Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ABNxcess ABNxcess offering 10, 30 and 50 Mbps at RM129.00 &, Malaysia first digital cable TV network

views

SUSstren89
post Mar 14 2014, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

ABNxcess

When ABNxcess is coming to Ipoh city areas such as town centre, Pasir Putih/Pinji & Gunung Rapat ?

Got big potential since entire city centre still don't have UniFi coverage except outskirt suburbs like Tasek and Jelapang.

If you price at RM99 with existing cable TV channel offer, many Ipoh people will switch to ABN from Telekom and cancel their ASTRO.

No competition at all and blue ocean way.
SUSstren89
post Mar 14 2014, 09:40 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Mar 14 2014, 08:03 PM)
Ipoh still dont have economical of scale to do bizness

user posted image
Why do you say so? We have lots of hotel coming up in the city without UniFi coverage. Weekends are jammed pack with KL cars.

So much that it's more worthwhile expanding to UniFi already available areas?
SUSstren89
post Mar 14 2014, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Mar 14 2014, 09:47 PM)
u also say weekend only pack with car...

if i only go back ipoh for 2 day every week, will i subscribe to 69.99 internet?
something to think about

user posted image
Ipoh case is little funny.

It has a population size bigger than Penang.

Even more weird thing is that the area where the most successful Urban Transformation Centre (UTC) in Malaysia operates in the middle of the city centre has no UniFi coverage until today except for the Kedai Telekom nearby?

This is the heart of the city where most business and shops are located. Plenty of people already living with slow Streamyx 1-2mbps Streamyx due to very old colonial times copper lying around until today. Always service disrupted because the ducts and underground manholes kena banjir air.

Postcode: 30030

Ipoh's UTC Tops In The Country
http://www.pmo.gov.my/ksn/home.php?frontpa...ws/detail/17722

Areas where the most lively such as Greentown(Ipoh Parade) and Jln. Pasir Putih(Station 18) all have yet to see any works going on for UniFi expanding.

Where is the support from 1Malaysia government?
SUSstren89
post Mar 14 2014, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Mar 14 2014, 09:47 PM)
u also say weekend only pack with car...

if i only go back ipoh for 2 day every week, will i subscribe to 69.99 internet?
something to think about

user posted image
RM69.99 5mbps internet? I want it immediately!

Better than my slow crawling 2mbps Streamyx anytime at RM130 after tax and mobile line calls already RM150++

Even better got RM99.99 internet better.
SUSstren89
post Mar 14 2014, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Mar 14 2014, 11:18 PM)
streamyx need pay tax?

abnxcess 69.99 x 1066%

user posted image
Need to pay tax la.

RM70 for 5mbps.

TM Streamyx
RM110 for 1mbps
RM130 for 2mbps

When ABNxcess HSBB coming to Ipoh area?
SUSstren89
post Mar 22 2014, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(mun88 @ Mar 20 2014, 12:59 PM)
SELANGOR area still not yet 100% cover, still want to go to other state ?
Klang Valley residents already overspoilt with choices.

Got UniFi, Time Fibre, Maxis Fibre and so many LTE options.

Apa u mau lagi?

Over here in the middle Ipoh city business district we don't even see any sign of UniFi yet and stucked with 2mbps mostly with old copper cables.

Waited for HSBB to come for since 2008 but hasn't arrive until today.
SUSstren89
post Mar 22 2014, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 21 2014, 08:40 PM)
2 busy songlap doh.gif doh.gif
Are you from Ipoh also?

I would say DAP is worst if not been useless since they took over Ipoh. They did nothing to help improve the city conditions and the citizens in the city.

We still stuck with old telephone copper some older(tenths of years) than many younger generation and their DAP people busy setting up their business around town with their politician cronies.

ABNxcess, please come to Ipoh and improve our telecoms infrastructure. You have our unprecedented full support with little competition since we already gave up on UniFi HSBB coming to our city.

Most of us will ditch TM without thinking further because we are forced with lousy options.

Ipoh people FULLY WELCOME ABNxcess Cable TV network and is glad to here the good news announcement made recently.
SUSstren89
post Mar 22 2014, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(mun88 @ Mar 22 2014, 07:09 PM)
orang kampung !! don't know what happen in Selangor ... doh.gif 
not all Selangor place cover by streamyx , unifi, maxis ... some place in slenagor only can get 1m, some place can get only 4m... i think you never come to Selangor..
IPOH i think need to wait at least 1 year later
Ipoh city has higher importance than small kampungs like Kuala Selangor, Kuang or Rawang.

