Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Consumer Rights - True Fitness, Signed up membership caused CTOS

views

GameFr3ak
post May 2 2013, 02:24 PM

I hate cutting
Group: Senior Member

Speaking from my own experience for a similar issue with Streamyx.

I'll make it short. I studied in TARC, I subscribed streamyx, after using the line for a year, I decided to move. The new place doesn't have streamyx port availability yet, need to wait for a year or so until they build new exchange with more ports.

Silly and naive me moved out to the new place, and did not terminate my streamyx. I thought since I'll need to have them move my address to the new one might as well do it when the ports are available.

So thinking that after 2 months of nonpayment, they'll block my account and stop billing me. Yeah, this is what they didn't do. I was billed for around 9 months. The bill racked up to RM800 or so.

So when the port is available (after 9 months or so), I'm shocked that I was billed for RM800. I panicked (as I'm still a student), I ignored the letters and stuff. Ended up using my housemate's name for the new streamyx line.

So ever since then, I've always receive rude calls from debt collecting agents. Even though I explained the situation to them and asked them to check the system for my usage (they can) and it's obvious that I'm not using it. I received the same response like you did, that the agent is only tasked for collecting debt, not to support me.

After 3 years or so, I feddup already. Decided to file a complain to the consumer afair. Within a week or so, they waived my bill and no more calls since.

This post has been edited by GameFr3ak: May 2 2013, 02:25 PM
GameFr3ak
post May 2 2013, 11:04 PM

I hate cutting
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(jbanya @ May 2 2013, 10:14 PM)
Can you please teach me on the step by step for complain on consumer afair?
I didn't ignored, in fact, I call to consultant (but he resigned asked me call to branch); I then call to the outlet, and the manager told me I cannot terminate. I told him that "you are the one who said ok and now you said cannot?"  (have a very unhappy discussion and argument from then I didn't call him);
I got write in email said their service bad and rude and I want to terminate my membership and then provide them my ID no and also my account no (I forgot where is the document since this happen 2007). BUT, they didnt take any action, nobody reply me, nobody talk to me... The credit control who call me is direct under TF, not debts collector, as the girl did email me with truefitness email address (but the girl also resigned alrd).

I got keep the last email conversation (account been hacked and all info and contacts gone but luckily they can still contact me with that account and I hv changed password).

Anyway, I am waiting for Mr Lim's letter and I really need your help on this matter...
MY fiance going to send me document for K1 visa, I may hv problem to get approval if CTOS still there (and I am not going to pay is not bcoz I dont hv money, but I wont tolerant scammer's tactic in business!)
If I compromise, means I am encouraging them to continue to do the same. I willing to pay higher legal fees than put up my white flag to scammer.
QUOTE(jbanya @ May 2 2013, 10:28 PM)
Between, do you signed any contract? and did they lawsuit you till CTOS?
Sorry, I actually complained to SKMM. You could try NATIONAL CONSUMER COMPLAINTS CENTRE (NCCC).

I did signed a contract but that was when I subscribed for streamyx. The contract was voided after 1 year. And no, they did not went to the extend of having CTOS. But they did sent multiple lawyer letters though.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0696sec    1.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 03:24 AM