3. loping plug pt 40
4. aircond point 120
5. water heater pt 100
6. telephone pt 60
7. astro pt 100
8. fan point 45 + free for the hook.
9. labor for installation of light ----free
10. labor for installation of fan ----- free
11. to lay Amour cable for new auto gate wiring and door bell and gate light 350
12. hacking & plastering -----------
13. supply and install D/B and ELCB 63A 450 for 6pcs of ELCB
14. supply and install Meter Box and new cable -------
15. Alam cable for whole house 650
16. CCTV pt 80
17. Net work point 80

ShadowR1
post Mar 15 2013, 09:44 PM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

So what is your question ?
TSShirleygal89
post Mar 15 2013, 09:58 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Is that consider cheap?
platinum_12
post Mar 15 2013, 10:40 PM

Enthusiast
953 posts

I would say d price is reasonable. hmm.gif
Kim Concept
post Mar 15 2013, 11:14 PM

13 posts

Super Super cheap, check it out! Indon worker
TSShirleygal89
post Mar 15 2013, 11:26 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

That's Chinese workers
wenching87
post Mar 16 2013, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

reasonable though
skng03
post Mar 16 2013, 01:30 AM

Regular
1,450 posts

QUOTE(Shirleygal89 @ Mar 15 2013, 11:26 PM)
That's Chinese workers
QUOTE(wenching87 @ Mar 16 2013, 12:03 AM)
reasonable though
Klang valley area hmm.gif hmm.gif cheappppppppp
ShadowR1
post Mar 16 2013, 03:16 PM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

All is ok other than looping point, alarm and cctv.

Loop is half of the price of a direct.
When u purchase an alarm system, it comes with all the installation and wiring charges, why the extra for wiring ?
RM80 per cctv point ??? blink.gif Again, cctv wiring and installation is included when you purchase the cctv system.

Cant help to notice the price for water heater and air-cond point, its cheap. Please make sure they are using 2.5mm lines or else time will tell.
Why do you need an additional 6pcs of elcb ? replacing the old ones ? (Anyway, ELCB is old school, its called MCB now miniature circurt breaker.
Lighting point RM55 is per light or per switch point ? If per light rclxub.gif ohmai .... if per switch point its cheap.

Hope this help ... Cheers.
geekfiredog
post Mar 16 2013, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(Shirleygal89 @ Mar 15 2013, 09:37 PM)
Contractor coded prices as below:
My house:
1.lighting point 55
2. plug point 65
3. loping plug pt 40
4. aircond point 120
5. water heater pt 100
6. telephone pt 60
7. astro pt 100
8. fan point 45 + free for the hook.
9. labor for installation of light ----free
10. labor for installation of fan ----- free
11. to lay Amour cable for new auto gate wiring and door bell and gate light 350
12. hacking & plastering -----------
13. supply and install D/B and ELCB 63A 450 for 6pcs of ELCB
14. supply and install Meter Box and new cable -------
15. Alam cable for whole house 650
16. CCTV pt 80
17. Net work point 80
Not sure about the market rate at you place, it looks very reasonable to me. A few things to take note / share / consider

1. Lighting point : RM55 is on the high side, but light installation is free, so overall is cost is reasonable.
6. Telephone point : do you plan to use Unifi? Do take note that for Unifi, telephone is connected to the BTU unit, not directly from outside telephone pole. So, plan the location of your phone and network equipment (Residential Gateway, BTU, set top box...) carefully
7. Astro : do you plan to use PVR? If yes, 2 cables are needed (vs 1 cable for normal Astro or Beyond decoder) between the disc and PVR decoder.
11. Amour cable : do check the # cables available for your autogate. If you plan to use sensors, then you need at least 6 cables.
12. hacking and plastering - is it included as part of those per point charge, or a lump sum charge on top of other charges?
15. Alarm cable - insist on using pipe/hose for all your concealed alarm cables. Do you plan to use GSM module or your fix phone line? I GSM, need to prepare another power point for the alarm system.
16. CCTV point : RM80 per point looks very cheap. Does it use centralize supply for all the CCTV camera? if yes, ask to use thicker wire for the supply, especially if you plan to use higher resolution camera/system. Again insist on using pipe/hose for all the conceal works.
17. Network point : take not that for Unifi, if you are planning to branch out from BTU, you need 2 different network cables - 1 for IPTV )to setop box), and the other for normal internet connection.

Another thing to check - assuming you install dowlight - ask if they use proper "T" or "+" junction connectors, some contractors don't use those connectors; and ask if they use flexible hose to conceal the cables from ceiling to your dowlight. For plaster ceiling and dowlight, do check which contractor (plaster ceiling or wiring) is responsible for the hole opening / cutting, and is it chargeable?

