Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Fibre Network, You can watch Astro now even raining!!

AristaEmpire
post Mar 18 2013, 03:10 PM

Group: New Member

Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Fibre Network Pre-Registration

Astro B.yond IPTV is a service that integrates regular/linear Astro channels with HD (High Definition), PVR (Personal Video Recording), Astro On-The-Go and Video On Demand, plus high-speed internet delivered via a fibre line powered by Maxis.

Save more upon sign up Astro B.yond IPTV together with Maxis Fibre!!cool.gif

[B]Astro B.yong IPTV package:-

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Maxis Fibre package:-[/b]

Attached Image

What do I get once I subscribe to this service?
Upon installation of the Astro B.yond IPTV package, you will receive:
• Residential WiFi Modem (By Maxis)
• ONT (Optical Network Terminal) (By Maxis)
• Astro B.yond HD and PVR decoder

Contract
The contract period is 24 months.

Billing
Billing will take effect once the Astro B.yond IPTV service is activated. Customers will be charged for the high-speed fibre internet service in addition to their Astro subscription.

IPTV with Maxis Fibre Network
Broadband packages available on Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Fibre Internet
The high speed fibre internet provided by Maxis offer a choice of 10Mbps, 20Mbps and 30Mbps. 10Mbps at RM148, 20Mbps at RM198, 30Mbps at RM248 with free unlimited downloads.

Cost of the installation
Standard installation cost is RM300 (including decoder installation); however this will be waived with auto debit or advance payment of 6 or 12 months. The advance payment will be reflected in the 1st bill.
If you decide to terminate Astro B.yond IPTV subscription prior to your contract period, you will incur the RM300 charge, even if it had been waived in the initial period.

Standard installation (by Maxis) cover
This installation fee covers connection (outside your home) from the nearest Fibre Distribution Panel to the Termination Box and the connection (inside your home) from the Termination Box to the Access Termination box.
The installation provided is of standard specifications (over wall with clip or cable casing only), cost for any non-standard type of installations, such as over the ceiling, underground ducts, concealed wiring and so on will be borne by the customer.
• Some minor drilling may be required.
• Specs from B5 of Ts & Cs
• Anything not within the standard installation may incur charges and will be borne by customer.

How long does it take to install my Astro B.yond IPTV service?
Installation will be scheduled within 2 weeks after the sign-up date. Please be advised that it will require half a day to complete the onsite IPTV and broadband installation. However, variations do occur due to customers’ availability and the building management’s approval for access.

Documents required
• Applicant's contact number, email address, installation address, name, IC number
• Scan the applicant IC and attach them with email and send to me.

Subscribe now at E-Form or direct email to astro@arista.my or call 019-3932888 now!!

This post has been edited by AristaEmpire: Feb 25 2014, 02:23 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chintmy
post Mar 18 2013, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Disappointed with the pricing...

Super Pack 3 RM155 (satallite) and IPTV RM130. Only save RM25 per month.

You have lost one potential subscriber. I thought can save more but RM25 and I had to go through so much changes, not worth it. Will just stick to my unifi...

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Mar 18 2013, 05:23 PM

This is the price set by Maxis & Astro. But no matter how, it still some worth if you subscribe maxis fibre now for RM148 with 10Mbps and at the same time if you need Astro also enjoy a small rebate of RM25 and at least Astro is more stable then using the outdoor unit dish.
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Mar 20 2013, 03:25 PM

Getting Started

Lets do the Math Calculation.. if u using UnIfi every month paying RM149 5mbps, astro service include sport,wah lai toh, astro on demand package every month RM160. total inclusive of unifi and astro is RM309 monthly.

if subscribe maxis astro iptv, RM148 for Maxis fiber 10mbps, and astro superpack RM155 for all sports, wah lai toh, astro on demand, HD channel, xtra 10 exclusive HD channel just for Maxis Fiber user and Astro On the Go service. total all price monthly are RM303.

benefit:-
1. save at least RM6 monthly.
2. Unifi pay RM149 u can use 5mbps, Maxis Fiber pay RM148 u can use 10mbps.. this already worth more than enough.
3. during heavy rain, u still can watch astro
4. astro rebate RM25 if bundle with maxis fiber. which mean you montly price will be RM278.
5. Pay ONE bill only every month because Astro will bill together with maxis fiber. if subscribe to Unifi and Astro, u have to go different place and pay or if by online, charge RM0.50 per payment. so calculate the cost.
6. HD Channel will be charge RM20 monthy for current user. if bundle with astro maxis iptv, it is free.
7. Astro on The Go charge RM25 monthly for Tablet user. if bundle with astro maxis iptv, it is free as well..
8. Astro also provide PVR for FREE.. Totally FREE... no need PAY for it. you can record any movie, drama, sport and etc with the recording system.

Total Cost of saving : RM75 monthly at least.
if you subscribe all the channel currently, why not upgrade to Astro Maxis IPTV and enjoy such additional benefit ?

Act Fast Now.. pre-register now and be the 1st to own the new service provided by Maxis & Astro.

thanks.
+Quote Post
stanum
post Mar 25 2013, 01:22 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

That is great package combo!

I am currently using Unfi 5MB and subscribed to Astro package at RM60/month. Total price for both every month is RM 209.

If i subscribed to Maxis 10MB 148 + Astro Package 125 ( deduct 25) = RM 248. This is great deal for me!

But, i need to serve another 4 months more to finished my contract and astro can be cancel if because its already passed the contract period.

I will contact you once i have finished all the contract, the new subscription will be on my new house for another few months!

Is is true that HD and AOG is free as well? if it true, then much better!
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Mar 25 2013, 07:00 PM

Getting Started

If u subscribed to combo package, YES, AOG and HD is available. Pls contAct us at 019-3932888 or email us at maxis@arista.my

+Quote Post
novusgizmos
post Apr 18 2013, 01:55 PM

Is the add RM50 to get second decoder applicable if subscribe to combo package?
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 18 2013, 02:05 PM

Getting Started

hi, yes, add RM50 per month to enjoy the service. we call it Multi Room. all channel is same but different decoder.

*if you are subscribe under Maxis Astro IPTV, this service only available on Maxis Fiber Area. if you are under TM Unifi, multiroom service is not available due to TM restriction on VDSL network.

*if normal decoder, YES, it is available.
Pls Call 019-3932888 for more info.
+Quote Post
novusgizmos
post Apr 18 2013, 02:48 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 18 2013, 02:05 PM)
hi, yes, add RM50 per month to enjoy the service. we call it Multi Room. all channel is same but different decoder.

*if you are subscribe under Maxis Astro IPTV, this service only available on Maxis Fiber Area. if you are under TM Unifi, multiroom service is not available due to TM restriction on VDSL network.

*if normal decoder, YES, it is available.
Pls Call 019-3932888 for more info.
Don't quite understand this statement

Currently I'm unifi subscriber, planning to change to Maxis+Astro IPTV combo package, so is the RM50 multi room available for me?
Another question is the cabling, is it same like Unifi hyppe tv, just need LAN cable for the Astro decoder+PVR?
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 18 2013, 02:55 PM

Getting Started

hi, which mean that your area is under TM fiber backbone. so multiroom is not available.

if condo, we use VDSL and landed we will pull the direct Fiber from station.

if currently you are using UNIFI, then we just continue the same fiber and just change your port.

the maxis astro iptv decoder is come with modem and PVR service. so not just LAN cable, it also built in WIFI. old PVR decoder is using WIFI dongle.

the installation fees currently set at RM300 but if you use Auto Debit monthly payment, RM300 is waived or else, pay advance 6 months for your subscription, installation also waived.

thanks.
+Quote Post
novusgizmos
post Apr 18 2013, 03:13 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 18 2013, 02:55 PM)
hi, which mean that your area is under TM fiber backbone. so multiroom is not available.

if currently you are using UNIFI, then we just continue the same fiber and just change your port.

the maxis astro iptv decoder is come with modem and PVR service. so not just LAN cable, it also built in WIFI. old PVR decoder is using WIFI dongle.

the installation fees currently set at RM300 but if you use Auto Debit monthly payment, RM300 is waived or else, pay advance 6 months for your subscription, installation also waived.

thanks.
So the decoder has built in WIFI, then what type of cabling is needed?
My house is townhouse with centralised dish on the roof top, currently have 2 decoder (ground and 1st floor) using the centralised dish, if no multi room service for me, what option for me to have another decoder on 1st floor?
+Quote Post
azrilyp
post Apr 18 2013, 03:26 PM

Casual

1 question. I'm currently using Unifi at home and Astro Beyond as well. If I changed to Maxis + Astro IPTV, do i need to change the phone number as well?
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 18 2013, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

hi novusgizmos :-
the fiber cable is for your Maxis Fiber Internet. from the maxis fiber internet modem, they will connect to Astro IPTV PVR decoder using wifi. it is totally seperate item. for multiroom, we are so sorry, under TM Unifi area, we are unable to use multiroom due to restriction from TM.

for alternative solution, installed another iptv account on 1st floor. which mean, two account.
please be remember, astro iptv no longer need the satelite dish. everything is using fiber. so when raining, u still can watch astro.
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 18 2013, 03:37 PM

Getting Started

hi azrilyp, good question.. if you subscribe to Maxis Astro IPTV package, they are no longer VOIP call available. u need to subscribe separately which charge you RM20 monthly. we can help you to register this if you want it.

so, when you apply this package, all you current contract will be terminated and upgrade to IPTV service. so, you no need pay the penalty.

please call or sms to 019-3932888 for detail. thanks

+Quote Post
novusgizmos
post Apr 18 2013, 03:38 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 18 2013, 03:33 PM)
hi novusgizmos :-
the fiber cable is for your Maxis Fiber Internet. from the maxis fiber internet modem, they will connect to Astro IPTV PVR decoder using wifi. it is totally seperate item. for multiroom, we are so sorry, under TM Unifi area, we are unable to use multiroom due to restriction from TM.

for alternative solution, installed another iptv account on 1st floor. which mean, two account.
please be remember, astro iptv no longer need the satelite dish. everything is using fiber. so when raining, u still can watch astro.
Basically I can use the existing unifi fiber cable for the maxis fiber internet modem, and no need to lay any cable from the modem to astro decoder.
Second account is no for me, I PM you to discuss this.
+Quote Post
azrilyp
post Apr 18 2013, 03:52 PM

Casual

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 18 2013, 03:37 PM)
hi azrilyp, good question.. if you subscribe to Maxis Astro IPTV package, they are no longer VOIP call available. u need to subscribe separately which charge you RM20 monthly. we can help you to register this if you want it.

so, when you apply this package, all you current contract will be terminated and upgrade to IPTV service. so, you no need pay the penalty.

please call or sms to 019-3932888 for detail. thanks
But can I retain the same number? I'm lazy to inform my relatives back in kampung of the change in number.

+Quote Post
s9sa
post Apr 19 2013, 12:01 PM

I heard Maxis IPTV can use hybrid mode, means dish + fiber. Mind to explain about this?
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 19 2013, 12:42 PM

Getting Started

hi azrilyp, for your VOIP no. case, i not sure wether can retain the same or not. you can call to maxis for enquiry after your installation. in my experience, the number cannot use back the same because the pool number is given by MCMC.

hi s9sa, yes. only for channel not available on IPTV need dish such as NTV7, 8TV and two malay channel.

the dish is for you to watch this 4 channel only. no effect on IPTV
+Quote Post
s9sa
post Apr 19 2013, 02:58 PM

if pull out the fiber cable, can I still watch using dish only?
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 19 2013, 03:15 PM

Getting Started

no, because the iptv is connected to fiber modem or router via wifi or LAN cable.
+Quote Post
ming2020
post Apr 19 2013, 10:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(stanum @ Mar 25 2013, 01:22 PM)

If i subscribed to Maxis 10MB 148 + Astro Package 125 ( deduct 25) = RM 248. This is great deal for me!

Guys, RM248 here is before or after Govt Tax 6%??

Unifi says RM149/mth is already after tax.... hmm.gif
+Quote Post
ming2020
post Apr 19 2013, 10:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!

This deal only allow us to take Superpack? No deal for ValuePack?
+Quote Post
ming2020
post Apr 19 2013, 10:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Just to confirm with thread starter: This deal can work even if my area no Maxis/Time Fiber coverage? (Of course got Unifi Fiber coverage).
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 20 2013, 01:36 AM

Hi ming2020, if u take maxis fiber with superpack, astro will give u discount rm25 monthly on your superpack and GST is waived. So, u only pay rm248 nett.

U can get ala carte package but no discount of rm25 monthy, no HD, no PVR, no AOTG no waived GST. So, take superpack is better.

As long as there is no TIME fiber at your place, we can install iptv as long as there is fiber coverage.

For your info, maxis is using same infrastructure as unifi, as long ask unifi area, we can install maxis fiber and astro iptv.

