Sony Xperia Z & Xperia ZL offcial thread V6, jellybean 4.2 coming

views

Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 10:00 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(refnulf @ Apr 28 2013, 02:17 AM)
S4 out already? How is it compared to XZ?
Everywhere, below is my first impression of S4 Exynos No LTE Edition:
user posted image

The not smooth cut frame issue happen at SIII also happen at S4. Not really satisfied.

But S4 AMOLED screen is among the best I ever seen. The default and professional color profile both nice.

Weight is crazy light, overall build quality is much better than SIII.

Air view is cool but not really useful. Video auto stop is working as it suppose. Page flipping using sensor is gimmick, it just not smooth and slow.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 28 2013, 10:05 AM
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 01:33 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(refnulf @ Apr 28 2013, 10:42 AM)
Thanks guys, sounds like nothing to scream about from Samsung (along with their ugly design once again).

Is the AMOLED over saturated in any way? Not too big a fan of their human enhancements, couldn't care less for air view, and video auto stop smile.gif

But looks like a decent upgrade!
It still saturate but better color reproduction, when you switch to Professional Color mode, it was seems accuracy in color, nothing much to complain, I love the Professional Color mode in S4. It was solid nice.

And yup, I don't feel wow when playing with S4, especially you own before S III or Note II.
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 01:39 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Apr 28 2013, 12:12 PM)
What do you mean by this : The not smooth cut frame issue happen

I find the UI and apps drawer extremely smooth, equally good as HTC One
But you need to factory reset the phone first before really testing it

It not smooth, I play 3 units yesterday, one at Celcom, one at DiGi and lastly at Samsung center.

The UI still got like frame missing not constant at 60fps. It still obvious when you play few times pinch to zoom at launcher, app drawer - widget, I feel sad as S4 basically quite similar in smoothness compare with S III. The phone perform fast, open everything is crazy fast but not buttery smooth, this part even obvious than S III where you seen cutting frame when opening the apps, it open instant but animation is not smooth at all.

Actually Xperia Z also not really smooth, it also got slightly cutting frame when opening Phone and also when you back to home from last page in launcher.

I cannot comment in HTC One yet as I haven't got chances touching on it yet.

I don't play factory reset, you know why? Factory back to nearly no extra apps, your phone not gonna be factory default after buy. Also demo set just came and it haven't load with any extra apps, I don't see really need any factory reset for temporary smoothness - I don't see point here.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 28 2013, 01:46 PM
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 01:47 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(Neo|ofGeo @ Apr 28 2013, 01:45 PM)
What?
my xperia go perform wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than my xperia z but why because i tinker with it.
Android suffer this kinda problem bro doesn't matter how smooth is stock is they will never beat a custom rom but  i actually like Xperia Z stock because it function as minimize at the same time still keep all the features in rich if you ever needed it.

do a factory reset after an update is a good way to ensure your stock perform as best as stock could have possibly perform.
I comment at S4 la, bro, not Xperia Z, my Z already factory reset as no choice due to the stamina mode not working.
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 01:51 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Apr 28 2013, 01:45 PM)
I always factory reset a new phone
the S4 keyboard slight stutter in browser n slight jerky in app drawer. After reset these issues gone away completely
I didn't test on keyboard and browser yet. I only test basic things like pinch to zoom, opening apps and etc, actually I testing all part not smooth in S III to see how it perform at S4, not really big different for me.

My sister with me, she also said the animation was not smooth, the phone crazy fast but not constant in smooth animation. I am picky on smooth animation, so slightly I also immediate notice.

But beside all this small issue, S4 was a better choice than S III if you want Galaxy phone, everything was much build better than S III.