It is a major city that has higher population than Penang Island, Kota Kinabalu and even Cheras.

What do you mean 1 year later. We waited for 6 YEARS for UniFi and still not kambing!
SUSstren89
post Mar 23 2014, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(steventan85 @ Mar 23 2014, 10:36 AM)
most of the ISP will choose Penang and Klang Valley over ipoh anytime ... ipoh location is not good and its a small city ...its doesnt matter if its under BN or DAP, do u think politician got nothing better to do , other than discussing the ISP in Ipoh? its ISP decision to develop their infrastructure and invest money in the particular state... and ROI for their investment ..u want politician to interfere ISP decision ? its a naive thinking..grow up pls...

doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
Sorry to put this to Penang kia or better Penang "lang" since I'm Hokkien too. Klang Hokkien is closer to the original Ming Nan by the way wink.gif

Did you know why Penang broadband infrastructure is now in the mess and ABNxcess is skipping Penang in their upcoming rollout in their latest announcement?

They are going after JB, Malacca and Seremban and Ipoh first after the the Klang Valley.

Ipoh location is not good? We're not prone to tsunami and natural disasters unlike Penang.
We have better vegetation supplies anytime compared to your tiny island with surrounding contaminated sea.
Why does top corporations such as Google chose inland cities such as Kansas, Utah and Chiang Mai to build their best networks and host datacentres?

As a Penang "lang", you should know very well that your entire island telco fibre backbone ring network is fully monopolized by the PDC Telco run by Jeff Ooi and his members. Every ISP who wants to deploy their service to Penang has to go through his approval and wholesale signing to use PDC Telco's fibre facilities. Since this guy is pure DAP guy if he doesn't like you, he's going to give you a nice and fair deal especially if you're from TM or ABNxcess.

There is still hope for Penang langs around. You can still hope Time Fibre to come to your flats and apartments smile.gif

ABNxcess belongs to BN's 1Malaysia camp and Penang pro DAP still wants to beg BN now for mercy? Where is your face and integrity now?

Come next round of GE, Ipoh will not be fooled into DAP lies anymore. 2 terms is more than enough BS for them to enrich their own cronies but did almost nothing for Ipoh people.
SUSstren89
post Mar 23 2014, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(steventan85 @ Mar 23 2014, 10:38 AM)
higher population doesnt mean high income per capita.... u can have 1mil population with average income 1.5k , or 500k with 3k-4k income each ..

purchasing power in ipoh is still low.... very low ....
Penang's electronics and technology sector is going down. Investors are going to neighboring countries which are cheaper and more open. Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.

Intel top fab facility is not on an island or a coastal city. It's an inland city named the "silicon forest".
Google chose both Kansas City and Utah also for good reasons. They are not coastal cities but also located inland.

Do you know why?

Penang food is overhyped and the only people they're fooling are HKers and Singaporeans.

We supply your kuew tiows with the best soft water and whose coffee wins?

Ipoh's purchasing power is still low? Proof please?

What real resources does your island has? Natural resources? Brain resources? Tourists resources maybe.

Natural disasters?

Where is the most recent top STPM student from? laugh.gif

Please keep back your Penang "lang" si pride la
SUSstren89
post Mar 23 2014, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

ABNxcess same boss as Quest University, Ipoh?

I heard they got many important big projects in Ipoh and Perak.

Since early March I saw got big underground cable driller machine(like tractor with long drill) working in front of the Quest University, Jln. Kampar, Jln. Sultan Azlan Shah(Airport Road), Jln. Pasir Putih all the way to Station 18.

The sign they put up is Kerja TNB but actually they laying fibre optic cabling undeground.

Is this for ABNxcess Cable?
SUSstren89
post Mar 26 2014, 01:16 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(mengsuan @ Mar 25 2014, 09:06 PM)
If any state fail, we all fail as a nation. If purchasing power is high, Ipoh will have to prove a higher GDP than Penang.

Anyway, please stay within discussion. Your pride is deviating the topic.
No, purchasing power has little to do with real GDP figures if includes illicit foreign funds pumping into a city's property sector.

