162 Pages « < 122 123 124 125 126 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel All About Hong Kong V4, A place to share things about Hong Kong

views

terryykf
post Mar 23 2015, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 23 2015, 09:16 AM)
lucky you able to get so cheap ticket!!!  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

im still finding....hahahahahaha
I bought it yesterday, BIG card member got priority access.
So, managed to grab any tickets?
hellokitty82
post Mar 23 2015, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(terryykf @ Mar 23 2015, 10:32 AM)
I bought it yesterday, BIG card member got priority access.
So, managed to grab any tickets?
i saw cheap ticket for next year March! Omg! so so tempting!!
terryykf
post Mar 23 2015, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 23 2015, 11:51 AM)
Better hurry because the price increase 😁
hellokitty82
post Mar 23 2015, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(terryykf @ Mar 23 2015, 12:12 PM)
Better hurry because the price increase 😁
i not managed to get any ticket this round. the cheap ticket i saw this morning is going to Seoul next year March, RM466/return ticket. drool.gif drool.gif

But it is too early for me to book so early. I have plan ahead for that period of time. Sigh. Is ok. i believe they will always have free seats promo. rolleyes.gif

Oh ya..im back from HK!

The weather was 23c. Not that cold. But a bit chilly at night, especially if you are at the peak/NP. if you walk on the street, you don't feel that cold also la. but it was nice to walk at cooling weather in HK because you are actually walking from 8am to 9pm. omg! my feet seriously tired and pain!
end up i bought a sport shoe there.

I stayed at Dorsett Mongkok. Expected small room in HK. But i have no complaints on the cleanliness. Only complaint is the bed is not comfy. sweat.gif Stayed for 3 nites. The hotel provides free shuttle bus every hour. So every morning, i will hop on their 8am shuttle bus to Langham Place and then start my day. smile.gif Oh ya. the hotel also provides free smartphone for you to travel around, and free calls to Malaysia!!

Stayed at Lanson Place at Causeway Bay for last two nights. Definitely much more better hotel than Dorsett Mongkok. It is one of the small luxury hotel. Each room comes with small kitchenette, a sofa. also provides smartphone for you to travel around. But no free calls to Malaysia. Room much more bigger, bathroom much more bigger and of course the bed much more comfortable la! imagine after long day walking with tired and sore feet, all you want is hot shower and comfortable bed. sweat.gif sweat.gif

Went to Big Buddha. Weather was too foggy and unable to take nice photo. But I did walk to Wisdom Path. sweat.gif Nice scenery. Really. Worth the walk although my feet was pain already.
temmyoi
post Mar 24 2015, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

HK better be free & easy or follow tour?
and which airlines are cheaper?
Travel around Nov'15.
siauann
post Mar 24 2015, 03:10 PM

Music-Movies-Coffee
3,375 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 23 2015, 11:51 AM)
i manage to bought the ticket cheap. 2xx only tongue.gif
hellokitty82
post Mar 24 2015, 10:28 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(temmyoi @ Mar 24 2015, 12:00 PM)
HK better be free & easy or follow tour?
and which airlines are cheaper?
Travel around Nov'15.
free easy.

which airline. wait for air asia free seats promo. tongue.gif
temmyoi
post Mar 27 2015, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 24 2015, 10:28 PM)
free easy.

which airline. wait for air asia free seats promo.  tongue.gif
Can you share the Free & Easy itinerary?
siauann
post Mar 27 2015, 01:48 PM

Music-Movies-Coffee
3,375 posts

how many days is enough to spend in hk? which area offer cheaper accomodation?
hellokitty82
post Mar 29 2015, 01:12 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(temmyoi @ Mar 27 2015, 11:10 AM)
Can you share the Free & Easy itinerary?
no problem.

