Salary discussions should stop

views

newaisa
post Apr 14 2013, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

First impression on this thread:

This new employer

Doesn't have the good reputation to attract bright graduates. Thus, always encountered whiner grads and got fed up.

Is not willing to pay
(The more you pay, the more likely you will get applications, bright grads, whiner grads, if you don't have the "eyes" to filter out the whiner bunch, well....call yourself a quality employer?)

Let me share some of my experience:

For the past 2 years I have been working for chinaman

1st company: 1xxx (Initial Pay)
2nd company:
I went for interview knowing I have got the skills and capability after thorough research on the minimum pay as well ~

The HR asked me about my pay, I told them about my current(shouldn't have) and expected as well
HR: Don't you think it's quite a big jump?
ME: No, based on the scope and my capability I think I am currently underpaid

Turned out, they gave me (Expected - 20%) (Coz they think it's a big jump)
Lesson ONE: NEVER REVEAL YOUR CURRENT PAY

2 Months later:
I was interviewed by a non-chinaman company, didn't even ask me about my expected and current pay...offered me pay very close(slightly higher) to what I have known from my research (Happy until now)

So....chinaman bossess....stop your bullshits please

NOTE: I'm no whiner, I know my stuffs very well.

P.S.: Chinaman's behaviour
- Always likes to make employee thinks it is not as straightforward as what it seems to get promotion (not even meeting KPIs)
Met KPI? Sorry I think your soft skill is still lacking to take up this role (You need Boot-licking 101)
- Makes all this whole salary scale as blurry and misty as possible

This post has been edited by newaisa: Apr 14 2013, 11:23 PM
newaisa
post Apr 14 2013, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(dreamer101 @ Apr 14 2013, 11:27 PM)
newaisa,

Please note that many MNC has HR policy that limit the offer to X% over previous pay.  Some of this kind of behavior is not limited only chinaman SME...

Dreamer
Thanks for pointing that out

Since they didn't even bother asking about my current pay at that time before making offer, it shows they were paying me based on the standard job grade

Although I can't be sure whether I am at the top or bottom of the grade, at least I know someone doing the same thing as me is not being paid 50% more/less. Or even worse.

Cheers

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 AM