For more info, kindly call us at 019-3932888 or email us at astro@arista.my
+Quote Post
yuy_hikaru
post Apr 21 2013, 11:03 AM

hi

im interested to install maxis fibre with astro iptv in mynw house. i need to use alot of internet f9r my work.hence is 10mbps package of maxis fibre sufficient or i shud op for 20mbps?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 21 2013, 02:03 PM

Hi, is depend on your download n upload data.. But so far, maxis is not cap any bandwith.. So speed is ok. If u want 20mb also ok. Rm199 monthly.

If normal designer or programmer, 10mb or 20mb also ok. I have few client designer n programmer also using 10mb
+Quote Post
Axton_L
post Apr 21 2013, 08:34 PM

Hi, I am interested to install Maxis fibre with IPTV. May I know when can I start apply for this?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 21 2013, 10:04 PM

Pm u, pls check
+Quote Post
yihling
post Apr 22 2013, 11:38 PM

May I noe hw can I Make sure tat whether my area is under maxis coverage? N is it dis package still available next mth?

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 23 2013, 01:31 AM

Hi, u pm me your full address. I check the coverage for u. The package will be available anytime but subject to astro t&c.
+Quote Post
noddless
post Apr 23 2013, 11:52 AM

Hi AristaEmpire. I have a quick question

Multi Room -

1. Wondering if I can watch different channels in different locations?
2. Let's say all devices at living room. How they connect to the 2nd decoder from my living room to my 2nd floor? LAN cable? I'm renovating my house and think to have all the cables ready to avoid future hacking.

Hybrid mode -

1. Any additional charges?
2. Similar question. If all devices at living room and how they connect to my 2nd decoder upstairs?
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 23 2013, 01:36 PM

Getting Started

hi, noddless.. can you PM me your contact no. or sms to 019-3932888. your question is hard to explain here. i call you and explain to you better. smile.gif
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 23 2013, 01:43 PM

Getting Started

Hybrid Mode is FOC and installed during the same appointment with installer.

hybrid mode mean the Astro B.Yond PVR set is connected to dish and maxis RGW fiber modem. this only applicable to Landed property and on TM infrastructure.

if you using maxis IPTV on TM infrastructure, we unable to use multiroom due to TM restriction. but if normal decoder, yes, you can install multiroom but you must install 1st decoder and activated then only we proceed to apply multiroom.

+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Apr 23 2013, 01:52 PM

Getting Started

noddless, i try to explain here for the muiltiroom installation.

yes, you can see different channel in different location. is two set different decoder.

1st, you ask your installer to pull from your rooftop two astro cable to 2nd floor living room. then from 2nd floor living room, pull another two to ground floor living room. then astro installer will do the rest lo..

*pls bare in mind.. if you installer not pull the cable properly, it may result the bad quality and astro installer will not responsible for this. so make sure the installer give good quality cable. haha

if you want more secure, i recommend astro installer for you and u negotiate with him about the installation price. thanks.
+Quote Post
noddless
post Apr 23 2013, 02:02 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 23 2013, 01:36 PM)
hi, noddless.. can you PM me your contact no. or sms to 019-3932888. your question is hard to explain here. i call you and explain to you better. smile.gif
thanks man. PMed you.
+Quote Post
zie86
post Apr 27 2013, 01:49 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(noddless @ Apr 23 2013, 02:02 PM)
thanks man. PMed you.
Can PM me the procedure to subscribe Astro IPTV for existing Maxis Home Broadband (early bird - 118/mth).

Also want to know on :
1. How much will it cost for Super Pack RM125, still entitle for RM25 disc and 6% service tax waived as for new subscriber?
2. Any additional installation fee for Astro IPtv?

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 27 2013, 05:41 PM

Hi zie86, your current contract with maxis will be upgrade to rm148. So your package rm118 will no longer exist.

As long as u subscribe SuperPack with maxis fiber, u will entitle rm25 discount n 6% gst waived.

For installation fees, standard installation will be rm300 but if u can use auto debit or pay 6 months advance, installation will be FOC.

U just sent your particular to astro@arista.my then we will register for u.
I need your details as follow:-

Name
Nric
Email
Contact
Installation address
Package subscribe
Existing astro / maxis fiber a/c no.
+Quote Post
zie86
post Apr 27 2013, 10:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Apr 27 2013, 05:41 PM)
Hi zie86, your current contract with maxis will be upgrade to rm148. So your package rm118 will no longer exist.

As long as u subscribe SuperPack with maxis fiber, u will entitle rm25 discount n 6% gst waived.

For installation fees, standard installation will be rm300 but if u can use auto debit or pay 6 months advance, installation will be FOC.

U just sent your particular to astro@arista.my then we will register for u.
I need your details as follow:-

Name
Nric
Email
Contact
Installation address
Package subscribe
Existing astro / maxis fiber a/c no.
That not worth for my point of view. I'm happy with my 10Mbps at RM118.

I rather not change if need to subscribe for RM148 package, I have to fork out additional RM30 and reset my contract to another 24mths just to enjoy rm25 disc and 6% gst waived.

If I take Astro package, I only pay RM125 for Superpack regardless of the 6% gst tax.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 28 2013, 01:31 AM

Yes.. Is depend on your needs. You are the decision maker.

If u take normal superpack, rm125 + 6%gst = rm132.50

If interested, sent your info to astro@arista.my.

Thanks
+Quote Post
fyrooz4125
post Apr 28 2013, 05:55 AM

Hi, currently I am an Astro Beyond HD subscriber. Do I have to terminate my current Astro account first before I can subscribe to this Maxis+Astro IPTV package ?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 28 2013, 11:06 AM

Beside, is your contract still exist or expired and izzit under Time?

If under time, maxis cantngo in.

If u subscribe, we just upgrade and your contract refresh
+Quote Post
fyrooz4125
post Apr 28 2013, 12:42 PM

I don't think it is under Time as I just upgrade it three months ago to a basic Beyond package. Just add HD channel only.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 28 2013, 06:02 PM

oh.. then ok, then u can apply the Astro Maxis IPTV.

pls sent me your full detail as follow to astro@arista.my

name
nric
contact
email
installation address
existing astro a/c no.

thanks.

+Quote Post
xelamil
post Apr 28 2013, 07:23 PM

Getting Started

hi

Can you clarify this point:

The high speed fibre internet provided by Maxis offer a choice of 10Mbps, 20Mbps and 30Mbps. 10Mbps at RM148, 20Mbps at RM198, 30Mbps at RM248 with free unlimited downloads.

So the internet usage is unlimited? Totally, no quota? For how long? Any fine print T&C?

Last time I ask, Maxis Fiber Network 'unlimited' quota is 'until further notice'. Maxis wouldn't even guarantee that quota would not be implemented during the contract period.

thanks.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 29 2013, 11:52 AM

hi xelamil,

for your question, so far, the quota for download is still unlimited. totally no cap at the moment. if you ask when will it be capped, i not sure about this. but in printed material, Maxis must put until further notice.

let say about unifi, they also put "currently unlimited until further notice".. in legal term, MCMC required them to capped for the download quota for fair usage.

UNIFI has been long time for "unlimited until further notice". dont talk about unifi, same to Streamyx... until today also no capped.

so, if you want guarantee,no one will guarantee you..unifi, streamyx or maxis sure will tell you same think.. unlimited until further notice.

hope you understand my meaning and answer your question.

thanks.
+Quote Post
Abdul Rahman
post May 1 2013, 11:28 AM

Getting Started

so if I pay to set up the fibre at two locations... eg... one in KL and one in Johor... can I use the same account or must I set up two accounts and pay seperately...

asking because with astro only, all I need is to bring the decoder..... and I can have astro anywhere... all I need is a dish
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 1 2013, 12:33 PM

If u subscribe to astro iptv, then u must install fiber optic cable. So whichmean, both house also will have fiber optic n and astro decoder. And u paying for two house subscription fees.

If so, why u still need to bring your decoder from 1 house to another?

Even with dish also, if u have your own dish in kl n jb, just bring your sim card will do provided you also have decoder in JB.

Hope i answer your query. U can call or sms me at 019-3932888 for more detail
+Quote Post
ethanpoh
post May 1 2013, 05:36 PM

Hi... 24 months contract is fix?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 1 2013, 10:24 PM

Hi, yes.. Contract is 24 months
+Quote Post
Abdul Rahman
post May 4 2013, 02:07 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ May 1 2013, 12:33 PM)
If u subscribe to astro iptv, then u must install fiber optic cable. So whichmean, both house also will have fiber optic n and astro decoder. And u paying for two house subscription fees.

If so, why u still need to bring your decoder from 1 house to another?

Even with dish also, if u have your own dish in kl n jb, just bring your sim card will do provided you also have decoder in JB.

Hope i answer your query. U can call or sms me at 019-3932888 for more detail
so two subscription fees for the same service? that sucks

that's example only...because using normal astro all you have to do is bring the sim card + decoder and provided u have another dish you can pretty much watch astro anywhere in Malaysia
+Quote Post
stanum
post May 6 2013, 09:11 PM

On my way

i already filled up the E-Form,

just want to ask, if using maxis fiber, so no more using dish? or still using dish on top of maxis fiber?
+Quote Post
gogetter83
post May 6 2013, 10:04 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 19 2013, 03:15 PM)
no, because the iptv is connected to fiber modem or router via wifi or LAN cable.
please be accurate about this, iptv (live channels) is not supported over wifi. Only LAN cable. The wifi for decoder (as of now, I know only using external dongle, no built-in) is used for VOD only.
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post May 6 2013, 11:37 PM

Getting Started

Hi gogetter83, we already have new decoder for iptv with maxis. It is built in wifi and no longer using dongle.

As far we attended the training by both vendor, Either wifi or LAN can watch astro. But in my knowledge, LAN is stable than WIFI.

stanum, yes, we received your application form. We will submit to system asap
+Quote Post
ming2020
post May 9 2013, 03:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Hi , application sent, pls try to install by tmrw if possible thx.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 10 2013, 11:29 AM

Hi, ming2020.. We received your detail. However, we still need your ic copy. Pls fax to 0380602999 or email to astro@arista.my

We need astro to create your account only able to install. I cant promise u for installation as at todate. But when astro create your account, i can comfirm when to install. Tq
+Quote Post
echoesian
post May 12 2013, 11:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 18 2013, 02:55 PM)

thanks.
Are you sure the Astro decoder has built in WiFi? I thought streaming HD channel would be a challenge using wireless?

+Quote Post
cyphuell
post May 15 2013, 10:26 AM

any review for this service? eager to know.. hehehe smile.gif

+Quote Post
yihling
post May 15 2013, 05:18 PM

y the staff who work for astro told me that dis plan only for condo, still nt available for landed housing ???
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 16 2013, 05:22 PM

hi echoesian, the new decoder is built in WIFI.. but in any condition.. LAN is better than WIFI. Thats why when installer come, they will install next to the decoder with modem.

hi cyphuell, so far, no one had installed the IPTV yet. currently we keyin into system and wait astro official launch the product in coming week. so, when it official launch, u no need wait longer for installation. for your info, currently whole malaysia got about 10k in queue list.

hi yihling, as far as we know(after gone thru training from astro), as long as your area have the Maxis fiber internet or so called UNIFI area, you can subscribe to the astro IPTV bundle package.

for more info, please call or sms into 019-3932888 or email us at astro@arista.my

thanks.

+Quote Post
fuzzy86
post May 17 2013, 11:50 AM

inquiry if im already an astro beyond subscriber and my contact with astro already expired,

what do i need to do with my current astro account?
do i need to go to astro service center to update my account to iptv with maxis?
or maxis will do it for me upon registration?
how to update the auto debit with astro if i want to waive the 300 installation fee...

my friend now having difficulty to contact the astro iptv and he been asked to go to astro himselft to update the astro auto debit and account... please confirm!!

This post has been edited by fuzzy86: May 17 2013, 12:04 PM
+Quote Post
fuzzy86
post May 17 2013, 11:53 AM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ May 16 2013, 05:22 PM)
hi cyphuell, so far, no one had installed the IPTV yet. currently we keyin into system and wait astro official launch the product in coming week. so, when it official launch, u no need wait longer for installation. for your info, currently whole malaysia got about 10k in queue list.
and about your reply to cyphuell... no one had installed the IPTV? and the queue is 10k?

they said installation will be in 2 weeks time of registration...
meaning upon installation for maxis fiber and iptv... we wont get the astro package yet?
just the broadband?

