Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Fibre Network, You can watch Astro now even raining!!

views

swyao
post Aug 1 2013, 05:22 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 2 2013, 06:30 PM)
Maybe this Astro IPTV still new to Maxis and most condo/property are using TM infrastructure so they might facing some technical problems and their Technicians need time to cater it. Also one of the reason why the installation need to queue so long from now. There are limited Technicians can be arranged for such installations.

Maxis Fibre internet connection itself so far is good. None of my customer complaint so far. They just complaint about the Astro IPTV connection only.

I have a customer just installed Astro IPTV also having problem but after that been fixed by TM engineers. It was caused by copper line connected to phone socket. Initially it was blue + white lines connecting the socket but according to TM line in different colour has different strength of signal and normally blue + white is enough for phone, fax, and 5Mbps internet. However, when it comes to Maxis, the minimum is 10M and needs orange + white lines instead. No matter how, if got problem must let their Technician check first only can confirm.
Astro Technician came to my condo today supposingly for installation of Maxis Fiber and Astro IPTV. When he look at my place, he said got problem. He told me Maxis Fibre uses RJ45 connection and not phone line. Some more he say need to pull network cable, drill hole here and there from riser room all the way to my unit.

My Unifi contract ended yesterday, which I terminated already (after being loyal to them for 2 years). Now only tell me Maxis cannot use the telephone line like what Unifi did previously. WTF? WTF? WTF? vmad.gif

Now I'm broadband-less cry.gif
swyao
post Aug 2 2013, 05:05 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 2 2013, 11:07 AM)
Hi,

Normally condo is using VDSL connection which means is using the telephone line. As previously you are using unifi with the phone line, then Maxis Fibre shld be do it in the same way. Then the Astro decoder can be connected to the LAN & the modem.

Have you lodge complaint to Astro Customer Service that why the technician required u to perform additional drilling works? Did the technician charge u extra if perform this works? How much?
He did not install. He went back!
swyao
post Aug 3 2013, 09:40 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 2 2013, 10:47 PM)
Hi,

Maybe you call up to Astro Customer Service to complaint about this and ask them send other Technician for you.
Called up both Maxis and Astro Customer Service. I did not complain but seek clarification on the installation.
1st call is to Maxis. They explain for Maxis broadband, the telephone line is enough. But for IPTV, need to refer to Astro Customer Service @ 03 - 9543 1543.
Called Astro Customer Service. The Astro guy confirm that for Astro IPTV, it require to use network/ethernet cable. Telephone cable cannot cater for the speed require by Astro. Thus, regardless landed property or condo, it's still require to use network cable.

Anyone else can verify this??? blink.gif

Looks like I will be stuck with just Maxis broadband; with no Astro package. Haih... cry.gif

Regards,
Jason
swyao
post Aug 4 2013, 12:14 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 3 2013, 11:46 PM)
Hi,

So far we still have customer able to install at their condo unit but donno why ur condo cant be installed. You have neighbour facing the same problem as u? Can PM which condo u staying?

As such case, then maybe u separate the installation - Maxis Fibre & Astro using satelite. But sorry to inform that the mthly rebates RM25 are not entitle for this separate installation!!
I know....sien adi....
Adi PM'ed you my condo unit. Thanks.

swyao
post Aug 20 2013, 11:03 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 3 2013, 11:46 PM)
Hi,

So far we still have customer able to install at their condo unit but donno why ur condo cant be installed. You have neighbour facing the same problem as u? Can PM which condo u staying?

As such case, then maybe u separate the installation - Maxis Fibre & Astro using satelite. But sorry to inform that the mthly rebates RM25 are not entitle for this separate installation!!
Ok, updates Astro IPTV.
Astro send another technician over to my condo. They did not use the existing home telephone line. Instead, they pull an additional fibre optic cable from the Maxis Distribution Box (located in the common riser, one storey above mine) to my unit (yes, require drilling at my unit).

All in all, the installation took bout 2 1/2 hours.

Regards,
Jason

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM