Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ABNxcess offering 10, 30 and 50 Mbps at RM129.00 &, Malaysia first digital cable TV network (ABNxcess)

views

Ahn3hn3h
post May 15 2013, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

This cable tv provider is another 1Malaysia spinoff which plans to abandon ASTRO for satellite tv in favour of the new cable medium. We know who is the "real boss" behind this 1Malaysia company.

From the video, observe for yourself who are the directors involved with 1Malaysia badges they wore.
Almost of of them are my neh neh's relatives - lots of talking can get very syiok wan. wink.gif

You see they only hire young girls for their sales and marketing icon_idea.gif

Those who have experience with this ABNxcess sister telco company, V Telecoms you'll know that kind of experience you get with their services. The company has very awful international bandwidth and peers with only a miserable Indonesian company.

They can offer 10mbps as the entry package, but as you know cable broadband speeds fluctuate very badly during off peak hours if oversold.If too many people are placed on the same node, you'll be lucky if you get a decent 2mbps speed out of it.

Initially when it's still new and without many subscribers, the service may still be fine but as subscriber grows, the QoS is questionable.

Deployment will concentrate on high rise apartments similar to Time Broadband because they can use the existing MATV coaxial cable within the buildings for FREE.

Ahn3hn3h
post May 16 2013, 03:25 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(paultantk @ May 16 2013, 12:32 AM)
WHAT? ABNxcess is related to V Telecoms???
Just another spinoff and brand refreshing with cable TV thrown in.
If you have watched through the video, you'll know the geng of neh nehs involved in the business and their ties with 1Malaysia Co.

The price is just ridiculous in Malaysia for telco services.

RM109 in Thailand gets you 13mbps broadband with 100+ IPTV channels on a separate set-top box

This is 3BB promo offer:
user posted image

While RM130 gets you 20mbps down for TRUE DOCSIS 3.0 cable internet
user posted image

Full TV channel packages cost another RM35 or so.

3BB Thailand's GPON FTTH is fast expanding now throughout Bangkok Metropolitan and other major cities incd. Chiangmai.

Ahn3hn3h
post May 25 2013, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(chengsiong @ May 25 2013, 11:33 AM)
not a nice upload speed for a FTTH :3
Expect the similar upload speeds for this cable internet in Malaysia and pay 3X more for its 50mbps service.
Ahn3hn3h
post Jun 10 2013, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(wacko @ Jun 9 2013, 12:01 AM)
The best TV experience in Malaysia is always the one beaming wirelessly direct from the sky. Just take a lesson from HyppTV Unifi. Total failure. Just imagine buffering happen when a final kick of word cup penalty shoot out is about to take at score of 4-4....
Cable TV signals are similar to that of satellite except that they are transported over fibre to your housing area and then reconverted back into electrical signals so that they're sent over metallic coaxial cables for termination at customer's premises.

Areas which are already covered with extensive fibre cables such as Klang Valley will stand to benefit a lot from deployment times because they could always rent unlitted fibre strands from companies such as TM, Maxis or TNB for their own use.

QUOTE(aneip @ Jun 9 2013, 10:46 AM)
I don't think it's totally a failure. Looks when problem happen on 4th of june. So many people angry, showing there are people depend on hypptv. Anyway, I think the problem is more on content which lock exclusively by astro. Over the time this will be no more problem. I for 1 considered RM30/month a just a nice amount of money to spend for television. Just need a few more channel. If unifi can get starworld + axn then I will totally move from astro.
If you're a fan of Bollywood and Banghra Music, you'll love their RM30 full tv package!

Their TV channel lineups is sure going to have a nice cult following.

Ahn3hn3h
post Jun 10 2013, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(natzakaria @ Jun 9 2013, 03:42 PM)
They will forever be useless
Most of the areas they're deploying overlaps with Unifi HSBB coverage. It's pointless for them to gain new subscribers and waste of effort in expanding broadband reach to Malaysians.
Ahn3hn3h
post Jun 10 2013, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(jh95 @ Jun 10 2013, 10:11 PM)
My area is under coverage but my maxis fibre contract havent finished
You are an example why they'll not get new customers in areas already served with HSBB. Many are still tied to HSBB subscriptions, so they won't bother paying so many bills.
Ahn3hn3h
post Jun 30 2013, 01:24 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

You can get the IP range used for the their internet service from one of the videos on their Youtube corporate site.

Guess what? When you do a IP lookup on it, the IP used was a leased range from TM themselves. So pretty much I have a impression that this company is actually a spinoff of TM under a different brand name.

A simple reverse traceroute from Softlayer reveals that it travels all the way through TM servers before reaching the IP?

Maybe under the same big boss running the show behind different named companies? laugh.gif
Ahn3hn3h
post Jul 13 2013, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

It seems this company only exist in the news without any real users around.

Their launch areas are mostly already served by the HSBB coverage with so much choices already available to existing users that have access to TM Unifi, Maxis Home Fibre and P1 Fibre.

Many of the users of the HSBB networks are already tied to long contracts for 2 years and TM seems to keep offer promotions to keep their subscriber contracts running nearing expiry.

They are after the wrong markets or just their to pull a PONZI.
Ahn3hn3h
post Jul 13 2013, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jul 13 2013, 06:57 PM)
98.99/month is for how long?

unlimited quota? will throttle speed?
2 years contract. It claims to be fair use policy, no ISP in Malaysia is stupid not to include that in their contract today.

With that even with the worst quality service offer they can always use the excuse of fair use policy and tell customers that their line is subjected to line sharing.

If they oversell it, they'll just tell ranting users that too bad you agreed to fair usage and that's your problem of coping with other users sharing the same line. Don't want? Just pay up your early termination fee or the remaining months.

Crony style of doing business..

This post has been edited by Ahn3hn3h: Jul 13 2013, 07:23 PM
Ahn3hn3h
post Jul 29 2013, 03:00 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(joeboto @ Jul 28 2013, 08:48 PM)
seems like we all stuck in a loop here.

you want to subscribe but no coverage and those who got coverage already in contract with another ISP.
That's the point of foolish telcos who have lousy planners.

They launch HSBB, LTE and cable TV within only a few limited areas which overlap against each other.

Maybe the cronies and VIPs just want to shower themselves with all sorts of choices but they don't know they are doing it at the expense of the public's funds.

Sooner or later all these startups sure go bankrupt!
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 3 2013, 03:49 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(mun88 @ Aug 2 2013, 10:32 PM)
ABN it is use TNB cable ?? so is mean any where can apply ??
They use mainly TNB poles which carry electric cables.

If you watch some TNB poles sometimes there is a thinner wire hanging right below the electrical wires below.
Some of this cables are then connected to a black coloured cylinder every few poles along the road. Those are fibre cables actually.

Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 4 2013, 02:32 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(IsaacVky @ Aug 3 2013, 02:26 PM)
What's the point of launching in outskirts or low income low Internet usage area?
Nobody will subscribe.  Confirm lose money.
They are now overlapping with the same infrastructure. You must understand TM's reputation may not be as good as maxis or p1. People whom dont know will think maxis is running a different thing.

Another good example will be perodua imported nautica from daihatsu japan and rebadged to perodua while toyota assembled rush in local perodua factory. Guess which one sold more?
We are not even talking about outskirt areas here. Areas within Georgetown, Ipoh, Seremban, Malacca and other state capitals are certainly not low income and rural areas. Maybe they are opposition strongholds but they have real strong demand for internet usage!

Why keep feeding areas which are already spoiled with so many choices while denying other urban areas who need them?

Coming from a veteran TM staff who told me this, he said the deployment decisions are actually biased towards areas which have demographics that is of no interests to them. The local word for it is "anak-tirikan" or orphan the others using the excuse of brushing away requests as "no demand" for them to deploy their services.

Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 5 2013, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(IsaacVky @ Aug 4 2013, 10:58 AM)
I'm pretty sure places like subang jaya damansara and most urban places in selangor is not friendly towards BN either.
However that's just half the piece of information you gave there just to moot the whole point up.

Subang Jaya, TTDI, Shah Alam all are home to many prominent VIPs, politicians and even TM directors.
If the planner didn't include them in the initial rollout list, I'm not sure if he/she gets to keep his job after that laugh.gif

Anyway that's not the point about using the excuse of not covering outskirts or outside city limits.

TM KOMTAR exchange was the most important exchange office in the Northern Region of the country during TS Koh's time but not anymore. In fact it was one of the 1st in the whole country to have Streamyx ADSL activated.

Since LGE moved into KOMTAR, Penang has become one of the least covered state for Unifi ever since.
Very limited areas have Unifi and most of it are found only on the mainland with Bayan Baru as exception. Mainland Juru, Prai are covered towards Kedah border and Sungai Petani.

