3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IPO: Sona Petroleum Berhad, SPAC IPO

views

TSdavinz18
post Mar 7 2013, 05:47 PM, updated 10y ago

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Sona Petroleum Bhd, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), is eyeing to raise up to RM550 million from its initial public offering (IPO) exercise on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities.

In its prospectus exposure on Securities Commission Malaysia’s (SC) website Thursday, the company said its IPO comprises issuing up to 1.1 billion new shares of one sen each, together with up to 1.1 billion free detachable warrants on the basis one warrant for every one new share subscribed.

Sona in its prospectus exposure said it is offering 141 million shares or 10% of its paid-up share capital for retail offering and up to 959 million shares or 68% stake as institutional offering via private placement.

The company said the minimum number of shares to be subscribed under its IPO is 300 million shares that would raise RM300 million as required in respect of a SPAC, in accordance with the Equity Guidelines.

“We believe that by raising RM150 million we would have sufficient proceeds to acquire an asset as our qualifying acquisition.

“However, we are offering up to 1.1 billion shares so as to raise up to RM550 million under our IPO as we believe a larger capital base may give us more options when we acquire an asset as our qualifying acquisition,” it said.

Nonetheless, the company said its management team believes that any amount between RM150 million and RM550 million would still place Sona in a favourable position to complete its qualifying acquisition.

The company intends to set aside 90% of its IPO proceeds for its qualifying acquisition and thereafter, other asset acquisition.

Sona said some RM33.8 million from its IPO proceeds would be utilised as working capital to finance its operating expenses.

Sona is helmed by managing director Datuk Seri Hadian Hashim, who is a major shareholder in Integrated Petroleum Services Sdn Bhd, a company that provides services and products to the upstream oil and gas sector.

The company’s executive director is Datuk Masnah Abdul Jalil, who was head of corporate finance and principle investments at Hong Leong Financial Group Bhd.

Prior to that, Maznah was senior group director for corporate finance and advisory of DRB-HICOM Bhd.

Sona Petroleum Bhd was formerly known as: Titanium Windfall Sdn Bhd.

This post has been edited by davinz18: Aug 26 2013, 03:51 PM
chrisw
post Mar 7 2013, 05:50 PM

Stay hungry, stay foolish
1,275 posts

when? hmm.gif
TSdavinz18
post Mar 7 2013, 06:00 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

QUOTE(chrisw @ Mar 7 2013, 05:50 PM)
when? hmm.gif
Maybe another few months, depend on SC approval.
hyzam1212
post Mar 8 2013, 02:58 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

Sorry Mod...havent noticed the ori thread
clevermunkeygirl
post Mar 25 2013, 03:43 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Mar 7 2013, 06:00 PM)
Maybe another few months, depend on SC approval.
heard gonna be sometime in May. Looking forward to it - rclxms.gif Heard that the key management team is super strong with loads of experience in the O&G industry. Hibiscus is doing well so i bet there's plenty potential for this one. I heard it's gonna be cheaper per share. not sure yet.
ilovemani
post Mar 25 2013, 04:31 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Mar 7 2013, 05:47 PM)
Sona Petroleum Bhd, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), is eyeing to raise up to RM550 million from its initial public offering (IPO) exercise on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities.

In its prospectus exposure on Securities Commission Malaysia’s (SC) website Thursday, the company said its IPO comprises issuing up to 1.1 billion new shares of one sen each, together with up to 1.1 billion free detachable warrants on the basis one warrant for every one new share subscribed.

Sona in its prospectus exposure said it is offering 141 million shares or 10% of its paid-up share capital for retail offering and up to 959 million shares or 68% stake as institutional offering via private placement.

The company said the minimum number of shares to be subscribed under its IPO is 300 million shares that would raise RM300 million as required in respect of a SPAC, in accordance with the Equity Guidelines.

“We believe that by raising RM150 million we would have sufficient proceeds to acquire an asset as our qualifying acquisition.

“However, we are offering up to 1.1 billion shares so as to raise up to RM550 million under our IPO as we believe a larger capital base may give us more options when we acquire an asset as our qualifying acquisition,” it said.

Nonetheless, the company said its management team believes that any amount between RM150 million and RM550 million would still place Sona in a favourable position to complete its qualifying acquisition.

The company intends to set aside 90% of its IPO proceeds for its qualifying acquisition and thereafter, other asset acquisition.

Sona said some RM33.8 million from its IPO proceeds would be utilised as working capital to finance its operating expenses.

Sona is helmed by managing director Datuk Seri Hadian Hashim, who is a major shareholder in Integrated Petroleum Services Sdn Bhd, a company that provides services and products to the upstream oil and gas sector.

The company’s executive director is Datuk Masnah Abdul Jalil, who was head of corporate finance and principle investments at Hong Leong Financial Group Bhd.

Prior to that, Maznah was senior group director for corporate finance and advisory of DRB-HICOM Bhd.

What are your thoughts on this new SPAC?
ilovemani
post Mar 25 2013, 04:32 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(clevermunkeygirl @ Mar 25 2013, 03:43 PM)
heard gonna be sometime in May. Looking forward to it -  rclxms.gif  Heard that the key management team is super strong with loads of experience in the O&G industry. Hibiscus is doing well so i bet there's plenty potential for this one. I heard it's gonna be cheaper per share. not sure yet.
why cheaper? then should be a good buy
TSdavinz18
post Mar 25 2013, 06:32 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

QUOTE(ilovemani @ Mar 25 2013, 04:31 PM)
What are your thoughts on this new SPAC?

looks okay for me
management also good.

fiqir
post Mar 25 2013, 08:20 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

this would be spac after Cliq energy.
GloryKnight
post Mar 25 2013, 11:08 PM

Regular
1,770 posts

CLIQ energy should be better than this, if BN wins, then this SPAC would be good. Why?

Keyword:-Sona is helmed by managing director Datuk Seri Hadian Hashim, who is a major shareholder in Integrated Petroleum Services Sdn Bhd, a company that provides services and products to the upstream oil and gas sector.

More business/more connections/more undertab- oops.
ilovemani
post Mar 26 2013, 12:16 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Mar 25 2013, 06:32 PM)
looks okay for me
management also good.
then might invest! since i miss out on hibiscus. and if cheaper then good!
what-the-wong1975
post Mar 26 2013, 03:39 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(ilovemani @ Mar 26 2013, 12:16 PM)
Ya, I’m saving bullets for SONA coz I think they knows their stuff.
minshome
post Mar 26 2013, 04:10 PM

Casual
432 posts

Why most ppl think SONA is better than CLIQ???
clevermunkeygirl
post Mar 26 2013, 04:30 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Mar 26 2013, 04:10 PM)
Why most ppl think SONA is better than CLIQ???
yea, i m also interested to know. same E&P ventures...

ChinCC12345
post Mar 26 2013, 10:20 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(ilovemani @ Mar 26 2013, 12:16 PM)
With MD’s involvement in a relevant industry, it’s better for business. SPACs are all about management - no business portfolios to see so the ppl behind is very important. Eager to see how this goes compared to Hibiscus and CLIQ.

