I'm a celcom corporate user with RM2/month commitment (voice & sms only, no data).
I plan to subscribe the Celcom First Mobile Internet Package. This is what have celcom offer:
1. Connection is on best of effort basis. However, connection speed may fluctuate depending on your location, modem/computer configuration and user traffic during that time.
2. Activities' or usages of the Service exceeding the monthly volume allocation respectively, your data usage will be blocked until the next bill cycle with or without prior notice to you.
3. Notwithstanding the above, if you fail to receive any notification from Celcom, Celcom will still proceed to manage your service if you have exceeded your volume allocation. Therefore, you must take the necessary measures to constantly monitor its usages in addition to the volume when accessing and using the Service.
My concern are:
(Let say i subscribe to mLite plan with 300MB volume of quota)
1. If i exceed the volume allocation, automatically celcom will block my data usage right? not slower down the speed?
2. What will happen if i let the 'packet data' on my smart phone turn ON after exceeding the 300MB? extra charge from celcom if there is a hidden activities run on my smart phone that require to connect to the internet?
3. Do i need to turn off the 'packet data' after exceeding the 300MB? you guys know la, sometimes we forgot to check or monitor the data usage, then will end up with bill shock from celcom.
4. Once i subscribe into this plan, do i need to subscribe again for the next month?
Hope you guys can share your experiences here.
Celcom First, PP/use, Daily, Weekly or Monthly