Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grant thorton vs Baker tilly, which one is better?

views

teraformz
post Jun 15 2013, 04:42 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(whitesabre @ Jun 15 2013, 04:37 PM)
You're talking about GT Penang or KL? I'm from GT Penang last time, not KL. Secondly, they are ALL CHINESE, no Malays or Indians in GT Penang. PURE CHINESE. Thirdly, there's no racism or anything like English speaking or chinese speaking. It's just politics. It's like DAP vs MCA, chinese vs chinese. And there are managers u nid to handle, all with different requirements and different types of pressure. Some will call you at 6pm when you're on field audit, calling you to come back and clear the reviews. Imagine you expect to be out till 9pm on field, still need to rush back settle. Worst of all, date of report 2-3 months away. Staff welfare sucks in Penang GT. No idea about GT KL, but GT Penang is horrible. ^^
Hi I was called for an interview fr GT kl , should I go for it?? Can u tell me more abt why it's not good ?? As in is the culture there good or bad n the ppl there friendly or not??
SUSwhitesabre
post Jun 15 2013, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

The welfare sucks to the point that even office biscuits also we havta pay for it. RM5 for juniors, seniors RM10, managers 20 and partner 50. But i've NEVER seen managers or partner's name on the record book for contribution. Even our annual dinner is supported through this fund collected from staff. Haha
SUSwhitesabre
post Jun 15 2013, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 15 2013, 05:42 PM)
Hi I was called for an interview fr GT kl , should I go for it?? Can u tell me more abt why it's not good ?? As in is the culture there good or bad n the ppl there friendly or not??
Sorry you're talking abt GT KL. I wont say anything. No experience there. What I heard are rumors so I'll keep to myself. ^^. Might get sued for speculating. ^^
SUSwhitesabre
post Jun 15 2013, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

I would like to state something here regarding my views. Everything I've stated up to now and for future, is from my first-hand personal experiences and from my ex-fellow junior colleagues. Whatever I have told, depicts only our situation. You may not suffer as much as we do if you join. There are some who works there happily. I'm not saying there isn't. It's how u mingle with them. One thing though, although it's same all audit firms will squeeze their staff, it depends how much they squeeze only. If squeeze u dry till ur health is at risk, then there's no worth in workig there.

To whoever joining them, you can go experience yourself. Penang GT alot girls anyway. Ratio between guys and girls are 1:8.
SUSwhitesabre
post Jun 15 2013, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 15 2013, 05:42 PM)
You're fresh grad? Lemme tell u something. In working world, no matter where, there's no friendly people if your EQ is freaking low. Get mingled around and you'll find them nice. If you have a big office, there sure are some gossips. I've seens 2 seniors very close to each other talking and laughing. A and B for instance. When you put B and C together, they'll gossip about A. Haha this is working life. Will you be friendly to people who will potentially affect your promotion? We're talking about pay cheque increasing by RM300-400 per mth against the loser getting nothing. Still friend?? Haha culture wise, everywhere also got rotten culture eh la unless you're the boss. Hoho
teraformz
post Jun 15 2013, 05:08 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(whitesabre @ Jun 15 2013, 05:02 PM)
You're fresh grad? Lemme tell u something. In working world, no matter where, there's no friendly people if your EQ is freaking low. Get mingled around and you'll find them nice. If you have a big office, there sure are some gossips. I've seens 2 seniors very close to each other talking and laughing. A and B for instance. When you put B and C together, they'll gossip about A. Haha this is working life. Will you be friendly to people who will potentially affect your promotion? We're talking about pay cheque increasing by RM300-400 per mth against the loser getting nothing. Still friend?? Haha culture wise, everywhere also got rotten culture eh la unless you're the boss. Hoho
I've also heard rumors too I just need to clarify so I won't end up resigning before a year and wasting my time there, if all is as was said here then I don't want to have a bad experience in my first job the effects will be devastating for me lol.
SUSwhitesabre
post Jun 15 2013, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 15 2013, 06:08 PM)
I've also heard rumors too I just need to clarify so I won't end up resigning before a year and wasting my time there, if all is as was said here then I don't want to have a bad experience in my first job the effects will be devastating for me lol.
It depends on how you see it. I've never regretted joining them though. I can tell you something. I quitted a few mths after super peak. If you can go through the super peak period and then leave, no matter what effects, i'll say it's positive. Hardship first, then evythg in future seems very easy to handle. If you take the easy way out, you'll never see hard things. Then your life will really be wasted. With what i've said, you can be prepared for the worst, but do your best. Strive pass the super peak from January-March then leave. You'll come out a true man.

Like people used to say, whoever has seen hell, will be stronger than those with no idea how hell looks like. ^^ then in future, whatever rock someone throws at you, you can make gold out of it. Look at the bright side. I won't say GT is all bad. At least I came out very strong, well liked by my current superiors for work efficiency and effectiveness. ^^
teraformz
post Jun 15 2013, 05:18 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(whitesabre @ Jun 15 2013, 05:15 PM)
It depends on how you see it. I've never regretted joining them though. I can tell you something. I quitted a few mths after super peak. If you can go through the super peak period and then leave, no matter what effects, i'll say it's positive. Hardship first, then evythg in future seems very easy to handle. If you take the easy way out, you'll never see hard things. Then your life will really be wasted. With what i've said, you can be prepared for the worst, but do your best. Strive pass the super peak from January-March then leave. You'll come out a true man.