Personally i think there's investment potential, given that the O&G industry is looking good.
Plus, SPACs are safer.
Very eager and excited to see how these few SPACs perform.
what-the-wong1975
post Mar 31 2013, 12:27 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(clevermunkeygirl @ Mar 26 2013, 04:30 PM)
yea, i m also interested to know. same E&P ventures...
In recent news, I heard another SPAC, Australaysia over exposed details. Looks like it's not gonna be listed anytime soon.
If you missed the Hibiscus boat then looks like Sona is still the way to go. Stronger management compared to other SPACs.
ChinCC12345
post Apr 5 2013, 09:40 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(what-the-wong1975 @ Mar 31 2013, 12:27 AM)
In recent news, I heard another SPAC, Australaysia over exposed details. Looks like it's not gonna be listed anytime soon.
If you missed the Hibiscus boat then looks like Sona is still the way to go. Stronger management compared to other SPACs.
Check this out: http://flyingspaghettimonster.com/portal/forums/showthre...65#post16744065
ilovemani
post Apr 7 2013, 10:37 PM

10 posts

There’s been a lot of talks in the market about SPAC lately. Four more SPAC listings are expected to follow in the footsteps of Hibiscus Petroleum, who was the first SPAC to list on Bursa Malaysia in July 2011.

Also to list their SPAC is Sona Petroleum Berhad. Based on its draft exposure released on the SC website recently, the Initial Public Offering, commonly called the IPO could potentially be the largest SPAC in Malaysia with a fundraising size of up to RM550 million. The company’s focus is on the Exploration & Production (E&P) segment of the lucrative Oil & Gas chain with target markets or Regions of Interest in South East Asia, the Middle East and Africa.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with what a SPAC is, SPAC is short for Special Purpose Acquisition Company and is a company that has no operations or income generating business at the point of IPO, and has yet to complete a Qualifying Acquisition (QA) with the proceeds of such offering.

The several key aspects of a SPAC are basically:
1. Management’s credibility
2. Investor Protection
3. Refund Flexibility and
4. Alignment of interest between investors and management

A SPAC must have a credible management team who can identify attractive targets and make value creating acquisitions that will meet the SPAC’s strategy and enhance shareholders’ value.

The management team must have the track record, qualifications and experience that are relevant to specific industries where acquisitions are intended to be made and to achieve the SPAC’s business strategy as laid out in the prospectus and to competently perform their individual roles.

In Sona’s case, its management team will be led by Oil & Gas Veteran Dato’ Sri Hadian bin Hashim, who started his career with Sarawak Shell and later ventured into Oil & Gas industry-related business from 1995 onwards. His passion for the industry is justified as he has with him over 30 years of experience as an engineer and entrepreneur in the Oil & Gas industry.

The entire board of directors, the majority of which will be running the E&P business, have a combined experience of over 390 years in the Oil and Gas industry.

According to the draft prospectus exposure, Sona Petroleum will be offering up to 1.1 billion shares at RM0.50 per share with up to 1.1 billion free detachable warrants on the basis of 1 warrant to every share.

It is also interesting to note that this will be the first SPAC with a MITI Bumiputera offering in the Institutional Offering tranche.

Just like any other SPAC, Sona Petroleum is dependent on the management’s capability of successfully acquiring the right kind of assets within the permitted timeframe of 3 years. Once listed, 90% of the proceeds raised will be placed in a trust or escrow account which is interest bearing. Any SPAC that fails to complete a QA within the permitted timeframe, the company will have to be liquidated and investors will receive the money held in the trust account.

clevermunkeygirl
post Apr 8 2013, 11:26 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Mar 7 2013, 05:47 PM)

Check out their latest news: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM...s/sona/sona.pdf
Mustaffa AL
post Jun 6 2013, 10:23 AM

1 posts

Dear everybody,

I'm in the opinion that we shouldn't invest at all in these so-called SPAC companies in Bursa. I think it is a scam that majority Malaysian public is not aware that E & P business is a very risky venture. I firmly believe that our Securities Commission is very naive or purportedly staging a good scam in luring the public to put their money in investing their CRPS or the like.

As my background as an E & P engineer spanning some 24 odd years worldwide, I would like to share my experience especially taking Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd as the case study. I have tried to download Sona Petroleum Bhd's Prospectus but unfortunately it is now not available sort of the SC has pull-out its contents or else. Please try peruse:http://www.sc.com.my/main.asp?pageid=1250. Could someone share with me on their prospectus please?

Now looking at Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd, back in Oct 2011 they announced to pay USD55 million for 35% shares holding in Lime Petroleum PLC. After SC approval and EGM in April 2012 they paid accordingly. Until today Lime Petroleum PLC is doing all high risk exploratory E & P ventures and had relinquished major blocks in UAE. Most recently they partnered with North Energy ASA to explore Rex technology and paid NOK31.8 million. However North Energy ASA had spent NOK1,061 million and accruing losses of NOK601 million in their 2012 balance sheet so far while not a single drop of oil is extracted out from their E & P venture. I think Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd is not going any much longer than try to sustain the momentum of pouring Malaysian public investment into dry wells or high risk exploratory offshore oil ventures. Historically only oil majors are doing these ventures since they have bigger purse to spend. Rex technology so-called resonance analysis from seismic data is a truly scam - not new but been tried many by oil majors before! I felt very upset how could Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd people like Mohd Iwan Jefy A Majid, David Richards, Dr. Rabi Bastia Padmashree, Dr. Kenneth Pereira, Zainol Izzet Mohd Ishak and Zainul Rahim Mohd Zain who has vast experience in E & P business before could fell into this sort of believe? The only venture looks promising is their AUD27 million acquisition of Australian West Seahorse, Sea Lion and Felix fields. However the oil reserve is small at 7.2 MMBO which is very expensive farm-in. I reckon they need another AUD250 million just to prepare to drain out the oil there in the near future. This will unfortunately delay their return to profit timeline! Of lately they are trying to raise another RM210 million or USD70 million to sustain their operations.

I do not know what are the plan of Sona Petroleum Bhd and Cliq Energy Bhd but a simple conclusion is that, an oil company is not an oil company until it produce oil or flowing gas! That are the main matters. These oil and gas the the bloodline of the company. Pity our SC and Bursa didn't learn from the experience of NASDAX, NYSE, LSE, DAX, TSX, ASX and others in evaluating an E & P Companies. Maybe they think Idris Jala is a genius in promoting so called the economic transformation - into an E & P doldrums. rclxub.gif
minshome
post Jun 6 2013, 11:15 AM

Casual
432 posts

nice say...
tiramisu83
post Jun 8 2013, 06:26 PM

On my way
626 posts

Hey guys, I heard my friend said his Malay friend can get him a pink form with financing in this IPO, may I know what is this means? Means can 100% get the IPO?
TSdavinz18
post Jun 8 2013, 06:46 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

QUOTE(tiramisu83 @ Jun 8 2013, 06:26 PM)
Hey guys, I heard my friend said his Malay friend can get him a pink form with financing in this IPO, may I know what is this means? Means can 100% get the IPO?
http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/20130425000709/Article/

tiramisu83
post Jun 8 2013, 07:10 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Jun 8 2013, 06:46 PM)
Then I just curious what is the main difference between pink form and if I buy via ATM? Is pink form has the higher chance to get it?
hyzam1212
post Jun 8 2013, 07:21 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(tiramisu83 @ Jun 8 2013, 07:10 PM)
Then I just curious what is the main difference between pink form and if I buy via ATM? Is pink form has the higher chance to get it?
The general consensus is higher but they just dont want to guarantee you, I think thats it....if u get such opportunity no harm in applying because obviously through atm is even harder
wisillichok
post Jun 8 2013, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(tiramisu83 @ Jun 8 2013, 06:26 PM)
Pink form is meant for employee. almost 100% chances,
however I thk under his/her name not yours
tiramisu83
post Jun 9 2013, 10:57 AM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(wisillichok @ Jun 8 2013, 11:49 PM)
Pink form is meant for employee. almost 100% chances,
however I thk under his/her name not yours
Maybe his Malay friend has no money, so ask my friend like a joint investment with him, if untung then share profit..but a bit risk as is not under my friends name
Mikken
post Jun 9 2013, 12:08 PM

#
1,092 posts

QUOTE(Mustaffa AL @ Jun 6 2013, 11:23 AM)
Dear everybody,

I'm in the opinion that we shouldn't invest at all in these so-called SPAC companies in Bursa. I think it is a scam that majority Malaysian public is not aware that E & P business is a very risky venture. I firmly believe that our Securities Commission is very naive or purportedly staging a good scam in luring the public to put their money in investing their CRPS or the like.

