Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> India or Indonesia for Dentistry? (University)

Lemonty0305
post May 17 2013, 04:10 PM

Group: Junior Member

I am a graduate of STPM currently struggling in choosing either pursuing my studies in Manipal (INDIA) or UNPAD (INDONESIA) for Dentistry. Btw please recommend a few professional agencies as I need to register for the entrance exam and etc. I need your wise advices. Thank you:)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
eCo15
post May 17 2013, 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Lemonty0305 @ May 17 2013, 04:10 PM)
I am a graduate of STPM currently struggling in choosing either pursuing my studies in Manipal (INDIA) or UNPAD (INDONESIA) for Dentistry. Btw please recommend a few professional agencies as I need to register for the entrance exam and etc. I need your wise advices. Thank you:)
If I were you, i would prefer Manipal. My friends told me that the medical technology at there are much better than UNIPAD. Yet, the decision is still on your hand. Do some research through internet. I am not sure whether my information is true or not.
+Quote Post
tristan99
post May 17 2013, 05:22 PM

Are you self-sponsored? Or you get any scholarship?
+Quote Post
chiahau
post May 17 2013, 11:45 PM

Fatthau StalKer
Group: Senior Member

You could go to Aimst and get the same thing.

Why purposely want go Manipal?

Do you know that Dentistry is an inflated course? You pay nearly 500k for a degree without much chance to recoup it back within 5~10 years at least....

IF it's really pure interest, you could do some research instead of asking here blindly, right? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 18 2013, 10:20 AM

QUOTE(tristan99 @ May 17 2013, 05:22 PM)
Are you self-sponsored? Or you get any scholarship?
Thank you for your reply:) Currently I have had applied for few scholarships hopefully can be sponsored by any of them as I am waiting for their reply. For Manipal the course fee for 5 years is about 300K while for UNPAD it's 200K. This is excluding the living expenses, however the accommodation is included.
+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 18 2013, 10:36 AM

QUOTE(chiahau @ May 17 2013, 11:45 PM)
You could go to Aimst and get the same thing.

Why purposely want go Manipal?

Do you know that Dentistry is an inflated course? You pay nearly 500k for a degree without much chance to recoup it back within 5~10 years at least....

IF it's really pure interest, you could do some research instead of asking here blindly, right? biggrin.gif
Thanks for your reply. Of course I have done plenty of research through net and agencies and even been talked to the dentists as well as my seniors. I am posting mainly to hear from the experience people. According to most of them, they claimed that besides gaining experience in oversea since you are far from home, and the qualification in India is much more valuable than that in Msia. Furthermore, Manipal is offering twinning which are 2 years in India 3 years in Msia, the tuition fees is about 300K, my senior living there he claimed that the living expenses is only RM600 per month. It will be so much cheaper compare to AIMST.

Yes even Medicine is also an inflated course especially in our country, If I were to use the 500k for this degree, I could make 1M after the 10 years, why not? Since my interest and abilities come along for this course. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 18 2013, 10:38 AM

QUOTE(eCo15 @ May 17 2013, 04:18 PM)
If I were you, i would prefer Manipal. My friends told me that the medical technology at there are much better than UNIPAD. Yet, the decision is still on your hand. Do some research through internet. I am not sure whether my information is true or not.
Looking forward to your reply soon. Yes exactly that's what I understand from both of my seniors as well. Moreover Manipal has a new dental building, specially for clinical purpose:)
+Quote Post
TheCagedBird
post May 18 2013, 11:01 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Lemonty0305 @ May 18 2013, 10:38 AM)
Looking forward to your reply soon. Yes exactly that's what I understand from both of my seniors as well. Moreover Manipal has a new dental building, specially for clinical purpose:)
Many friends of mine are doing Medicine at Unipad, cuz it's closer than India tongue.gif

But see this tongue.gif user posted image

I believe Manipal is not a too bad university, and you can spend time in both Malaysia and India

just prepare for your Delhi belly on the 1st week brows.gif

This post has been edited by TheCagedBird: May 18 2013, 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
zstan
post May 18 2013, 01:42 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Lemonty0305 @ May 18 2013, 10:36 AM)
Thanks for your reply. Of course I have done plenty of research through net and agencies and even been talked to the dentists as well as my seniors. I am posting mainly to hear from the experience people. According to most of them, they claimed that besides gaining experience in oversea since you are far from home, and the qualification in India is much more valuable than that in Msia. Furthermore, Manipal is offering twinning which are 2 years in India 3 years in Msia, the tuition fees is about 300K, my senior living there he claimed that the living expenses is only RM600 per month. It will be so much cheaper compare to AIMST.

