Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

shizu wonderland, share ur experience here.

views

TShighman
post Apr 27 2006, 04:16 PM, updated 18y ago

Getting Started
101 posts

i have adopted a shizu. it is 3 years old now. the problem is he piss anywhere corner. and i had taught him since i bought, but the situation still the same. any solution?
@lice~~
post Apr 27 2006, 06:20 PM

On my way
565 posts

QUOTE(highman @ Apr 27 2006, 04:16 PM)
i have adopted a shizu. it is 3 years old now. the problem is he piss anywhere corner. and i had taught him since i bought, but the situation still the same. any solution?
How u teach him not to piss anywhere?

I got a solution, if u got fren who hv a dog n it is toliet-trained for eg do his business on the newspaper then u let ur dog to stay wif them for sometime.. soon ur dog wil follow ur fren's dog to do the business on the paper.. but must make sure it is not terbalik.. sweat.gif laugh.gif

I know tis bcoz my housemate shih tzu oso the same like ur dog at 1st but after tat for abt 1 month time is know to piss on the newspaper like where my dog always do..

Hope tis help..

TShighman
post Apr 28 2006, 08:30 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

goto find another dog?mmmm.... then i need ask my frends got adopt shi zu or not.
but i have a question, i had saw the solution sold in Pet wonderland, it is train ur dog to piss proper location. is tht work? because the solution is quite expensive.
jdreamer
post Apr 28 2006, 08:39 AM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

QUOTE(highman @ Apr 28 2006, 08:30 AM)
goto find another dog?mmmm.... then i need ask my frends got adopt shi zu or not.
but i have a question, i had saw the solution sold in Pet wonderland,  it is train ur dog to piss proper location. is tht work? because the solution is quite expensive.
Housebreaking Spray ? Well, I did bought it, but its not really working with my dog.

Normally, when he wants to pee/poo, he will run to the garden himself. So, normally in the night, when I closed the doors, he will just sleep and sleep, and try to control himself. When he sees me in the morning, the first thing he does is run to the door and bark. After I open the door, he will rush out to pee/poo. tongue.gif But, accidents do happens at times lah, when he cant control himself. However, when accidents happened, the first thing he does in the morning isnt running to the door, but instead he will run to the place where he pee/poo and look at me with the innocent look. sweat.gif

I heard that u have to train ur dog when they're young, around 2-6 months. After that, its going to be difficult to train already. Maybe u can try Alice's way tho.

Good luck yah.
TShighman
post Apr 28 2006, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

Thanks for ur information.

my shizu is white face, and he always produce alot of tear, how to clean the tear on his face??? even i use tear cleaner, the dirt is still there.. can't removed completely.

but i bring him to pet saloon shop, they can remove the dirt. and i ask them any idea to remove it. they just said use the tear cleaner is enough.

so i just want to know any secret recipe to get rid of them?
jdreamer
post Apr 28 2006, 11:23 AM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

QUOTE(highman @ Apr 28 2006, 11:08 AM)
Thanks for ur information.

my shizu is white face, and he always produce alot of tear, how to clean the tear on his face??? even i use tear cleaner, the dirt is still there.. can't removed completely.

but i bring him to pet saloon shop, they can remove the dirt. and i ask them any idea to remove it. they just said use the tear cleaner is enough.

so i just want to know any secret recipe to get rid of them?
Yea, I think mostly long fur dogs have this tears problem. Its the same for my Maltese. I think someone here advised me to clean the eyes area everyday, with wet cotton, or cotton buds. This will reduce the amount of the stains. And everytime finish bathing him, I use the tear cleaner to clean it too. U need lots of patience there to clean it, u cant rush it. Dont pull it forcely, u might hurt ur dog. Just try to remove the stains gently, and slowly.
M2K2Land
post Apr 28 2006, 12:11 PM

Inevitable 忍者
2,407 posts

i believe outside/puppy.com.my did have a obidence training for your dog. Send them to the place and train it tongue.gif
@lice~~
post Apr 28 2006, 12:13 PM

On my way
565 posts

Wah!! jdreamer bcoming a dog expert adi... icon_rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Ya, u can try to buy the housebreaking aid to train ur dog.. some dog wil help some not.. for my dog at the very 1st i only give her a small place to run around bcoz at tat time i only rented a small room.. so her place to explore hv been limited.. i think bcoz of tis my dog is successed to be train using the newspaper method..

How old is ur dog?? If he adi an adult then mayb a bit harder to train n need more time n patient.. where u stay? i oso hv a shih tzu, female, stubborn but friendly... laugh.gif

Oops.. almost forgot.. for the tear remover... try to find a better brand.. last time i was been recommended by the petshop a quite effective brand (i think la) but i forgot the name adi.. tonite i try to look for it ya.. but it quite expensive lo.. 1 bottle = RM30+.. i think it is effective bcoz the smell which caused by the tear stain is totally removed but for the stain is a bit harder lo.. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by @lice~~: Apr 28 2006, 12:17 PM
kimmie
post Apr 28 2006, 12:13 PM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

my shih zhu (sis one actually) is the worst of its kind....she went for jab and they wiegh her 1.5 kg; 1 month later she came back she was 3kg!!!!! doc also shocked!and when inject stay put so lazy....the most gulible lazy dog i ever had
@lice~~
post Apr 28 2006, 12:20 PM

On my way
565 posts

QUOTE(kimmie @ Apr 28 2006, 12:13 PM)
my shih zhu (sis one actually) is the worst of its kind....she went for jab and they wiegh her 1.5 kg; 1 month later she came back she was 3kg!!!!! doc also shocked!and when inject stay put so lazy....the most gulible lazy dog i ever had
how old is ur shih tzu?? wat jab it hv took?

My shih tzu, 11 months old adi reach 4.5kg.. sweat.gif but she is spayed la.. tongue.gif laugh.gif

TShighman
post Apr 28 2006, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(@lice~~ @ Apr 28 2006, 12:20 PM)
how old is ur shih tzu?? wat jab it hv took?

My shih tzu, 11 months old adi reach 4.5kg..  sweat.gif  but she is spayed la..  tongue.gif  laugh.gif
my shizu 3 year olds, male. mmmm... around 5kg. the size medium.
very active. smile.gif
jdreamer
post Apr 28 2006, 01:54 PM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

QUOTE(@lice~~ @ Apr 28 2006, 12:13 PM)
Wah!! jdreamer bcoming a dog expert adi...  icon_rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif
Yeh! Hehe.. but not expert lah, only more exprienced. sweat.gif

My maltese is 2.6kg, 3 months old now (almost 4 months). sweat.gif
TShighman
post Apr 28 2006, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(kimmie @ Apr 28 2006, 12:13 PM)
maybe u feed too much food. tht's why she eaily get fat, and some more less doing excersice. i heard from the pet shop owner, the type of food u feed also effected their weight. u need to aware about this.
nairud
post Apr 28 2006, 02:14 PM

One Leg Kick Ultra
Group Icon
Staff
7,529 posts

For the stain remover, there's one that is consumable. That one works wonder for my frens' Poodles. Forgot the brand name already
crazymouse_yyh
post Apr 28 2006, 04:08 PM

www.suggiesathome .wordpress.com
Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

My late shih tzu was only 6kg and he was the standard size and shape.... old age got him....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:40 AM