Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Miscarriage Quite Common Now, what do you think??

views

Nog_1985
post Aug 30 2015, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(Dragon_Boy @ Apr 4 2013, 10:12 AM)
she is healthy and considered active, eventhough she seldom exercise...
during her second pregnancy where we managed to get our first baby boy (first pregnancy failed)
she have bleeding problem as well....she need to take injections every week and rest...
after the first tri-mester, the bleeding stop and she managed to give birth to our boy
Bro... Can I know what kind of injection did your wife take?
My wife is 17 week pregnant and she have bleeding problem as well... Hope to hear from you soon...
TSDragon_Boy
post Sep 1 2015, 09:22 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ Aug 31 2015, 12:54 AM)
Bro... Can I know what kind of injection did your wife take?
My wife is 17 week pregnant and she have bleeding problem as well... Hope to hear from you soon...
bro, my case already few years back...
both my son and daughter already 6 n 2 years old
i cannot remember...but if u follow ur gynae advise closely...
they will choose the best way for u
which hospital ur wife go?
electron
post Sep 18 2015, 08:12 AM

Regular
1,328 posts

while not denying that cases of miscarriage may be higher today compared to 30 years ago, i think the reason we are seeing or hearing it more is due to the greater amount of information available.
test kits are cheap and widely available now and you can get a positive test as early as 2 weeks and that's even before the fetus heart starts beating.
before this, people will wait for missed periods and that takes longer. A friend of mine only knew she was pregnant when it is already 2 months (she has irregular period and didn't use the test kit)
in addition, people are more willing to share news of miscarriage now. after my wife miscarried, then only i know few of our peers and friends had similar experiences, especially with the first pregnancy. before that, we thought we were the very unlucky ones
hanishoney
post Sep 21 2015, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
299 posts

Miscarriage is common. Full stop. It's not increased pollution, pressure, whatever.

There's a reason that it's traditional not to announce pregnancy until second trimester. Because it's very very very common even from long ago for pregnancy to miscarry in the first trimester.

If you ever watch a toddler learning to walk, you know that the toddler will keep falling. But they get up and walk anyway. They fall down, they get up. They fall down, they get up. Until suddenly one day, walking and running and next thing you know, you're chasing them around. Even then, full grown ups who have been walking for decades still can fall and get injured.

Walking is something you do every day and yet you can fall. You don't get pregnant every day. Of course your womb can get it wrong. When it mixes the sperm and the ovum wrongly, it ejects. Do again until sperm and ovum combine correctly.

Miscarriage is your womb practicing getting pregnant and giving birth. If your doctor recommend D&C, ask your doctor if there's any harm waiting one week for natural miscarriage. Then you can experience cramping and pain and labour very similar to giving birth. Practice makes perfect. sweat.gif

If you're scared to miscarry, then be scared to get pregnant lor. Having a child is NOT easy.
post Sep 28 2015, 02:08 PM

1 posts

Hi,

For my case i married in 2010. after 1 year i become pregnant and at the 8th week the pregnancy ended as a ectopic pregnancy where the baby formed in the fallopian tube. After much struggles and the prayers i become pregnant last year on December 2014 but i don't know that the baby that i carried is only god borrowed for 5 months where until i can feel the kick of baby. I loss the baby at 21weeks due to incompetent cervix.(The cervix open earlier at 5cm and i delivered the baby at 21 weeks)..now im trying to conceive for the past 3months with the hope one day i can hold the baby in my hand

This post has been edited by 170686: Sep 28 2015, 02:10 PM
vanpersie91
post Sep 29 2015, 06:16 AM

Regular-ly posting shits and stuffs
1,478 posts

QUOTE(little_apple @ Apr 28 2013, 12:01 AM)
Dear all , did u do TORCH test (TORCH PANEL ) before planning ur pregnancy ? TORCH Test belongs to a category of blood tests called infectious -disease antibody titer tests .
TORCH means :
Toxoplasmoxis
Rubella
Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
Syphilis

Please read more to understand here
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/TORCH+test

A lot of gynae / dr will only perform this test when one has two or three failed pregnancies . Sinc e it's not really an very expensive test , I did it before I plan to get pregnant , all the while I thought that I'm a very healthy and active person but my result showed that I have CMV Igg Positive , which means if I got pregnant , this virus will disturb the whole pregnancy , for eg miscarriage . Even if I managed to give birth to the baby , the chances of having an abnormal baby is high , Surviving baby might have hearing problem ,  Mental retardation , enlarged spleen etc etc . the result really shocked me and I felt sad at first , but think positively , I'm considered a lucky one cuz I got diagnosed even before I got pregnant , it's better be safe than sorry later , right ?