There are better ways to determine a city's performance through access to real natural resources, happiness index and suicide rates.

I hope you do not push aside the real reason why Penang's broadband infrastructure has been getting setback and pushed behind other state capitals not only Ipoh, but even Malacca, Seremban and even other towns in Kedah such as SP and Alor Setar.

The actual reason as mentioned in my previous post is due to PDC Telco a state run public infrastructure company owned by Jeff Ooi and his cronies which forces all ISPs to lease the island wide fibre ring network backbone even if they can afford to lay their own fibre network across the island.

They tried to imitate Singapore's NGNBN model but it's a proven failure which is in fact a monopoly.

Think of it this way, other telcos such as TM and ABNxcess wants to lay their own fibre network on their own to save on cost in the long run but they are can't and this PDC telco does not allow them to do it except to lease from their monopolized fibre ring nodes.

In other states they have full control over their packages profit margins, while in Penang they always have to include having to put aside the wholesale leasing fee to PDC Telco. How can they be competitive?

ISPs prefer to build their own networks(if they can afford it) because they can have better price control over others.
In fact, it has its own advantages because if everyone shares a single network when one goes down it takes along the rest of the ISPs operating with it.

The Singapore's NGNBN has its own issues too. No doubt it prevents wastage of cable laying and allows a unified cleaner public infrastructure, users have always been complaining and blaming the sole wholesale passive network provider, OpCo for messing up their lines. None of the service providers can touch the passive network infra that connects the city except them.

The other more efficient model is Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand open cable laying model on public infrastructures such as utility poles. Almost any ISPs can make use of these public utility poles to pull their cables.
They may look like a mess and webs of wires run throughout their cities, competition allows them to throw prices around with so many companies to choose.

Whenever you allow a single company to own every rights to a public infrastructure, eventually it'll end up becoming a monopoly and the company will get over arrogant due to its full exclusive rights.
Eventually it becomes a "take it or leave it attitude".
SUSstren89
post Mar 28 2014, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(RViN @ Mar 27 2014, 04:14 PM)
Isn't PDC Telco owned and run by Penang Development Corporation, which is a state owned development entity similar to Selangor's PKNS? It has been in existence since 1971. So how exactly does Jeff Ooi "own" it?
PDC Telco is a subdivision of PDC which owns the entire broadband/data backbone across Penang Island.
Any telco that wants to deploy their services on Penang Island has to lease their wholesale network to reach their audiences. That's why they are a monopoly.

Just an example, ABNxcess wants to link up KOMTAR data centre to Pulau Tikus, they can't just lay their cables all the way to Pulau Tikus exchange/substation, they can't just do that. The entire island's ring network and its exit nodes are all exclusively owned by PDC Telco and no one can bypass it forcing all ISPs to lease from them.

They try to imitate SG's OpCo model which owns the entire island's passive infrastructure which is actually a monopoly model that forces all retail service providers to pay tributes to the exclusive infrastructure company which owns the entire backbone ring network in the country.

http://www.pdctelco.com.my/

Now tell me why I'm derailing the topic?
My explanation gave people the clear reasons why ABNaxcess is skipping Penang in their recent announcement.

I don't blame TM and ABNxcess for avoiding the island due to its bad island wide network infrastructure policies.
SUSstren89
post Mar 28 2014, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(steventan85 @ Mar 27 2014, 09:56 AM)
complain to the HQ... if HQ never response , complain to MCMC . if MCMC never response , pls proceed to Public Complaint Bureau , PM Office
Give them some time for improvements. At least they are a fresh new competitor in the fixed line business besides TM besides and they are bringing cable television to the country.

Malaysia was supposed to have cable TV a long time ago in most major cities. All have been set back by greed, corruption and fast gains. That's why always end up deploying wireless services with high costs relayed to customers.
SUSstren89
post Mar 28 2014, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(RViN @ Mar 28 2014, 05:27 PM)
You quoted me yet did not answer anything I raised, specifically the allegations you have raised a few times before which have proved to be unfounded, so now you ignore them. You didn't have to repeat the whole story about PDC holding the backbone, no one disputed that, see anything about that in what I said?

PDC is a state owned corporation and has been so since its founding in 1971. TM would be the same if it wasn't privatised during Mahathir's time. It doesn't defy logic why its structured this way, for better or worse.

