Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Epilator

views

TSo2bebe
post Apr 15 2013, 01:45 PM, updated 11y ago

41 posts

Hi girls,

Any one of you use epilator for underarm? I noticed as the longer you shave, it gets brown.

Any one has the same problem, and managed to solved it?
spunkberry
post Apr 15 2013, 11:06 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(o2bebe @ Apr 15 2013, 01:45 PM)
Hi girls,

Any one of you use epilator for underarm? I noticed as the longer you shave, it gets brown.

Any one has the same problem, and managed to solved it?
I use an epilator. An epilator is not the same thing as a shaver.
I don't have the browning problem.
orangegurl
post Apr 16 2013, 10:32 AM

Enthusiast
861 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Apr 15 2013, 11:06 PM)
I use an epilator. An epilator is not the same thing as a shaver.
I don't have the browning problem.
may i ask which epilator ur using?
spunkberry
post Apr 16 2013, 11:11 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

Panasonic.
IMfae_
post Apr 16 2013, 02:43 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

I'm using the panasonic ES-2082 epilator. as good as it gets the job done.
Quella
post Jun 12 2013, 12:46 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Apr 16 2013, 02:43 PM)
I'm using the panasonic ES-2082 epilator. as good as it gets the job done.
IS IT GOOD? HOWS THE RESULT?
munkeyflo
post Jun 12 2013, 03:05 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

Many threads on epilators already. Do a search, girls.
LillyAnn
post Jun 12 2013, 06:09 PM

14 posts

Laser treatment is a good alternative to epilators. A friend of mine in the US had hers done about two years ago and the results were great. I am seriously considering having laser done too.
IMfae_
post Jun 13 2013, 10:02 AM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(Quella @ Jun 12 2013, 12:46 PM)
IS IT GOOD? HOWS THE RESULT?
the hurt: does not hurt much if u already get used to self-plucking before.

other than that, the shorter the hair the better but you don't want it to be too short less than a 1mm. just glaze it on your skin with foam 90 degrees, the epilator will pluck those unwanted hairs easily. I'm happy as it gets the job done.
bobins
post Jun 13 2013, 11:43 AM

24 posts

I am clearly a sensitive little girl then, epilators hurt like hell under the arms. Legs is OK.
Mine is a philips.
LoveMeNot
post Jun 14 2013, 09:40 AM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

Dearest all,

Planning to get myself an epilator to be used around bikini area. Any recommendation? Hopefully it's not gonna cost a bomb though (notice the prices are about rm200?) Does it cost that much?
munkeyflo
post Jun 14 2013, 12:50 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Jun 14 2013, 09:40 AM)
Dearest all,

Planning to get myself an epilator to be used around bikini area. Any recommendation? Hopefully it's not gonna cost a bomb though (notice the prices are about rm200?) Does it cost that much?
It's gonna hurt realllllll bad around the bikini area, unless you are used to plucking pubic hair on your own before this.
RM200 you can get a decent one. Phillips and Panasonic have quite a range of epilators. Braun epilators are said to be one of the best but the price can be quite high, most expensive around RM600 or so.
LoveMeNot
post Jun 14 2013, 01:49 PM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jun 14 2013, 12:50 PM)
It's gonna hurt realllllll bad around the bikini area, unless you are used to plucking pubic hair on your own before this.
RM200 you can get a decent one. Phillips and Panasonic have quite a range of epilators. Braun epilators are said to be one of the best but the price can be quite high, most expensive around RM600 or so.
I'm kinda used to the pain hahahaha whistling.gif tbh, isn't the pain is quite similar to waxing where you yank everything out at one go. Waxing is pretty costly especially when you need to go often. I think it's time for me to remove it out myself and invest a little on an epilator. Anyhow thanks babe. Will survey around for Phillips and Panasonic ones.
munkeyflo
post Jun 14 2013, 01:57 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Jun 14 2013, 01:49 PM)
I'm kinda used to the pain hahahaha  whistling.gif  tbh, isn't the pain is quite similar to waxing where you yank everything out at one go. Waxing is pretty costly especially when you need to go often. I think it's time for me to remove it out myself and invest a little on an epilator. Anyhow thanks babe. Will survey around for Phillips and Panasonic ones.
Waxing is fine for me, pain is tolerable cause it's done pretty quick. Tweezing out the hair one by one is hell! My experience with epilating pubic hair was pretty terrible haha.

If you don't mind a little mess, you might wanna google sugar waxing. I've done it on bikini area and found it very similar to waxing. You just need sugar and don't even need to use wax strips.
LoveMeNot
post Jun 22 2013, 02:26 PM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jun 14 2013, 01:57 PM)
Waxing is fine for me, pain is tolerable cause it's done pretty quick. Tweezing out the hair one by one is hell! My experience with epilating pubic hair was pretty terrible haha.

If you don't mind a little mess, you might wanna google sugar waxing. I've done it on bikini area and found it very similar to waxing. You just need sugar and don't even need to use wax strips.
got myself a set of philips epillator for about a week and yet to use it. to be honest, looking at how fast the multiple tweezers moves kinda freaking me out lolll icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
munkeyflo
post Jun 22 2013, 05:24 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Jun 22 2013, 02:26 PM)
got myself a set of philips epillator for about a week and yet to use it. to be honest, looking at how fast the multiple tweezers moves kinda freaking me out lolll  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
HaHa. That's always the case.
Try it on not so sensitive parts first, like your legs. After that maybe try on underarms. If you're daring enough, go straight for bikini. Took me a few years before I dared to use it on bikini line, but ended up didn't turn out well on me. I still go for waxing when it comes to bikini.
LoveMeNot
post Jun 24 2013, 08:46 AM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jun 22 2013, 05:24 PM)
HaHa. That's always the case.
Try it on not so sensitive parts first, like your legs. After that maybe try on underarms. If you're daring enough, go straight for bikini. Took me a few years before I dared to use it on bikini line, but ended up didn't turn out well on me. I still go for waxing when it comes to bikini.
Tried it out. To be honest, from the scale 1 to 10 (10 being the most painful), I would rate my pain at 3 - 4 using epilator. Personally, I would suggest doing manual tweezing at the region closer to the vagina due to the fact that that area is really sensitive as it has more pain receptors. Towards the top part; using epilator is fine. But start off with manual plucking and get use to the pain. Took me approximately 5x before I'm immune to the pain. Epilating helps big time now! and I save lotsa money too.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:15 PM