This post has been edited by fuzzy86: May 17 2013, 11:59 AM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 17 2013, 02:25 PM

hi fuzzy86,
the IPTV bundle with Maxis package is applicable to new applicant. so if you want to entitle to it, u need to cancel your current subscription first. if you are under contract then we will upgrade for you.

you no need so hassle went to maxis or astro.. just apply thru us. we will register for you. we will give u a form and u keyin your CC detail into the form then we submit to astro system so your installation fees is waived.

if your friend already a astro subcriber, yes, he has to go astro to verify the CC detail. but if you apply with us now and submit together with the application, u no need go to their shop.

for the installation, astro will install one short. together with fiber internet and IPTV. so far, they not even installed in any single applicant yet due to some problem.
if you want to use internet 1st, we will ask them install Maxis fiber 1st then when IPTV available, we upgrade it for you.
+Quote Post
kenrain
post May 17 2013, 05:13 PM

Hi,

I am having my unifi bill paid by company currently. I wanted Astro IPTV but wanted to know if I am able to separate the bill of internet fibre and astro? I need to submit the printed bill to company to pay for me while I pay myself for the Astro fee. If possible, can you send me the sample bill of Astro IPTV?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 18 2013, 02:30 AM

Hi, the astro iptv and maxis bill is together. All billed under astro letterhead. You can just ask your company reimburse the fiber internet to u. So far, we have no sample for the bill yet.
+Quote Post
kenrain
post May 19 2013, 02:35 AM

The thing is that they will pay the fibre internet part. For example my astro IPTV is due on 15 of every month but I only pay RM 100 every month, for example, and my company pay the fibre internet once every 2 months for RM 148 x 2. Will it be a problem for my case?
+Quote Post
normaron
post May 20 2013, 03:44 PM

Getting Started

If register now how long will be the queue?
+Quote Post
cyberazi
post May 21 2013, 08:41 AM

crap maxi do not cover my area yet

taman Bukit indah 2 in johor bahru
+Quote Post
dcwhz83
post May 29 2013, 05:10 PM

Getting Started

if i take the maxis 10MB and IPTV superpack 3 which adds up to total of RM278 per mth, do i have any fixed phone line that i can make/receive calls? or do i need to topup?
+Quote Post
Deznom
post May 30 2013, 01:58 PM

Getting Started

hi.. I'm interested in this.. but I was wondering if the set up is similar to Unifi, where your PC needs to be close or next to the TV for the installation as I am currently not using the IPTV for unifi
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 30 2013, 03:15 PM

QUOTE(dcwhz83 @ May 29 2013, 05:10 PM)
if i take the maxis 10MB and IPTV superpack 3 which adds up to total of RM278 per mth, do i have any fixed phone line that i can make/receive calls? or do i need to topup?
Hi dcwhz83,

You can subscribe maxis phone package for RM20 per month and you will receive RM30 credit worth amount and enjoy unlimited phone calls to maxis fixed line.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post May 30 2013, 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Deznom @ May 30 2013, 01:58 PM)
hi.. I'm interested in this.. but I was wondering if the set up is similar to Unifi, where your PC needs to be close or next to the TV for the installation as I am currently not using the IPTV for unifi
Hi Deznom,

As long as the Astro decoder device can be connect to the lan cable will do.
+Quote Post
Eight_8
post May 30 2013, 10:53 PM

Getting Started

Is this package still not yet lauch and we can pre register only?
+Quote Post
silverdolpin
post May 31 2013, 09:53 PM

Now my house is having streamyx and astro. If I want to subscribe this package, do I need to terminate both these services first? And I wanna to know if my first bill is in full amount even I start using this package by middle or end of the month?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 1 2013, 10:59 AM

QUOTE(Eight_8 @ May 30 2013, 10:53 PM)
Is this package still not yet lauch and we can pre register only?
Hi Eight_8,

Actually, the package has been officially launched and it's open for registration now. If interested, kindly drop us your application to astro@arista.my. We will help you to process your application.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 1 2013, 11:06 AM

QUOTE(silverdolpin @ May 31 2013, 09:53 PM)
Now my house is having streamyx and astro. If I want to subscribe this package, do I need to terminate both these services first? And I wanna to know if my first bill is in full amount even I start using this package by middle or end of the month?
Hi silverdolpin,

If both contract has been expired, you can just terminate it. We will confirm the installation date before come to your house for installation, therefore before a day you can just terminate the both service. The bill will be pro-rated basis based on your activation date.
+Quote Post
arren86
post Jun 3 2013, 12:06 AM

Getting Started

Is there any existing users here with Maxis and Astro IPTV?

I was told by a guy in Astro kiosk that this services not yet available until June 2013. Which is right now!
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 3 2013, 01:11 PM

ya, it's true.. We as dealer also received notice from Astro Technician that the installation shall be resume started mid of June'13. So those who has subscribed to us, pls be patient, we will advice you the date of installation once we get confirmation from Astro.

Meanwhile, if you all can't wait to have internet usage, pls do let us know, we can help you to install the Maxis Fibre 10Mbps (RM148) first and thereafter upgrade to Astro IPTV. Pls send your details to maxis@arista.my

thank you.
+Quote Post
karheng
post Jun 4 2013, 12:48 PM

On my way

i'm interested in maxis fibre + iptv also.
But i think since i'm staying at condo, it is not possible to use this if i want multi room.
I'm currently using Astro SP3( RM155 ) with multi room ( RM50 ) + 6%
No unifi, but unifi/maxis fibre ready.

I think i better apply maxis fibre itself, mean it's only install at living hall near to TV. As long with the 10Mbps, my internet speed can better, if iptv are there ( 2 decoder watching HD channel at the same time ), do you think the speed for internet will slow down?
i think i prefer keep my astro account separately. The discount RM25 look nice, but worried it will slow down my speed because of astro iptv.

for other who are interested in multiroom,
my advise is, since the condo may not possible to install multi room, but actually you all can apply for maxis fibre + IPTV( eg.SP3 ). And then after 1 month, apply Astro multiroom, RM50/month, they will come and install dish ( cable from outside to decoder ) +decoder ( maybe not PVR ), this should work. ( of course don't complaint cannot witch during heavy rain. )
This is better because your internet speed will be only use for 1 IPTV.

as i know, Media Prima Channels (NTV7, TV3, TV8 and TV9), TV Al-hijrah (Ch114) and TVi (Ch180) are not available for iptv.

This post has been edited by karheng: Jun 4 2013, 12:54 PM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 5 2013, 11:00 AM

Multi-room is only available for condo under Maxis infrastructure but not applicable under TM infrastructure.

We also help to process for Maxis Fibre installation, if interested kindly email your details to maxis@arista.my for us to process for you.

Thks for your above info.

This post has been edited by AristaEmpire: Jun 5 2013, 11:00 AM
+Quote Post
karheng
post Jun 6 2013, 05:55 PM

On my way

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jun 5 2013, 11:00 AM)
Multi-room is only available for condo under Maxis infrastructure but not applicable under TM infrastructure.

We also help to process for Maxis Fibre installation, if interested kindly email your details to maxis@arista.my for us to process for you.

Thks for your above info.
Is the decoder same with the normal b.yond decoder? I'm thinking switch / or terminate my astro ( with multiroom ). Then apply for maxis fibre + astro iptv.
Then use the new decoder and plug the old astro cable+old dish. Do you think it can be done? So my multiroom also can use old cable to watch. I don't mind rain problem. Also don't want it connect to modem/internet.

not sure, maybe the iptv decoder only can be connect to LAN? Who already install can answer me?
That will save my astro bill also if can. ( -RM25 )+ 6% tax

This post has been edited by karheng: Jun 6 2013, 05:57 PM
+Quote Post
yiyibrowers
post Jun 10 2013, 12:54 AM

Enthusiast

i stay at condo and my tv far from my pc then my main phone socket also far from tv.... any explain any method for it???
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 11 2013, 12:28 PM

QUOTE(karheng @ Jun 6 2013, 05:55 PM)
Is the decoder same with the normal b.yond decoder? I'm thinking switch / or terminate my astro ( with multiroom ). Then apply for maxis fibre + astro iptv.
Then use the new decoder and plug the old astro cable+old dish. Do you think it can be done? So my multiroom also can use old cable to watch. I don't mind rain problem. Also don't want it connect to modem/internet.

not sure, maybe the iptv decoder only can be connect to LAN? Who already install can answer me?
That will save my astro bill also if can. ( -RM25 )+ 6% tax
Hi Karheng,

Astro IPTV are using PVR decoder which can be connected to LAN.

If you subscribe with Astro IPTV and your area is not covered under Maxis insfrastructure, multi-room definitely not available at the moment as per our Astro Technician and also Astro won't allow you to subscribe multi-room service under the same Account (with Astro IPTV) because I believe the setting will be different for Astro IPTV & normal satellite dish decoder.

As Astro IPTV still new in Malaysia, maybe later sometime, but not guarantee, the multi-room service might be available in future for TM infrastructure.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 11 2013, 12:31 PM

QUOTE(yiyibrowers @ Jun 10 2013, 12:54 AM)
i stay at condo and my tv far from my pc then my main phone socket also far from tv.... any explain any method for it???
Hi,

You will need to buy a the extra length cable that can connect your LAN & decoder.
+Quote Post
pAcAq
post Jun 12 2013, 12:25 AM

hi, i've subscribed to maxis home fibre 10mbps plus astro iptv superpack 1, already installed and activated on monday, so glad after waiting for more than a month for installation, however, one question, it seems that i am entitled for astro select package (hbo family, hbo signature, comedy central etc) but when i go to the said channel using remote, it says that im not subscribe to it, how am i going to know whether i am actually subscribed to it or not?

+Quote Post
CuriOu5
post Jun 12 2013, 12:25 PM

Getting Started

On the maxis phone, how long will we have to wait for it to be connected. Does the PVR comes with 500GB hard disk or do we need to buy external hdd. Any monthly charges on the recording service.

This post has been edited by CuriOu5: Jun 12 2013, 12:30 PM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 13 2013, 06:15 PM

Once Maxis came to your house and installed and your phone is connected.

If you subscribe to Astro IPTV, the decoder already come with 500gb which can record up to 300hours of programme so you not necessary to purchase external hard disk and the recording service is free of charge.
+Quote Post
CuriOu5
post Jun 15 2013, 12:02 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jun 13 2013, 07:15 PM)
Once Maxis came to your house and installed and your phone is connected.

If you subscribe to Astro IPTV, the decoder already come with 500gb which can record up to 300hours of programme so you not necessary to purchase external hard disk and the recording service is free of charge.
Where do I go to register and choose number. Go to Maxis service centre?

Thanks
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 16 2013, 11:06 AM

hi CuriOu5, you can call to Maxis Home Customer service to get your prefer phone line number. as what we know, you only able to choose last 4 digit number. if you change a number after choosing it, they will charge you RM25 per change of phone number.

for example:-
they give you no. is 03-58871234 and u want to change to 03-58871235.. they will charge you RM25. after few months of days.. then u want to change to new no, same.. they also will charge you same price.

hope this answer your question. if you have any enquiry, please forward us an email to astro@arista.my if regarding IPTV matter or MAxis Home Fiber to maxis@arista.my

our team will assist you on this matter.

thanks.
steve
+Quote Post
djronzai
post Jun 17 2013, 05:03 PM

KL ron

just one question, if i subscribe with the maxis fibre, but the internet connection is down, am i still able to watch astro channel?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 17 2013, 08:29 PM

hi djronzai,
so sorry.. when connection is down.. u cant watch astro.. coz your decoder is connected to Maxis Fiber Internet.
+Quote Post
imran
post Jun 18 2013, 11:34 AM

Getting Started

hi, may i know how bout satisfaction about this service ?
+Quote Post
pAcAq
post Jun 18 2013, 04:03 PM

QUOTE(imran @ Jun 18 2013, 11:34 AM)
hi, may i know how bout satisfaction about this service ?
finally got the additional channels for hbo family, hbo signature, hbo hits, comedy central and wetv, i havent done anything but suddenly its on, quite satisfied with the astro, but maxis sometimes the speed seems to slow down a bit
+Quote Post
imran
post Jun 18 2013, 04:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pAcAq @ Jun 18 2013, 04:03 PM)
finally got the additional channels for hbo family, hbo signature, hbo hits, comedy central and wetv, i havent done anything but suddenly its on, quite satisfied with the astro, but maxis sometimes the speed seems to slow down a bit
so far for internet, it's ok their connection ?
+Quote Post
Eight_8
post Jun 18 2013, 09:56 PM

Getting Started

Can it install on hybrid mode? and how its work....

+Quote Post
CuriOu5
post Jun 18 2013, 10:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pAcAq @ Jun 18 2013, 05:03 PM)
If using speednet test what is the upload/download speed
+Quote Post
CuriOu5
post Jun 18 2013, 10:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jun 16 2013, 12:06 PM)
hi CuriOu5, you can call to Maxis Home Customer service to get your prefer phone line number. as what we know, you only able to choose last 4 digit number. if you change a number after choosing it, they will charge you RM25 per change of phone number.

for example:-
they give you no. is 03-58871234 and u want to change to 03-58871235.. they will charge you RM25. after few months of days.. then u want to change to new no, same.. they also will charge  you same price.

hope this answer your question. if you have any enquiry, please forward us an email to astro@arista.my if regarding IPTV matter or MAxis Home Fiber to maxis@arista.my

our team will assist you on this matter.

thanks.
steve

Can't find Maxis Home Service number. Is it the same with Maxis Services centre number.
+Quote Post
CuriOu5
post Jun 19 2013, 03:59 PM

Getting Started

I am currently on Beyond HD package and has 6 months contract to go. Sometime in May Astro called to informed me that IPTV is available in my area. They also told me of the IPTV superpack promotion at RM248. I agreed to be upgraded. I have called Astro IPTV customer service today to confirm the package that I will have after installing the IPTV. There told me that my package will remain the same (ie current beyond package) and only with add on IPTV. I can only upgrade to the superpack only after the IPTV installation. Is that the case or do I have to call the Astro customer service instead to upgrade now.