Yes even Medicine is also an inflated course especially in our country, If I were to use the 500k for this degree, I could make 1M after the 10 years, why not? Since my interest and abilities come along for this course. smile.gif
please PM me when you have made 1M after 10 years. i would really like to hear your success story notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
edge85
post May 18 2013, 01:48 PM

Regular

lol. UNPAD.

I once had a colleague from UNPAD. she takes about 3 sessions to complete a simple RCT case. each session took her 3-4 hours (3x4=12 hours for ONE RCT CASE) but as for my friends and I, we take just about 1-1.5 hours for the entire case!

another one from MEDAN. the rest of the world uses stainless steel or nickel titanium for shaping of canals. this fellow uses paper points.

conclusion: Indonesia produces lousy dental graduates. period.

This post has been edited by edge85: May 18 2013, 01:49 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
chiahau
post May 18 2013, 02:18 PM

Fatthau StalKer

QUOTE(Lemonty0305 @ May 18 2013, 10:36 AM)

If you are so confident you can make 1 million MYR after 10 year, go ahead.

Simple mathematics shows it's very difficult.

Using the highest co-factor of possible earning, averaged by years, multiplied by the number of years which is 10 minus your 500k investment and taxes, you need to make something more than 1,5 million in the 1st place.

1st year ~ 3rd year = Start of Career = 4k at most = 4,000 x 12 x 3 = 144,000

4th year to 6th year = Specialization process = Maybe 8k onwards = 8,000 x 12 x 2 = 192,000

6th year to 10th year = Maybe you become big shot already, 20k onward = 20,000 x 12 x 4 = 960,000

Total earned = 1.296 million - 500k initial spendings - ( Average tax - 20% at least ) = 536,000

It's theoretically possible to reach 1 million in GROSS earning, but very difficult to make 1 million in NETT earning

Plus, the 6th year to the 10th year's earnings are likely inflated compared to logical earning as a benefit of doubt to you.

QUOTE(zstan @ May 18 2013, 01:42 PM)
please PM me when you have made 1M after 10 years. i would really like to hear your success story  notworthy.gif
Lol, refer my calculations above and see if it's possible or not laugh.gif
+Quote Post
henghuang
post May 18 2013, 02:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chiahau @ May 18 2013, 02:18 PM)
If you are so confident you can make 1 million MYR after 10 year, go ahead.

Simple mathematics shows it's very difficult.

Using the highest co-factor of possible earning, averaged by years, multiplied by the number of years which is 10 minus your 500k investment and taxes, you need to make something more than 1,5 million in the 1st place.

1st year ~ 3rd year = Start of Career = 4k at most = 4,000 x 12 x 3 = 144,000

4th year to 6th year = Specialization process = Maybe 8k onwards = 8,000 x 12 x 2 = 192,000

6th year to 10th year = Maybe you become big shot already, 20k onward = 20,000 x 12 x 4 = 960,000

Total earned = 1.296 million - 500k initial spendings - ( Average tax - 20% at least ) = 536,000

It's theoretically possible to reach 1 million in GROSS earning, but very difficult to make 1 million in NETT earning

Plus, the 6th year to the 10th year's earnings are likely inflated compared to logical earning as a benefit of doubt to you.
Lol, refer my calculations above and see if it's possible or not  laugh.gif
So 1 million is possible? thumbup.gif Aiming for local university now
+Quote Post
chiahau
post May 18 2013, 02:36 PM

Fatthau StalKer

QUOTE(henghuang @ May 18 2013, 02:23 PM)
So 1 million is possible?  thumbup.gif Aiming for local university now
It's theoretically possible.

Can you read properly?

You could, in theory make 1 million.

In reality, that's another story....
+Quote Post
henghuang
post May 18 2013, 03:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chiahau @ May 18 2013, 02:36 PM)
It's theoretically possible.

Can you read properly?

You could, in theory make 1 million.

