Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Consumer Rights - True Fitness, Signed up membership caused CTOS

views

jack~daniel
post May 3 2013, 08:23 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(chiahau @ May 1 2013, 02:32 AM)
Speaking from a legal background ( Personal opinion, professional opinion, please refer to a lawyer that specialize in such cases )

The issue here is you did not terminate the contract with something tangible, such as letter or email or something, even though the agent told you, you could do so anytime you want. Furthermore, the contract they asked you to sign is legally binding, and if you signed it willingly, whatever stated on the contract might be upheld by the court of law. Regardless, you may argue that the contract was not as promised and you reserve the right to challenge it.

2nd issue is, since there's no termination, you are considered as "an active member" of the gym and is subjected to the annual fees stated by the agreement.

Even if you pay them the outstanding amount, CTOS will remain there. I guess, this is the darker side of the credit rating system in Malaysia.

Best alternative is to fight the case through court and trying to overturn your case so that CTOS can be removed from your history of credit ratings. Thou IIRC, CTOS can't be eliminated by any normal means, it would stay on as a dark stain in your credit history....
I guess once u sign up, you cant terminate u membership, and i was told the same thing my all T.F staff, if im not mistakes, they stated in their contract...but you can transfer it to somebody...all the finess center do the same business model
TSjbanya
post May 22 2013, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Ok, latest update!
I able to contacted Pusat Khidmat Aduan Pengguna Nasional (National Consumer Complaints Centre - NCCC) and they finally replied.. imagine for the past few years they ignored my complaints email from "operations@truefitness.com.my".

The letter from NCCC to True Fitness on 14th May, 2013
http://prntscr.com/2uf8l7

I made my complaint with the same email address too... and... guest what... LMAO, they replied!!!
http://prntscr.com/164dr7

This showing that they INTENTIONALLY IGNORE our complaints, and continue to charge!!

Read back my msg and statements to NCCC, I feel proud on myself tongue.gif cool2.gif cool2.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

1) The staff that represents True Fitness given fault info on the membership can terminate anytime as long as I inform my consultant. (Denied everything the moment I call, where is the right to redress?)
2) The staff that represents True Fitness agreed on my membership is monthly renewal basis although the agreement is for 2 years contract. (Mislead consumer, where is the right to be informed?)
3) The staff that represents True Fitness, who calls for payment, doesn’t have intention to attend my complaint and only know to push responsible. (Where is the right to be heard?)
4) I never use their facilities and yet, they asked me to settle RM1956.15, and caused me in CTOS. (Where is the right to safety?)

So may I know, am I force to pay them even though I did not enjoy any of the services they provide, with the CTOS that they caused me?

SO, PLEASE STAND FIRM ON YOUR RIGHT!! IF YOU ARE RIGHT, FIGHT FOR IT!!

This post has been edited by jbanya: Feb 21 2014, 03:14 PM
KOHTT
post May 23 2013, 12:11 AM

Regular

.Just recent bump into one of former TF member, who also complaint about the payment issues.

Can't understand the true fitness management mentality...these are very short term benefit but will damage their market reputation in the long run.

Heard a lot of members already cabut....
TSjbanya
post May 23 2013, 06:00 PM

Getting Started

Ok, today True Fitness contacted me via phone, not EMAIL tongue.gif (HAPPY) rclxms.gif

The manager, Aisyah very polite and helpful, she said I only need to pay the legal and CTOS Fee amounting RM 346.68 then she will help me to withdraw abort CTOS and terminate my membership.

I done my CIMB Clicks and printscreen my receipts with reference number to her. Finally, I can draw a FULLSTOP in this post!

This post will keep here, so those who had the same story as me, you know who to find (must provide full details, info and facts)

File your complaints here, not only for True Fitness, is everything that you feel you have the right to appeal.
http://www.nccc.org.my/v2/index.php/e-aduan

HAPPY ENDING! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jbanya: May 23 2013, 06:01 PM
chiahau
post May 23 2013, 07:21 PM

Fatthau StalKer
Group: All Stars

QUOTE(jbanya @ May 23 2013, 06:00 PM)
Ok, today True Fitness contacted me via phone, not EMAIL  tongue.gif  (HAPPY)  rclxms.gif

The manager, Aisyah very polite and helpful, she said I only need to pay  the legal and CTOS Fee amounting RM 346.68 then she will help me to withdraw abort CTOS and terminate my membership.

I done my CIMB Clicks and printscreen my receipts with reference number to her. Finally, I can draw a FULLSTOP in this post!