This post has been edited by CuriOu5: Jun 19 2013, 04:01 PM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 20 2013, 11:22 AM

we also help to upgrade current package to Astro IPTV if your Astro still under contract.

we just need following details from you and email to astro@arista.my

1) applicant name & IC
2) installation address
3) contact no
4) existing astro account number / maxis fibre internet account no (if any)
5) email address
6) scanned / photocopy of applicant IC and cross to for Astro & Maxis Use Only
+Quote Post
khairullz
post Jun 24 2013, 09:18 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jun 20 2013, 11:22 AM)
we also help to upgrade current package to Astro IPTV if your Astro still under contract.

we just need following details from you and email to astro@arista.my

1) applicant name & IC
2) installation address
3) contact no
5) email address
hi,

i'm a maxis home fibre subscriber (without iptv coz not out yet), my question is, can I stop my maxis fibre contract without penalty with reason to go to astro iptv ( since it will be using the same maxis fibre package) .

i've asked the same question to astro operator last time, he promised me to call me back in 10 minutes, and its already more than a week still no news from that fella

i'm so sick waiting from last year for the iptv package, maxis promise will make it go live in may or jun 2013 but june is about to end and still nothing yet.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 25 2013, 01:52 PM

hi khairulllz,

if you're existing subscriber for maxis fiber that is still under contract, no penalty will charge to you to upgrade your package to Astro IPTV. However, pls bear in mind that, once you upgraded to Astro IPTV, you will be following the current charge as per new launched Astro IPTV. Your previous rebates/special priviledge or rates (if any) from previous contract will be ceased.

as we told by our Astro Technician that the installation has been resume but the installation are scheduled in batch therefore for those have signed up still have to wait approximately 2-3weeks for them to schedule installation.

if you need further clarification or submission, can email to us at astro@arista.my
+Quote Post
hschin28
post Jun 27 2013, 06:01 PM

Today just the 3rd day I have ASTRO IPTV (bundled with Maxis Home Fibre 10M) installed, but since yesterday I have been experiencing slow connection, though speedtest still have 5M download the TV was seriously lagging totally can't watch, called ASTRO last night until now even have been calling them a few times still no update, frankly disappointed with their service.

Also I found the TV will lag when I surf net the same time, surfing light contents is fine but sometimes will lag a bit, but when playing Candy Crush in FB or perform speedtest, download or BitTorrent it totally lagged, wonder anyone experience the same, any solution?

I have also reported this problem to them, but really have lost confidence to their support.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 27 2013, 06:40 PM

hi hschin28,

If in such case, you have to keep calling Astro and ask them to send a Technician to your house and check the connection for you. If Astro not answering your call, maybe you can try call Maxis Customer Service. For my past experience, Maxis customer service still quite friendly and hope they can help you on this matter.
+Quote Post
hschin28
post Jun 27 2013, 09:07 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jun 27 2013, 06:40 PM)
hi hschin28,

If in such case, you have to keep calling Astro and ask them to send a Technician to your house and check the connection for you. If Astro not answering your call, maybe you can try call Maxis Customer Service. For my past experience, Maxis customer service still quite friendly and hope they can help you on this matter.
Agreed, Maxis customer service is good, I did call them first however once you subscribed ASTRO IPTV all issues will be handled by ASTRO even though eventually this will be passed to Maxis too, the Maxis customer service hence instructed I have to call ASTRO.
+Quote Post
THEALB10N
post Jun 29 2013, 05:10 PM

Getting Started

I've had a quick look on the Maxis website and my address comes up on the availability check. I currently have unifi internet. Can I subscribe to maxis iptv?
Also will I have to pay a cancellation fee for my satellite astro subscription if I sign up to the IPTV service?
+Quote Post
z_c00l
post Jun 29 2013, 08:39 PM

Do they still charge 6% Government Tax?
I'm planning to subscribe Super Pack 3 with Broadband.
Salesman said that 6% will be waived.

Anyone here can verify?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 29 2013, 09:01 PM

QUOTE(THEALB10N @ Jun 29 2013, 05:10 PM)
I've had a quick look on the Maxis website and my address comes up on the availability check. I currently have unifi internet. Can I subscribe to maxis iptv?
Also will I have to pay a cancellation fee for my satellite astro subscription if I sign up to the IPTV service?
Hi,

Is your UNIFI still under contract? If you not bind any contract, then you may terminate your UNIFI service when the time Astro IPTV is ready for installation.

No penalty will be charge for existing Astro or Maxis subscriber who are still under contract. You just need to provide me your existing Astro and Maxis fibre internet account no for our submission into system.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jun 29 2013, 09:08 PM

QUOTE(z_c00l @ Jun 29 2013, 08:39 PM)
Do they still charge 6% Government Tax?
I'm planning to subscribe Super Pack 3 with Broadband.
Salesman said that 6% will be waived.

Anyone here can verify?
Hi,

Yes the 6% government service tax will be waived if you subscribe Astro IPTV - Maxis Fibre + any of superpack package now. Apart from that, you also can enjoy benefits as below:-

• Additional RM25 discount for all SuperPack Package every month
• FREE “Anytime Anywhere” Catch up VOD and Astro On-the-Go service (worth RM25)
• FREE HD & PVR Service (worth RM30 per month)
• FREE B.yond PVR decoder & accessories + modem

To apply, simply drop us email to astro@arista.my with following details:-

1) applicant name & IC
2) installation address
3) contact no
5) email address

+Quote Post
pAcAq
post Jul 1 2013, 03:02 PM

QUOTE(imran @ Jun 18 2013, 04:08 PM)
so far for internet, it's ok their connection ?
QUOTE(CuriOu5 @ Jun 18 2013, 10:46 PM)
If using speednet test what is the upload/download speed
sorry for late reply, internet depends on timing i guess, in the morning before going to work speed is about 10-11mbps, in evening about 9.5-9.7 and night is worse, about 5-8 mbps (i use the 10mbps package). however, upload seems to maintain 9-10mbps so far
+Quote Post
enaleni
post Jul 1 2013, 05:33 PM

Getting Started

sorry to ask.... if i take this package and done with installation and after that find out that maxis fibre more worse than can i terminate it or still bound with 2 years contract?

tq.
+Quote Post
imran
post Jul 2 2013, 11:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pAcAq @ Jul 1 2013, 03:02 PM)
sorry for late reply, internet depends on timing i guess, in the morning before going to work speed is about 10-11mbps, in evening about 9.5-9.7 and night is worse, about 5-8 mbps (i use the 10mbps package). however, upload seems to maintain 9-10mbps so far
wahhh..not bad laa..
ur housing area is good. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 2 2013, 12:42 PM

QUOTE(enaleni @ Jul 1 2013, 05:33 PM)
sorry to ask.... if i take this package and done with installation and after that find out that maxis fibre more worse than can i terminate it or still bound with 2 years contract?

tq.
hi,

you can seek advice from either Astro/Maxis Technician first. If they really can't solve your problem then maybe you can try to submit appeal to them for early termination. However, this very depend at their final discretion because the contract is bind for 2 years.
+Quote Post
enaleni
post Jul 2 2013, 02:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 2 2013, 12:42 PM)
hi,

you can seek advice from either Astro/Maxis Technician first. If they really can't solve your problem then maybe you can try to submit appeal to them for early termination. However, this very depend at their final discretion because the contract is bind for 2 years.
so far after installation this package are they many satisfied customer about the internet connection? because when i read in this forum many post out the negative feedback than any positive??? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 2 2013, 06:30 PM

Maybe this Astro IPTV still new to Maxis and most condo/property are using TM infrastructure so they might facing some technical problems and their Technicians need time to cater it. Also one of the reason why the installation need to queue so long from now. There are limited Technicians can be arranged for such installations.

Maxis Fibre internet connection itself so far is good. None of my customer complaint so far. They just complaint about the Astro IPTV connection only.

I have a customer just installed Astro IPTV also having problem but after that been fixed by TM engineers. It was caused by copper line connected to phone socket. Initially it was blue + white lines connecting the socket but according to TM line in different colour has different strength of signal and normally blue + white is enough for phone, fax, and 5Mbps internet. However, when it comes to Maxis, the minimum is 10M and needs orange + white lines instead. No matter how, if got problem must let their Technician check first only can confirm.

This post has been edited by AristaEmpire: Jul 2 2013, 06:35 PM
+Quote Post
haziq193
post Jul 3 2013, 12:00 AM

is the optic fibre service is really from maxis itself? i doubt on it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 5 2013, 12:39 PM

it's depends.. some of the recently build condo in damansara/mont kiara/KLCC area are the own build sites by Maxis. but most area are using nowadays are using TM infrastructure whereby normally fibre optic cable was laid in our street is by TM (unless it's own build site by Maxis) and when come to installation frm outside DB to your house will be fibre optic cable install by Maxis.
+Quote Post
zeese
post Jul 9 2013, 03:52 PM

Warning Level

Hi!
Can I use astro IPTV but using unifi line?

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 9 2013, 05:01 PM

QUOTE(zeese @ Jul 9 2013, 03:52 PM)
Hi!
Can I use astro IPTV but using unifi line?
Hi,

Astro IPTV only bundle together with Maxis Fibre internet.

In order to subscribe for Astro IPTV, you need to terminate your UNIFI then only can apply for Astro IPTV.

Thks.
+Quote Post
pu27
post Jul 11 2013, 10:21 AM

Getting Started

Hi there, I know the FTTH has a 24mths contract. What about the astro? Is it 24mths too? or is it different from the FTTH subscription?
there are some questions I have giving the circumstances below:

1) Let's say I signed up for 10mbps (RM148) + Astro value pack (RM75). After a few months of subscription(still within 24mths contract) I feel like terminating the astro value pack and remain only the internet subscription, is there any penalty or charges for the "astro only termination"? Or I'm not even allowed to terminate only the astro subscription?

2) Within 24mths contract, am I allowed to upgrade from astro value pack to (e.g Super pack); or downgrade from Super pack to value pack? If this is allowed, what are the charges for upgrading/downgrading? What is the new monthly subscription fee I'll need to pay after the upgrading/downgrading?
+Quote Post
fadzly
post Jul 14 2013, 04:55 PM

Getting Started

Bloody hell maxis. Our 118 home fibre come with free idd, free call and many things. Maxis should allow the previous home fibre owner to just add onthe iptv instead.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 14 2013, 11:34 PM

QUOTE(pu27 @ Jul 11 2013, 10:21 AM)
Hi there, I know the FTTH has a 24mths contract. What about the astro? Is it 24mths too? or is it different from the FTTH subscription?
there are some questions I have giving the circumstances below:

1) Let's say I signed up for 10mbps (RM148) + Astro value pack (RM75). After a few months of subscription(still within 24mths contract) I feel like terminating the astro value pack and remain only the internet subscription, is there any penalty or charges for the "astro only termination"? Or I'm not even allowed to terminate only the astro subscription?

2) Within 24mths contract, am I allowed to upgrade from astro value pack to (e.g Super pack); or downgrade from Super pack to value pack? If this is allowed, what are the charges for upgrading/downgrading? What is the new monthly subscription fee I'll need to pay after the upgrading/downgrading?
Hi pu27,

1) If a you terminates the Astro Services in accordance with this General Terms and Conditions, but elects to retain the Maxis Services, the Service Provider may, at its discretion, transfer the administration of the Customer’s account to Maxis or vice versa. However, Customer shall remain liable to pay the Service Provider the full Subscription Fees, and other Charges, for the entire billing month in which the suspension or termination occurred. It's not advisable you terminate package that's within contract, certainly the service provider will penalty for the early termination.

2) Downgrade package may be available but will be charged an admin fee. You need to call up to Customer Service to check the total admin fee need to pay as this vary depend how many mths of contract you left and how much amount you downgrade from your existing subscription. No charges for upgrading your package.

This post has been edited by AristaEmpire: Jul 15 2013, 12:13 AM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 14 2013, 11:57 PM

QUOTE(fadzly @ Jul 14 2013, 04:55 PM)
Bloody hell maxis. Our 118 home fibre come with free idd, free call and many things. Maxis should allow the previous home fibre owner to just add onthe iptv instead.
Hi,

For existing user who wish too upgrade to Astro IPTV, their existing contract will be superseded and therefore customer have to bind with new contract with new rate. This is because Astro IPTV is new product and it's bundle together Maxis & Astro, so in their system already fixed the package price. So whomever want to sign up the Astro IPTV, all have to follow with the standard package price.