Like people used to say, whoever has seen hell, will be stronger than those with no idea how hell looks like. ^^ then in future, whatever rock someone throws at you, you can make gold out of it. Look at the bright side. I won't say GT is all bad. At least I came out very strong, well liked by my current superiors for work efficiency and effectiveness. ^^
I've heard lots of ppl resign fr that side coz of the differences
SUSwhitesabre
post Jun 15 2013, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 15 2013, 06:18 PM)
I've heard lots of ppl resign fr that side coz of the differences
Of course resign. Stay so long do what. 6 months actually enough oredi. Because to be a Certified Accountant one of the requirement is at least 6 months and above in a company. If you jump when u're below 6 months, MIA wont recognise it. So to them, you hav no working experience. Anyway just join la. Pass nxt March, 9 months, then leave. ^^ Add oil!!!
MaxReddevil
post Jun 15 2013, 05:32 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

Great advice whitesaber, if you cant get into big4 now, just join GT for the experience no harm. After that try to hop over to big4.
teraformz
post Jun 15 2013, 05:38 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(MaxReddevil @ Jun 15 2013, 05:32 PM)
Great advice whitesaber, if you cant get into big4 now, just join GT for the experience no harm. After that try to hop over to big4.
Got offer from big four but I heard gt good coz they got awards for being a good company but after hearing wat goes on inside I am scared
MaxReddevil
post Jun 15 2013, 05:49 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

As mentioned by whitesabre, award is for the international one. Honestly, if you want to progress faster in your career join big4. Not sure how many people but in GT there are some who remained as a junior for 2 years.
wen lan
post Jun 15 2013, 08:42 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(pej1990 @ Jun 15 2013, 03:11 PM)
Ive got a friend who just joined gt just joined only . He tells me they give him dinner at six . Food like mee hoon n nasi lemak is given as dinner. Got free makan some more how is that not taking care of the staff??
Hi pej1990, I think I can give u clearer pic if u enquiring more on GT KL rather than GT Penang. Yes admin provide light dinner, its one of the nice thing, but that being said, you join a company for career growth, not to get free light dinner.

There are good and bad points, so to keep it short, I'll say this:

If you're expecting GT to be half of something like big4, if you focus on climbing the corporate ladder fast, or atleast steadily, then I'd say GT might not be suitable UNLESS you're lucky and join correct timing.
But if you like friendly environment and colleagues, working like a family, then ya the people here(also depends on your luck which group or which type of colleagues) are quite nice.

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 15 2013, 04:42 PM)
If you got free time and don't need to waste any annual leave, its always no loss to attend any interview, be it learn more about the company or build up ur interview skills.
Culture is good, but (depends on luck) the lack of opportunity might frustrate certain group of people.

QUOTE(MaxReddevil @ Jun 15 2013, 05:49 PM)
As mentioned by whitesabre, award is for the international one. Honestly, if you want to progress faster in your career join big4. Not sure how many people but in GT there are some who remained as a junior for 2 years.
Average time before u progress from Junior to Associate is around 1 year(minimum and if you're lucky) to 2 years(either u bad performance, or u unlucky cuz no space to promote u upwards when not many above you resign)
winnie619
post Jun 19 2013, 09:32 PM

Casual
445 posts

wow! lots stories! it seems not a good place to work..
still thinking of apply this firm..
herm.. now i gonna think twice..

Winnie2011
post Jun 20 2013, 08:40 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 15 2013, 04:42 PM)
I think work in GT KL is just like a heaven, coz i saw auditor sleep in client place during normal office hour.
teraformz
post Jun 21 2013, 11:54 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(Winnie2011 @ Jun 20 2013, 08:40 AM)
I think work in GT KL is just like a heaven, coz i saw auditor sleep in client place during normal office hour.
Hahah biggrin.gif he too tired so he sleep la nothing wrong also he is a human also
wen lan
post Jun 23 2013, 01:06 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Winnie2011 @ Jun 20 2013, 08:40 AM)
are you the client's staff? brows.gif
teraformz
post Jun 23 2013, 10:20 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(wen lan @ Jun 23 2013, 01:06 AM)
are you the client's staff?  brows.gif
Maybe she gt take sum pictures this will be interesting
Winnie2011
post Jun 24 2013, 05:29 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(teraformz @ Jun 21 2013, 11:54 AM)
Hahah biggrin.gif  he too tired so he sleep la nothing wrong also he is a human also
I don't think the auditor is tired, maybe the auditor is too free & has nothing to do, tat's y the auditor can sleep few hrs there. laugh.gif
popopipi
post Jun 24 2013, 07:52 PM

9 posts

i have experiences working in merged companies. usually, the first 4 years will be hostile where the both side will say their previous company (b4 merge) is better.

but, considering the plus side as a new person, u'll get to experience the way of working of 2 culturally different company and good as a learning curve

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:50 AM