Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Beware of Vonza Sdn Bhd / Decor Point Sdn Bhd, Dishonest Furniture Company

views

zaxwin
post Jun 24 2018, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

OH NO!!!I should have found out this thread earlier. I place my booking for 3 Goodnight mattress few weeks ago. And I just realised one of the mattress cannot be found from official goodnight website. Omg
vitagenguy
post Jul 17 2018, 03:26 PM

24 posts

Anyone manage to contact them after all? My new house is getting ready and now only I realise it is such an unreliable company!
mist8
post Jul 20 2018, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

They have been MIA since months, even the secretary is unable to reach them.

Anyway, I've filed with Kpdnkk and they have issued a court order to Deep Living for refund. The officer told me to lodge a complaint to summon them if they don't pay me in full by next week.

Lilivioleet
post Jul 21 2018, 10:04 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(mist8 @ Jul 20 2018, 01:10 PM)

Anyway, I've filed with Kpdnkk and they have issued a court order to Deep Living for refund. The officer told me to lodge a complaint to summon them if they don't pay me in full by next week.
Hello,may i know the procedure as im one of their victims, and i cannot get through them. Besides, i have been to their factory at Shah Alam and it seems already closed. Thank you in advance.
Lilivioleet
post Jul 23 2018, 12:24 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(vitagenguy @ Jul 17 2018, 03:26 PM)
Anyone manage to contact them after all? My new house is getting ready and now only I realise it is such an unreliable company!
Hello, have you contact them? It seems like I cannot get through them. I think their factory in Shah Alam also has been closed, don't they?
Lilivioleet
post Jul 23 2018, 01:29 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(zaxwin @ Jun 24 2018, 10:36 PM)
OH NO!!!I should have found out this thread earlier. I place my booking for 3 Goodnight mattress few weeks ago. And I just realised one of the mattress cannot be found from official goodnight website. Omg
Hii , can you get through them? If yes, can you share the contact number and adress? Thank you in advance.
wtfwtfwtf
post Aug 18 2018, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

Thanks for this thread. Almost bought dining table from them at expo.
homeSeek
post Sep 13 2018, 03:04 PM

16 posts

I am a victim too sad.gif I should hav found out this thread earlier.. their service is really really terrible. keep on delaying the delivery date. Won't buy anything from them again ever!
kenviro
post Oct 8 2018, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

I heard that Dato' Adriana Law, the managing director of Ideas Factory Sdn Bhd, the organiser and founder of Perfect Livin', is a buddy of the lady boss of Vonza Sdn Bhd. You can try to contact her and get her to resolve the problem for you.
kenviro
post Oct 8 2018, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

May I know whether you managed to receive the refund?

QUOTE(mist8 @ Jul 20 2018, 01:10 PM)

mist8
post Oct 9 2018, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(kenviro @ Oct 8 2018, 04:35 PM)
May I know whether you managed to receive the refund?
No, I have yet to get a refund.

I was informed by a victim that we could get compensated from Vonza Sdn Bhd by offsetting the amount with their sample units.

I'm not willing to settle for this and am pursuing other resources. I'll appreciate if any can assist on this matter.

Are you a victim as well?
kenviro
post Oct 10 2018, 07:42 AM

Getting Started
134 posts

I am not a victim but someone who knows about them.

QUOTE(mist8 @ Oct 9 2018, 10:50 AM)
No, I have yet to get a refund.

I was informed by a victim that we could get compensated from Vonza Sdn Bhd by offsetting the amount with their sample units.

I'm not willing to settle for this and am pursuing other resources. I'll appreciate if any can assist on this matter.

Are you a victim as well?
mist8
post Oct 10 2018, 01:41 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(kenviro @ Oct 10 2018, 07:42 AM)
I am not a victim but someone who knows about them.
In that case, what would you suggest us in order to get refund?
bigred
post Oct 10 2018, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(mist8 @ Oct 10 2018, 01:41 PM)
In that case, what would you suggest us in order to get refund?
You can try the Small Claims Tribunal under Ministry of Domestic Trade & Consumer Affairs.

Pay RM10 to file the claim form - no lawyer fee, no representation by lawyers, just you and the company.

The award is similiar binding to that of a Court Order. Just make sure you have all the proper documentation.

What kind of claims can you file?
The following are examples of claims that you can file:

Refund of money paid for defective goods[/B]
Refund of wages/salaries paid for work that has not been carried out;
Claims for due commissions
Claims for payment on supplied facilities, rendered services or undertaken repairs.

Before you proceed with your claims, you should:

- Send a final letter to the other party, threatening court action.
- Set a time limit for the other party to pay compensation or reimbursement.
- If you still get nowhere, proceed to file your case in court.