This post will keep here, so those who had the same story as me, you know who to find (must provide full details, info and facts)

File your complaints here, not only for True Fitness, is everything that you feel you have the right to appeal.

HAPPY ENDING!  biggrin.gif
Just in case, head to Bank Negara to check your CTOS status.

I'm not sure CTOS could be withdrawn without a proper court order.

But overall, I am glad that your case is solved biggrin.gif
KOHTT
post May 24 2013, 12:23 AM

Regular

QUOTE(jbanya @ May 23 2013, 06:00 PM)
Ok, today True Fitness contacted me via phone, not EMAIL  tongue.gif  (HAPPY)  rclxms.gif

The manager, Aisyah very polite and helpful, she said I only need to pay  the legal and CTOS Fee amounting RM 346.68 then she will help me to withdraw abort CTOS and terminate my membership.

HAPPY ENDING!  biggrin.gif
Well done. thumbup.gif
cekeletbest
post May 9 2014, 06:24 AM

tq for sharing this...
my contract end with them 2months ago.but i just knew they renew my membership eventhough i did asked their staf before i leave thing bout my payment such as 'when is my last payment date...and should i pay anything after that?..' surely i don't wanna hv anything to do with them anymore but still their scam will never end.
when i called hartamas TF yesterday,two unfriendly and rude girl keep saying its all in my contract and i should ask my consultant matthew. (which i believe no longer working with them.)its weird if they renew my contract automatically or not why dont they inform me to collect new card or something.she couldn't answer that.and just saying it's all in contract.so pointless and i just want to settle this matter asap.

I did not use my cc back then,just pay monthly using cash or debit..
thanks again for sharing.atleast i know what i should do if the problem can't be resolve with their management.

acbc
post May 9 2014, 06:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(chiahau @ May 23 2013, 07:21 PM)
Just in case, head to Bank Negara to check your CTOS status.

I'm not sure CTOS could be withdrawn without a proper court order.

But overall, I am glad that your case is solved biggrin.gif
I think it is possible.

Some years back while applying for CC, HLB told me I'm on CTOS due to non-payment of hire purchase goods from Singer Malaysia. Like hell?!?!

Went to Singer personally to investigate and found out someone used my name and IC to apply for HP. Signature and address not even mine. The moron (former staff of Singer bought a 46" TV under HP defaulted after 3 months of payment). Told the manager of Singer to sort this out within 7 days or I will sue them (made a call to a friend pretending he's a lawyer stating both names of company and the manager) and publish this issue in the local media and FB. He asked for some time to investigate (I guess he's afraid of being sued). Since already close to Hari Raya, I gave him 2 weeks tops.

After 2 weeks, received letter from Singer stating I'm not their client and name already removed from CTOS. Kept the letter since. thumbup.gif

If I ever find the moron who did this to me, will hunt and bury him in sewage pond near my office. He thinks can get away with it. Or will hang him upside down with a forklift till he confess all his wrongdoings. mad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by acbc: May 9 2014, 06:50 AM
TSjbanya
post Apr 23 2015, 06:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cekeletbest @ May 9 2014, 06:24 AM)
tq for sharing this...
my contract end with them 2months ago.but i just knew they renew my membership eventhough i did asked their staf before i leave thing bout my payment such as 'when is my last payment date...and should i pay anything after that?..' surely i don't wanna hv anything to do with them anymore but still their scam will never end.
when i called hartamas TF yesterday,two unfriendly and rude girl keep saying its all in my contract and i should ask my consultant matthew. (which i believe no longer working with them.)its weird if they renew  my contract automatically or not why dont they inform me to collect new card or something.she couldn't answer that.and just saying it's all in contract.so pointless and i just want to settle this matter asap.

I did not use my cc back then,just pay monthly using cash or debit..
thanks again for sharing.atleast i know what i should do if the problem can't be resolve with their management.
sorry, been really busy didn't log in to check this post. Is everything settled? Hope your complaint to TF successful and you able to withdraw your membership with no cost.

TSjbanya
post Apr 23 2015, 06:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(acbc @ May 9 2014, 06:46 AM)
I think it is possible.

Some years back while applying for CC, HLB told me I'm on CTOS due to non-payment of hire purchase goods from Singer Malaysia. Like hell?!?!

Went to Singer personally to investigate and found out someone used my name and IC to apply for HP. Signature and address not even mine. The moron (former staff of Singer bought a 46" TV under HP defaulted after 3 months of payment). Told the manager of Singer to sort this out within 7 days or I will sue them (made a call to a friend pretending he's a lawyer stating both names of company and the manager) and publish this issue in the local media and FB. He asked for some time to investigate (I guess he's afraid of being sued). Since already close to Hari Raya, I gave him 2 weeks tops.