As my background as an E & P engineer spanning some 24 odd years worldwide, I would like to share my experience especially taking Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd as the case study. I have tried to download Sona Petroleum Bhd's Prospectus but unfortunately it is now not available sort of the SC has pull-out its contents or else. Please try peruse:http://www.sc.com.my/main.asp?pageid=1250. Could someone share with me on their prospectus please?

Now looking at Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd, back in Oct 2011 they announced to pay USD55 million for 35% shares holding in Lime Petroleum PLC. After SC approval and EGM in April 2012 they paid accordingly. Until today Lime Petroleum PLC is doing all high risk exploratory E & P ventures and had relinquished major blocks in UAE. Most recently they partnered with North Energy ASA to explore Rex technology and paid NOK31.8 million. However North Energy ASA had spent NOK1,061 million and accruing losses of NOK601 million in their 2012 balance sheet so far while not a single drop of oil is extracted out from their E & P venture. I think Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd is not going any much longer than try to sustain the momentum of pouring Malaysian public investment into dry wells or high risk exploratory offshore oil ventures. Historically only oil majors are doing these ventures since they have bigger purse to spend. Rex technology so-called resonance analysis from seismic data is a truly scam - not new but been tried many by oil majors before! I felt very upset how could Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd people like Mohd Iwan Jefy A Majid, David Richards, Dr. Rabi Bastia Padmashree, Dr. Kenneth Pereira, Zainol Izzet Mohd Ishak and Zainul Rahim Mohd Zain who has vast experience in E & P business before could fell into this sort of believe? The only venture looks promising is their AUD27 million acquisition of Australian West Seahorse, Sea Lion and Felix fields. However the oil reserve is small at 7.2 MMBO which is very expensive farm-in. I reckon they need another AUD250 million just to prepare to drain out the oil there in the near future. This will unfortunately delay their return to profit timeline! Of lately they are trying to raise another RM210 million or USD70 million to sustain their operations.

I do not know what are the plan of Sona Petroleum Bhd and Cliq Energy Bhd but a simple conclusion is that, an oil company is not an oil company until it produce oil or flowing gas! That are the main matters. These oil and gas the the bloodline of the company. Pity our SC and Bursa didn't learn from the experience of NASDAX, NYSE, LSE, DAX, TSX, ASX and others in evaluating an E & P Companies. Maybe they think Idris Jala is a genius in promoting so called the economic transformation - into an E & P doldrums. rclxub.gif
Well said. Spac is a risky business. Invest with your spare money

hyzam1212
post Jun 15 2013, 12:12 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

Listing approval confirmed...this shld be a bit fierce on the subscription

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...00&sec=business

This post has been edited by hyzam1212: Jun 15 2013, 12:13 PM
fiqir
post Jun 15 2013, 12:28 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

good news. nice
ah_fui
post Jun 15 2013, 06:00 PM

technical potatoz
858 posts

when its going to ipo ?
john123x
post Jun 15 2013, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

waiting for the prospectus
TSdavinz18
post Jun 15 2013, 07:26 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Sona to spend RM495mil to acquire assets

Sona Petroleum Bhd, which is expected to raise RM550 million from its initial public offering (IPO) exercise, will use RM495 million to acquire assets, RM33.79 million for working capital and RM21.21 million for the estimated listing expenses.

The special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) said it planned to operate as an independent exploration and production (E&P) company. Sona Petroleum managing director, Hadian Hashim, said the company aimed to acquire assets in the E&P phases of the oil and gas value chain.

"The recent developments, coupled with the current conditions of the oil and gas industry, present both a favourable environment for acquisitions and an attractive operating environment of E&P assets. "Our IPO would provide a strong platform for us to launch the company's maiden foray in the E&P industry," he said

cadmus
post Jun 17 2013, 09:44 AM

too long...
1,132 posts

QUOTE(Mustaffa AL @ Jun 6 2013, 10:23 AM)
Dear everybody,

Wow, your first post after signing up.

Anyway, agree with your thoughts. However, i would split it into 2 section.

1st section is pre-acquisition. The 1st section is risky up to certain extend. If you purchases the mother share for SPAC company below the protected amount, your fund is protected in a trust fund (to be confirm with new SPAC IPO. CLIQ have such clause). For example, for CLIQ, your fund is protected up to RM0.675/share minus some charges (if fails to acquire any assets within 3 years).

2nd section is post-acquisition. Your statement is about post-acquisition risk. Therefore, you'll have to treat it as another company instead of SPAC because it already have some assets. High risk but may be rewarded with good returns for exploration and productions. Depending on the Management's Due Diligence during the acquisition period.

For post-acquisition, I wouldn't say "SPAC" but would say the Company is risky, cos its another E&P company.

Instead, i would agree if you say "SPAC" is risky, pre-acquisition, up to a certain limit (if you buy at RM1/share (e.g) during this stage and the protected amount is up to RM0.675/share only, you are actually loosing RM0.325/share ++ if the SPAC fails to take off within 3 years)
HUNGRY BIRD
post Jun 18 2013, 02:01 PM

37 posts

SONA PETROLEUM :
result for IPO application thru MITI is already out. can check after 2pm today.
fiqir
post Jun 18 2013, 02:44 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

yup, miti result for sona petroleum already out. nice
fiqir
post Jun 18 2013, 02:56 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

Malaysia's Sona Petroleum to raise nearly $160 mln in IPO

(Reuters) - Malaysia's Sona Petroleum plans to raise more than 500 million ringgit ($159.62 million) in an initial public share offering, making it the biggest special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) to be listed so far in the southeast Asian country.

Sona Petroleum said in a statement on Friday it would offer 1.1 billion ordinary shares at an issue price of 0.50 ringgit per share. Each share will be issued with a free detachable warrant.

The oil and gas company did not give a specific date for its debut on the Kuala Lumpur stock exchange, but said the Securities Commission had approved the IPO.

SPACs like Sona Petroleum are known as blank cheque IPOs as the firms raise money through the stock exchange without a single asset other than a plan to buy assets or other firms that will be injected into the entity.

In this case, Sona Petroleum will look to buy oil and gas production assets in southeast Asia, the Middle East and parts of Africa, the company said. After the acquisitions, the firm said, it will operate as an independent exploration and production company.

Sona Petroleum's listing follows an April IPO by another oil and gas firm, Cliq Energy, which raised about $120 million.