In reality, that's another story....
I believe with hardwork and dedication, it's possible blush.gif
+Quote Post
chiahau
post May 18 2013, 03:21 PM

Fatthau StalKer

QUOTE(henghuang @ May 18 2013, 03:19 PM)
I believe with hardwork and dedication, it's possible blush.gif
Sorry to quash your dreams, but it's unlikely possible to make 1 million unless you are one in a million, esp in Malaysia.
+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 19 2013, 02:12 PM

QUOTE(TheCagedBird @ May 18 2013, 11:01 AM)
Many friends of mine are doing Medicine at Unipad, cuz it's closer than India tongue.gif

But see this tongue.gif  user posted image

I believe Manipal is not a too bad university, and you can spend time in both Malaysia and India

just prepare for your Delhi belly on the 1st week brows.gif
WOAH thanks for that info biggrin.gif It's their honour to be granted! Btw what do you mean to prepare for Delhi belly? Do you mean their food delicates? Hope for your reply!
+Quote Post
PrincZe
post May 19 2013, 03:18 PM

Enthusiast

roti canai? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
tortoise_bobo
post May 19 2013, 05:14 PM

for someone who is hoping to make millions from professional course such as dentistry or medicine..clearly, you are not passionate enough..
+Quote Post
limeuu
post May 19 2013, 06:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(tortoise_bobo @ May 19 2013, 05:14 PM)
for someone who is hoping to make millions from professional course such as dentistry or medicine..clearly, you are not passionate enough..
in the current msian climate of buying courses and degrees, it has nothing to do with 'passion' but everything about money.....

note that so far in this thread, people are talking about a critical course, which in most parts of the world, is a very selective and difficult course to get into.....and students in their forums will be talking about academic results, entry tests, selection cut-offs, etc.....

here, it's about the fees, what 'agent' to use, and how much one can earn after that.....

This post has been edited by limeuu: May 19 2013, 06:08 PM
+Quote Post
TheCagedBird
post May 19 2013, 08:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Lemonty0305 @ May 19 2013, 02:12 PM)
WOAH thanks for that info biggrin.gif It's their honour to be granted! Btw what do you mean to prepare for Delhi belly? Do you mean their food delicates? Hope for your reply!
Lol, yea, the local Indian food, besides Delhi belly, there's Delhi boil
+Quote Post
tortoise_bobo
post May 19 2013, 08:18 PM

QUOTE(limeuu @ May 19 2013, 06:06 PM)
in the current msian climate of buying courses and degrees, it has nothing to do with 'passion' but everything about money.....

note that so far in this thread, people are talking about a critical course, which in most parts of the world, is a very selective and difficult course to get into.....and students in their forums will be talking about academic results, entry tests, selection cut-offs, etc.....

here, it's about the fees, what 'agent' to use, and how much one can earn after that.....
true..which makes me despise a number of my friends... for them, getting a medical is a route to earning more and seeking prestige. and majority of them are from matriculation while the 'richer' go to Russia...
+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 20 2013, 10:46 AM

QUOTE(edge85 @ May 18 2013, 01:48 PM)
lol. UNPAD.

I once had a colleague from UNPAD. she takes about 3 sessions to complete a simple RCT case. each session took her 3-4 hours (3x4=12 hours for ONE RCT CASE) but as for my friends and I, we take just about 1-1.5 hours for the entire case!

another one from MEDAN. the rest of the world uses stainless steel or nickel titanium for shaping of canals. this fellow uses paper points.

conclusion: Indonesia produces lousy dental graduates. period.
Wow is that true? Thanks for your information that's really helpful. Btw are you a dentist now? Which uni are you from?
+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 20 2013, 10:57 AM

QUOTE(tortoise_bobo @ May 19 2013, 05:14 PM)
My passion towards dentistry doesn't shown in words, It's all reflected in my action and that's my ambition. You have no right to judge over my passion since you only know everything ON me, not IN me.

As in the previous post, I was assuming that we need not 500k for the course, instead I can do it with 250 or 300k in India or Indon. Of course I would be happy IF AND ONLY IF I could use the 500k to make 1m smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lemonty0305
post May 20 2013, 11:02 AM

QUOTE(TheCagedBird @ May 19 2013, 08:00 PM)
Lol, yea, the local Indian food, besides Delhi belly, there's Delhi boil
That's sounds great! At least there's something make me feel home:D
+Quote Post
cckkpr
post May 20 2013, 12:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Manipal is a LOCAL degree and not an Indian degree. The two years pre-clinical in India is mostly theoretical and the clinicals are done in bolehland.

Indonesia is never the preferred choice for both med and dentistry.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
limeuu
post May 20 2013, 03:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!

please note that the melaka manipal degree is NOT recognised in India, although it is supposedly from an indian uni, and part of the course is done in india....not that it matters anyway for the majority of people.....

This post has been edited by limeuu: May 20 2013, 05:59 PM
+Quote Post
henghuang
post May 20 2013, 03:54 PM

Getting Started

It seems there are a lot of angry people here smile.gif
+Quote Post
SnailWithFingers
post May 20 2013, 04:07 PM

On my way

Go IMU... RM500k, decent university, worth it.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0710sec    2.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:46 PM