1st day:
- reach noon
- take airport express to Kowloon Station. Take hotel shuttle bus to hotel. check in. - Dorsett Mongkok
- late lunch at Cafe Bon Bon at Tai Kok Tsui 車品品小食, 大角咀埃華街92號 (92 Ivy Street, Tai Kok Tsui)
- too full...walked to Sai Yeong Choi St, Dundas St and Ladies Market.
- snacks along Dundas St. You can try 肥姐小食店 (Shop 4A, 55 Dundas Street (Mong Kok))

2nd day:
- breakfast: 妹記生滾粥品, Mui Kee Congee (4/F, Fa Yuen St Market, (Mong Kok))
- Flower Market, Goldfish Market, Bute St for Kam Wah Polo Bun - very nice!
- take MTR to Avenue of Stars.
- Clock Tower
- Harbour City
- Heritage 1881
- TST Area
- eat - McD Green Tea Sundae...nice! wonder why Malaysia does not have..hmm..
- Take MTR to Temple St - Four Season Claypot Rice (46-58, Arthur Street, Yau Ma Tei)
- short walk at Temple St. Mido Cafe is nearby.
- Take MTR to Avenue of Stars again to watch Symphony of Lights

3rd day:
- breakfast: Australia Dairy Co 澳洲牛奶公司 (47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan, Hong Kong) - must try steamed milk pudding and scrambled egg. im missing the steamed milk pudding now sweat.gif
- take MTR to Disneyland
- lunch and light dinner (before fireworks start) in Disneyland. We bought the entrance ticket with free meals. So, quite worth because the meal inside Disneyland are all expensive.
- Dont buy too much souvenirs inside Disney. As airport Disney shop selling at discounted price for changed season souvenirs. I sapu a lot at airport when i was coming back. sweat.gif
- try to arrange your trip to Disney during weekdays. The Q for play or show generally are all OK for me. within 10-20 mins. Q taking photos are longer.
- there is greet and meet session with Frozen character near the castle entrance. Please remember to get the ticket for this session. Otherwise, you are not allowed to take photo with them. I managed to get. smile.gif
- dinner - bought from 7-11 shop and eat inside hotel room. too tired to walk ... sweat.gif

4th day:
- check out. travelled to Causeway Bay. Checked in Lanson Place hotel.
- MTR to Central.
- brunch - Tim Ho Wan. Long q but still bearable. I never tried the Tim Ho Wan from Midvalley, so i dont compare.
- take MTR to Sheung Wan. Walked to Western Market. oldest structures building in Sheung Wan and oldest surviving market building. It is now turned to a complex with food, souvenirs, fabrics, etc tenants.
- take ding ding tram outside the Western Market. With only HKD2.30, you can hop to the ding ding tram and explore HK Island!
- I dropped off at Wan Chai. smile.gif
- visit: Wan Chai Market where along the road you can see a lot toys shop. Very cramp, but interesting if you are toys collectors.
- visit: Old Post Office Wan Chai is the oldest surviving post office building in Hong Kong, which is now become Environmental Resource Centre.
- visit: The Blue House in Wan Chai
- take ding ding tram back to Central
- visit: Duddell St - old school Starbucks and gas lamps. Tea break at the Starbucks.
- visit: The Peak and Madame Tussauds at night. (you may consider to buy the online package which is cheaper. and please buy with those special lane. the Q to buy the tickets are CRAZY!)
- dinner: Yat Lok Roasted Meat (Central) G/F, 34-38 Stanley Street, Central

5th day:
- breakfast: 勝香園 Sing Heung Yuen (2 Mei Lun Street, Central) - kong zhai mien with sliced beef in rich tomato soup and ice salty lemon sprite!
- walk to Jenny's Bakery to buy cookies (15 Wing Wo Street, Ground Floor)
- visit: Ngong Ping Village, Tian Tian Buddha, Wisdom Path
- if you have time, please drop by to visit Wisdom Path. It is a very nice scenery. Worth the walk. smile.gif It was very foggy and strong wind when I visit. Unable to get nice photo. Only not managed to go further into the Wisdom Path (only entrance) because the wind was too strong and also weather not that good and the time was around 530pm. Does not know what time was the last bus back to Citygate (cable car was shut down for maintenance during my visit).
- night - take MTR to Sam Sui Po. also a snacks heaven.
- dinner at one of the goose meat rice restaurant. The portion is crazily big. We only ordered one plate after seeing every table that one plate can cater for two pax!