After 2 weeks, received letter from Singer stating I'm not their client and name already removed from CTOS. Kept the letter since. thumbup.gif

If I ever find the moron who did this to me, will hunt and bury him in sewage pond near my office. He thinks can get away with it. Or will hang him upside down with a forklift till he confess all his wrongdoings. mad.gif  vmad.gif
yeah my CTOS removed within 7 days! I'm impressed how effective they can actually be!

Aurora Boreali
post Jun 10 2017, 12:52 PM

Casual

So TF put up just sprung their close-down on the website without giving ANY prior notice to members. I was even there 2 days ago! How can we take action against TF now? Would complaining to the consumer tribunal work?

True Fitness Announcement

ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Members,

It is with deep regret that we announce the closure of our operations in Malaysia. All True Fitness and True Spa centres in Malaysia will cease operations on 10 June 2017.

Thanks to members like yourselves, we’ve been able to build a strong community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about wellness and health, and we value the support you’ve shown us. However, the past few years have proved challenging, and unfortunately the businesses are no longer financially viable due to evolving market conditions.

We know many of you will be concerned about finding another fitness centre and have been working to find alternatives for you to continue your membership months and personal training sessions. Arrangements have been made with Chi Fitness for you to continue with your fitness regime with them.

True Fitness members in Malaysia will have access to all Chi clubs except those located in Bangsar, Bangsar South (Nexus) and the Northern Clubs. Under the arrangement, True Fitness has purchased memberships for members to redeem and personal training sessions to be utilised at Chi Fitness. Redemptions can be completed online. We will be sharing further details on the mechanics for redemption at a later date. More details of this fitness provider can be found on their official website at chi-fitness.com.

The validity of these redemptions for membership months and personal training will be for 24 months from 3 July 2017 or until all membership months and personal training sessions have been utilised. We are unable to refund in cash the unused portions of your membership months or personal training sessions.

All terms of redemptions have been set by True Fitness Malaysia. We regret that Chi Fitness will not be able to facilitate service redemption queries. If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, please contact our customer service at malaysia@truefitness.com.sg. Our customer service representatives will not be present at Chi Fitness.

As for True Spa, we are looking for a reputable service provider to service your un-utilised sessions. We will be getting in touch with our affected members when we have more details.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused as a result of the closure of the clubs and would like to thank you for your past support.

The Management of True Fitness & True Spa, Malaysia

9 June 2017
lingleeyen
post Jun 10 2017, 02:06 PM

Regular

That is why ghetto gym FTW. No ac no spa no sauna no bath no magazines no dvd no soft drinks. You arw there to work not holiday.
janson_kaniaz
post Jun 10 2017, 02:41 PM

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Jun 10 2017, 02:06 PM)
That is why ghetto gym FTW. No ac no spa no sauna no bath no magazines no dvd no soft drinks. You arw there to work not holiday.
bro, which ghetto gym has best machines? dealing with injury now so i rely heavily on machines.
lingleeyen
post Jun 10 2017, 05:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(janson_kaniaz @ Jun 10 2017, 02:41 PM)
bro, which ghetto gym has best machines? dealing with injury now so i rely heavily on machines.
Sorry bro, I can't help on that. I am kind of stuck in free weight still. I rarely goes with machines. As long as the gym has a squat rack, plates down to 2.5kg, a real bar, dumbbells more than 30kg, and a bench station which suits my short hands, I am happy. I am a simple man. Machines I only use cable machines, hams curl, pull down machine. If they don't have pull up stations, I do it with whatever that hangs me.
jangsl
post Jun 19 2017, 09:47 AM

Getting Started

To members of the public who are affected by the closing down of True Fitness (TF) without notice, if you would like to seek possible legal recourse against TF, kindly provide us with the following details by email to tflawmalaysia@gmail.com:

Name:
NRIC:
Membership Number:
Membership type:
Sum Paid:
H/P:
Email:

Do scan a copy of the membership agreement/any forms signed with TF/given by TF.
jangsl
post Jun 19 2017, 09:48 AM

Getting Started

For employees -
To the employees of True Fitness (TF) who are affected by the closing down of TF without notice, if you would like to seek possible legal recourse against TF, kindly provide us with the following details by email to tflawmalaysia@gmail.com:

Name:
NRIC:
Date of employment:
Position:
Salary/pay:
Sum owed:
Particulars of sum owed:
H/P:
Email:

Do scan a copy of the employment contract/any forms signed with TF/given by TF.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0771sec    2.03    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 12:00 AM