My hubby tested his blood for CMV too , both of us were positive , dr said that it's quite common nowadays , a lot of ppl have it but didn't know , because it can be asymtomatic . We have taken an antiviral drug and now the virus in me is clear , my CVM Igm showed negative . Which means its safe to get pregnant now .

I hope my information is helpful for u .
I know it has been 2 years since your post, but does this still applicable now or we had another method to determine it today?

Where can any of us get this service around KL/PJ?
pigrabbit
post Oct 9 2015, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(UpCar @ Mar 25 2013, 10:04 AM)
mine 1st pregnancy lost to edwards syndrome.
2nd pregnancy successful.

my best friend 1st 3 pregnancy had to drop. only on the 4th managed to deliver healthy baby boy.
hi, i had read your post. how old is your wife during 1st pregnancy?
how do edward syndrome can actually develope?
how do you get detected early?

sorry for so many quaestions. currently i'm pregnant for 5 months. my first pregnancy. i'm a bit worry.
drexo922
post Oct 12 2015, 03:46 PM

32 posts

please please remember not to skip any scan even when you are in 3rd tri-mester... do not assume that 3rd tri-mester is very stable

need to make sure you have your scan as frequent as possible (every 2-4 weeks).

for our case, we were thinking of skipping one of the 3rd-trimester scan as it's been really expensive having done it for many times throughout the 1st and 2nd..

Luckily we did not! at 32 weeks we scanned, clinic called us before arriving home. then gynae called us to go in the next morning, scanned again, and sent us for second opinion scan immediately.
all same conclusion, severe IUGR (Intrauterine growth restriction) and baby had to come out immediately..

though baby had to be in NICU for some time, thank God she's been fine and growing healthily now...

i cannot imagine if we'd skipped the scan
mfyoyo
post Oct 16 2015, 12:31 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(pigrabbit @ Oct 9 2015, 09:33 AM)
hi, i had read your post. how old is your wife during 1st pregnancy?
how do edward syndrome can actually develope?
how do you get detected early?

sorry for so many quaestions. currently i'm pregnant for 5 months. my first pregnancy. i'm a bit worry.
Congrats smile.gif
I hv been trying to conceive for the past 3 mths, lost my 1st child in last week of 2nd trimester, i saw the baby(zygot) came out, i see the shape of the body, so small, like length of finger. Everything was fine until i had an accident, the impact was too big for my uterus to handle, otherwise mine is due next mth, miss my baby. sad.gif

So be careful on the road

This post has been edited by mfyoyo: Oct 16 2015, 12:33 AM
yenyen08
post Oct 24 2015, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(iextra81 @ Oct 7 2015, 04:47 PM)
this mask is different from N95 alone.. It contain help your children to maintain with fresh air even under haze
[attachmentid=5080032]
[attachmentid=5080039]
you can have a look under this website for this product

http://www.airplus.sg/
QUOTE(mfyoyo @ Oct 16 2015, 12:31 AM)
Congrats smile.gif
I hv been trying to conceive for the past 3 mths, lost my 1st child in last week of 2nd trimester, i saw the baby(zygot) came out, i see the shape of the body, so small, like length of finger. Everything was fine until i had an accident, the impact was too big for my uterus to handle, otherwise mine is due next mth, miss my baby. sad.gif

So be careful on the road
You still young, i believe... still have chance in the future. No worries.

Actually i'm curious about something. Do you guys think staying/listening to our parents advice helps during pregnancy?
I thk it will reduce the risk of miscarriage.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.81    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:15 PM