azhar8879
post Jun 25 2013, 05:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(amil123 @ Jun 24 2013, 02:19 PM)
just use the QiS quick internet setup function it easy

user posted image

Choose PPPoE then tick special requirement from ISP at the bottom 
on the right side of the screen you can see ISP profile pick for unifi-home
click next after that fill up your unifi information then you are done biggrin.gif
Bro amil 123,

Thanks for your explanantion.
For the first try, I forgot to tick special requirement from ISP at the bottom and thats is why the right side of the screen for ISP profile does not appeared. And finally I noticed & tick the special requirement from ISP.
So its ok, then when it come to this Account Setting Screen, it takes me about 30 - 45 minutes to figured out why my password cannot match.
I have checked the previous router & I figured out that I wrongly put the password ( I used my unifi account password) & the installer does not give me the 13 alphabet/digit password. Then for solution I call the customer services & she provide me the password. She also asked me if the installer should gave me the password. So finally I cant use my ASUS router now and my wifi does not have problem like the stock Huawei router that unifi gave me. And the coverage is more better.

I just wondering , what the unifi installer said to me. He mention
1. That unifi router cannot be changed to other brand or router,if I want to changed I should call him
2. Why he does not gave me the password?

TSamil123
post Jun 28 2013, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(azhar8879 @ Jun 25 2013, 05:32 PM)
Bro amil 123,

Thanks for your explanantion.
For the first try, I forgot to tick special requirement from ISP at the bottom and thats is why the right side of the screen for ISP profile does not appeared. And finally I noticed & tick the special requirement from ISP.
So its ok, then when it come to this Account Setting Screen, it takes me about 30 - 45 minutes to figured out why my password cannot match.
I have checked the previous router & I figured out that I wrongly put the password ( I used my unifi account password) & the installer does not give me the 13 alphabet/digit password. Then for solution I call the customer services & she provide me the password. She also asked me if the installer should gave me the password. So finally I cant use my ASUS router now and my wifi does not have problem like the stock Huawei router that unifi gave me. And the coverage is more better.
I just wondering , what the unifi installer said to me. He mention
1. That unifi router cannot be changed to other brand or router,if I want to changed I should call him
2. Why he does not gave me the password?
sorry for late reply
1.the router still can be change as long you know how to set it up
2.from my exp after unifi installation is done you should be handed a paper that contain all you account info and password

now im not with unifi anymore , i need speed and good price so i change to maxis fiber >.<
but maxis fiber not very good at gaming because of the ping ,
Nando's
post Jul 14 2013, 10:15 PM

Casual
429 posts

Just bought it few days ago, so far I'm satisfied with it wink.gif

Anyway, what's the meaning of the Channel Setting? 1~10
post Aug 2 2013, 06:50 PM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(amil123 @ Jun 24 2013, 01:19 PM)
just use the QiS quick internet setup function it easy

user posted image

Choose PPPoE then tick special requirement from ISP at the bottom 
on the right side of the screen you can see ISP profile pick for unifi-home
click next after that fill up your unifi information then you are done biggrin.gif
hello bro , i just bought 1 exactly same router with you...
this unit is pending to install for my customer which is using Astro IPTV via Maxis Fiber

do you have any idea about Astro IPTV ?....

as the maxis default router (technicolor) can use any of the LAN port to connect the Astro PVR stream video , if i swap the maxis router to asus rt-n12hp (configure as wireless router) , does the Astro IPTV function of any of the LAN Port ? or it doesn't support Astro IPTV ?

does the Astro IPTV work if i connect to asus rt-n12hp when it's configured as repeater mode ?....

lastly , in the Quick Installation Setup .....what is the different between Maxis-Fiber & Maxis-Fiber Special ?....

thanks...
TSamil123
post Aug 14 2013, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(3536837 @ Aug 2 2013, 06:50 PM)
hello bro , i just bought 1 exactly same router with you...
this unit is pending to install for my customer which is using Astro IPTV via Maxis Fiber

do you have any idea about Astro IPTV ?....

as the maxis default router (technicolor) can use any of the LAN port to connect the Astro PVR stream video , if i swap the maxis router to asus rt-n12hp (configure as wireless router) , does the Astro IPTV function of any of the LAN Port ? or it doesn't support Astro IPTV ?

does the Astro IPTV work if i connect to asus rt-n12hp when it's configured as repeater mode ?....

lastly , in the Quick Installation Setup .....what is the different between Maxis-Fiber & Maxis-Fiber Special ?....

thanks...
for iptv sorry i dont know how to setup it , im using a normal maxis fiber line without iptv
deepoce
post Oct 1 2013, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

how many years is the warranty?
is there any better options..if i require higher power means stronger signal shown in laptop / handphone?
deepoce
post Oct 1 2013, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

does it supports dd-wrt?
deepoce
post Oct 12 2013, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

i bought the router but it cant provide the multiple ssid funtions like it claim to be. I use AP mode. connects to existing customer network of 192.168.1.x.
But then i cant control SSID guest access...any idea? help needed desperately!! thanks guys!
Alpha Wolf
post Oct 15 2013, 08:01 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

What is the real world signal coverage test for ASUS RT-N12HP vs RT-AC66U?
asusman
post Oct 23 2013, 06:46 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

i was wondering if the latest firmware (Version 3.0.0.4.374.430) for RT-N12HP is compatible with Unifi
Anonymous34
post Nov 26 2013, 09:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,175 posts