Another two are going for IPOs as political risk ebbs after May elections, opening up the deal pipeline for 2013. In 2012, Malaysia had a record year for IPOs with the listing of plantation operator Felda Global and hospital operator IHH Healthcare. ($1 = 3.1325 Malaysian ringgit) (Reporting by Niluksi Koswanage; editing by Tom Pfeiffer)
hyzam1212
post Jun 18 2013, 02:59 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

Cliq Mk 2...100% subscription again? can ride on cliq uncertain announcement
minshome
post Jun 18 2013, 03:09 PM

Casual
432 posts

how much the value for sona share + warrant?
HUNGRY BIRD
post Jun 18 2013, 04:12 PM

37 posts

indicative price RM0.50
(portion for warrant - no info yet..)
expected listing date 30/7/2013
kamrulbj6107
post Jun 20 2013, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

this SONA good or not?
TSdavinz18
post Jun 24 2013, 04:27 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Sona Petroleum aims to raise RM550mil from IPO

Sona Petroleum Bhd, a special purpose acquisition company (Spac), has signed an underwriting agreement for its proposed initial public offering (IPO). The company hopes to raise RM550 million from the IPO.

CIMB Investment Bank and RHB Investment Bank have been appointed the joint principal advisers, joint placement agents, joint managing underwriter and joint underwriters.

Kenanga Investment Bank and MIDF Amanah Investment Bank are the joint underwriters for the company's IPO exercise. Sona Petroleum, which will be listed on the Main Market of Bursa Securities, hopes to complete its listing exercise in the second half of 2013.

The company's IPO involves a public issue of up to 1.1 billion new ordinary shares of RM0.01 each.

The shareholders will be given free detachable warrants of up to 1.1 billion on the basis of one warrant for every one public issue share, with the conversion price expected at 35 sen each within five years.

The agreement was signed between Datuk Seri Hadian Hashim, Managing Director and Non-Independent Executive Director of Sona Petroleum, and representatives of the respective investment banks.

At a press conference, Hadian said:"As a Spac, the company has no operations or income generating business at the point of IPO and the fund raised will be used for the purpose of acquiring operating companies or assets in exploration and production.

"We are given three years after listing to explore the acquisition and confident of meeting the timeline. We are currently eyeing specific regions like Middle-east, Africa and Southeast Asia for investments."

fiqir
post Jun 24 2013, 04:59 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

Sona Petroleum to see revenue within three years

KUALA LUMPUR (June 24): Sona Petroleum is expecting to generate revenue within three years after being listed on the Main Market of Bursa Securities, said its managing director Datuk Sri Hadian Hashim.

“Once we have a production asset, the revenue will start coming in,” he said after signing an underwriting agreement with CIMB Investment Bank Bhd, RHB Investment Bank Bhd, Kenanga Investment Bhd and MIDF Amanah Investment today.

Sona Petroleum is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) that is estimated to be listed in the second half of this year.

As a SPAC, Sona Petroleum has no operations or income-generating business at the point of its initial public offering (IPO).

The company is proposing IPO of up to 1.1 billion new ordinary shares of 1 sen each, which are sweetened by up to 1.1 billion free detachable warrants attached on the basis of one warrant to every one public issue share.

By raising the funds, the company will acquire operating companies or assets, otherwise known as qualifying assets (QA) in the exploration and production (E&P) phases within the oil and gas value chain.
fiqir
post Jun 24 2013, 05:09 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

Sona Petroleum signs underwriting agreement

KUALA LUMPUR (June 24): Sona

Petroleum Bhd, set to be the third special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) to be listed on Bursa Malaysia, has signed an official underwriting agreement

for its proposed listing exercise.In a statement, Sona Petroleum said it has appointed CIMB Investment Bank and RHB Investment Bank as its joint

principal advisers, joint placement agents, joint managing underwriters and joint underwriters.

Kenanga Investment Bank and MIDF Amanah Investment Bank have also been appointed as Sona Petroleum’s jointunderwriters, the company said.

“We are honoured to have our appointed investment bankers as partners on board and we are confident that the

entire proposed listing exercise will complete smoothly with their assistance,”

said Sona Petroleum independent non-executive chairman Andreas Johannes Raymundus van Strijp.

It was reported earlier that the company intends to raise up to RM550 million for the acquisition of assets. To

do so, Sona Petroleum will offer up to 1.1 billion new shares with each coming with a free detachable warrant for its initial public offering (IPO).

“As a SPAC, Sona Petroleum has no operations or income-generating business at the point of its IPO. The Company seeks to

raise funds through its IPO for the purpose of acquiring operating companies or

assets, otherwise known as qualifying acquisition in the exploration and production phases within the oil and gas value chain,” said Sona Petroleum

The company’s proposed listing exercise is estimated to be completed in the second half of this year, the statement said.

Sona Petroleum will be the second SPAC to make its debut on Bursa Malaysia this year, and the third SPAC to be listed on the local bourse’s Main Market. CLIQ Energy Bhd, another SPAC

was officially listed on April 10 of this year. Its shares closed 5.5 sen lower from its offer price of 62.5 sen to 57 sen on its maiden trading day, while its warrants

settled five sen higher at 17.5 sen apiece.

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jun 24 2013, 05:11 PM
kb2005
post Jun 24 2013, 06:58 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Good to apply ?
hyzam1212
post Jun 25 2013, 07:54 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

Prospectus next month but the listing will not be too soon...the largest SPAC to date

KUALA LUMPUR: Sona Petroleum Bhd, the latest special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) to be approved for listing, is poised to hit a record-breaking RM550mil in initial public offering (IPO) proceeds for a SPAC, having just inked an underwriting agreement with four local banks.

Asked if the management was confident of hitting the ambitious fund-raising target, managing director Datuk Seri Hadian Hashim said: “Yes, the first two investors have given us that level of confidence. The response has been good.”

Although Hadian declined to provide specifics on the investors, sources told StarBiz that two funds were close to investing in the SPAC, namely, Hong Kong-based hedge fund Segantii Capital and a unit of the Hong Leong group.

He said that one of Sona's selling points was its management team, comprising experienced oil and gas (O&G) individuals. Hadian himself is a major shareholder in O&G upstream services provider Integrated Petroleum Services Sdn Bhd, an approved vendor to Petroliam Nasional Bhd.

Chief financial officer Datuk Maznah Abdul Jalil is a well-known corporate figure, having been a key lieutenant of the late Tan Sri Yahaya Ahmad of DRB-Hicom.

She also has 30 years of investment banking and advisory work experience, having held senior positions in Amanah Merchant Bank Bhd, Hong Leong Financial Group and Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd.

Another notable member of the management team is independent non-executive chairman Andreas Johannes Raymundus van Strijp, who has served 30 years in various Shell companies in Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Brunei, Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates, mainly in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

“I have my old colleagues from my time in Shell here with us, and a fantastic team of O&G experts from various leading O&G companies around the world; each with his own expertise and experience to offer,” van Strijp said.

Hadian pointed out that Sona would be more focused on production assets rather than exploration assets.

“Unlike the other SPACs, which are more focused on exploration assets and mineral resources, we're looking at producing assets,” he said after the underwriting ceremony.

He added that the SPAC's regions of interest were Asean, the Middle East and selected countries in Africa, where the management team had experience in.

Sona will be offering up to 1.1 billion shares at one sen apiece, with up to 1.1 billion free detachable warrants on the basis of one warrant for every share. The conversion price of the warrants is 35 sen, with a five-year conversion period.

Sona is expected to launch its prospectus on July 5, while the listing is likely to be by the year-end.