Also check if they charge to install those switches, and is there a limits of # switches you can install for a given group of dowlight - eg for a group of 8 dowlight, any additional cost (beside the cost of switches) to use 2 vs 3 vs 4 switches. Do take note that not all brands/models has 4-Gang switch

Other items to take note have been hilited by others- such as wire sizes,

geekfiredog
post Mar 16 2013, 05:01 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(ShadowR1 @ Mar 16 2013, 03:16 PM)
All is ok other than looping point, alarm and cctv.

Loop is half of the price of a direct.
When u purchase an alarm system, it comes with all the installation and wiring charges, why the extra for wiring ?
RM80 per cctv point ???  blink.gif  Again, cctv wiring and installation is included when you purchase the cctv system.

Hope this help ... Cheers.
Wiring charges for alarm and CCTV system included are typically not for conceal type, and beside quite a lot of people have not make up their mind on what brand and/or system to use when they did their reno / wiring, so they just pay a little more to have all these wiring prepared upfront, else it will be a mess to conceal and clean up the whole house if those are done after they have moved in.
TSShirleygal89
post Mar 16 2013, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(geekfiredog @ Mar 16 2013, 04:54 PM)
Not sure about the market rate at you place, it looks very reasonable to me.  A few things to take note / share / consider

1. Lighting point : RM55 is on the high side, but light installation  is free, so overall is cost is reasonable. 
6. Telephone point : do you plan to use Unifi?  Do take note that for Unifi, telephone is connected to the BTU unit, not directly from outside telephone pole.  So, plan the location of your phone and network equipment (Residential Gateway, BTU, set top box...) carefully
7. Astro : do you plan to use PVR?  If yes, 2 cables are needed (vs 1 cable for normal Astro or Beyond decoder) between the disc and PVR decoder.
11.  Amour cable : do check the # cables available for your autogate.  If you plan to use sensors, then you need at least 6 cables.
12.  hacking and plastering - is it included as part of those per point charge, or a lump sum charge on top of other charges?
15.  Alarm cable - insist on using pipe/hose for all your concealed alarm cables.  Do you plan to use GSM module or your fix phone line?  I GSM, need to prepare another power point for the alarm system.
16.  CCTV point : RM80 per point looks very cheap.  Does it use centralize supply for all the CCTV camera?  if yes, ask to use thicker wire for the supply, especially if you plan to use higher resolution camera/system.  Again insist on using pipe/hose for all the conceal works.
17.  Network point : take not that for Unifi, if you are planning to branch out from BTU, you need 2 different network cables - 1 for IPTV )to setop box), and the other for normal internet connection.

Another thing to check - assuming you install dowlight - ask if they use proper "T" or "+" junction connectors, some contractors don't use those connectors; and ask if they use flexible hose to conceal the cables from ceiling to your dowlight.  For plaster ceiling and dowlight, do check which contractor (plaster ceiling or wiring) is responsible for the hole opening / cutting, and is it chargeable?

Also check if they charge to install those switches, and is there a limits of # switches you can install for a given group of dowlight - eg for a group of 8 dowlight, any additional cost (beside the cost of switches) to use 2 vs 3 vs 4 switches.  Do take note that not all brands/models has 4-Gang switch

Tqvm for ur info!!!! thumbup.gif

Other items to take note have been hilited by others-  such as wire sizes,
sochun
post Mar 16 2013, 05:22 PM

3 posts

hi,u can pm me for cctv or alarm quotation,c/w wiring and installation
wenching87
post Mar 17 2013, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

QUOTE(skng03 @ Mar 16 2013, 01:30 AM)
Klang valley area hmm.gif  hmm.gif  cheappppppppp
even at kuching area also cant get that price nowadays..
netcrawler
post Mar 17 2013, 06:41 PM

Regular
1,514 posts

This is very cheap. Is it in Klang Valley? I might be interested when my house completed in next 4 months
TSShirleygal89
post Mar 18 2013, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Yes, its at klang valley
TSShirleygal89
post Mar 18 2013, 06:42 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(netcrawler @ Mar 17 2013, 06:41 PM)
This is very cheap. Is it in Klang Valley? I might be interested when my house completed in next 4 months
Yes, is at klang valley
kasey1314
post Mar 19 2013, 08:48 AM

奇人异士
720 posts

It cheap for those who really no job on hand or wanted to get job desperately. If he is the one who join together and work it out . It should be enough margin for him(cause he will take the wages) plus a Lil profit is enough to cover . Hopefully he will come back service you after handover to you . Chinese man lead Indonesia worker or fully Chinese worker ?
TSShirleygal89
post Mar 20 2013, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

My friend told me that they are Chinese and Malay guys.

timelime
post Mar 22 2013, 11:58 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Shirleygal89 @ Mar 15 2013, 09:37 PM)
Contractor coded prices as below:
My house:
2. plug point 65
may i ask what is plug point?
is that mena new line from dp?

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0775sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 AM