Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ameera Residence, Mutiara Heights Kajang, By TLS Group Investment

views

Malaysian_driver
post Apr 21 2013, 12:07 AM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(Talbac @ Apr 20 2013, 11:25 AM)
The critical arguement lies with 'other better investment choices'.

There are 7 advantages of investing in property:
  a) Hedge against inflation (hyper-inflation according to some who predicts a BN win the 13th GE)

b) Allows high amount of leverage, even if it is 'only' 70%

c) An investment choice that allows you to pay by instalment spread over 30years on Interest Rates below inflation rate.

c) Low downpayment + lengthened investment time-frame of 3years under-construction period of which no active management is needed.

d) Total control over the management of investment during owership period (unlike owning shares where you have no control over the Management of listed company continually sucking blood out of the company)

e) property being an 'Investment choice', while being a 'Usable Commodity'. There are no other investment choice which is also a usable commodity. (meaning, say if you buy a property to make money, you can also use it to let out or also for own stay. Shares, FD etc are not 'usable investment) 

f) Property Gain Tax of 0% after 5years. (only property investment has this!)
Alternative investment choice availabe are far more limited:
1) Shares, Warrants - Malaysia Bursa not doing a good job protecting the interest of minority shareholder. Even if you make money, it is 'hit-and-run', you can't have it for 30years. Blue chips company are few, and are already fully priced. Limited returns, and no leverage, all cash up front, no tax rebate, no control over investment performance, not usable.
2) Mutual Fund - Same as investing in shares, except you also pay the Fund manager to buy shares for you.
3) FD - providing negative Real Interest Rates. It is your cash, of course no loan provided. No tax gain rebate, no hedging again inflation.
4) Investment linked Insurance Product - remember the big crash in 2008? Many of those products perished. The insurance company probably will use your money to buy Ameera Residence and give you back part of the returns. Allows installment, but no loans, no hedging against inflation, no control over investment, not tangible, no tax gains rebate. Give you returns when you die or severely injured yourself.
5) Lipo suction / cosmetic surgery - At least it is tangible, and a unique investment which may lead you to better mating chance.

I think there are many advantages of investing in property (look at points a-f) due to the weakness of the alternative investment choice. So. even if it is 80K upfront + 70% loan only, property investment is still a good choice. What more for a beautifully designed condo in a strategic location, priced reasonably at 314sq ft+ .
REIT leh?

For 10000 units of REIT, risk exposure is only that 10000 units -- buying property off plan puts me at risk bearing the loan even for an abandoned project which is many times more than my initial investment amount.

I don't have to worry about letting out my property or tenant problems, the REIT management takes care of it.

For selected REIT, annual return can be >8% which is not easy to get with property investment these days.

REIT is more liquid than property.

REIT appreciates too, sometimes faster than property.

REIT is a cheaper investment to begin with; range from <RM1.00 to >RM3.00 per unit. Minimum purchase is 100 units. Property investment needs 10-30% downpayment of property price.

That RM80k you mentioned, if put in REIT you will get your RM8% return at end of financial year, no need to wait 3 years for construction and the money is not "bricked" for 3 years.

This post has been edited by Malaysian_driver: Apr 21 2013, 12:10 AM
Malaysian_driver
post Apr 21 2013, 12:21 AM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(rachel_xxx @ Apr 21 2013, 12:13 AM)
yea and majority REITS giving 6 to 7% returns not inclusive of dividends if I`m not wrong  smile.gif
The return is in the dividends; analogous to rental return.

Haha... If you hold some IGB REIT for example, when you walk into Mid Valley Megamall, you can claim that a couple of square feet actually belong to you! laugh.gif

Anyway, this is a thread for Ameera, not for REIT. Just posted in response to Talbac's post.

This post has been edited by Malaysian_driver: Apr 21 2013, 12:26 AM
Malaysian_driver
post Apr 23 2013, 04:28 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(jackson.kerk @ Apr 23 2013, 03:32 PM)
Hi all, I just came across this ameera residence and this condo really impressed. I am working in singapore. May i know the offers and how is the process of booking? Anyone can help?
A bit late already -- choice units mostly taken up. Remaining ones may have to compromise on view and facing...
Malaysian_driver
post Apr 25 2013, 03:19 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(mybenz @ Apr 25 2013, 12:45 PM)
wow... seems like now is time to BBB Kajang  shocking.gif
eventhough with prison nearby

but for some it is not a problem

i still think it is better than beside cemetary

please share the sales status! icon_question.gif
Sg Buloh also got prison, but not so BBB...why?
Malaysian_driver
post Apr 25 2013, 08:24 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(Talbac @ Apr 25 2013, 05:49 PM)
BBB mode is not BECAUSE OF prison, is DESPITE OF prison!! 

Block A is fronting swimming pool and prison, and is taken up first so no issue at all. Now left facing kajang town only, want to face prison also dont have already.
laugh.gif
I want facing prison, I want facing prison!
Malaysian_driver
post Apr 28 2013, 03:26 AM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 27 2013, 07:01 PM)
He's hoping to see Chow Yun Fatt movies everyday.
whistling.gif
Malaysian_driver
post Apr 30 2013, 05:56 AM

On my way
574 posts

Immediately after completion, will match Ivory's price! That's 75% gain.
Malaysian_driver
post May 1 2013, 10:06 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(endude @ Apr 30 2013, 10:33 PM)
Which one is better actually.
Facing kajang/prison vs pool/forest view?
Facing Kajang is not prison. Facing prison is not Kajang.
Malaysian_driver
post May 14 2013, 12:27 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(tikaram @ May 14 2013, 11:09 AM)
i think the sg besi indah is much better as the supply is low and the potential is huge.( near mines)

the ameera supply is high and the potential is low. ( many comment hard to rent out)
Maybe for rental not so ideal but as a home, especially first time owners -- 1250 sqf! Whoa...
Malaysian_driver
post Jul 9 2013, 07:30 AM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(mi43363 @ Jul 8 2013, 11:20 AM)
Hahaha...actually that is a nice way of rejecting your loan...instead of rejecting your application right away, they will slash the margin..then they will call the applicant "Congratulations sir, your loan has been approved. However we are only able to offer you 80% margin. If you accept, please come to the branch to sign the LO". Then the applicant will reply "WTF? 80% only? Other banks could offer me 90% plus MRTA sumore! I decline!"

See the game?
tongue.gif
Wah like that I am Class D applicant lor... They only offer 70%!! cry.gif
Malaysian_driver
post Jul 23 2013, 11:59 AM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(darylyeoh0707 @ Jul 23 2013, 11:27 AM)
bros...can any1 can advise how many years should i take for mrta?thanks!3+5?
When do you want to sell the house? How long do you want to pay the loan? If flipping, take minimum just for loan's sake although some banks allow you to take loan without MRTA. Have you considered the alternative i.e. MLTA/life insurance?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0554sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:46 PM