Still, Sona will be in competition with other SPACs looking to raise funds.

StarBizWeek had reported that there were as many as five SPACs in the Malaysian market now, including Sona, that were looking to raise a total RM1.18bil.

Sona intends to allocate 90% of its IPO proceeds to its qualifying acquisition and other asset acquisitions in the future. Some RM33.8mil from the proceeds would be utilised as working capital.

The management is expected to hold 20% of the enlarged capital.

Sona has appointed CIMB Investment Bank and RHB Investment Bank as its joint principal advisers, joint placement agents, joint managing underwriters and joint underwriters. Kenanga Investment Bank and MIDF Amanah Investment Bank are the joint underwriters for the proposed IPO.

Two other SPACs already listed on Bursa Malaysia are Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd, listed in July 2011, and CLIQ Energy Bhd, listed in April this year. Both are O&G exploration and production-focused SPACs.

Sona was formerly known as Titanium Windfall Sdn Bhd.

sos thestar
hyzam1212
post Jun 25 2013, 08:05 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

So many exploration and production special-purpose acquisition companies is troubling

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...18&sec=business

BabyEmpire
post Jun 25 2013, 08:35 PM

5 posts

Anyone know when SONA will be listed?

fiqir
post Jun 25 2013, 08:38 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

listing end of july. next month.
kb2005
post Jun 25 2013, 10:03 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jun 25 2013, 08:38 PM)
So fast ? Huh! July is IPO month! biggrin.gif
Zerolized
post Jun 25 2013, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

how do you know?
fiqir
post Jun 25 2013, 10:13 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

from news if not mistaken. but its said end of july. still got time to get prepare.
goldironman
post Jun 25 2013, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

See below bolded.

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jun 25 2013, 07:54 AM)
Prospectus next month but the listing will not be too soon...the largest SPAC to date

KUALA LUMPUR: Sona Petroleum Bhd, the latest special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) to be approved for listing, is poised to hit a record-breaking RM550mil in initial public offering (IPO) proceeds for a SPAC, having just inked an underwriting agreement with four local banks.

Sona is expected to launch its prospectus on July 5, while the listing is likely to be by the year-end.

sos thestar
zitis
post Jun 25 2013, 10:34 PM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jun 25 2013, 10:03 PM)
Haha.... July not only IPO month but also ur special month. tongue.gif
fiqir
post Jun 25 2013, 10:37 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

just wait and see then. biggrin.gif
kb2005
post Jun 25 2013, 11:02 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jun 25 2013, 10:34 PM)
Haha.... July not only IPO month but also ur special month. tongue.gif
Haha. True also. Selamat Berpuasa Zitis. biggrin.gif
BabyEmpire
post Jun 25 2013, 11:58 PM

5 posts

i hope it will be end of the year, because listing SONA will affect Cliq
fiqir
post Jun 26 2013, 11:44 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

yup, so many big ipo next month, including sona petroleum. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jun 26 2013, 11:45 AM
fiqir
post Jun 26 2013, 11:48 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

The listing, which Hadian said could be in late July, would make Sona Petroleum the third SPAC to list on Bursa Malaysia after Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd in July 2011 and CLIQ Energy Bhd which debuted on April 10 this year.
kb2005
post Jun 26 2013, 01:30 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jun 26 2013, 11:44 AM)
yup, so many big ipo next month, including sona petroleum.  rclxms.gif
Need more cash. biggrin.gif
McHoong
post Jun 26 2013, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

hey bro, u know about the launching price?
McHoong
post Jun 26 2013, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

what else coming up huh?

minshome
post Jun 26 2013, 10:37 PM

Casual
432 posts

wat is the real mother share + warrant IPO price?

Some say mother (35 cen) + warrant (7.5 cen) = 42.5 cen, is it true?
zitis
post Jun 27 2013, 08:47 AM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

QUOTE(McHoong @ Jun 26 2013, 10:22 PM)
hey bro, u know about the launching price?
Around 0.85 cents.
minshome
post Jun 27 2013, 08:52 AM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jun 27 2013, 09:47 AM)
Around 0.85 cents.
how much the warrant price?
zitis
post Jun 27 2013, 08:58 AM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Jun 27 2013, 08:52 AM)
how much the warrant price?
I think with free warrant.
nightzstar
post Jun 27 2013, 09:14 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

seem like a good target hmm.gif
zamans98
post Jun 27 2013, 11:24 AM

�oquıɐɹ ǝɥ� ɹǝ�o 'ǝɹǝɥ�ǝɯos
8,477 posts

so if its 0.85 with free warrants,

it will be something like this??

Mother : 0.65
Son : 0.20

kamrulbj6107
post Jun 27 2013, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

i think its like this: IPO Price = MITI price = 50 sen

Mother : 0.35 sen
Anak : 0.15 sen (detachable)
BonDRai
post Jun 27 2013, 03:09 PM

11 posts

Seems to be a good prospect of company. Just like Cliq and Hibiscus.
Potential to get capital gain from this share I think. Especially with favorable IPO price (if its really < rm0.85/s)

kamrulbj6107
post Jun 27 2013, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

MITI allocation letter state that:
Par value = RM0.01/unit
Offer Price = RM0.50 (indikatif)

Payment before 9 July.

This post has been edited by kamrulbj6107: Jun 27 2013, 03:27 PM
fiqir
post Jun 27 2013, 03:36 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(BonDRai @ Jun 27 2013, 03:09 PM)
Seems to be a good prospect of company. Just like Cliq and Hibiscus.
Potential to get capital gain from this share I think. Especially with favorable IPO price (if its really < rm0.85/s)
this sona even better management and the biggest ipo than cliq or hibiscus. i also see good potential with this company. just my opinion.

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jun 27 2013, 03:37 PM
TSdavinz18
post Jun 27 2013, 03:54 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Australaysia and TerraGali listings hit snag with regulator

The two mining-related special-purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) that are looking to list on Bursa Malaysia are facing hiccups in their applications with the regulator, sources said.

Sources said these companies' applications to list are not meeting some of the criteria set by the Securities Commission (SC).

nightzstar
post Jun 28 2013, 09:13 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Jun 27 2013, 03:54 PM)
Australaysia and TerraGali listings hit snag with regulator

The two mining-related special-purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) that are looking to list on Bursa Malaysia are facing hiccups in their applications with the regulator, sources said.

Sources said these companies' applications to list are not meeting some of the criteria set by the Securities Commission (SC).
this mean they are not able to proceed with IPO? hmm.gif
hyzam1212
post Jun 28 2013, 11:16 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jun 28 2013, 09:13 AM)
this mean they are not able to proceed with IPO? hmm.gif
it doesnt mean tht they cant proceed but they hit a snag; meaning to say that, they need to fulfil certain requirements beforehand and obviously may affect the listing timeline
koinibler
post Jun 28 2013, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,050 posts

Sorry first,
Just wonder if Australaysia and TerraGali are related to Sona?
hyzam1212
post Jun 28 2013, 02:47 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(koinibler @ Jun 28 2013, 02:38 PM)
Sorry first,
Just wonder if Australaysia and TerraGali are related to Sona?
Both are not related due to the difference in their sector, the only similarity is they are SPAC companies

This post has been edited by hyzam1212: Jun 28 2013, 02:49 PM
zamans98
post Jul 2 2013, 12:20 PM

8,477 posts

Any latest news when this will be available for public IPO?
nightzstar
post Jul 4 2013, 08:45 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 2 2013, 12:20 PM)
Any latest news when this will be available for public IPO?
end of july
azlan88
post Jul 5 2013, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Sona IPO launched today? It is already in the section of upcoming IPO in eIPO CIMB.
hyzam1212
post Jul 5 2013, 09:50 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

Presumed after raya...application can be done first i think...

