Seagate Malaysia, Opinions regarding working experience

views

kb2005
post Jun 3 2008, 06:54 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(AEROZ @ Jun 2 2008, 11:31 PM)
Penang plant only do sliders, HGA is in Thailand. Don't worry, HDD won't go obsolete so fast due to the price/gigabyte is still low for HDD compared to SSD.

It's very subjective to judge whether Penang Seagate is good or not since it really depends on who's your boss & colleagues. One thing for sure is you got to be ready to work during weekend (of course they'll pay you OT). They monitor the yield by shift 24 hrs/day. Technician will trigger the engineers & managers if out of control.
Yes're right. Now HGA in Thailand and Slider in Penang. Are you from Seagate ? I truly agree that your boss and colleagues will affect your work a lot in Seagate. So, if TS want to join, he has to know who is his boss before joining! biggrin.gif
AEROZ
post Jun 3 2008, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

hehe..used to be....but TS shouldn't worry so much...can join to gain experience. Nothing to lose. Hard to find job nowadays. I would say just accept the offer since you've already get it. There are many fresh graduates inside. So I believe you'll blend well. All industries also yoyo one in Bayan Lepas, nothing is permanent.
Processsoboring
post Nov 17 2008, 11:11 AM

48 posts

Hi there,

How is Seagate doing nowadays? Got cut cost or shut down?
arena84
post Nov 17 2008, 11:28 AM

6 posts

work as internship for a post kiss lap machine design at Seagate Minneapolis, MN USA (Seagate HQ). Good safety culture. cool people, paid good. Not sure about work culture in Penang.
Processsoboring
post Nov 17 2008, 04:32 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(arena84 @ Nov 17 2008, 11:28 AM)
work as internship for a post kiss lap machine design at Seagate Minneapolis, MN USA (Seagate HQ). Good safety culture. cool people, paid good. Not sure about work culture in Penang.
Hi,

Thanks for feedback.. However I'm interested to know more about condition in Penang Seagate now...
guanteik
post Nov 18 2008, 01:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

most of the ppl in my company is from Seagate Ipoh (7 years ago)
Lumpy@
post Nov 29 2008, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

So far Seagate Penang quit good...It not shut down, just slow down the production during Christmas and CNY. Means still have 25% of employees working during slow down period. It can get advance leave for those no have any leave. So, it is good cause the company not cut down your salary straightly. The working environment is free and flexible unless you finish your task before due date.
workshop
post Nov 29 2008, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

How many month of contractual bonus for seagate?

Processsoboring
post Dec 4 2008, 03:38 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(workshop @ Nov 29 2008, 09:14 PM)
How many month  of contractual bonus for seagate?
1 month.....

Added on December 4, 2008, 3:39 pm
QUOTE(Lumpy@ @ Nov 29 2008, 06:31 PM)
So far Seagate Penang quit good...It not shut down, just slow down the production during Christmas and CNY. Means still have 25% of employees working during slow down period. It can get advance leave for those no have any leave. So, it is good cause the company not cut down your salary straightly. The working environment is free and flexible unless you finish your task before due date.
Good to hear that.. coz most of the companies in Penang FTZ will shut down during Xmas...

This post has been edited by Processsoboring: Dec 4 2008, 03:39 PM
shadow111
post Dec 18 2008, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

Just apply an IT post for Seagate Pg. it stated that I need to provide support for IT withing USBDC.
Anyone can know what does USBDC stand for and means? Thanks.
DevilTeeth
post Jan 2 2009, 02:41 PM

On my way
621 posts

Hi,new here.I notice that Seagate is having massive hiring (mainly IT) lately in Penang despite economy downturn now.Are they running a big project now?Anyone can share some infor here?
shadow111
post Jan 2 2009, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(DevilTeeth @ Jan 2 2009, 02:41 PM)
Hi,new here.I notice that Seagate is having massive hiring (mainly IT) lately in Penang despite economy downturn now.Are they running a big project now?Anyone can share some infor here?
me also wan to know bout this as i'm applyin for one of the IT post there... smile.gif
DevilTeeth
post Jan 2 2009, 03:43 PM

On my way
621 posts

Its very unlikely they are testing the market as they are a reputable MNC.I only realise they are having massive hiring when i saw their big banner hanging on the road side.I believe all the post should be contract post if its for a big project...probably 1 year or upon completion of proj.
shadow111
post Jan 2 2009, 04:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,137 posts

QUOTE(DevilTeeth @ Jan 2 2009, 03:43 PM)
Its very unlikely they are testing the market as they are a reputable MNC.I only realise they are having massive hiring when i saw their big banner hanging on the road side.I believe all the post should be contract post if its for a big project...probably 1 year or upon completion of proj.
r u from IT field too?
softcore
post Jan 3 2009, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Right now they are dominating Jobstreet in job posting in Penang, all mostly IT jobs.
I wonder izzit they are offshoring jobs from other expensive countries to Seagate Penang as part of the cost cutting measure or as what mentioned above just for a project and is a contract basis.
Anyone got any insight?

QUOTE(DevilTeeth @ Jan 2 2009, 03:43 PM)
DevilTeeth
post Jan 3 2009, 05:16 PM

On my way
621 posts

QUOTE(softcore @ Jan 3 2009, 05:02 PM)
Right now they are dominating Jobstreet in job posting in Penang, all mostly IT jobs.
I wonder izzit they are offshoring jobs from other expensive countries to Seagate Penang as part of the cost cutting measure or as what mentioned above just for a project and is a contract basis.
Anyone got any insight?
A check on jobstreet seems to show that it didnt advertise whether its contract or permanent post.My best guess is that they will only review this once the job is being offered,which means will only stated in the letter of offer.Anyone got the letter of offer so far?Or any infor to share?
MAAG
post Jan 6 2009, 06:20 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

Seagate Vacancies:
DevilTeeth
post Jan 6 2009, 08:48 PM

On my way
621 posts

Its the only company having mass hiring when global economy is in recession...curious...Most of the companies are already freezing headcount with tight budget,strict control on Capital expenditure and etc yet Seagate is hiring in mass... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by DevilTeeth: Jan 6 2009, 08:49 PM
kiizai
post Jan 11 2009, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

Went to the walk in interview around 11am;
thought should be a lot people attend the interview
but only 1 person was been interview when i arrived.
Seem... no 1 is interest on this interview?

At another venue which is Emirates Airline
interview for cabin crew filled with a lot pretty girl drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif

This post has been edited by kiizai: Jan 11 2009, 01:18 PM
workshop
post Jan 11 2009, 01:49 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

Weird part is trying to lure K.L or Selangor ppls to work in Penang.
I'm sure a lot of Penangites who are looking for job currently.
Sometime it "too good to be truth" in this kind of current economy.

I wonder anybody in Seagate will be able to provide some insight on what is the prospect of these opportunities.

QUOTE(kiizai @ Jan 11 2009, 01:17 PM)
Went to the walk in interview around 11am;
thought should be a lot people attend the interview
but only 1 person was been interview when i arrived.
Seem... no 1 is interest on this interview?
At another venue which is Emirates Airline
interview for cabin crew filled with a lot pretty girl  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif

30 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0321sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:52 AM