Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Fibre Network, You can watch Astro now even raining!!

views

Hattra
post Oct 21 2013, 10:54 AM

5 posts

Hi. Presently I am having Astro B.yond + Simple PVR (the WD external HDD) + Super Pack 3 with the contract having expired (have this package for more than 2 yesr now).

Really interested in the new bundle package but have a few questions below.

The total price for Astro IPTV (with Super Pack 3) + 10MB Maxis line would be RM278.00?

As I prefer to have the Maxis Modem/Router + phone line to be placed on the 3rd Floor and the Astro decoder on the ground floor, I believe the decoder would entirely depend on the wifi from the 3rd floor (as there is no LAN connection. My wiring on the ground floor is hidden inside the wall and I don't fancy having an exposed wiring on the ground floor for a LAN connection). Would:-

(a) the wifi signal be strong enough to reach the ground floor?
(b) the download speed be affected as part of the bandwidth would be used for the IPTV?
© the TV lag during heavy downloading?
(d) or wifi is not possible/supported and LAN would be required from the modem to the Astro decoder?

As for the new decoder, can it still use the simple PVR (i.e. with the external HDD) or it is compulsory to use the internal HDD?

I understand that decoders with the internal HDD requires 2 wires from the dish to the decoder - I only have 1 concealed wire from the dish. As such, a "stacker" needs to be installed if the new decoder cannot use simple PVR? Some friends informed me that the "stacker" would cause reduction in the HD quality. Is this true and how much do you charge for the "stacker"?

Many thanks and looking forward to your reply.

This post has been edited by Hattra: Oct 21 2013, 12:00 PM
Hattra
post Oct 22 2013, 04:11 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Oct 22 2013, 12:21 PM)
They will change a new PVR decoder box for you and it's built it HDD so you do not need your external HDD anymore when you subscribe to Astro IPTV.
Thanks for the reply. Does the new PVR decoder require 2 wires of just 1 for the recording function as I believe that the present PVR decoder requires 2 wires from the dish to the decoder.

Many thanks again.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:46 PM