We only have the 2nd week of puasa free for the listing
kailc
post Jul 5 2013, 09:51 AM

Enthusiast
976 posts

SONA PETROLEUM BERHAD

Opening of application 05/07/2013
Closing of application 12/07/2013
Balloting of applications 17/07/2013
Allotment of IPO shares to successful applicants 26/07/2013
Tentative listing date 30/07/2013

hyzam1212
post Jul 5 2013, 10:12 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

wow one day before Ranhill...interesting

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed...cements/1342553
yeobobo
post Jul 5 2013, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

whats the indicative price for the free detachable warrant ?

0.15 ?
ronnie
post Jul 5 2013, 10:50 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

So for IPO, we pay RM0.50 for mother share free 1 warrant ?
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 5 2013, 11:02 AM

On my way
654 posts

PAR value is how much?

Any TP or FV for reference? Thanks
minshome
post Jul 5 2013, 11:13 AM

Casual
432 posts

i see exercise price for warrant is 0.35, mean it worth 0.35 ?
azlan88
post Jul 5 2013, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

I haven't go through the prospectus. but from Cliq Energy experience,
the warrant may be priced at 8 cent and mother share 42 cent. Total 50 cent.

Cliq Energy mother share was priced at 62.5 cent and their warrant at 12.5 cent.

I have a great feeling that Sona Petroleum is more aggressive in term of effort to find for Qualifying Asset. Cliq Energy nampak macam takdak apa2 je.
fiqir
post Jul 5 2013, 12:51 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(kailc @ Jul 5 2013, 09:51 AM)
SONA PETROLEUM BERHAD

Allotment of IPO shares to successful applicants  26/07/2013
good. thanks for info. smile.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 5 2013, 12:58 PM
hyzam1212
post Jul 5 2013, 01:02 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(azlan88 @ Jul 5 2013, 11:36 AM)
I haven't go through the prospectus. but from Cliq Energy experience,
the warrant may be priced at 8 cent and mother share 42 cent. Total 50 cent.

Cliq Energy mother share was priced at 62.5 cent and their warrant at 12.5 cent.

I have a great feeling that Sona Petroleum is more aggressive in term of effort to find for Qualifying Asset. Cliq Energy nampak macam takdak apa2 je.
tapi cliq consider lagi agresif kan dari hibiscus? I think they are just playing the market...creating fear and buying opportunities based on the QA rumour...flushing the short term holders... all that matters now is the agm
azlan88
post Jul 5 2013, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 5 2013, 01:02 PM)
tapi cliq consider lagi agresif kan dari hibiscus? I think they are just playing the market...creating fear and buying opportunities based on the QA rumour...flushing the short term holders... all that matters now is the agm
Ya, tak sabar nak tggu AGM. Banyak soalan pasal hala tuju syarikat dan gaji pengarah.
TSdavinz18
post Jul 5 2013, 03:30 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Sona Petroleum IPO receives 35% takeup from cornerstone investors

Sona Petroleum Bhd has received 35% take-up from cornerstone investors for shares in its IPO.

Sona's managing director, Datul Sri Hadian Hashim said after the launch of its prospectus today that its cornerstone investors have taken up 275 million shares in total.

Hong Leong Asset Management, CIMB and Kenanga are amongst the cornerstone investors. It is also understood that some of the demand had come from overseas individuals such as in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Aside from high net-worth individuals, several institutional investors are understood to have expressed interest for shares in Sona Petroleum, even though fund managers do not typically put money into SPACs due to their high-risk nature.
goldironman
post Jul 5 2013, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

Reminder:
Sona Petroleum closing of application: 12 July 2013.
Ranhill Power & Ranhill Utilities closing of application: 11 July 2013.

How do you strategize and divide up your bullets? Which one could reap more juice on listing day (short term)? Which one is to hold for long term for around at least 1-2 years period? They both seem promising. To make my life simpler, I probably split the cash 50-50 lol. tongue.gif
shinokws
post Jul 5 2013, 03:52 PM

3 posts

For SPACs IPO on mining sector only 2 company to considers=Terragali & Australaysia Resources.but seem they facing some snag from SC.

Wonder any more new mining company come out to snatch btw Terragali & Australaysia Resources.

If so,it will be a good overview for us study before invest on it. thumbup.gif
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 5 2013, 04:13 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(goldironman @ Jul 5 2013, 03:52 PM)
Reminder:

How do you strategize and divide up your bullets? Which one could reap more juice on listing day (short term)? Which one is to hold for long term for around at least 1-2 years period? They both seem promising. To make my life simpler, I probably split the cash 50-50 lol.  tongue.gif
Sounds like u have 100% great confidence to get all the lots u want from ballot. U got Pink form? If no, of course spread the bullets. Everyone knows Raymond
goldironman
post Jul 5 2013, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 5 2013, 04:13 PM)
Sounds like u have 100% great confidence to get all the lots u want from ballot. U got Pink form? If no, of course spread the bullets. Everyone knows Raymond
No pink form. I got lucky and scored 6 out of 8 IPOs (75% successful) including giants like PCHEM, IHH and FGV and I hope to score again biggrin.gif . No worries if unlucky as life goes on as usual. smile.gif
kb2005
post Jul 5 2013, 04:39 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

So many IPOs. Need to print money already. biggrin.gif
TSdavinz18
post Jul 5 2013, 04:43 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Think People Print money kah! doh.gif
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 5 2013, 04:51 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(goldironman @ Jul 5 2013, 04:26 PM)
No pink form. I got lucky and scored 6 out of 8 IPOs (75% successful) including giants like PCHEM, IHH and FGV and I hope to score again biggrin.gif . No worries if unlucky as life goes on as usual.  smile.gif
Thanks for sharing, u r indeed lucky. No worry, can try at second board also.
kb2005
post Jul 5 2013, 05:06 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Jul 5 2013, 04:43 PM)

Think People Print money kah! doh.gif
Print also not enough time. tongue.gif
fiqir
post Jul 5 2013, 06:05 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

just try my luck here.
ah_fui
post Jul 5 2013, 07:54 PM

technical potatoz
858 posts

when they will return the $$ if ballot failed ???
xuexueli
post Jul 5 2013, 08:30 PM

Regular
1,051 posts

QUOTE(ah_fui @ Jul 5 2013, 07:54 PM)
Usually before the listing date lor tongue.gif
ronnie
post Jul 5 2013, 08:38 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(ah_fui @ Jul 5 2013, 07:54 PM)
1-2 days after ballot date.
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 5 2013, 08:57 PM

On my way
654 posts

My remisier said better pump in more fund to get better allocation, very LIMITED stocks
kb2005
post Jul 5 2013, 09:42 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 5 2013, 08:57 PM)
My remisier said better pump in more fund to get better allocation, very LIMITED stocks
How about the listing performance ? Any news from your remisier ?
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 5 2013, 09:54 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 5 2013, 09:42 PM)
How about the listing performance ? Any news from your remisier ?
Im still waiting their prospectus reports
hyzam1212
post Jul 6 2013, 11:11 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 5 2013, 08:57 PM)
Your remiser must be the underwriter rite/?