+Quote Post
fadzly
post Jul 15 2013, 01:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 14 2013, 11:57 PM)
Hi,

For existing user who wish too upgrade to Astro IPTV, their existing contract will be superseded and therefore customer have to bind with new contract with new rate. This is because Astro IPTV is new product and it's bundle together Maxis & Astro, so in their system already fixed the package price. So whomever want to sign up the Astro IPTV, all have to follow with the standard package price.
i just hope someone can get a trick or a way to enable existing home fibre to add on astro
+Quote Post
stevie_G
post Jul 15 2013, 04:17 PM

Hi Arista , finally got a call for installation date. I forget the guy told me to prepare 1 extension cord with 4 sockets , or 4 extension cords.

Could you clarify pls ? Thanks.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 15 2013, 05:03 PM

1 extension with 4 socket.

thanks..

+Quote Post
pu27
post Jul 15 2013, 05:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 14 2013, 11:34 PM)
Hi pu27,

1) If a you terminates the Astro Services in accordance with this General Terms and Conditions, but elects to retain the Maxis Services, the Service Provider may, at its discretion, transfer the administration of the Customer’s account to Maxis or vice versa. However, Customer shall remain liable to pay the Service Provider the full Subscription Fees, and other Charges, for the entire billing month in which the suspension or termination occurred. It's not advisable you terminate package that's within contract, certainly the service provider will penalty for the early termination.

2) Downgrade package may be available but will be charged an admin fee. You need to call up to Customer Service to check the total admin fee need to pay as this vary depend how many mths of contract you left and how much amount you downgrade from your existing subscription. No charges for upgrading your package.
Thx for the answers.

So, in short, the astro has a 24mths commitment contract too, and it is separated from the maxis contract. If I terminate the astro within the contract period I'll have to pay a penalty.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 16 2013, 04:06 PM

QUOTE(pu27 @ Jul 15 2013, 05:33 PM)
Thx for the answers.

So, in short, the astro has a 24mths commitment contract too, and it is separated from the maxis contract. If I terminate the astro within the contract period I'll have to pay a penalty.
Hi pu27,

Yes. You're right both Maxis + Astro = Astro IPTV have 24mths contract.
+Quote Post
stevie_G
post Jul 18 2013, 11:07 AM

Hi guys , anyone did non-standard installation ? icon_question.gif

Wanna know roughtly the fee , if I want to place the router in room A and decoder in room B (next door) , what is the charges like?
Also over the ceiling ..

Kindly share ... TQ

Thx Arista for the sockets info .

This post has been edited by stevie_G: Jul 18 2013, 11:08 AM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 18 2013, 11:45 AM

QUOTE(stevie_G @ Jul 18 2013, 11:07 AM)
Hi guys , anyone did non-standard installation ?  icon_question.gif

Wanna know roughtly the fee , if I want to place the router in room A and decoder in room B (next door) , what is the charges like?
Also over the ceiling ..

Kindly share ... TQ
Thx Arista for the sockets info .
Hi Stevie,

Astro IPTV decoder is not support WIFI, but you can pull the LAN cable to connect to your decoder over the ceiling.
+Quote Post
stevie_G
post Jul 18 2013, 02:34 PM

Thx Arista ,

How much roughly is the cost because the Astro staff told me over the phone it is direct negotiation between me and the contractor.

Therefore, I would need to know roughly how much is the cost so that I will not get slaughtered. Also anyone who done non-std installation kindly share too.

If I feel they over charge me , I may opt to decline the IPTV package.
Thx
+Quote Post
leongkk
post Jul 19 2013, 04:49 PM

So far the forum is about Maxis + Astro. May I know the same apply for Time + Astro? My area only served by Time
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 19 2013, 06:15 PM

QUOTE(stevie_G @ Jul 18 2013, 02:34 PM)
Thx Arista ,

How much roughly is the cost because the Astro staff told me over the phone it is direct negotiation between me and the contractor.

Therefore, I would need to know roughly how much is the cost so that I will not get slaughtered. Also anyone who done non-std installation kindly share too.

If I feel they over charge me , I may opt to decline the IPTV package.
Thx
Hi stevie,

You must negotiate the price first before the contractor can start do the cabling. Normally the contractors from Astro & Maxis have a non-standard installation chart to follow and depend how long the cabling works to be done. So I can't advice how much the cost. Attached guidelines for your reference:-

Attached Image

If you afraid they over-charged you maybe you can engage your own contractor and get the LAN cable ready before they come installation on your unit.

To subscribe, simply drop us emails with your details as below to astro@arista.my

1) applicant name & NRIC
2) contact no
3) installation address
4) email address
5) photocopy/scanned/photo captured frm your smart phone NRIC. Cross to Astro & Maxis Use Only

Thank you.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 19 2013, 06:20 PM

QUOTE(leongkk @ Jul 19 2013, 04:49 PM)
So far the forum is about Maxis + Astro. May I know the same apply for Time + Astro? My area only served by Time
Hi,

We are authorised dealer from Astro & Maxis Only

+Quote Post
leongkk
post Jul 20 2013, 08:10 AM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 19 2013, 06:20 PM)
Hi,

We are authorised dealer from Astro & Maxis Only
I plan to install the fibre optic receiver and the astro decoder at separate location. Am I right that the fibre optic will connect to the fibre optic receiver while will use Cat5 LAN cables to connect from the fibre optic receiver to the WiFi router and astro decoder?
+Quote Post
herryx
post Jul 22 2013, 01:50 AM

Hi,

This subscription is 24 months contract. My question

1.How if in this contract period I’m move to other house. How much relocation fees.

2.How if my new house area, MAXIS not support coverage. For ASTRO sure should be no problem.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 23 2013, 11:52 AM

QUOTE(herryx @ Jul 22 2013, 01:50 AM)
Hi,

This subscription is 24 months contract. My question

1.How if in this contract period I’m move to other house. How much relocation fees.

2.How if my new house area, MAXIS not support  coverage. For ASTRO sure should be no problem.
Hi,

You will need to provide documented proof of your relocation such as a utility bill for the new house that is addressed to you at the new address.

If we are able to offer Maxis Home Fibre Internet with Astro B.yond IPTV in the new location or if you wish to continue with Astro satellite TV service in your new home because IPTV service is not available, we will relocate the service for a fee of RM500. This fee will be reflected in your monthly bill and the contract period of 24 months will start anew from date of relocation.

If we are unable to offer either the IPTV service or Astro satellite TV service in the new location, a termination penalty will apply and subject to the discretion of Maxis/Astro.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 23 2013, 11:56 AM

QUOTE(leongkk @ Jul 20 2013, 08:10 AM)
I plan to install the fibre optic receiver and the astro decoder at separate location. Am I right that the fibre optic will connect to the fibre optic receiver while will use Cat5 LAN cables to connect from the fibre optic receiver to the WiFi router and astro decoder?
Hi leongkk,

It's better that you seek advice from your Technician first to done the installation for you to avoid any mistakes you made. We're hard to explain to you here and normally Technician will did the part. Hope you understand.
+Quote Post
herryx
post Jul 26 2013, 07:17 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 23 2013, 11:52 AM)
Hi,

You will need to provide documented proof of your relocation such as a utility bill for the new house that is addressed to you at the new address.

If we are able to offer Maxis Home Fibre Internet with Astro B.yond IPTV in the new location or if you wish to continue with Astro satellite TV service in your new home because IPTV service is not available, we will relocate the service for a fee of RM500. This fee will be reflected in your monthly bill and the contract period of 24 months will start anew from date of relocation.

If we are unable to offer either the IPTV service or Astro satellite TV service in the new location, a termination penalty will apply and subject to the discretion of Maxis/Astro.
hmmm,

termination penalty will apply? seems this not fair to customer. Cause this not customer fault. Customer still wanna used the facility but provider unable to provide. Why penalty must be paid by customer. You guys should review this term.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 27 2013, 10:38 AM

QUOTE(herryx @ Jul 26 2013, 07:17 PM)
hmmm,

termination penalty will apply? seems this not fair to customer. Cause this not customer fault. Customer still wanna used the facility but provider unable to provide. Why penalty must be paid by customer. You guys should review this term.
Hi,

This are the term & cond set by Astro & Maxis and they won't state on the term & cond that all this charge will be waived as some of ppl might be abuse it. However, for the termination penalty, you can still appeal at their service centre and they might accept with reasonable reason but I cant guarantee on this as this subject to the discretion of their management. Hope you understand.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
nizamalphas
post Jul 27 2013, 01:17 PM

Hi,

Just wondering, if high rise houses, the connection is using fiber or VDSL copper ?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 28 2013, 03:24 PM

QUOTE(nizamalphas @ Jul 27 2013, 01:17 PM)
Hi,

Just wondering, if high rise houses, the connection is using fiber or VDSL copper ?
hi,

+Quote Post
nizamalphas
post Jul 30 2013, 01:08 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 28 2013, 04:24 PM)
hi,

So practically , the cost is lesser using vds isn't ?

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Jul 31 2013, 12:06 PM

QUOTE(nizamalphas @ Jul 30 2013, 01:08 PM)
So practically , the cost is lesser using vds isn't ?
Hi,

normally condo does not required long cable (modem can placed besides your phone/LAN) or drilling and therefore it's classified as standard installation.

+Quote Post
swyao
post Aug 1 2013, 05:22 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Jul 2 2013, 06:30 PM)
Maybe this Astro IPTV still new to Maxis and most condo/property are using TM infrastructure so they might facing some technical problems and their Technicians need time to cater it. Also one of the reason why the installation need to queue so long from now. There are limited Technicians can be arranged for such installations.

Maxis Fibre internet connection itself so far is good. None of my customer complaint so far. They just complaint about the Astro IPTV connection only.

I have a customer just installed Astro IPTV also having problem but after that been fixed by TM engineers. It was caused by copper line connected to phone socket. Initially it was blue + white lines connecting the socket but according to TM line in different colour has different strength of signal and normally blue + white is enough for phone, fax, and 5Mbps internet. However, when it comes to Maxis, the minimum is 10M and needs orange + white lines instead. No matter how, if got problem must let their Technician check first only can confirm.
Astro Technician came to my condo today supposingly for installation of Maxis Fiber and Astro IPTV. When he look at my place, he said got problem. He told me Maxis Fibre uses RJ45 connection and not phone line. Some more he say need to pull network cable, drill hole here and there from riser room all the way to my unit.

My Unifi contract ended yesterday, which I terminated already (after being loyal to them for 2 years). Now only tell me Maxis cannot use the telephone line like what Unifi did previously. WTF? WTF? WTF? vmad.gif

Now I'm broadband-less cry.gif
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 2 2013, 11:07 AM

QUOTE(swyao @ Aug 1 2013, 05:22 PM)
Astro Technician came to my condo today supposingly for installation of Maxis Fiber and Astro IPTV. When he look at my place, he said got problem. He told me Maxis Fibre uses RJ45 connection and not phone line. Some more he say need to pull network cable, drill hole here and there from riser room all the way to my unit.

My Unifi contract ended yesterday, which I terminated already (after being loyal to them for 2 years). Now only tell me Maxis cannot use the telephone line like what Unifi did previously. WTF? WTF? WTF?  vmad.gif

Now I'm broadband-less  cry.gif
Hi,

Normally condo is using VDSL connection which means is using the telephone line. As previously you are using unifi with the phone line, then Maxis Fibre shld be do it in the same way. Then the Astro decoder can be connected to the LAN & the modem.

Have you lodge complaint to Astro Customer Service that why the technician required u to perform additional drilling works? Did the technician charge u extra if perform this works? How much?
+Quote Post
swyao
post Aug 2 2013, 05:05 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 2 2013, 11:07 AM)
Hi,

Normally condo is using VDSL connection which means is using the telephone line. As previously you are using unifi with the phone line, then Maxis Fibre shld be do it in the same way. Then the Astro decoder can be connected to the LAN & the modem.

Have you lodge complaint to Astro Customer Service that why the technician required u to perform additional drilling works? Did the technician charge u extra if perform this works? How much?
He did not install. He went back!
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 2 2013, 10:47 PM

QUOTE(swyao @ Aug 2 2013, 05:05 PM)
He did not install. He went back!
Hi,

Maybe you call up to Astro Customer Service to complaint about this and ask them send other Technician for you.
+Quote Post
FyQaKamarolZaman
post Aug 3 2013, 08:27 PM

Hi. Currently i am astro beyond user. Now i want to change to astro iptv. May i know the procedure and also charges? Moreover, can i use this at malacca?
+Quote Post
swyao
post Aug 3 2013, 09:40 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 2 2013, 10:47 PM)
Hi,

Maybe you call up to Astro Customer Service to complaint about this and ask them send other Technician for you.
Called up both Maxis and Astro Customer Service. I did not complain but seek clarification on the installation.
1st call is to Maxis. They explain for Maxis broadband, the telephone line is enough. But for IPTV, need to refer to Astro Customer Service @ 03 - 9543 1543.
Called Astro Customer Service. The Astro guy confirm that for Astro IPTV, it require to use network/ethernet cable. Telephone cable cannot cater for the speed require by Astro. Thus, regardless landed property or condo, it's still require to use network cable.

