

they're seeking ways for ROI in GE13.

i'd rather use international postage options even if it's going to cost a little more.
the price hike is too absurd, i'd rather boycott their service.
owc
post May 20 2013, 11:40 AM

Generous in Sharing Knowledge
1,240 posts

Hi Guys,

Meaning.

You are sending out of Malaysia, the point is POS Malaysia will pass your packages to others country carrier service.
Posman of POS Malaysia will not personally delivered the packages to US or UK for you.
Even Malaysia petrol price increase, it had nothing to do with international mail delivery.
If you say is local mail, it's still make sense!
cwtien
post May 20 2013, 01:10 PM

Casual
448 posts

QUOTE(owc @ May 20 2013, 11:40 AM)
You are sending out of Malaysia, the point is POS Malaysia will pass your packages to others country carrier service.
Posman of POS Malaysia will not personally delivered the packages to US or UK for you.
Even Malaysia petrol price increase, it had nothing to do with international mail delivery.
If you say is local mail, it's still make sense!
The rate increase still doesn't make sense. I'm getting US Postal to deliver to me from US via normal mail at USD$5.58 (RM16). This is a country with no subsidised fuel.

Now I know why POS Malaysia shares have increased recently. EPF has been purchasing POS shares almost everyday. I sold out of POS last week....
Renekton
post May 20 2013, 01:36 PM

On my way
589 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ May 20 2013, 09:30 AM)
BUY Pos  Msia shares?  biggrin.gif
Ya, those who bought years ago quite untung nao drool.gif
Wei Li
post May 22 2013, 02:19 PM

1 posts

Hi Guys, I have a better option for you guys.. feel free to get in touch with me at 0123203303 or via skype (weili.sim)
dasauto
post May 28 2013, 11:01 PM

1 posts

The price hike was marginal for many ebayers from RM 2.10 to 2.50.....RM3.10 to 3.60 etc...what many don't understand was that NOW since last Wednesday is that they do NOT allow you to send via 1st class mail anymore !!!they want you to send via small packages which BTW is a 5X increase in price.......
drfeelgood
post May 28 2013, 11:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,713 posts

Rakyat didahulukan... kena tipu, kena rompak by bn umno!

Thank you to umno bn and those ignorant people who bodoh bodoh still vote bn umno eventhough everybody knows how terrible their corruption levels are.
robertchoo
post May 29 2013, 12:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,753 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ May 20 2013, 08:02 AM)
Malaysia CAN!

From Rm20 to Rm60?  That's a 200% hike!

Malaysia!
POS Malaysia probably realised that if the CM in Sarawak can increase his salary by 200%, accordingly POS Malaysia can also increase its charges by 200%!!!!
And soon TNB, PLUS, Indah Water will look at POS Malaysia and say "if POS Malaysia can increase its charges by 200%, so can we!"
Malaysia Boleh!

This post has been edited by robertchoo: May 29 2013, 12:09 AM
drfeelgood
post May 29 2013, 07:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,713 posts

QUOTE(robertchoo @ May 29 2013, 12:08 AM)
Malaysia!
POS Malaysia probably realised that if the CM in Sarawak can increase his salary by 200%, accordingly POS Malaysia can also increase its charges by 200%!!!!
And soon TNB, PLUS, Indah Water will look at POS Malaysia and say "if POS Malaysia can increase its charges by 200%, so can we!"
Malaysia Boleh!
especially tnb since tnb was instrumental in conducting blackout operations.....

in fact tnb had already increased, no?
Shopboy
post May 29 2013, 10:23 AM

On my way
609 posts

Malaysia!
Malaysia Boleh!
It's proven they can do whatever they want, the rakyat is too weak to do anything. Just look at the numbers of people turned up in bersih 1~3, and numbers of people attended Anwar's post GE13 ceramah.

If I'm BN, I'll just do whatever I want, I can increase 400% of all charges, I can raise GST to 50%, I can double up the AP, as I know I can do whatever I want and nothing will happened.

Seriously tell me, what can you do?
aspenvit
post May 29 2013, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,459 posts

Malaysia!
Malaysia Boleh!
NOT ONLY CM SALARY INCREASED BY 200%, ALL THE YBs SALARY IN SARAWAK INCREASED BY 200%.
Dellon@web2ship
post May 30 2013, 03:08 PM

1 posts

Hi Guys,

Meaning.

Check out www.web2ship.com ..alternative for online sellers smile.gif
TSpegasus1101
post Jun 6 2013, 11:11 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(Dellon@web2ship @ May 30 2013, 03:08 PM)
Check out www.web2ship.com ..alternative for online sellers  smile.gif
haha hi dellon, i am using your service already actually wink.gif Will be adding more shipments by today smile.gif

aie144
post Jun 10 2013, 10:42 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(pegasus1101 @ Jun 6 2013, 12:11 PM)
haha hi dellon, i am using your service already actually wink.gif Will be adding more shipments by today smile.gif
How's the service? Do you recommend it? I am looking around for alternatives to Pos Malaysia smile.gif
jrshow
post Jun 17 2013, 10:55 AM

Regular
1,470 posts

Hi Guys,

Meaning.

hi bro, i also doing buisness online..do u know how ridicous they rise thier price?i sending a package to cambodia,usually charge me about 85..now..285...i totally LOL at there..thanks for the people who have a great choose for selecting gover..
s1nn3r
post Jun 17 2013, 12:46 PM

Humility makes us real
753 posts

POS Malaysia is the still the cheapest service providers... DHL & etc will cost u a BOMB !

unless we get something like Airasia for POS
tengster
post Jun 19 2013, 01:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,612 posts

Hi Guys,

Meaning.

really post election effect...... BR1M, brown envelope.....

Now is PAYBACK TIME.....

Chaud
post Jun 20 2013, 08:51 AM

Enthusiast
863 posts

QUOTE(Wei Li @ May 22 2013, 02:19 PM)
Hi Guys, I have a better option for you guys.. feel free to get in touch with me at 0123203303 or via skype (weili.sim)
what are the other options?

Fedex? DHL? skynet?
jrshow
post Jun 20 2013, 09:36 AM

Regular
1,470 posts

Hi Guys,

Meaning.

hi bro, why dont do the buisness within malaysia?
jrshow
post Jun 20 2013, 09:37 AM

Regular
1,470 posts

QUOTE(tengster @ Jun 19 2013, 01:15 PM)
really post election effect...... BR1M, brown envelope.....

Now is PAYBACK TIME.....
this is tupid bro, if they do like this ,effecting our buisness also will course the economy of the country down as well..
tengster
post Jun 20 2013, 10:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,612 posts

POS MY is owned by cronies. Wattudo.

Dame story, when Robert Kuom was owning the sugar biz, price remain unchanged due to disapproval,. Once sold to Felda, then price allow to go up..
ymyl
post Jun 21 2013, 01:25 PM

28 posts

Pos Malaysia?? What a joke! Telling us that the HUGE price hike is inevitable due to rising cost in this and that. Don't tell me that operation costs in Malaysia are higher than those in Singapore or U.K!! What a joke shocking.gif rclxub.gif doh.gif vmad.gif mad.gif

This post has been edited by ymyl: Oct 7 2013, 02:49 PM
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Jun 24 2013, 06:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,507 posts

bruce.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Jul 15 2017, 10:27 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0572sec    1.05    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 04:26 AM