Some good news to challenge cliq...

KUALA LUMPUR: Sona Petroleum Bhd is looking to buy controlling stakes in oil and gas production companies, said its managing director Datuk Seri Hadian Hashim.

"After listing, we have three years to look for suitable assets and we're looking at production companies. Although they are more expensive, the firms are relatively faster in generating income, more likely in a year," he said after Sona's prospectus launch, here, yesterday.

"We're looking at having at least a joint control over the operations or financial decisions of the assets," Hadian added.

As a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), he said, Sona does not have any operations or income-generating business at its initial public offering (IPO).

Sona is the third SPAC to be listed on Bursa Malaysia after Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd and Cliq Energy Bhd. All three are in the oil and gas sector.

Sona plans to raise up to RM550 million from its IPO, of which 90 per cent will go to asset purchases. The rest will be set aside for working capital.

The company's six cornerstone investors are Hong Leong Asset Management, Hong Kong-based hedge fund Segantii Capital, and investment firm Davidson Kempner, and three banks backing the listing, namely RHB Investment Bank, CIMB Investment Bank and Kenanga Investment Bank.

Major bankers CIMB and RHB are the joint principal advisers, joint placement agents and joint managing underwriters. CIMB and RHB also act as the joint underwriters, together with Kenanga Investment Bank and MIDF Amanah Investment Bank, for the retail offering.

Sona's prospectus stated its key management is barred from selling any of its shares until the company generates a year of audited revenue from the commercial production of its qualifying asset.

This requirement is meant to protect minority shareholders' interests. After the listing, Sona's management team will hold 20 per cent of the enlarged share base.

Hadian said Sona is the first SPAC to have an institutional portion under the Ministry of International Trade and Industry for its listing.

This IPO is slated for July 30 and book-building for the retail shares opened at 10am yesterday and closes on July 12. The institutional offering also opened yesterday and closes on July 17.

The 1.1 billion share sale consists of 959 million shares for institutional investors and 141 million for retail investors at 50 apiece. Each share comes with a free warrant.

Read more: Sona Petroleum targets asset buys http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM.../#ixzz2YEOhbGcN
fiqir
post Jul 6 2013, 12:22 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

those that still thinking sona will listing end of year, all the best. just wait and see la. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 6 2013, 12:24 PM
supersapek
post Jul 6 2013, 01:01 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 6 2013, 12:22 PM)
those that still thinking sona will listing end of year, all the best. just wait and see la.  biggrin.gif
are u invest on it???
yamatotrading
post Jul 6 2013, 01:18 PM

Casual
331 posts

100,000 shares. here i come

nasT
post Jul 6 2013, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(yamatotrading @ Jul 6 2013, 01:18 PM)
100,000 shares. here i come
Yamatosan... I think u can do better than that. I mean punt better than that.... smile.gif
ah_fui
post Jul 7 2013, 12:43 PM

technical potatoz
858 posts

any1 knows what is the price for mother and son ?
kykit
post Jul 7 2013, 03:04 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(ah_fui @ Jul 7 2013, 12:43 PM)
any1 knows what is the price for mother and son ?
"141 million shares for retail investors at 50 sen apiece. Each share comes with a free warrant."

“Exercise Price - RM0.35 per Warrant."

zamans98
post Jul 7 2013, 06:49 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 6 2013, 12:22 PM)
those that still thinking sona will listing end of year, all the best. just wait and see la.  biggrin.gif
kenot brain this. what do you mean?
Isn't that a confirm thingy (July 30) or you are mislead?
fiqir
post Jul 7 2013, 11:00 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 7 2013, 06:49 PM)
kenot brain this. what do you mean?
Isn't that a confirm thingy (July 30) or you are mislead?
no need to brain boss. every said earlier. end of july. see mine previous post

anyway, u apply or not this sona ? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 7 2013, 11:04 PM
zamans98
post Jul 7 2013, 11:01 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 7 2013, 11:00 PM)
no need to brain boss. every said earlier. end of july.  see mine previous post.  biggrin.gif
huh, okay. now brain it out edi.
so how many lots are u planning to apply for Sauna eh Sona?
fiqir
post Jul 7 2013, 11:05 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 7 2013, 11:01 PM)
huh, okay. now brain it out edi.
so how many lots are u planning to apply for Sauna eh Sona?
just a little bit only. dont know can get or not. sweat.gif
zamans98
post Jul 7 2013, 11:17 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 7 2013, 11:05 PM)
just a little bit only. dont know can get or not.  sweat.gif
spread between few accounts?
Didn't know that MITI have the it... doh.gif
fiqir
post Jul 7 2013, 11:21 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 7 2013, 11:17 PM)
spread between few accounts?
Didn't know that MITI have the it...  doh.gif
few accounts ? me only one account. try apply some. just hope can get a little bit if not all. rclxms.gif
zamans98
post Jul 7 2013, 11:47 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 7 2013, 11:21 PM)
few accounts ? me only one account. try apply some. just hope can get a little bit if not all.  rclxms.gif
alright, I'm calling for a pool fund to apply 500,000 shares.
fuzzy
post Jul 8 2013, 12:37 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

I'm applying biggrin.gif
azlan88
post Jul 8 2013, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 7 2013, 11:47 PM)
IMHO, It is not wise to apply in one account. For example if you apply 500k shares FGV, you will be allocated only 70k. Let say you apply with 5 accounts with 100k shares each, you might get 350k shares. How to distribute into few accounts, I believe you can figure it out by yourself. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by azlan88: Jul 8 2013, 10:52 AM
sl3ge
post Jul 8 2013, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,324 posts

QUOTE(goldironman @ Jul 5 2013, 04:26 PM)
No pink form. I got lucky and scored 6 out of 8 IPOs (75% successful) including giants like PCHEM, IHH and FGV and I hope to score again biggrin.gif . No worries if unlucky as life goes on as usual.  smile.gif
wow fantastic..are you using maybank2u to apply?
and what investment bank you are using?
smile.gif
goldironman
post Jul 8 2013, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(sl3ge @ Jul 8 2013, 11:12 AM)
wow fantastic..are you using maybank2u to apply?
and what investment bank you are using?
smile.gif
maybank2u to apply and OSK (RHB) investment bank. flex.gif
yamatotrading
post Jul 8 2013, 11:23 AM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(azlan88 @ Jul 8 2013, 10:52 AM)
IMHO, It is not wise to apply in one account. For example if you apply 500k shares FGV, you will be allocated only 70k. Let say you apply with 5 accounts with 100k shares each, you might get 350k shares. How to distribute into few accounts, I believe you can figure it out by yourself.  biggrin.gif
duplicating of application via few investment bank, single name will cause rejection.
Unless you use 5 proxies name.
azlan88
post Jul 8 2013, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(yamatotrading @ Jul 8 2013, 11:23 AM)
duplicating of application via few investment bank, single name will cause rejection.
yes, I mean proxies. biggrin.gif
yamatotrading
post Jul 8 2013, 12:14 PM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(azlan88 @ Jul 8 2013, 11:27 AM)
yes, I mean proxies.  biggrin.gif
notworthy.gif pro players !!!
Personally view that we might not get 100% allocation just like Hibiscus and CLIQ.
Good also, high chance of upside on day 1.
kb2005
post Jul 8 2013, 01:09 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(yamatotrading @ Jul 8 2013, 11:23 AM)
I also think that it will get rejected. But recently i found out, my friend using 2 investment bank and both alloted. So, what went wrong ?
yamatotrading
post Jul 8 2013, 01:39 PM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 8 2013, 01:09 PM)
I also think that it will get rejected. But recently i found out, my friend using 2 investment bank and both alloted. So, what went wrong ?
Personally what i did was 1 Private Placement, 1 Public Balloting, both kena....
(maybe bank nominee account)