6th day:
balik Malaysia. tongue.gif
- remember to drop by Disney shop if you able to get any souvenirs at discounted price. smile.gif

Hope this helps. smile.gif

lucaswjk
post Mar 29 2015, 01:44 AM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 29 2015, 01:12 AM)
no problem.
no take bus @Peak? hehe

--
i went to disney at weekdays (i think wednesday)...
my queue time is from 30mins to 1hours+
alot of PRC
and unless u r bringing kids, i dont recommend disney...
ocean park is more suitable for adult

--
u managed to buy cookies from Jenny, but didnt buy wifey's cookies? brows.gif
hellokitty82
post Mar 29 2015, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Mar 29 2015, 01:44 AM)
no take bus @Peak? hehe

--
i went to disney at weekdays (i think wednesday)...
my queue time is from 30mins to 1hours+
alot of PRC
and unless u r bringing kids, i dont recommend disney...
ocean park is more suitable for adult

--
u managed to buy cookies from Jenny, but didnt buy wifey's cookies? brows.gif
hahaha..i cant see any bus to the peak! where to take huh?

erm..personally i quite enjoyed some of the shows/ride. i skipped those baby rides la at the end coz no time to finish all. sweat.gif

yalor..i dont see Wing Wah bakery as my friend recommended me. hahhaa. end up buy Jenny's cookies. tongue.gif
lucaswjk
post Mar 29 2015, 02:13 PM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 29 2015, 01:45 PM)
hahaha..i cant see any bus to the peak! where to take huh?

erm..personally i quite enjoyed some of the shows/ride. i skipped those baby rides la at the end coz no time to finish all.  sweat.gif

yalor..i dont see Wing Wah bakery as my friend recommended me. hahhaa. end up buy Jenny's cookies. tongue.gif
i oso never took the bus

cant read chinese, donno it is called WingWah
but i know 1 shop... it is locate at the junction between Nathan & Dundas... toward Mongkok Station
user posted image

This post has been edited by lucaswjk: Mar 29 2015, 02:19 PM
Predator10
post Mar 29 2015, 08:53 PM

Casual
421 posts

Planning to go Hong Kong/Macau this coming year end..
Is it better to go on Nov or Dec?

hellokitty82
post Mar 29 2015, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Mar 29 2015, 02:13 PM)
i oso never took the bus

cant read chinese, donno it is called WingWah
but i know 1 shop... it is locate at the junction between Nathan & Dundas... toward Mongkok Station
user posted image
aiks...too bad im back already. cry.gif
temmyoi
post Mar 30 2015, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
290 posts

QUOTE(hellokitty82 @ Mar 29 2015, 01:12 AM)
no problem.

1st day:
- reach noon
- take airport express to Kowloon Station. Take hotel shuttle bus to hotel. check in. - Dorsett Mongkok
- late lunch at Cafe Bon Bon at Tai Kok Tsui 車品品小食, 大角咀埃華街92號 (92 Ivy Street, Tai Kok Tsui)
- too full...walked to Sai Yeong Choi St, Dundas St and Ladies Market.
- snacks along Dundas St. You can try 肥姐小食店 (Shop 4A, 55 Dundas Street (Mong Kok))

2nd day:
- breakfast: 妹記生滾粥品, Mui Kee Congee (4/F, Fa Yuen St Market, (Mong Kok))
- Flower Market, Goldfish Market, Bute St for Kam Wah Polo Bun - very nice!
- take MTR to Avenue of Stars.
- Clock Tower
- Harbour City
- Heritage 1881
- TST Area
- eat - McD Green Tea Sundae...nice! wonder why Malaysia does not have..hmm..
- Take MTR to Temple St - Four Season Claypot Rice (46-58, Arthur Street, Yau Ma Tei)
- short walk at Temple St. Mido Cafe is nearby.
- Take MTR to Avenue of Stars again to watch Symphony of Lights

