Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Miscarriage Quite Common Now, what do you think??

views

TSDragon_Boy
post Mar 25 2013, 09:38 AM, updated 9y ago

26 posts

my wife just delivered a baby girl on 28th Feb and she is our 2nd kid in our 6 years of marriage
our first kid is a boy.....from the 6 years with 2 kids, my wife actually pregnant for 4 times!!
meaning we have miscarriage 2 times cry.gif cry.gif

the 1st failure is during the second year of our marriage,our gynae said we conceive but there is no life or object
inside...so the gynae need to wash out

after one year we conceived and she delivered our 1st son

when our son is second years old, my wife pregnant again..and this time, during the first 3 months, at first we saw heart beat
of the baby, thats during week number 6, since my wife have minor bleeding, we went back for check-up on week 7 but
heart beat is gone cry.gif cry.gif ... so we have another miscarriage...

after one year, my wife is pregnant again and thank god, she delivered our second baby, a girl....

at the same time, my younger sister, with one daughter already 5 years old....is pregnant, but her situation is
same like during our second failed pregnancy where the baby heart beat disappear after one week and my sister
have bleeding problem also...

i understand fully the disappointment of this...where pregnancy should be a happy event but ended up a tragic loss...
anyway, me n my wife managed to have 2 kids after 2 failed....so to others, all the best smile.gif
feekle
post Mar 25 2013, 09:39 AM

Bibo ergo sum!
1,922 posts

how old is your wife during the first pregnancy?
TSDragon_Boy
post Mar 25 2013, 09:43 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(feekle @ Mar 25 2013, 10:39 AM)
how old is your wife during the first pregnancy?
30 years old
SUSUpCar
post Mar 25 2013, 10:04 AM

Regular
1,612 posts

mine 1st pregnancy lost to edwards syndrome.
2nd pregnancy successful.

my best friend 1st 3 pregnancy had to drop. only on the 4th managed to deliver healthy baby boy.
sweeboon
post Mar 26 2013, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(Dragon_Boy @ Mar 25 2013, 09:38 AM)
my wife just delivered a baby girl on 28th Feb and she is our 2nd kid in our 6 years of marriage
our first kid is a boy.....from the 6 years with 2 kids, my wife actually pregnant for 4 times!!
meaning we have miscarriage 2 times  cry.gif  cry.gif

the 1st failure is during the second year of our marriage,our  gynae said we conceive but there is no life or object

when our son is second years old, my wife pregnant again..and this time, during the first 3 months, at first we saw heart beat
of the baby, thats during week number 6, since my wife have minor bleeding, we went back for check-up on week 7 but
heart beat is gone  cry.gif  cry.gif ... so we have another miscarriage...

after one year, my wife is pregnant again and thank god, she delivered our second baby, a girl....

at the same time, my younger sister, with one daughter already 5 years old....is pregnant, but her situation is
same like during our second failed pregnancy where the baby heart beat disappear after one week and my sister

i understand fully the disappointment of this...where pregnancy should be a happy event but ended up a tragic loss...
anyway, me n my wife managed to have 2 kids after 2 failed....so to others, all the best  smile.gif
I'm so sorry to hear about your story and at the same time, I feel glad that you're willing to step out and share. Most importantly, I'm intrigued with your spirit to keep trying, I think that's key to many successful pregnancy. Kudos to you and your wife!

My friend is experiencing the same thing too, she's had two miscarriages so far, but she will never give up trying.

In most cases, pregnant women would blame herself for losing the babies, and family support is vital. I've seen one mother go cuckoo after a miscarriage. And have sworn not to have babies anymore.

Can anyone here share some common reasons why it happened? In my friends' cases, nobody could tell the reasons?!
TSDragon_Boy
post Mar 27 2013, 09:26 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(sweeboon @ Mar 26 2013, 01:37 PM)
I'm so sorry to hear about your story and at the same time, I feel glad that you're willing to step out and share. Most importantly, I'm intrigued with your spirit to keep trying, I think that's key to many successful pregnancy. Kudos to you and your wife!

My friend is experiencing the same thing too, she's had two miscarriages so far, but she will never give up trying.

In most cases, pregnant women would blame herself for losing the babies, and family support is vital. I've seen one mother go cuckoo after a miscarriage. And have sworn not to have babies anymore.

Can anyone here share some common reasons why it happened? In my friends' cases, nobody could tell the reasons?!
after sharing with many people, I found out that is quite common now...
maybe from 10 women, at least 6-7 have experience or heard of someone with such experience.

and yes, you did point out....normally women will blame themselves....but I did ask gynae...and she told me
there is no specific reason for miscarriage...we cannot blame any party....of coz couple are advised to do health test and body check-up
before trying to conceive....women can do pap smear test as well.....

for my case....we went through alot of hardship during the 2 failed pregnancy....I need to support her and encourage her.
she had nightmares and hesitate to go for second kid after the 2nd failure....

for husbands reading, if you have such experience, stay strong, be at her side, encourage her and motivate her...
and for women, dont blame yourself..stay strong and stay healthy...
periwater
post Mar 27 2013, 04:52 PM

Casual
324 posts

I had a miscarriage before due to blighted ovum, meaning there is a sac but no fetus inside the sac. You are right, women tend to blame ourselves but my gynae made it very clear to me that it's NOBODY'S FAULT. Mainly the chromosomes XY are not compatible, therefore the fetus can't continue to develop. There is also no specific reason why these chromosomes are not compatible.

My gynae spent quite a long time to explain and comfort me. One example she cited, which I remembered clearly is, one morning we woke up and discovered our car broke down before even we leave the house. We blame ourselves on why the car broke down, we speculated whether it is because we didn't look after it, etc. But a car broke down is just a car broke down, it could happen to anyone and unexpectedly. Most importantly, you haven't leave home, else your car might broke down in the middle of the road, causing traffic congestion and worse, an accident.

We had an early termination is not by choice. Just like your car broke down is not by choice either. It is better to terminate early than to have more complications later due to the incompatible chromosomes, ie still birth or down syndrome babies.

After my miscarriage, I took my time to heal and get my body ready again. Now I have a cute, healthy baby! smile.gif
maple_leaf
post Mar 28 2013, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
215 posts

adopt a baby will avoid cacat baby.
is getting common to get cacat one as our diet is pollute by chemical.
TSDragon_Boy
post Mar 28 2013, 04:33 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(periwater @ Mar 27 2013, 05:52 PM)
I had a miscarriage before due to blighted ovum, meaning there is a sac but no fetus inside the sac. You are right, women tend to blame ourselves but my gynae made it very clear to me that it's NOBODY'S FAULT. Mainly the chromosomes XY are not compatible, therefore the fetus can't continue to develop. There is also no specific reason why these chromosomes are not compatible.

My gynae spent quite a long time to explain and comfort me. One example she cited, which I remembered clearly is, one morning we woke up and discovered our car broke down before even we leave the house. We blame ourselves on why the car broke down, we speculated whether it is because we didn't look after it, etc. But a car broke down is just a car broke down, it could happen to anyone and unexpectedly. Most importantly, you haven't leave home, else your car might broke down in the middle of the road, causing traffic congestion and worse, an accident.

We had an early termination is not by choice. Just like your car broke down is not by choice either. It is better to terminate early than to have more complications later due to the incompatible chromosomes, ie still birth or down syndrome babies.

After my miscarriage, I took my time to heal and get my body ready again. Now I have a cute, healthy baby! smile.gif
nice sharing from you....i think our first failure is the same case like your's, where no life inside the sac.....
anyway glad to know you managed to get another one after that...
nod.gif
jady
post Mar 28 2013, 05:16 PM

-----camology-----
1,024 posts

TS, may I know your wife is active & healthy person? My staff also miscarriage once, after that she keep up a healthy lifestyle, start to exercise.

After that she pregnant again, bleed many times during tri-semester, dr advise for bed rest whole month. Now have a healthy baby girl.
talexeh
post Mar 29 2013, 10:27 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,965 posts

QUOTE(periwater @ Mar 27 2013, 04:52 PM)

Wow! I must say that I'm impressed with such a dedicated & caring gynae that you've consulted there. Thank you very much for sharing us the advice & analogy. I'm pretty sure it'll be very helpful to parents who are facing similar issue. notworthy.gif
coolshop
post Apr 4 2013, 09:11 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Dragon_Boy @ Mar 25 2013, 09:38 AM)
meaning we have miscarriage 2 times  cry.gif  cry.gif

the 1st failure is during the second year of our marriage,our  gynae said we conceive but there is no life or object

heart beat is gone  cry.gif  cry.gif ... so we have another miscarriage...

anyway, me n my wife managed to have 2 kids after 2 failed....so to others, all the best  smile.gif
Sad to hear that but at least you have tried ~ Never try never know / success. give thumbup.gif to both of you !
TSDragon_Boy
post Apr 4 2013, 10:12 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(jady @ Mar 28 2013, 06:16 PM)
TS, may I know your wife is active & healthy person? My staff also miscarriage once, after that she keep up a healthy lifestyle, start to exercise.

After that she pregnant again, bleed many times during tri-semester, dr advise for bed rest whole month. Now have a healthy baby girl.
she is healthy and considered active, eventhough she seldom exercise...
during her second pregnancy where we managed to get our first baby boy (first pregnancy failed)
she have bleeding problem as well....she need to take injections every week and rest...
after the first tri-mester, the bleeding stop and she managed to give birth to our boy
jobconsult
post Apr 10 2013, 11:06 PM

4 posts

Thank you for all the sharing and inspiring story. My wife has have 2 recurrent miscarrige , the 2nd one is just of recent and we are still in grieving period.
She is still not able to cope with the loss and am trying very hard to convince her that there is still hope for the next one.
gennee
post Apr 12 2013, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

this is a scary thought. I'm not married yet and the thought of possibility of miscarriage really freaking me out.

Sorry for the noob question, is there an explanation to frequent miscarriage? Is it because of lifestyle, health, paranormal activity?

little_apple
post Apr 28 2013, 12:01 AM

10 posts

Dear all , did u do TORCH test (TORCH PANEL ) before planning ur pregnancy ? TORCH Test belongs to a category of blood tests called infectious -disease antibody titer tests .
TORCH means :
Toxoplasmoxis
Rubella
Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
Syphilis

Please read more to understand here
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/TORCH+test

A lot of gynae / dr will only perform this test when one has two or three failed pregnancies . Sinc e it's not really an very expensive test , I did it before I plan to get pregnant , all the while I thought that I'm a very healthy and active person but my result showed that I have CMV Igg Positive , which means if I got pregnant , this virus will disturb the whole pregnancy , for eg miscarriage . Even if I managed to give birth to the baby , the chances of having an abnormal baby is high , Surviving baby might have hearing problem , Mental retardation , enlarged spleen etc etc . the result really shocked me and I felt sad at first , but think positively , I'm considered a lucky one cuz I got diagnosed even before I got pregnant , it's better be safe than sorry later , right ?

My hubby tested his blood for CMV too , both of us were positive , dr said that it's quite common nowadays , a lot of ppl have it but didn't know , because it can be asymtomatic . We have taken an antiviral drug and now the virus in me is clear , my CVM Igm showed negative . Which means its safe to get pregnant now .

I hope my information is helpful for u .

maggie-cp
post Apr 29 2013, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

I have never heard about this, thanks for your info.
rep1y
post Aug 2 2015, 12:52 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(little_apple @ Apr 28 2013, 12:01 AM)
Dear all , did u do TORCH test (TORCH PANEL ) before planning ur pregnancy ? TORCH Test belongs to a category of blood tests called infectious -disease antibody titer tests .
TORCH means :
Toxoplasmoxis
Rubella
Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
Syphilis

Please read more to understand here
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/TORCH+test

A lot of gynae / dr will only perform this test when one has two or three failed pregnancies . Sinc e it's not really an very expensive test , I did it before I plan to get pregnant , all the while I thought that I'm a very healthy and active person but my result showed that I have CMV Igg Positive , which means if I got pregnant , this virus will disturb the whole pregnancy , for eg miscarriage . Even if I managed to give birth to the baby , the chances of having an abnormal baby is high , Surviving baby might have hearing problem ,  Mental retardation , enlarged spleen etc etc . the result really shocked me and I felt sad at first , but think positively , I'm considered a lucky one cuz I got diagnosed even before I got pregnant , it's better be safe than sorry later , right ?

My hubby tested his blood for CMV too , both of us were positive , dr said that it's quite common nowadays , a lot of ppl have it but didn't know , because it can be asymtomatic . We have taken an antiviral drug and now the virus in me is clear , my CVM Igm showed negative . Which means its safe to get pregnant now .

I hope my information is helpful for u .
Thanks for sharing this!
Syd G
post Aug 2 2015, 10:53 AM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

QUOTE(gennee @ Apr 12 2013, 11:58 AM)
this is a scary thought. I'm not married yet and the thought of possibility of miscarriage really freaking me out.

Sorry for the noob question, is there an explanation to frequent miscarriage? Is it because of lifestyle, health, paranormal activity?
In general,

Before we had urine dipstick test, pregnancy was often detected at 2nd month of pregnancy - about 6-8weeks. Spontaneous miscarriage can happen due to bad chromosomes, and last time women wont notice they're hving a miscarriage because it'll just come out like normal period. This is why last time KK will only buka buku merah at 12 weeks onwards. Now they allow earlier to give moms vitamins and irons - but they usually wont be scanned or see doctor so early.

But now we can detect as early as 2 weeks. Hence higher % of miscarriage.

Women are also having their children at older age compared to previously. The risk of abnormalities goes up with the mommy's age. Some say that daddy's age is a factor too, but we often see it more often with mommy's age since daddy has millions of sperm that races towards the ovum (survival of the fittest), while mommy only have 1 ovum per month.

And our lifestyle and food additives plays a role too. We're way less active compared to our moms and we eat much more junk food than them sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Syd G: Aug 2 2015, 10:55 AM
HoneyPink
post Aug 27 2015, 02:09 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

working stress plus food so miscarriage is kinda common ... plus less exercise and not so healthy life style...

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    1.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:27 PM