Extract from How Do You Start A Small Claims Procedure in Malaysia?

Background of the Tribunal
kenviro
post Oct 23 2018, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
134 posts

It can work if the company still exists. If the company has closed down, then I don't think there is anything you can do.

QUOTE(bigred @ Oct 10 2018, 03:08 PM)
You can try the Small Claims Tribunal under Ministry of Domestic Trade & Consumer Affairs.

Pay RM10 to file the claim form - no lawyer fee, no representation by lawyers, just you and the company.

The award is similiar binding to that of a Court Order.  Just make sure you have all the proper documentation.

What kind of claims can you file?
The following are examples of claims that you can file:

Refund of money paid for defective goods[/B]
    Refund of wages/salaries paid for work that has not been carried out;
    Claims for due commissions
    Claims for payment on supplied facilities, rendered services or undertaken repairs.

Before you proceed with your claims, you should:

- Send a final letter to the other party, threatening court action.
- Set a time limit for the other party to pay compensation or reimbursement.
- If you still get nowhere, proceed to file your case in court.

Extract from How Do You Start A Small Claims Procedure in Malaysia? 

Background of the Tribunal
MakNok
post Oct 23 2018, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,673 posts

Wow..it took 5 years for Vonzo and sister companies to wind up...

ecco54
post Apr 29 2019, 03:16 PM

5 posts

After reading the posts here on Vonza Gallery, I thought I'd share my experience from June-July 2018 because who knows, some prospective customer might need this in spite of all the negativity thrown at the store.

To be honest I scared myself silly the day after I made the purchase. It all started with searching 'Vonza Gallery' on Google. The first result, even before its Facebook page, was this Lowyat thread. And I paid a deposit for 2x beds (mattress and frame) the day before after having met them at one of the Home Expos!

Of course I was concerned about having to go through hardship to get the beds delivered as per my request -- or worse -- trying to get a refund. It was stated in my Sales Order that I was to give them 2 weeks notice prior to delivery date. As such, I didn't contact them until about 3-4 weeks later when my house would be ready to receive the beds.

Soon enough I reached out to the store manager via call and WhatsApp and she so kindly attended to me, despite my multiple requests to either change date or confirm my chosen date. I did not give them 2 weeks notice as per the Sales Order (it was more like 1.5 weeks with a Public Holiday in between), and she obliged without hesitation.

I was also contacted by their Delivery Team via phone call and later on a WhatsApp text message to confirm our conversation. I was offered either to make balance payment via bank transfer or credit card (!!) and I was told that the lorry driver would call about an hour before the delivery.

I also made a special request to have the beds delivered before 1pm on a Saturday (the bane of staying in an apartment!) and lo and behold -- the beds arrived at about 10:30am. There were 3 workers (including 1 team lead, I'm assuming as he seemed more efficient and took the lead to communicate with me, and speaks pretty good English which is a plus point) who brought the beds up to my unit, and diligently set the beds up at their respective spaces.

However, because of delays by my contractor, my unit was still under renovation. Bad timing I know -- one of the workers raised that up too -- but it was necessary due to my tight schedule and I'll bear the brunt later with post-renovation cleaning (hope not!). So I told the 'team lead' not to remove the plastic layers covering the beds and he obliged. The workers did what they could to drill and set up the frames while minimising tearing of any of the plastic covers.

They took only about 15 minutes to put the beds up. And I made payment via a card machine (seriously so canggih already nowadays and it's safer than just bank transfer). I'm aware that delivery was free of charge but because the overall experience exceeded my expectations, I very conveniently gave them some cash for the hard work and keeping to their promise tongue.gif

To me, complaints always make it to the surface but compliments are rarely offered. From my standpoint, it was a job well done from the part of Vonza and their delivery staff.

Anyway I'm guessing some of you would be curious about my purchase. I bought the Devato full set package as per the website with freebies such as 2x memory pillows (an upgrade from foam they so graciously gave) and topper: http://goodnite.com.my/index.php/mattress/...ion/devato.html
kenviro
post May 6 2019, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
134 posts

Vonza Sdn Bhd and Vonza Gallery Sdn Bhd are two different companies. The director of Vonza Sdn Bhd used to be a director in Vonza Gallery Sdn Bhd but she has gone her separate way, meaning that she is no longer a director of Vonza Gallery Sdn Bhd.
Chigme
post May 7 2019, 01:27 AM

Enthusiast
700 posts

With such bad publicity in the past , I wonder why the the owners still want to retain Vonza name.

9 Pages « < 7 8 9Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:33 PM