QUOTE(amil123 @ Jun 25 2013, 03:52 PM)
its easy take modem LAN2 and connect it to WAN RT-N12HP then use QiS to setup
Bro sorry to bother around here but I want to ask why must use LAN2 on the fiber modem?
I'm going to get this router soon so I must clear my doubts.
I can't find any open-wrt firmware on google, any idea if the non HP version for RT-N12 will work for this?
I want to install open-wrt cause now I have some small experience edy so I can set it up easier! rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by Anonymous34: Nov 26 2013, 10:05 PM
TSamil123
post Nov 27 2013, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(Anonymous34 @ Nov 26 2013, 09:52 PM)
Bro sorry to bother around here but I want to ask why must use LAN2 on the fiber modem?
I'm going to get this router soon so I must clear my doubts.
I can't find any open-wrt firmware on google, any idea if the non HP version for RT-N12 will work for this?
I want to install open-wrt cause now I have some small experience edy so I can set it up easier! rclxms.gif
it depends on the contractor that setup your BTU modem if they setup your isp fiber VLAN port at LAN port 2 then you must use LAN port 2

why use openwrt? asuswrt itself already good enuf and it does support unifi and maxis fiber
ASUS update all their router UI using ASUSWRT much easier to use compare to openwrt or ddrwrt , but low end ASUS router may have some limited function . the ultimate router like AC66U and AC68U is the best so far for me , i dont bother looking at openwrt or ddwrt because ASUSWRT is enuf and have all the function that i need such as VPN , FTP SERVER , CLOUD SERVER

if you want to try out the ASUSWRT you can go here http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/

This post has been edited by amil123: Nov 27 2013, 10:28 AM
Anonymous34
post Nov 27 2013, 10:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,175 posts

QUOTE(amil123 @ Nov 27 2013, 10:27 AM)
it depends on the contractor that setup your BTU modem if they setup your isp fiber VLAN port at LAN port 2 then you must use LAN port 2

why use openwrt? asuswrt itself already good enuf and it does support unifi and maxis fiber
ASUS update all their router UI using ASUSWRT much easier to use compare to openwrt or ddrwrt , but low end ASUS router may have some limited function . the ultimate router like AC66U and AC68U is the best so far for me , i dont bother looking at openwrt or ddwrt because ASUSWRT is enuf and have all the function that i need such as VPN , FTP SERVER , CLOUD SERVER

if you want to try out the ASUSWRT you can go here http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/
I got Asus RT-N10+ i know their UI is nice. but then yeah i might consider later. they configure mine on lan port 1. so yeah hehe
OKLY
post Nov 27 2013, 10:48 AM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(amil123 @ Nov 27 2013, 10:27 AM)

I have to agree that the stock AsusWRT is more than sufficient for most people. Not saying that DD-WRT, OpenWRT, Tomato and other 3rd party firmwares are bad but those cater for the power users who needs full control of the customizations/configurations.

Even the QoS feature in AsusWRT does its job pretty well, so far I've not felt major slowdown with my web browsing and gaming when torrents are running in the background from my NAS drive.
JosephChen
post Nov 27 2013, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

Bro, if you change two 9dbi antena to RT-AC66U, signal quality will increase?
hinamoriamu
post Nov 27 2013, 01:19 PM

On my way
578 posts

QUOTE(JosephChen @ Nov 27 2013, 11:32 AM)
Bro, if you change two 9dbi antena to RT-AC66U, signal quality will increase?
That particular antenna is not design for dual band
chweet
post Nov 30 2013, 06:40 PM

13 posts

Hi I am thinking of getting this router to boost my wifi range in the 2nd floor of my house, as my Astro fiber modem and routers are downstairs.

I am a noob so hope you can answer some basic questions.

Should I set it up as a repeater or AP? Can I set it as an AP without pulling ethernet cable upstairs?

Which is the best option without pulling cables?

thanks sifus!!!
chuahcs79
post Nov 30 2013, 06:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,931 posts

QUOTE(chweet @ Nov 30 2013, 06:40 PM)
Hi I am thinking of getting this router to boost my wifi range in the 2nd floor of my house, as my Astro fiber modem and routers are downstairs.

I am a noob so hope you can answer some basic questions.

Should I set it up as a repeater or AP? Can I set it as an AP without pulling ethernet cable upstairs?

Which is the best option without pulling cables?

thanks sifus!!!
you can set as an AP upstair without pulling cable by using power homeplug,.

chweet
post Nov 30 2013, 10:19 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(chuahcs79 @ Nov 30 2013, 06:44 PM)
you can set as an AP upstair without pulling cable by using power homeplug,.
Thanks chuahcs79 for your reply. unfortunately home plug doesnt work in my house. I tested it. Apparently according to the astro fiber installer, this is because the plug upstairs and the plug downstairs are not connected.

So does that mean I can only set up as repeater? If so, then dont need to pull ethernet cable right? If repeater set up stable?

thanks!
chuahcs79
post Nov 30 2013, 10:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,931 posts

QUOTE(chweet @ Nov 30 2013, 10:19 PM)
Thanks chuahcs79 for your reply. unfortunately home plug doesnt work in my house. I tested it. Apparently according to the astro fiber installer, this is because the plug upstairs and the plug downstairs are not connected.

So does that mean I can only set up as repeater? If so, then dont need to pull ethernet cable right? If repeater set up stable?

thanks!
well thne guess your places power point is 3 phase, that's why upstair and downstair is not connected,..

repeater should be working well , but if u really want much more than that, ethernet cable confirm is stable

it depends on whether any interferences and coverages the wireless antenna of the router & repater both

This post has been edited by chuahcs79: Nov 30 2013, 10:24 PM

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:50 PM