You're derailing the topic by going on and on about this. You've made your point, although it is speculation at this point since ABN themselves haven't said why they don't want to. In either case the reality is they aren't and that makes this whole thing moot.

Let us get back to talking about the service they do or will provide wink.gif
Who says I did not address your allegations and my posts has the answers pertaining to Penang's unique telco infrastructure monopoly.

I've already told you PDC and PDC Telco are 2 different functioning entities with different roles.

You won't get ABNxcess openly telling the public about this. The same would be true also for TM. They don't want to step on PDC Telco's foot to offend them.
SUSstren89
post Apr 16 2014, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(Madd3rz @ Apr 14 2014, 02:32 PM)
But their cs service so lame,maybe they are new and inexperienced.
When you mention CS for Malaysian telco companies I do feel that it has gotten from bad to worst since end of 2013.

At least in my area, Malaysian telco company services CS are getting more rude nowadays, TM, Maxis, Celcom, UMobile.

When you walk in to their centre, when you speak about terminating your account, or enquire about their services, they behave rudely back when the request do not benefit them(no commission, sales or value added advantage to them).

I do feel Malaysian telco companies are going down today if they continue insisting that consumers still want traditional voice and SMS services.

The direction ABNxcess they have in charges and their billing is simple and good for customers.

They only have simple Cable TV and Internet components plus taxes.

Please keep it simple that way.
SUSstren89
post Apr 16 2014, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Apr 16 2014, 11:03 PM)
its Malaysia to begin with. I've been to overseas and their customers service will say thank you to u even if they did a tiny job. here, when i say thank you, they didn't even bother to reply you're welcome.  shakehead.gif
Yeah, been to even our neighbour country's telco centre.

Wow the service they give compared to Malaysia is like day and night.

Imagine when you first enter the office, guard will open the door and greet you.

All their staffs always put on the smile and try their best to serve you.They are always wrong and customer is always right.

Here in Malaysia, I just noticed that even TM phone CS staffs are even scolding you over the phone instead of the customers doing that to them.

UMobile, Maxis and DiGi staffs put on the sulky face and dare challenge their customers all the time.

You don't believe me you come to the telco centres in Ipoh especially the UMobile one at Ipoh Parade.

This is my observation. It has gotten from bad to worse since 2013 until now. It used to be already bad now it's WORST!

Malaysian telco really no hope, maybe the companies here do not even appreciate their staffs anymore that's why they try to relay it back to their customers.

Maybe we should learn from our neighbour telco countries how they attend and serve their customers?

PROJECT FAST by DTAC Thailand

Team building, Cooperation, Peer assistance and Family-like atmosphere among the staffs. They even remember each others birthday. Wow.

Malaysian telco market is already in deep serious condition. It looks like it's collapsing.

All of them are still stucked in the traditional voice/sms text business which they can't grow out of their greedy spoilt mentalities.
SUSstren89
post May 8 2014, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 3 2014, 08:35 PM)
yes still block vpn to my office

i need travel to US every week
Your company VPN must be lousy to use lousy ports.

Most likely you are trying to dial out using PPTP.

Sack your company's IT administrator now!

Else I think you're just trolling others here.
SUSstren89
post May 8 2014, 09:58 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(kamfoo @ May 8 2014, 09:51 PM)
so abnxcess can use vpn or not...?
Off course can la. Most ISPs will allow because you can't block outgoing ports 80, 443 and 8080.

This is not a company line provided for staff use. This is an ISP for public.

Even Maxis, uMobile and Celcom mobile internet with private ip and transparent proxy can, why ABNxcess cannot?

This guy is trolling people..

But the short dynamic ip lease time which users complaining is not a good thing...

If it keeps changing, you will have trouble using smart DNS for accessing Netflix and location specific contents.

The only solution is to use VPN.
SUSstren89
post May 8 2014, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 8 2014, 10:14 PM)
not able to vpn.

mobile data plan
user posted image

abnxcess
user posted image
You can sack your company's IT Dept Manager then or the CIO for being unknowledgable in implementing the company's VPN.

If they good even free public wi-fi hotspot also can connect out to the VPN.

Don't BS that the ISP blocks your HTTPS and HTTP connections. If it does than no point using it because you can't surf any sites at all.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0386sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:14 PM