3rd day:
- breakfast: Australia Dairy Co 澳洲牛奶公司 (47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan, Hong Kong) - must try steamed milk pudding and scrambled egg. im missing the steamed milk pudding now  sweat.gif
- take MTR to Disneyland
- lunch and light dinner (before fireworks start) in Disneyland. We bought the entrance ticket with free meals. So, quite worth because the meal inside Disneyland are all expensive.
- Dont buy too much souvenirs inside Disney. As airport Disney shop selling at discounted price for changed season souvenirs. I sapu a lot at airport when i was coming back.  sweat.gif
- try to arrange your trip to Disney during weekdays. The Q for play or show generally are all OK for me. within 10-20 mins. Q taking photos are longer.
- there is greet and meet session with Frozen character near the castle entrance. Please remember to get the ticket for this session. Otherwise, you are not allowed to take photo with them. I managed to get. smile.gif
- dinner - bought from 7-11 shop and eat inside hotel room. too tired to walk ...  sweat.gif

4th day:
- check out. travelled to Causeway Bay. Checked in Lanson Place hotel.
- MTR to Central.
- brunch - Tim Ho Wan. Long q but still bearable. I never tried the Tim Ho Wan from Midvalley, so i dont compare.
- take MTR to Sheung Wan. Walked to Western Market. oldest structures building in Sheung Wan and oldest surviving market building. It is now turned to a complex with food, souvenirs, fabrics, etc tenants.
- take ding ding tram outside the Western Market. With only HKD2.30, you can hop to the ding ding tram and explore HK Island!
- I dropped off at Wan Chai. smile.gif
- visit: Wan Chai Market where along the road you can see a lot toys shop. Very cramp, but interesting if you are toys collectors.
- visit: Old Post Office Wan Chai is the oldest surviving post office building in Hong Kong, which is now become Environmental Resource Centre.
- visit: The Blue House in Wan Chai
- take ding ding tram back to Central
- visit: Duddell St - old school Starbucks and gas lamps. Tea break at the Starbucks.
- visit: The Peak and Madame Tussauds at night. (you may consider to buy the online package which is cheaper. and please buy with those special lane. the Q to buy the tickets are CRAZY!)
- dinner: Yat Lok Roasted Meat (Central) G/F, 34-38 Stanley Street, Central

5th day:
- breakfast: 勝香園 Sing Heung Yuen (2 Mei Lun Street, Central) - kong zhai mien with sliced beef in rich tomato soup and ice salty lemon sprite!
- walk to Jenny's Bakery to buy cookies (15 Wing Wo Street, Ground Floor)
- visit: Ngong Ping Village, Tian Tian Buddha, Wisdom Path
- if you have time, please drop by to visit Wisdom Path. It is a very nice scenery. Worth the walk. smile.gif It was very foggy and strong wind when I visit. Unable to get nice photo. Only not managed to go further into the Wisdom Path (only entrance) because the wind was too strong and also weather not that good and the time was around 530pm. Does not know what time was the last bus back to Citygate (cable car was shut down for maintenance during my visit).
- night - take MTR to Sam Sui Po. also a snacks heaven.
- dinner at one of the goose meat rice restaurant. The portion is crazily big. We only ordered one plate after seeing every table that one plate can cater for two pax!

6th day:
balik Malaysia. tongue.gif
- remember to drop by Disney shop if you able to get any souvenirs at discounted price. smile.gif

It's very detailed, thank you so much for this info! smile.gif
williamlee_1985
post Apr 5 2015, 12:22 AM

The Red Devils wear Nike
2,004 posts

anyone know which part of HK consist of all those electronic / mobile phone wholesale sellers?
straw
post Apr 6 2015, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(williamlee_1985 @ Apr 5 2015, 12:22 AM)
anyone know which part of HK consist of all those electronic / mobile phone wholesale sellers?
Sham Shui Po

Apliu Street Flea Market (Electronics) – Exit C2
Cheung Sha Wan Road (Fashion) – Exit C1

williamlee_1985
post Apr 6 2015, 11:26 AM

The Red Devils wear Nike
2,004 posts

QUOTE(straw @ Apr 6 2015, 09:45 AM)
Sham Shui Po

Apliu Street Flea Market (Electronics) – Exit C2
Cheung Sha Wan Road (Fashion) – Exit C1
Thanks straw! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
-Max91-
post Apr 7 2015, 04:05 PM

On my way
526 posts

Hi guys, I'm going to Hong Kong next month, any idea perday eating/meals will be around how much? I'm talking bout eating and usual char chan teng, not those high end high end restaurant....

162 Pages « < 122 123 124 125 126 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0801sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:11 PM