Oh ya, I am surprise Samsung don't have any movie to bundle already mei? The stock video was same video that came with Samsung Omnia II but in better high quality.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 28 2013, 01:52 PM
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 01:52 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(Neo|ofGeo @ Apr 28 2013, 01:48 PM)
speaking of Samsung S4,

work at Maxis launch yesterday at SPCC.
Have to say S4 just need different feel of touch to it to make it very premier feel into it.
i don't like the back touch,well not far different from Zl but from the pricepoint? hell yeah i am going to complain for Non LTE Samsung Galaxy S4 for RM2199 compare to RM17XX+/- Xperia ZL
Yalo, everywhere was selling non LTE edition, I ask Samsung shop, the seller a bit speechless not sure how to reply. haha!
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 01:57 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(Neo|ofGeo @ Apr 28 2013, 01:54 PM)
Talked quite abit from various of the maxis staff there and most of they say ''LTE will come soon''
but all of them don't know what to answer what's the price for LTE version since obviously the early user will have something to rant for if same price as their unit(Non LTE)
Ya, none can reply me on that part also.
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 03:17 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

Finally, I am running Deodexed ROM by niaboc79 - eXistenZ [Black Edition]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2251512

Loving it so much! biggrin.gif The only changes I did is back to black statusbar + navigation bar + center clock. smile.gif
Also, return back PureXAudio mod. smile.gif

What you need to do after install this custom ROM from stock:
  • I didn't factory reset as mention by OP, it work fine for me. Actually all the while I only do factory reset if phone abnormal behavior / slow.
  • Root again, as root is gone, so you need to re-root, suggest using Bin4ry method as it had better integration, less step and much straight forward.
  • If you love PureXAudio mod by ZeroInfinity, you need to re-install. smile.gif
  • The status bar and navigation bar is grey now, you can install my extract copy to restore back to black. Two version available, Center Clock and standard Right Side Clock.
  • CWM or TWKP is gone, you need to re-install as well.
  • Check your brightness level, as mine has been reset to 100% with Adapt to lightning conditions tick.
What is change/added in eXistenZ [Black Edition] ROM:
  • Deodexed ROM. More freedom on customization.
  • Proper themes of Dark Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Calendar, Email & Task Switcher.
  • Black outline in App Drawer square box.
  • Add-on Sony Torch app.
  • Locked screen rotation.
  • 36 DPI Navigation Bar (Stock is 48 DPI).
  • 10 toggles from DoCoMo Xperia Z bundle.
  • White Balance from DoCoMo Xperia Z bundle.
  • S-Force Front Surround 3D from Xperia Z tablet bundle, mod by ZeroInfinity.
  • Call recording support.
  • Speed Dial support.
  • CPU Control support.
Overall well recommended, fast and stable, and black was nicer than white. smile.gif

Screenshot:
user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 28 2013, 03:20 PM
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 04:07 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(philip42 @ Apr 28 2013, 03:53 PM)
how about the romaur? heard that it has battery life improve?

No idea, didn't try as I don't like 18 toggles in AOSP statusbar style. smile.gif
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 04:22 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(Neo|ofGeo @ Apr 28 2013, 04:16 PM)
We might LOL since i can roam the place around since there's....well the people that coming in is less then expected,if you see the light snack area,the food is so much yet the popular one is the sweets or the sandwich.
Not busy at all and one of the customer explained he goes to the maxis center earlier morning and only 9 out 600 unit was sold.
I located at Johor Bahru, yesterday is Saturday, complex is pack, but the person go check out S4 is not as pack as last time S III. Celcom & DiGi only have one demo unit, and I not even need to Q for tryout. As for Samsung Center, I think it got 2 or 4 units, probably only need to wait 1 to 2 mins before your turn to try out. The wow! is not as crazy as last time S III launching already.
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 07:22 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 28 2013, 06:47 PM)
this is really an awesome rom.. wana try it but based on the instruction, we will ned to do a factory reset.. that something i hate to do, lazy to reinstall everything.. huhu.. btw say if i applied this rom, the i do restore from twrp, will it still retain this rom or it will go back to when i created the recovery backup?
I never hard reset, as I mention in my post. I don't feel a need to hard reset. It run flawlessly without issue, never slower than stock also. It just run perfectly without need of hard reset.

Since my 1st Android phone - Google Nexus One, I never hard reset unless needed, all the while it serve me good.