Anyone else can verify this??? blink.gif

Looks like I will be stuck with just Maxis broadband; with no Astro package. Haih... cry.gif

Regards,
Jason
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 3 2013, 11:19 PM

QUOTE(FyQaKamarolZaman @ Aug 3 2013, 08:27 PM)
Hi. Currently i am astro beyond user. Now i want to change to astro iptv. May i know the procedure and also charges? Moreover, can i use this at malacca?
Hi,

Is ur Astro still under contract?

Can u PM me your hse address, i nd to check whether ur hse address is available with network.

Thks.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 3 2013, 11:46 PM

QUOTE(swyao @ Aug 3 2013, 09:40 PM)
Called up both Maxis and Astro Customer Service. I did not complain but seek clarification on the installation.
1st call is to Maxis. They explain for Maxis broadband, the telephone line is enough. But for IPTV, need to refer to Astro Customer Service @ 03 - 9543 1543.
Called Astro Customer Service. The Astro guy confirm that for Astro IPTV, it require to use network/ethernet cable. Telephone cable cannot cater for the speed require by Astro. Thus, regardless landed property or condo, it's still require to use network cable.

Anyone else can verify this???  blink.gif

Looks like I will be stuck with just Maxis broadband; with no Astro package. Haih...  cry.gif

Regards,
Jason
Hi,

So far we still have customer able to install at their condo unit but donno why ur condo cant be installed. You have neighbour facing the same problem as u? Can PM which condo u staying?

As such case, then maybe u separate the installation - Maxis Fibre & Astro using satelite. But sorry to inform that the mthly rebates RM25 are not entitle for this separate installation!!
+Quote Post
swyao
post Aug 4 2013, 12:14 AM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 3 2013, 11:46 PM)
Hi,

So far we still have customer able to install at their condo unit but donno why ur condo cant be installed. You have neighbour facing the same problem as u? Can PM which condo u staying?

As such case, then maybe u separate the installation - Maxis Fibre & Astro using satelite. But sorry to inform that the mthly rebates RM25 are not entitle for this separate installation!!
I know....sien adi....
Adi PM'ed you my condo unit. Thanks.

+Quote Post
yaya2013
post Aug 14 2013, 10:57 AM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Mar 25 2013, 07:00 PM)
If u subscribed to combo package, YES, AOG and HD is available. Pls contAct us at 019-3932888 or email us at maxis@arista.my
Hi,

Currently im using astro beyond with package super pack1 and have no unifi or tm at home... i'm planning to subscribed for maxis fibre package with astro beyond, but i have a question here..do i need to terminate my astro or maybe you could explain more about this package because im getting confused as i read so many explanation on the internet..Thank smile.gif
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 14 2013, 11:54 AM

Taiko, you sure within 2 weeks? I called up Astro, the agent told me within one month. Does it mean you guys can do it faster than them? If yes, I might just call you up.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 14 2013, 04:57 PM

QUOTE(yaya2013 @ Aug 14 2013, 10:57 AM)
Hi,

Currently im using astro beyond with package super pack1 and have no unifi or tm at home... i'm planning to subscribed  for maxis fibre package with astro beyond, but i have a question here..do i need to terminate my astro or maybe you could explain more about this package because im getting confused as i read so many explanation on the internet..Thank smile.gif
Hi,

Can I know whether your Astro still bind any contract?

Can u PM me your installation address? I need to check whether your area is covered by Maxis.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 14 2013, 04:59 PM

QUOTE(wgpictures @ Aug 14 2013, 11:54 AM)
Taiko, you sure within 2 weeks? I called up Astro, the agent told me within one month. Does it mean you guys can do it faster than them? If yes, I might just call you up.
Hi,

You want to install Normal Astro or Maxis Fibre or Astro IPTV. We have 3 options for u!

+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 15 2013, 12:09 AM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 14 2013, 04:59 PM)
Hi,

You want to install Normal Astro or Maxis Fibre or Astro IPTV. We have 3 options for u!
IPTV. I want it to be installed as soon as getting very bored already at home. I dono who can do it faster.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 15 2013, 11:21 AM

QUOTE(wgpictures @ Aug 15 2013, 12:09 AM)
IPTV. I want it to be installed as soon as getting very bored already at home. I dono who can do it faster.
Hi,

For Astro IPTV, it's really need about a month for installation because Astro only allow their internal technician for installation.

However, if u urgent need of internet usage. We can help u to install Maxis Fibre first thereafter help u upgrade to Astro IPTV. At least u hav internet to use while waiting for the Astro.

If interested, u can submit the e-form to us. The link can be found in the 1st page of this topic.

Thks.
+Quote Post
slacx
post Aug 15 2013, 11:32 AM

Casual

I'm already astro n Unifi subscriber. How to upgrade to this package? My contract with unifi still has 1+ year left
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 15 2013, 12:14 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 15 2013, 11:21 AM)
Hi,

For Astro IPTV, it's really need about a month for installation because Astro only allow their internal technician for installation.

However, if u urgent need of internet usage. We can help u to install Maxis Fibre first thereafter help u upgrade to Astro IPTV. At least u hav internet to use while waiting for the Astro.

If interested, u can submit the e-form to us. The link can be found in the 1st page of this topic.

Thks.
No point, I am a current user of Unifi. I already have internet. I will cut only when Astro comes in. Nvm then.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 15 2013, 03:10 PM

QUOTE(wgpictures @ Aug 15 2013, 12:14 PM)
No point, I am a current user of Unifi. I already have internet. I will cut only when Astro comes in. Nvm then.
Hi,

We still can help you to submit form and queue for the installation. Once the Astro confirm you the installation date then only u terminate your UNIFI.

Thks
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 15 2013, 03:24 PM

QUOTE(slacx @ Aug 15 2013, 11:32 AM)
I'm already astro n Unifi subscriber. How to upgrade to this package? My contract with unifi still has 1+ year left
Hi,

You are not able to upgrade from UNIFI to Astro IPTV.

You need to terminate your UNIFI first but it will subject penalty charges from UNIFI depend remaining balance mth of your contract.
+Quote Post
realmcord80
post Aug 15 2013, 04:07 PM

Getting Started

Is the service for KL only?. If Nilai Impian got coverage?
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 15 2013, 09:05 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 15 2013, 03:10 PM)
Hi,

We still can help you to submit form and queue for the installation. Once the Astro confirm you the installation date then only u terminate your UNIFI.

Thks
Also no point, I am already in queue. I just wanted someone who can do it faster.

+Quote Post
yaya2013
post Aug 16 2013, 10:38 AM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 14 2013, 04:57 PM)
Hi,

Can I know whether your Astro still bind any contract?

Can u PM me your installation address? I need to check whether your area is covered by Maxis.
Hi,

Fyi, I've passed the astro contract period...pls check ur message, i've pm u already smile.gif
+Quote Post
chinti
post Aug 16 2013, 01:24 PM

I Want 6 Packs~!

i cant find my address, can anyone help me find? im sick of streamyx already, it used to be 4mbps but now not even 1mbps. keep calling them to complain yet still same so i decided to change, my area dun have unifi so not sure astro wifi got or not.

im staying in alor star, address is

808 Lorong Petani,
05200 Alor Setar, Kedah
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 16 2013, 01:28 PM

Ask Tm go to eat themselves la. Advertising saying they know broadband best, their price is most expensive now currently in the market with no added value or customer service. I have raised it several time to them saying the pricing is too high being the main broadband provider in Malaysia, more than 5 times I asked them to discount and revise the pricing for loyal customers like me. Raised it in their website, you know what they do? They just close that report automatically. All 5 times also they just close and ignore.

Marvellous.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 20 2013, 05:10 PM

QUOTE(chinti @ Aug 16 2013, 01:24 PM)
i cant find my address, can anyone help me find? im sick of streamyx already, it used to be 4mbps but now not even 1mbps. keep calling them to complain yet still same so i decided to change, my area dun have unifi so not sure astro wifi got or not.

im staying in alor star, address is

808 Lorong Petani,
05200 Alor Setar, Kedah
Hi,

Your address don't have Fibre Coverage yet.

Thks
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 20 2013, 05:12 PM

QUOTE(realmcord80 @ Aug 15 2013, 04:07 PM)
Is the service for KL only?. If Nilai Impian got coverage?
Hi,

You can PM me your address. I check for you.

Thks.
+Quote Post
kurtkantoi
post Aug 20 2013, 07:17 PM

Regular

Hi, I'm in a covered area. May I know what is the advantage subscribing from you compare to other seller/agent?
+Quote Post
swyao
post Aug 20 2013, 11:03 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Aug 3 2013, 11:46 PM)
Hi,

Ok, updates Astro IPTV.
Astro send another technician over to my condo. They did not use the existing home telephone line. Instead, they pull an additional fibre optic cable from the Maxis Distribution Box (located in the common riser, one storey above mine) to my unit (yes, require drilling at my unit).

All in all, the installation took bout 2 1/2 hours.

Regards,
Jason
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Aug 21 2013, 11:02 AM

Finally Astro have rectify problems for you.

Happy enjoying your Astro IPTV!!!
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 23 2013, 01:48 PM

Watch out man, I haven't install also got problems faced with Astro already. If you guys have not signed up yet, reconsider and ask properly. Once you sign up, get the same treatment as Unifi also wan basically. Back to square one.
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 24 2013, 01:42 PM

Latest update, as of now, after a PM to their facebook, all their answer is ask me for my IC and phone number, they'll check with their team and get back to me. No compensation offered still for me. And bear in mind, there are many other users who faces such disapointment to my astonishment. The installer called me up and when I rant, he told me, I am not the only one like that. In fact, on that day itself, I am not the only one who was pissed after making arrangements, many others that he was suppose to install also faces the same thing.

Do bear in mind, we're talking only about one installer here. If I asked 20 other installer, God knows how many more users they have disappointed and screw up installation on the user's expense. I will keep this forum updated until my problem is solved. See if they compensate me in anyway. If they don't, then you guys know la, what kinda service level you can expect from them.

Package can be attractive, but Malaysian style, once you sign up.....here comes the trouble.
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 24 2013, 02:28 PM

Today
10:37am
Astro

Just to confirm with you Wilson, this request is for new IPTV installation under your IC xxxxxxx. Can you provide me any teo of your contact numbers. Let me check with the IPTV team on the status and PM you here. ^sarah
Today
1:38pm

I have called your IPTV many times. All of the answer they give me is, "Sorry, but the report here says that installer already called you up and tell you that they cannot install". My situation is very easy. Yes they have called me around 1030am in that same morning which they are suppose to install at 230pm that afternoon. Ask yourself, if you are a user, would you be pissed if usually no one is at home but you specially make arrangements and took company leave just to find out things like that? If you would, do you think you will just say its ok I am fine, just after they say sorry? Now you lost one day of leave. You took effort, woke up earlier, dig up your 4 months old baby just to transport them to your in laws for this installation. And then all you get is, " Sorry can't install today, will let you know once we reschedule once we know".
1:43pm

By the way, I am going to post reply from Astro up on forums. Letting you know so that its fair to you. If there should be no reply, I will also update. I will include the date and speed of reply as well just so that everyone who are potential to sign up for Astro IPTV knows what they're heading for.
2:18pm
Astro

Hi Mr xxx, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we are following with the PIC to get a confirmed installation date for you. Thanks ^Mona
2:25pm

Hi Mona, if you read, you would realize that an apology isn't what I am looking for. I was suppose to get an answer yesterday. I still did not and today all you can tell me is, you will confirm and installation date for me, yet, still we do not know when that would come about. You are answering like how those call centre are answering me yesterday, I talk to a diff channel to get a diff answer, just to find out I am getting the same answer. I am posting these thread up online for a group of IPTV potential signup to watch. By they way, I highly suggest you guys to waive my first month fee once I install. This is really not making me happy. My one day salary was gone.
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Aug 26 2013, 10:49 AM

Getting Started

Wgpictures : we are sorry to hear that your problem is not solve yet. Unfortunately, we are unable to help you to follow because u not subscribe with us. U may go look for your dealer that you subscribe and ask them to follow up and check on the matter.. Why it is postpone? Technical problem or human problem?

We do encounter some technical problem for some condos or some unifi infrastructure area during the appointment. If that happen, they really need to postpone the appointment.

Thanks.

Steve
Arista Empire Sdn Bhd
+Quote Post
karthik_4ever
post Aug 26 2013, 03:26 PM

Hi All, Planning to apply astro iptv with maxis broadband.. Kindly advise for who already subscribe. How's the service especially Astro. Any interruption?
+Quote Post
wgpictures
post Aug 28 2013, 03:19 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:49 AM)
Wgpictures : we are sorry to hear that your problem is not solve yet. Unfortunately, we are unable to help you to follow because u not subscribe with us. U may go look for your dealer that you subscribe and ask them to follow up and check on the matter.. Why it is postpone? Technical problem or human problem?

We do encounter some technical problem for some condos or some unifi infrastructure area during the appointment. If that happen, they really need to postpone the appointment.

Thanks.

Steve
Arista Empire Sdn Bhd
Technical AND human problem.

