Casual
409 posts

300++
use for gaming/music (hq) clear bass and audio/movie
SSJBen
post May 11 2013, 02:14 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(kosuke09211 @ May 11 2013, 12:43 PM)
300++
use for gaming/music (hq) clear bass and audio/movie
You're better off with a Superlux 668b or a 681 (RM150 and RM99), then get a better seperate mic. If you absolutely need a headset for under RM300, I can only suggest a Siberia V2 and nothing else.
The Vengeance 1500 blows major balls in music, no fidelity in the highs at all.
TSkosuke09211
post May 11 2013, 02:39 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 11 2013, 02:14 PM)
You're better off with a Superlux 668b or a 681 (RM150 and RM99), then get a better seperate mic. If you absolutely need a headset for under RM300, I can only suggest a Siberia V2 and nothing else.
The Vengeance 1500 blows major balls in music, no fidelity in the highs at all.
so what you are saying is that the 1500 is not worth it also the sound quality sucks?
or in another way it is good but not suitable for my budget?
i dont mind that the price is over 300

SSJBen
post May 11 2013, 03:53 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(kosuke09211 @ May 11 2013, 02:39 PM)
so what you are saying is that the 1500 is not worth it also the sound quality sucks?
or in another way it is good but not suitable for my budget?
i dont mind that the price is over 300
Gaming headsets are generally supbar for its sound quality and the worst thing is that they sell at a stupid price that doesn't justify the quality you should actually be getting.
What is your absolute maximum budget?

Really for RM300+, I suggest you get a Superlux 668b or 681 and a decent soundcard like a Asus Xonar DGX to go with it (as I do not see a soundcard in your PC's specs).

Oh and I did not notice you already have a Siberia V2, all the more reason to forget about the Vengeance 1500. They both already sound similar (the Siberia does have slightly tighter bass response), but still like trash for how much they cost.

Depending on your preference, the 668b is a bassier headphone than the 681. Where the 681 on the other hand is slightly more neutral, but mids and highs (the treble) aren't as recessed.
Both of these headphones are entry level audiophile headphones, they're built better than the Vengeance 1500, they're cheaper and they sound just SO MUCH better no matter what you are listening to.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: May 11 2013, 03:55 PM
TSkosuke09211
post May 11 2013, 04:07 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 11 2013, 03:53 PM)
Gaming headsets are generally supbar for its sound quality and the worst thing is that they sell at a stupid price that doesn't justify the quality you should actually be getting.
What is your absolute maximum budget?

Really for RM300+, I suggest you get a Superlux 668b or 681 and a decent soundcard like a Asus Xonar DGX to go with it (as I do not see a soundcard in your PC's specs).

Oh and I did not notice you already have a Siberia V2, all the more reason to forget about the Vengeance 1500. They both already sound similar (the Siberia does have slightly tighter bass response), but still like trash for how much they cost.

Depending on your preference, the 668b is a bassier headphone than the 681. Where the 681 on the other hand is slightly more neutral, but mids and highs (the treble) aren't as recessed.
Both of these headphones are entry level audiophile headphones, they're built better than the Vengeance 1500, they're cheaper and they sound just SO MUCH better no matter what you are listening to.
thx for the suggestion bro rclxms.gif
for the siberia v2 last time i bought is just becoz i like the colour and for the design looks nice
barely use it doh.gif use my sony wireless headset more often
one question though does the 668b comes with a build in mic? sweat.gif
sound card i'm having a hard time to choose dont know purchase which one is better sweat.gif
SSJBen
post May 11 2013, 04:21 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(kosuke09211 @ May 11 2013, 04:07 PM)
thx for the suggestion bro rclxms.gif
for the siberia v2 last time i bought is just becoz i like the colour and for the design looks nice
barely use it  doh.gif  use my sony wireless headset more often
one question though does the 668b comes with a build in mic? sweat.gif
sound card i'm having a hard time to choose dont know purchase which one is better  sweat.gif
No, the 668b does not come with a mic. It is a headphone, not a headset.
But as I've always suggested to everyone, you're better off getting a proper noise cancelling mic on its own instead of one that comes in a headset.

It's definitely a little bit of a bother for some maybe, but I'll continue to suggest getting a seperate mic as always.

As for a sound card, if you're not looking to go for anything high end in the future, the Xonar DGX will serve you good.
It's about RM150, comes with a decent headphone amp and fairly okay DAC. If you're into virtual surround sound, Dolby Headphones fits well with the 668b and is nice pair for movies with surround sound.
TSkosuke09211
post May 11 2013, 04:33 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 11 2013, 04:21 PM)
No, the 668b does not come with a mic. It is a headphone, not a headset.
But as I've always suggested to everyone, you're better off getting a proper noise cancelling mic on its own instead of one that comes in a headset.

It's definitely a little bit of a bother for some maybe, but I'll continue to suggest getting a seperate mic as always.

As for a sound card, if you're not looking to go for anything high end in the future, the Xonar DGX will serve you good.
It's about RM150, comes with a decent headphone amp and fairly okay DAC. If you're into virtual surround sound, Dolby Headphones fits well with the 668b and is nice pair for movies with surround sound.
ok then what mic that you suggest?
for the sound card was thinking getting a decent one
and save some money then buy a new speaker with good bass tongue.gif
will the Xonar DGX do the trick?
for the surround sound normally i only watch normal quality movie +anime
also i think i will get the 668b thx bro thumbup.gif
SSJBen
post May 11 2013, 05:02 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(kosuke09211 @ May 11 2013, 04:33 PM)
ok then what mic that you suggest?
for the sound card was thinking getting a decent one
and save some money then buy a new speaker with good bass  tongue.gif
will the Xonar DGX do the trick?
for the surround sound normally i only watch normal quality movie +anime
also i think i will get the 668b thx bro thumbup.gif
I personally use this - http://dx.com/p/mini-clip-on-microphone-7080

Yup, $2.31 is what I paid for.
It isn't noise cancelling though, so I had to clip it to my headphone's cable to cut down on other noise as much as possible.

For the soundcard you can either get a Xonar DGX now or get a Creative Soundblaster Z (RM338).
I suggest the SBZ but if you're tight on budget, the DGX is absolutely fine.

As for speakers, that's a whole other topic but the only thing I suggest is to stay away from "PC/multimedia" speakers — the ones from Logitech, Altec Lansing, Edifier, etc.
siles1991
post May 11 2013, 05:44 PM

I love tubes so should you!
1,861 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 11 2013, 05:02 PM)

It isn't noise cancelling though, so I had to clip it to my headphone's cable to cut down on other noise as much as possible.

For the soundcard you can either get a Xonar DGX now or get a Creative Soundblaster Z (RM338).

As for speakers, that's a whole other topic but the only thing I suggest is to stay away from "PC/multimedia" speakers — the ones from Logitech, Altec Lansing, Edifier, etc.
actually quite interested in that mind making a short recording using that mic?
TSkosuke09211
post May 12 2013, 04:03 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 11 2013, 05:02 PM)

got any noise cancel mic?
for the soundcard i think i will get a second hand decent one
still seeking nod.gif
siles1991
post May 12 2013, 04:49 PM

I love tubes so should you!
1,861 posts

After looking through this thread did a bit research check out the zalman mic1 or the antlion modmic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM