RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Celcom First, PP/use, Daily, Weekly or Monthly

texas5
post Mar 20 2013, 12:13 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi All,

I'm a celcom corporate user with RM2/month commitment (voice & sms only, no data).
I plan to subscribe the Celcom First Mobile Internet Package. This is what have celcom offer:

user posted image

1. Connection is on best of effort basis. However, connection speed may fluctuate depending on your location, modem/computer configuration and user traffic during that time.

2. Activities' or usages of the Service exceeding the monthly volume allocation respectively, your data usage will be blocked until the next bill cycle with or without prior notice to you.

3. Notwithstanding the above, if you fail to receive any notification from Celcom, Celcom will still proceed to manage your service if you have exceeded your volume allocation. Therefore, you must take the necessary measures to constantly monitor its usages in addition to the volume when accessing and using the Service.

My concern are:

(Let say i subscribe to mLite plan with 300MB volume of quota)

1. If i exceed the volume allocation, automatically celcom will block my data usage right? not slower down the speed?

2. What will happen if i let the 'packet data' on my smart phone turn ON after exceeding the 300MB? extra charge from celcom if there is a hidden activities run on my smart phone that require to connect to the internet?

3. Do i need to turn off the 'packet data' after exceeding the 300MB? you guys know la, sometimes we forgot to check or monitor the data usage, then will end up with bill shock from celcom.

4. Once i subscribe into this plan, do i need to subscribe again for the next month?

Hope you guys can share your experiences here.

Thank You.

notworthy.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KannaSai1
post Mar 20 2013, 12:19 AM

[019-348-2888]
Group: Senior Member

Once u exceed limit. Will change to payu.
Once over limit due to internet. Your line will bar.
U need to call celcom careline to release the line every 2 /3 days.
Course ya bill will jet up due to internet payu. Let say rm5k or rm10k due to payu rate.

Month bill will show payu waive n u pay max rm250 only for the internet cap. But very irritating. Need to call careline to unbar the line due to internet usage.
+Quote Post
texas5
post Mar 20 2013, 12:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Mar 20 2013, 12:19 AM)
Once u exceed limit. Will change to payu.
Once over limit due to internet. Your line will bar.
U need to call celcom careline to release the line every 2 /3 days.
Course ya bill will jet up due to internet payu. Let say rm5k or rm10k due to payu rate.

Month bill will show payu waive n u pay max rm250 only for the internet cap. But very irritating. Need to call careline to unbar the line due to internet usage.
thanks for the response.
that's mean i need to turn off the mobile data after reached the quota..what if celcom failed to delivered me the usage notification? shocking.gif waaahhh very high risk.. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
ramz
post Mar 20 2013, 06:23 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Depends on your phone. For android phones it can set the limit so that your phone will take action to stops data through when u reach the limit.

I know what celcom says on paper. But from real experience celcom just sends a Sms saying i exceed the limit and asking me to top up. But i didn't notice any difference in the speed, was still skyping away. But it was just about 2 days before the reset point.
+Quote Post
texas5
post Mar 20 2013, 11:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ramz @ Mar 20 2013, 06:23 AM)
Depends on your phone. For android phones it can set the limit so that your phone will take action to stops data through when u reach the limit.

I know what celcom says on paper. But from real experience celcom just sends a Sms saying i exceed the limit and asking me to top up. But i didn't notice any difference in the speed, was still skyping away. But it was just about 2 days before the reset point.
I use android. So i can set the limit right. Fair enough for me..as long as my phone doesn't continue send/receive data once i exceed quota (pay per use)..
+Quote Post
zizou10
post Apr 24 2013, 08:32 AM

I use android. So i can set the limit right. Fair enough for me..as long as my phone doesn't continue send/receive data once i exceed quota (pay per use)..

operator usually capture more data than what our smartphone capture.
ie : smartphone shows 10mb but our operator shows more than 10mb has been used.
Which i think your method is not helping. I did that before, but operator always capture more than my smartphone.

This post has been edited by zizou10: Apr 24 2013, 08:36 AM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0591sec    0.62    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:30 AM