This post has been edited by wgpictures: Aug 28 2013, 03:36 PM
+Quote Post
shujiro89
post Sep 7 2013, 05:30 PM

hi all,

Anyone can please tell me hows the overall service both from maxis and astro for this iptv service ( from installation up to current usage of it)?

I went through alot of forums and majority had huge complaints on this service. Eg. Delayed installation date (Up to 1 months time), poor WIFI signal due to router fault.. etc.

Plan to subscribe for the this astro iptv service but after reading all the review, i guess its not the right time yet. Any comments or feedback from user who had subscribed to this service? Any1 from USJ, Subang Jaya especially who had done so?

Much appreciated

Thank you
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Sep 9 2013, 04:10 PM

QUOTE(shujiro89 @ Sep 7 2013, 05:30 PM)
hi all,

Anyone can please tell me hows the overall service both from maxis and astro for this iptv service ( from installation up to current usage of it)?

I went through alot of forums and majority had huge complaints on this service. Eg. Delayed installation date (Up to 1 months time), poor WIFI signal due to router fault.. etc.

Plan to subscribe for the this astro iptv service but after reading all the review, i guess its not the right time yet. Any comments or feedback from user who had subscribed to this service? Any1 from USJ, Subang Jaya especially who had done so?
Much appreciated

Thank you
Hi,

It's true that after registration form submitted, it's take about a month for the imstallation because currently Astro onlly allow their internal Technician. Therefore, it would be numbers of queue out there. However, we can follow up closely with the Astro team if you submit through us.

For the connection wise, initially there are few customer complaint but after the technician retify problems. So far customers never complaint back to me.

Thks.
+Quote Post
MR.SQUIGGLES
post Sep 14 2013, 02:03 PM

Hi I currently have Maxis Fiber 10Mbps @ RM 118 monthly as i applied it earlier. If now I apply for this package how will it work?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Sep 16 2013, 11:08 AM

QUOTE(MR.SQUIGGLES @ Sep 14 2013, 02:03 PM)
Hi I currently have Maxis Fiber 10Mbps @ RM 118 monthly as i applied it earlier. If now I apply for this package how will it work?
Hi,

Once u upgraded to Astro IPTV, your contract will be refreshed and the rate will follow the latest Astro IPTV package price. You no longer entitle to enjoy the offer rate of RM118per mth and other special privilege (if any) you previously subscribe.

Latest Package price : Superpack Price + RM148 (10Mpbs) - Mthly Rebate RM25

Thks.
+Quote Post
gheyfriend
post Sep 22 2013, 10:41 AM

Getting Started

hi..i saw the website stated total for superpack + 10mbps is RM248..do i still get rebate for RM25 monthly? how long is the rebate?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Sep 23 2013, 11:04 AM

QUOTE(gheyfriend @ Sep 22 2013, 10:41 AM)
hi..i saw the website stated total for superpack + 10mbps is RM248..do i still get rebate for RM25 monthly? how long is the rebate?
Hi,

The website RM248 is the final figure shown to you. The mthly rebate RM25 already reflect in. The promotion still on going until further notice given from Astro / Maxis.

To apply, kindly click the E-form link as below:-

E-form

Thanks.
+Quote Post
raydha
post Sep 23 2013, 11:14 AM

Getting Started

My 4days exp with maxis iptv.
1-installation took a month(due to tm infra issue-low signal)
2-in house config-half day
3-package-superpack1+multiroom+10mb+voice
4-iptv ok no issue, hd channel no issue, voice call so far is ok, internet ok but connection not stable.
5-router wifi signal bad-even u change wifi channel also the same. Compared to my previous tp-link wifi router(streamyx 4mb)
6-streaming tv on 3rd party android tv device-lag maybe due to wifi signal, previously ok with streamyx 4mb. (maybe die to wifi signal quality)
7-torrent is ok. Easily 1-1.2mb. (first try the connection speed drop to 2mbps, 2nd test no connection drop, need to test the router quality summore)
8-i need to reboot maxis wifi router to get 9+mb down/upload if the connection drop below 5mb.

Can u prorpose other compatibility wifi router to replace the technicolor v3 model?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Sep 25 2013, 11:10 AM

QUOTE(raydha @ Sep 23 2013, 11:14 AM)
My 4days exp with maxis iptv.
1-installation took a month(due to tm infra issue-low signal)
2-in house config-half day
3-package-superpack1+multiroom+10mb+voice
4-iptv ok no issue, hd channel no issue, voice call so far is ok, internet ok but connection not stable.
5-router wifi signal bad-even u change wifi channel also the same. Compared to my previous tp-link wifi router(streamyx 4mb)
6-streaming tv on 3rd party android tv device-lag maybe due to wifi signal, previously ok with streamyx 4mb. (maybe die to wifi signal quality)
7-torrent is ok. Easily 1-1.2mb. (first try the connection speed drop to 2mbps, 2nd test no connection drop, need to test the router quality summore)
8-i need to reboot maxis wifi router to get 9+mb down/upload if the connection drop below 5mb.

Can u prorpose other compatibility wifi router to replace the technicolor v3 model?
Hi,

We do not encourage customer to change the wifi router as there might be some setting for the Astro IPTV on it. If your problem still persist, it's better you call up to Maxis/Astro Customer Service Centre. They will help you on the technical issues or send a Technician to your house (if needed) and check it for you.

Thks.
+Quote Post
ImAn
post Sep 25 2013, 11:55 AM

hi there,

just install it yesterday. so far so good but still early to make any comment.

i got 1 problem only. tv in my master bedroom can't display using HDMI cable but another decoder at my living hall no problem. already swap the decoder but still cant use HDMI cable to display. already change HDMI cable from 1.1 - 1.4 but still doesn't work. my AC Ryan no problem using this tv. so temporary solution i'm using normal VGA cable.

living hall tv is Panasonic and my master bedroom using LG (old LCD). can somebody help me abt this. TQ

This post has been edited by ImAn: Sep 25 2013, 11:59 AM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 3 2013, 11:05 AM

QUOTE(ImAn @ Sep 25 2013, 11:55 AM)
hi there,

just install it yesterday. so far so good but still early to make any comment.

i got 1 problem only. tv in my master bedroom can't display using HDMI cable but another decoder at my living hall no problem. already swap the decoder but still cant use HDMI cable to display. already change HDMI cable from 1.1 - 1.4 but still doesn't work. my AC Ryan no problem using this tv. so temporary solution i'm using normal VGA cable.

living hall tv is Panasonic and my master bedroom using LG (old LCD). can somebody help me abt this. TQ
Hi,

Seems like your LG model tv doesn't support the HDMI Cable 1.1 - 1.4? Maybe can you try search on their LG website with your LG Model on this!

Thks
+Quote Post
eueu
post Oct 7 2013, 12:28 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Apr 19 2013, 03:15 PM)
Hi, if i sign up 10MBPS package, do you meant by 10MBPS is share between watching Astro channel and surf the internet?
if i download any torrent at speed 800kbps, then only have another 200kbps to stream Astro channel?
Then Astro channel is lagging! Correct me if im wrong.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 7 2013, 12:57 PM

QUOTE(eueu @ Oct 7 2013, 12:28 PM)
Hi, if i sign up 10MBPS package, do you meant by 10MBPS is share between watching Astro channel and surf the internet?
if i download any torrent at speed 800kbps, then only have another 200kbps to stream Astro channel?
Then Astro channel is lagging! Correct me if im wrong.
Hi,

Yes. The connection is sharing between Astro Channel and internet. So far most of my customers installed is ok with the speed (Browsing internet while watching Astro).

However, if you're heavy download usage and afraid the 10Mbps might not sufficient. Maybe you can choose for package 20Mbps (RM198) or 30Mbps (RM248) -> for landed properties & selected Maxis Own Built High rise building only

Thks
+Quote Post
eueu
post Oct 7 2013, 03:55 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Oct 7 2013, 12:57 PM)
Hi,

Yes. The connection is sharing between Astro Channel and internet. So far most of my customers installed is ok with the speed (Browsing internet while watching Astro).

However, if you're heavy download usage and afraid the 10Mbps might not sufficient. Maybe you can choose for package 20Mbps (RM198) or 30Mbps (RM248) -> for landed properties & selected Maxis Own Built High rise building only

Thks
Thanks, will keep this issue as my top point of concern, still worried about the bandwidth especially during super peak hour, like xmas and cny. donno whether astro will lag or not.
+Quote Post
chekwui
post Oct 7 2013, 04:04 PM

Unifi has dedicated bandwidth for their IPTV, so even though you are fully using 5mbps for torrent download, still not affect the IPTV.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 8 2013, 11:47 AM

Hi,

As per technician from Astro IPTV, even there're sharing based but Maxis still will dedicated a minimum bandwidth allocated for Astro so that it will not affect your IPTV. This setting will be done by them when they come to install the Astro IPTV for you.

However, if compare with other Fibre provider, Maxis still the cheapest with 10Mbps @ only RM148. Another words, minimum your Astro IPTV can be allocated with 5Mbps and still have another 5Mbps allocated for internet. The actual allocation setting will be done by the Technician.

Thks

+Quote Post
DuGalle
post Oct 8 2013, 09:55 PM

Hi, my house currently has Astro Superpack and UniFi, wanna get rid of UniFi and just go under Astro Maxis for IPTV.

What would the total billing be every month? Do I keep all my channels? Got History, Movies, News, Sports, HD.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 9 2013, 11:17 AM

QUOTE(DuGalle @ Oct 8 2013, 09:55 PM)
Hi, my house currently has Astro Superpack and UniFi, wanna get rid of UniFi and just go under Astro Maxis for IPTV.

What would the total billing be every month? Do I keep all my channels? Got History, Movies, News, Sports, HD.
Hi,

For Astro IPTV billing, you will receive a integrated/combined statement from Astro for both Astro & Maxis Fibre Internet package. So you only need to pay the total sum directly to Astro.

Once you upgraded to Astro IPTV, the channels depend on which Superpack you subscribed. For channel programme details, kindly refer page 1 of this forum!

Thks.
+Quote Post
Hattra
post Oct 21 2013, 10:54 AM

Hi. Presently I am having Astro B.yond + Simple PVR (the WD external HDD) + Super Pack 3 with the contract having expired (have this package for more than 2 yesr now).

Really interested in the new bundle package but have a few questions below.

The total price for Astro IPTV (with Super Pack 3) + 10MB Maxis line would be RM278.00?

As I prefer to have the Maxis Modem/Router + phone line to be placed on the 3rd Floor and the Astro decoder on the ground floor, I believe the decoder would entirely depend on the wifi from the 3rd floor (as there is no LAN connection. My wiring on the ground floor is hidden inside the wall and I don't fancy having an exposed wiring on the ground floor for a LAN connection). Would:-

(a) the wifi signal be strong enough to reach the ground floor?
(b) the download speed be affected as part of the bandwidth would be used for the IPTV?
© the TV lag during heavy downloading?
(d) or wifi is not possible/supported and LAN would be required from the modem to the Astro decoder?

As for the new decoder, can it still use the simple PVR (i.e. with the external HDD) or it is compulsory to use the internal HDD?

I understand that decoders with the internal HDD requires 2 wires from the dish to the decoder - I only have 1 concealed wire from the dish. As such, a "stacker" needs to be installed if the new decoder cannot use simple PVR? Some friends informed me that the "stacker" would cause reduction in the HD quality. Is this true and how much do you charge for the "stacker"?

Many thanks and looking forward to your reply.

This post has been edited by Hattra: Oct 21 2013, 12:00 PM
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 22 2013, 12:21 PM

QUOTE(Hattra @ Oct 21 2013, 10:54 AM)
Hi. Presently I am having Astro B.yond + Simple PVR (the WD external HDD) + Super Pack 3 with the contract having expired (have this package for more than 2 yesr now).

Really interested in the new bundle package but have a few questions below.

The total price for Astro IPTV (with Super Pack 3) + 10MB Maxis line would be RM278.00?

As I prefer to have the Maxis Modem/Router + phone line to be placed on the 3rd Floor and the Astro decoder on the ground floor, I believe the decoder would entirely depend on the wifi from the 3rd floor (as there is no LAN connection. My wiring on the ground floor is hidden inside the wall and I don't fancy having an exposed wiring on the ground floor for a LAN connection). Would:-

(a) the wifi signal be strong enough to reach the ground floor?
(b) the download speed be affected as part of the bandwidth would be used for the IPTV?
© the TV lag during heavy downloading?
(d) or wifi is not possible/supported and LAN would be required from the modem to the Astro decoder?

As for the new decoder, can it still use the simple PVR (i.e. with the external HDD) or it is compulsory to use the internal HDD?

I understand that decoders with the internal HDD requires 2 wires from the dish to the decoder - I only have 1 concealed wire from the dish. As such, a "stacker" needs to be installed if the new decoder cannot use simple PVR? Some friends informed me that the "stacker" would cause reduction in the HD quality. Is this true and how much do you charge for the "stacker"?