Do a availability check on Unifi site and the results will surprise you. Not a single area around Georgetown and KOMTAR has UNIFI coverage!

Why? Is it because there is NO demand from Penang Island users? NOPE
Mainland users are richer and can afford it? NOPE
Mainland have more need for using it? NOPE

Mainland Penang and Kedah has different demographics? Sure tongue.gif

I don't believe there's no demand for UNIFI around KOMTAR and central Georgetown if you tell me that BS story.
My confirmation of it comes from a TM veteran staff himself and his explanation was very convincing.

How can Sungai Petani has more interest in fibre optics more than Penang Island capital itself? Are you implying that majority of the Penangnites are illiterate than Kedahans? There's so much demand coming from the tourism industry alone, and fibre internet will sell like hot cakes just to hotels there alone.

It's confirmed the HSBB rollout was actually biased towards realizing certain parties need. It was waste of public's fund.
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 7 2013, 02:54 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(nerodante80 @ Aug 6 2013, 07:56 AM)
When did this become a political thread?
Don't you think it's foolish to ignore the heart of Penang Island where KOMTAR is located in your planning and lose the potential of so much $$ and subscribers.

If it's not money motivated then what is? The only possible next thing is politics.

I'm surprised why some people got business also don't want to do but instead target areas where people who don't pay their bills for 5 months still get to use the internet. sweat.gif

Are you serious in doing business? This is clean money for you to make which I'm sure God will also approve.
Ahn3hn3h
post Aug 13 2013, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Crystal2 @ Aug 13 2013, 02:38 PM)
My network (so-called expert) friend told me that new ISP will normally have lots of teething problems and it is advisable not to be early adopters. Also 10 Mbps is just enough for HD TV channels and if the TV& internet are not separated, the internet will be slow when TV is also on simultaneously. According to my friend, Unifi 5 Mbps is dedicated internet and TV has own 10 Mbps. Can any sifus confirm if my friend is talking sense? Thanks.
Your (so called expert) friend of yours was wrong in his understanding of DOCSIS technology.

Cable internet does not share bandwidth with cable TV channels. They operate on different channels simultaneously.
To achieve faster speeds DOCSIS 3.0 uses channel bonding techniques to combine 1 or more channels.

It's like one wide highway with many lanes, each lane delivering a different channel separated by guardbands. With internet they reserve a few of them for data transfers.

The drawback is since the lanes reserved for internet is only limited, when more people starts using the same lanes simultaneously, it gets awfully slow at peak times if they oversell their lines.
Ahn3hn3h
post Sep 3 2013, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(h03tn4d @ Sep 3 2013, 07:03 PM)
i was lucky that my home area subang jaya was one of the few where ABN started putting up their cables. So we got 1 month of free trial and installation.

sadly most of the channels be it promoted as 50chns but 60% of them are international non English channels.

another thing worse is that, unifi solves (modem blowing problem via lightning) but one day i came home, my ABN modem was fried.... the technician came to my house and says that this motorolla modem turns into fries easily... so im not sure how reliable their products are.

so if the modem easily gets damaged. will lead to internet disruption.

just my opinion, but i do hope TM would consider lowering their pricing.
TM has no obligation to do so because they enjoy almost full monopoly in Malaysian fixed line broadband internet market.

With such a small coverage for ABN, you think they'll be moved from their cozy position?
Ahn3hn3h
post Sep 21 2013, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(paultantk @ Sep 21 2013, 01:13 PM)
routes from multiple overseas locations to abn ip address

http://www.super-ping.com/?ping=103.244.163.1&locale=en
Malaysians will only know once their subscribers grow in number and their network expands. Now they're just leasing lines from TM wholesale and reselling them.

We'll have to wait and see if their cable DOCSIS network will be able to handle large number of users in future.
Ahn3hn3h
post Sep 25 2013, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

TM has hidden plans to lower their Unifi rates to par with the ABNxcess RM99 promotion offer should it becomes widely deployed.

ABNxcess success will spur competition for other cow ISPs to budge.

Should it not happen, then TM will be reluctant to adjust their prices due to lack of competition. They are employing a wait and see attitude.

This post has been edited by Ahn3hn3h: Sep 25 2013, 11:04 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0504sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th April 2020 - 03:36 PM