Dev always ask for hard reset because this is the most better way reduce to minimum issue, but it not a must to hard reset if the ROM you install just change on theming. Hard reset is a must if you jump from different base ROM, example stock to AOKP/AOSKP/CM, others wise not really required to hard reset every time flashing a same ROM but only mod on graphics.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 28 2013, 07:54 PM
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2013, 09:49 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

My SDcard speed test. smile.gif

user posted image

Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 01:02 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

Just tryout Sony origin MyXperia app add back in eXistenZ ROM which can locate, alert, locked and erase the Xperia Z phone.

I test out only the locate and locked, both work as it suppose. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 29 2013, 01:33 AM
Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 01:05 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(limkoksoon @ Apr 29 2013, 12:59 AM)
Bro, do u have any issue with baseband after flashing custom rom? I had issue with baseband. I lost baseband after I flash custom.

wipe all b4 I flash. Should I just flash ahead without wiping? Been flashing roms since android exist. Dunno what really I did wrong. Please help.

even tried flashing baseband only using flash tools, but after flashing, reboot and back to total stock.
No issue with Baseband and you cannot wipe if your bootloader is locked. You can only factory reset after flash and boot in if you prefer startup from fresh.
Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 03:39 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 29 2013, 03:26 AM)
bro, the dualshock3 setting also from the rom or u instslled separate mod for that?
From the ROM also. smile.gif
Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 10:35 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 29 2013, 10:20 AM)
myb will try this rom later. btw did u do titanium backup for app and data ? currently im using apex launcher with few custom widget, it wont be gone after i flash to this rom unless i do factory reset right?
so in order to do this for a locked bootloader, i just need to download the rom, theb flash it with twrp, then reroot, reinstall twrp, purexaudio,etc right? this rom wont lose bravia engine right?
I got titanium incase something went wrong.

The rest your question answer is yes. tongue.gif

Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 02:35 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 29 2013, 01:13 PM)
Actually what is the different backup with titanium and backup in twrp recovery?

Andrewst

im preparing to flash to this rom, surprised the rom file is damn huge 700++mb sweat.gif currently waiting for titanium backup finish doin app and system data backup.

so b4 i flash to this rom, i wana ask few questions first.

1)is there any known issue with it?
The only issue I find is the NFC icon not appear at status bar when on, but this can simply fixed using method here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...12&postcount=83
2)all stock app should work fine right like trackid etc.
All working perfectly.
3)since i already on .434 stock rom, i just skipped the installing step to flash the rom using twrp right.
Yup, direct flash this custom ROM.
4)in case i screw up, how to save my phone? i also already did a recovery backup via twrp.
Restore from TWRP is working I believe, I not sure this, and never try for locked bootloader before. Another way is using Flash Tools flash to stock factory. I don't think you can mess up anything, it was quite straight forward and no issue for me.

tq
icon_rolleyes.gif  notworthy.gif
I prefer titanium as titanium can pick what apps you going to restore. TWRP recovery backup is backup whole ROM.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 29 2013, 02:37 PM
Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 03:23 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 29 2013, 03:20 PM)
thanks for the reply bro, about to flash the rom now  tongue.gif  rclxms.gif

i final question regarding flashing via recovering, can i mount the black status bar.zip + purexaudio together with xpensez rom or should i do it separately?

btw ur attached black status bar(right clock) is using which dpi for the softkey? i like 36dpi  laugh.gif

I think shall be no issue do together. If worried and safety, just do it separately.

Mine is 36dpi, I only like 36dpi which is not too small as well not over big. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 29 2013, 03:23 PM
Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 03:30 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 29 2013, 03:25 PM)
ok noted, here it goes  biggrin.gif the first custom rom for my xperia z  rclxms.gif
Congratulate. smile.gif
Andrewtst
post Apr 29 2013, 03:37 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(uzary @ Apr 29 2013, 03:32 PM)
btw what is the purpose of wipe dalvik cache? i read on purexaudio thread, the op stated taht must always wipe dalvik cache after installing. since the first version till v12, never once i clear/wipe dalvik cache. i wonder is it a must? hmm.gif
Wipe dalvik cache sometimes can solved abnormal behavior of your phone.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7541281...nd-dalvik-cache

21 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0349sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 AM