Many thanks and looking forward to your reply.
Hi,

Yes. The mthly subscription for Super Pack 3 + Maxis Fibre 10Mbps would be RM278 (GST waived).

It's better that you connect your ground floor Astro decoder using LAN cable.

There's a minimum bandwidth assigned for Astro IPTV, so it will not affect your Astro when you're downloading. The allocation of bandwidth setting will be done by the Technician when they come to install at your house.

The latest PVR decoder has a built in Wi-Fi (using USB Wifi dongle) to connect with your home internet easily. However, certainly your Astro decoder connect using LAN cable will be more stable compare Wi-Fi and also depend where you put your wifi modem. This required Technician to clarify when they come to install at your unit.

They will change a new PVR decoder box for you and it's built it HDD so you do not need your external HDD anymore when you subscribe to Astro IPTV.

You may also drop us email --> astro@arista.my if you need further clarification.

Thanks
+Quote Post
niodenko
post Oct 22 2013, 12:42 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Oct 7 2013, 12:57 PM)
Hi,

Thks
Hi,

I wonder why the decoder still connecting the 2 cables to the outside dish, whats it used for?

Can we set default signal to come from dish and backup (during rain) we get signal from fibre network..

If fibre network is down, there will be no tv?

Regards
+Quote Post
niodenko
post Oct 22 2013, 01:03 PM

Could somebody explain more on Astro Select for Maxis..

what are the 10 new HD channels
how to claim 700hrs of free VOD

thanks
+Quote Post
Hattra
post Oct 22 2013, 04:11 PM

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Oct 22 2013, 12:21 PM)
They will change a new PVR decoder box for you and it's built it HDD so you do not need your external HDD anymore when you subscribe to Astro IPTV.
Thanks for the reply. Does the new PVR decoder require 2 wires of just 1 for the recording function as I believe that the present PVR decoder requires 2 wires from the dish to the decoder.

Many thanks again.

+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 22 2013, 04:16 PM

QUOTE(niodenko @ Oct 22 2013, 12:42 PM)
Hi,

I wonder why the decoder still connecting the 2 cables to the outside dish, whats it used for?

Can we set default signal to come from dish and backup (during rain) we get signal from fibre network..

If fibre network is down, there will be no tv?

Regards
Hi,

With your B.yond PVR decoder connected to Astro satellite dish as well, you can watch channels like NTV7 (Ch107), 8TV (Ch708), TV Al-hijrah (Ch114) & TVi (Ch180), which are currently not available to other users of Astro B.yond IPTV.

If there is a disruption in B.yond IPTV service, you will not be able to switch to satellite to watch all the channels except NTV7 (Ch107), 8TV (Ch708), TV Al-hijrah (Ch114) & TVi (Ch180).

In contrast, your Astro B.yond IPTV service will not be affected by rain, you may experience temporary disruption only the abovementioned 4 channels during rainy days.

If you have need further clarification, you may also drop us email at astro@arista.my

Thanks.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 22 2013, 04:24 PM

QUOTE(niodenko @ Oct 22 2013, 01:03 PM)
Could somebody explain more on Astro Select for Maxis..

what are the 10 new HD channels
how to claim 700hrs of free VOD

thanks
Hi,

All these new channels and video on demand are not available on the regular Astro Satelite Service, but only available to Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet customers who subscribe to Superpack Packages.

The 10 new HD channels are as follows:-

* HBO Signature
* HBO Hits
* HBO Family
* Comedy Central
* WETV
* BBC Entertainment
* M Channel
* STAR Plus
* Setanta Rugby
* Eurosport HD

The Video on demand will be found under the category 'Astro Select' in the VOD catalogue. These are the steps:

- Press the 'Home' button on your remote control
- Select 'Video On Demand' and press ok
- Browse the catalogue for 'Astro Select' and press Ok to launch
- Press Ok to select video title that you would like to watch
- Video will start playing

To apply Astro IPTV, you can submit your application to us at this link:-

http://astroiptv.arista.my
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Oct 22 2013, 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Hattra @ Oct 22 2013, 04:11 PM)
Thanks for the reply. Does the new PVR decoder require 2 wires of just 1 for the recording function as I believe that the present PVR decoder requires 2 wires from the dish to the decoder.

Many thanks again.
Hi,

As the new PVR decoder has built in internal HDD, so there're are no wires needed for recording function. It will automated store your recording video in the HDD. There are only wires connected from your decoder to your TV & LAN cable.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
gkong3
post Nov 8 2013, 03:11 PM

My experience with Maxis Fibre 10Mb via TM backbone and Astro IPTV so far (services provisioned yesterday, so there hasn't been time for bad things to happen yet, maybe):

1. Upload and download speeds are well within 80%-95% of what is advertised.
2. Astro IPTV stable, quality is alright, everything works with Maxis-supplied router.
3. Using own router (ASUS RT-N16) more-or-less works, but don't power-cycle your Astro decoder otherwise you have to plug back into the Maxis router first.
4. P2P does not seem to be capped during the day or the night. But there is no doubt that torrents need a lot of seeds to achieve max speed - and yes, it does take a couple of minutes to get there.
5. Maxis does not seem to be implementing any filtering systems - but best to use VPN, I suppose.
6. Default is private IP, so no servers will work even if you do port forwarding. Have to ask for public IP and have a good reason.
7. All queries routed through Astro for no good reason, afaik. Something that will take Maxis 2 seconds to get done will now take 2 working days.

Questions:

1. Are there any settings that users can configure to use their own routers with Astro IPTV with 100% success?
2. Is it possible to get the decoder to accept satellite signals as well as via fibre?
3. Anybody have luck logging into the TM UniFi fibre modem? Fiberhome brand, I believe.
4. Anybody have any luck activating the Wifi function on the Astro decoder?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Nov 26 2013, 12:29 PM

QUOTE(gkong3 @ Nov 8 2013, 03:11 PM)
My experience with Maxis Fibre 10Mb via TM backbone and Astro IPTV so far (services provisioned yesterday, so there hasn't been time for bad things to happen yet, maybe):

1. Upload and download speeds are well within 80%-95% of what is advertised.
2. Astro IPTV stable, quality is alright, everything works with Maxis-supplied router.
3. Using own router (ASUS RT-N16) more-or-less works, but don't power-cycle your Astro decoder otherwise you have to plug back into the Maxis router first.
4. P2P does not seem to be capped during the day or the night. But there is no doubt that torrents need a lot of seeds to achieve max speed - and yes, it does take a couple of minutes to get there.
5. Maxis does not seem to be implementing any filtering systems - but best to use VPN, I suppose.
6. Default is private IP, so no servers will work even if you do port forwarding. Have to ask for public IP and have a good reason.
7. All queries routed through Astro for no good reason, afaik. Something that will take Maxis 2 seconds to get done will now take 2 working days.

Questions:

1. Are there any settings that users can configure to use their own routers with Astro IPTV with 100% success?
2. Is it possible to get the decoder to accept satellite signals as well as via fibre?
3. Anybody have luck logging into the TM UniFi fibre modem? Fiberhome brand, I believe.
4. Anybody have any luck activating the Wifi function on the Astro decoder?
Hi,

We normally advice user only use the device that provided from Maxis & Astro. The Technician will configure the settings for you when they come to install at your house.

With your B.yond PVR decoder connected to Astro satellite dish as well, you can watch channels like NTV7 (Ch107), 8TV (Ch708), TV Al-hijrah (Ch114) & TVi (Ch180), which are currently not available to other users of Astro B.yond IPTV.

If there is a disruption in B.yond IPTV service, you will not be able to switch to satellite to watch all the channels except NTV7 (Ch107), 8TV (Ch708), TV Al-hijrah (Ch114) & TVi (Ch180).

In contrast, your Astro B.yond IPTV service will not be affected by rain, you may experience temporary disruption only the abovementioned 4 channels during rainy days.

You need to purchase a dongle from Astro in order to use the wifi function. So far, non of my customer using wifi because afraid on unstable connection if compared to LAN.

Hope this above clear some of your query. Pls do not hesitate to drop us email at astro@arista.my if you need further clarification.

Thanks
+Quote Post
arrsoo
post Dec 8 2013, 10:19 PM

Getting Started

err....how long is the waiting list right now for the astro/maxis package? still got to wait 1 mth+ ??
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Dec 9 2013, 01:48 AM

Getting Started

pm replied. pls check.

thanks
+Quote Post
Steffie wong
post Feb 5 2014, 04:14 PM

Hi, I wish to know what is the different between astro IPTV and others ?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Feb 25 2014, 02:01 PM

Dear all members,

The Super pack package price had been revised. Kindly refer Pg 1 of the updated package price.

Thanks & Regards,
Arista Empire
+Quote Post
koapehal
post Mar 5 2014, 02:38 PM

If maxis fibre internet service covers my area..this package should also covers it ...rite..coz I can't find it in astro coverage locator site
+Quote Post
shiewwai85
post Mar 5 2014, 03:27 PM

Getting Started

Hi,

You can pm me your address. We can help you to check.

If you wish to apply, kindly click the E-form link as below:-

Thanks

QUOTE(koapehal @ Mar 5 2014, 02:38 PM)
If maxis fibre internet service covers my area..this package should also covers it ...rite..coz I can't find it in astro coverage locator site
+Quote Post
koapehal
post Mar 5 2014, 05:17 PM

QUOTE(shiewwai85 @ Mar 5 2014, 03:27 PM)
Hi,

You can pm me your address. We can help you to check.

Thanks
Pmed
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 5 2014, 11:39 AM

To all members,

Thanks

+Quote Post
dp82
post Apr 6 2014, 04:30 PM

Casual

The astro decoder has to b connected to the modem vis LAN/ WIFI?

Hows the performance stability for landed property?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 6 2014, 09:02 PM

QUOTE(dp82 @ Apr 6 2014, 04:30 PM)
The astro decoder has to b connected to the modem vis LAN/ WIFI?

Hows the performance stability for landed property?
Hi,

The Astro decoder has to be connected through LAN cable for stable connection. Wifi is not encouraged although there is the option and so far no one is install using Wifi.

So far no customer complaint about the connection issue.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
dp82
post Apr 6 2014, 09:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Apr 6 2014, 09:02 PM)
Hi,

The Astro decoder has to be connected through LAN cable for stable connection. Wifi is not encouraged although there is the option and so far no one is install using Wifi.

So far no customer complaint about the connection issue.

Thanks.
Since LAN is the preferred connection and i dont have a LAN port ready at my tv cabinet.

My current situation:
Fiber comes in fr backyard, G flr.
Plan to put my modem and internet on 1st flr.
TV cabinet is at G flr.
Yet to pull all connection such as LAN & internet connection.

Questions:
1. If i subscribed Astro Iptv with Maxis, does the installation include setting up the fiber and LAN as per my above requirements?
2. What are the charges?
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 6 2014, 10:25 PM

QUOTE(dp82 @ Apr 6 2014, 09:45 PM)
Since LAN is the preferred connection and i dont have a LAN port ready at my tv cabinet.

My current situation:
Fiber comes in fr backyard, G flr.
Plan to put my modem and internet on 1st flr.
TV cabinet is at G flr.
Yet to pull all connection such as LAN & internet connection.

Questions:
1. If i subscribed Astro Iptv with Maxis, does the installation include setting up the fiber and LAN as per my above requirements?
2. What are the charges?
Hi,

The standard installation fee of RM300 (waived if subscribed auto debit for 12mths and it will reflects on bill, so you no nd to pay cash to technician upon installation) covers the first 85 metres of the cable (outside your home) from the nearest Fibre Distribution Panel to the Termination Box and the first 15 metres of cable (inside your home) from the Termination Box to the Access Termination Box.

The installation provided is of standard specifications, which is defined as over wall with clip or cable casing only.  Any cost associated with non-standard installations such as over the ceiling, underground ducts, concealed wiring and so on will be borne by the customer.

Some minor drilling may be required.

If you are under non standard installation, the technician will let you know and will confirm the price first before they proceed installation to avoid any dispute.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
dp82
post Apr 7 2014, 10:57 PM

Casual

QUOTE(AristaEmpire @ Apr 6 2014, 10:25 PM)
Hi,

The standard installation fee of RM300 (waived if subscribed auto debit for 12mths and it will reflects on bill, so you no nd to pay cash to technician upon installation) covers the first 85 metres of the cable (outside your home) from the nearest Fibre Distribution Panel to the Termination Box and the first 15 metres of cable (inside your home) from the Termination Box to the Access Termination Box.

The installation provided is of standard specifications, which is defined as over wall with clip or cable casing only.  Any cost associated with non-standard installations such as over the ceiling, underground ducts, concealed wiring and so on will be borne by the customer.

Some minor drilling may be required.

If you are under non standard installation, the technician will let you know and will confirm the price first before they proceed installation to avoid any dispute.

Thanks.
Pm-ed u.
+Quote Post
AristaEmpire
post Apr 8 2014, 09:46 AM

QUOTE(dp82 @ Apr 7 2014, 10:57 PM)
Pm-ed u.
Hi

Replied. Check your inbox.