referring to MIH, it is an offence for multiple application http://www.mih.com.my/index.php?page=do

nightzstar
post Jul 8 2013, 02:09 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 7 2013, 11:47 PM)
shocking.gif shocking.gif big shark.
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 8 2013, 02:12 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 8 2013, 02:09 PM)
shocking.gif  shocking.gif big shark.
u new with nominee cds acc?
nightzstar
post Jul 8 2013, 02:13 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 8 2013, 02:12 PM)
u new with nominee cds acc?
yeah, waiting to buy this ipo blush.gif
kb2005
post Jul 8 2013, 02:46 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Looks like this counter is like hot cake. I will in for sure. biggrin.gif
zamans98
post Jul 8 2013, 03:53 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(azlan88 @ Jul 8 2013, 10:52 AM)
IMHO, It is not wise to apply in one account. For example if you apply 500k shares FGV, you will be allocated only 70k. Let say you apply with 5 accounts with 100k shares each, you might get 350k shares. How to distribute into few accounts, I believe you can figure it out by yourself.  biggrin.gif
no Sir, if you ever follow any of my discussion, it is not the way to do it.
a pool money means I have good liquidity. I will apply on multiple accounts and owners.

THTgadgets.com
post Jul 8 2013, 04:43 PM

Bigger than Bigger
5,005 posts

Bought 1000 shares in this SPAC... That's something new for me (having played with REITs and the "usual" listed company types) and at 50 cents per share, why not give it a shot? smile.gif

Now let's see whether I'm lucky or not, since my purchase of AAX shares was successful... rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by THTgadgets.com: Jul 8 2013, 04:43 PM
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 8 2013, 05:04 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(THTgadgets.com @ Jul 8 2013, 04:43 PM)
Bought 1000 shares in this SPAC... That's something new for me (having played with REITs and the "usual" listed company types) and at 50 cents per share, why not give it a shot? smile.gif

Now let's see whether I'm lucky or not, since my purchase of AAX shares was successful... rclxms.gif
1000 units = rm500, if 100% strikes, got meat?
kailc
post Jul 8 2013, 05:18 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 8 2013, 03:04 AM)
1000 units = rm500, if 100% strikes, got meat?
sikit tulang
ah_fui
post Jul 8 2013, 05:18 PM

technical potatoz
858 posts

c = cents

50c + 35c = 85c

85c / 2 = 42.5c

50c - 42.5c = 7.5c

can i say the sona-wa is 7.5c on listing day ?

thank you
jbear
post Jul 8 2013, 05:41 PM

27 posts

Hi all,

May i ask my CDs account has been registered from OSK investment at 5yrs ago and my this CDs account still can be used, right?
vNirvana
post Jul 8 2013, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jbear @ Jul 8 2013, 05:41 PM)
Hi all,

May i ask my CDs account has been registered from OSK investment at 5yrs ago and my this CDs account still can be used, right?
Yup, just need to call back your remisier and reactivate it. I just done my last mine after stop trading for 3 years.

For all the sifu here, anyone know when is the listing date for this ipo? Im still thinking want to enter or not. Not enough fund =( small pocket
TSdavinz18
post Jul 8 2013, 06:01 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

SONA PETROLEUM BERHAD

fuzzy
post Jul 8 2013, 06:06 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

Wah, I need to wait to see if my ABM is successful or not sad.gif
cadmus
post Jul 8 2013, 06:24 PM

too long...
1,132 posts

i was checking out CLIQ energy IPO. it seems every one was allocated for the public holdings? so.. just curious whether it would that be the same for Sona? brows.gif

http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=bs539p
zamans98
post Jul 8 2013, 11:01 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(cadmus @ Jul 8 2013, 06:24 PM)
i was checking out CLIQ energy IPO. it seems every one was allocated for the public holdings? so.. just curious whether it would that be the same for Sona? brows.gif

http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=bs539p
since 2 big fund manager are looking into this, means it will generate more interest for retail.
its will be SOLD OUT. whistling.gif
zamans98
post Jul 8 2013, 11:04 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(ah_fui @ Jul 8 2013, 05:18 PM)
c = cents

50c + 35c = 85c

85c / 2 = 42.5c

50c - 42.5c = 7.5c

can i say the sona-wa is 7.5c on listing day ?

thank you
not sure if that is the right way to calculate, taking the case of Hibiscus and Cliq :

SONA IPO price 50c
SONA - 35c
SONA-WA - 15c

hyzam1212
post Jul 9 2013, 08:12 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

KUALA LUMPUR: In our report “Sona Petroleum targets asset buys”, it was wrongly stated that RHB Investment Bank, CIMB Investment Bank and Kenanga Investment Bank were cornerstone investors of Sona.

In fact, among cornerstone investors of Sona are the fund management arms of the banks backing the listing, namely RHB Investment Management Sdn Bhd, CIMB-Principal Asset Management Bhd and Kenanga Investors Bhd. The error is regretted.

Read more: Sona Petroleum’s cornerstone investors http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM.../#ixzz2YVDbO1I1
nightzstar
post Jul 9 2013, 08:23 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

tried my luck with 1000 units.
fiqir
post Jul 9 2013, 09:19 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

sona petroleum website - http://sonapetroleum.com/

Sona Petroleum Berhad (“Sona Petroleum”) was formed by a group of experienced senior executives who are active in the oil and gas industry, in particular, Exploration and Production (“E&P”)

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 9 2013, 09:20 AM
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 9 2013, 12:11 PM

On my way
654 posts

Any TP or FV to share?
kb2005
post Jul 9 2013, 01:09 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Anyone started to apply or wait until Fri?
minshome
post Jul 9 2013, 01:15 PM

Casual
432 posts

i oredi in..
yamatotrading
post Jul 9 2013, 01:52 PM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 9 2013, 01:09 PM)
Anyone started to apply or wait until Fri?
i wait till friday...
everyday i save RM9.00 of interest
minshome
post Jul 9 2013, 02:04 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(yamatotrading @ Jul 9 2013, 02:52 PM)
i wait till friday...
everyday i save RM9.00 of interest
interest generated from ur trading account?
yamatotrading
post Jul 9 2013, 02:17 PM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Jul 9 2013, 02:04 PM)
interest generated from ur trading account?
interest save from my flexi loan account bro.

Danny
post Jul 9 2013, 03:23 PM

38 posts

i will going in there i think..
ronnie
post Jul 9 2013, 04:45 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

It's best to apply on the last day for all IPOs.... no interest given when funds are send to Issuing House.
zamans98
post Jul 9 2013, 08:52 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 9 2013, 04:45 PM)
It's best to apply on the last day for all IPOs.... no interest given when funds are send to Issuing House.
not sure if that is right. fund sits in bank account, only be forwarded to central issuing house once ballot is successful.
kb2005
post Jul 9 2013, 09:38 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 9 2013, 08:52 PM)
not sure if that is right. fund sits in bank account, only be forwarded to central issuing house once ballot is successful.
I don't know how it work. I guess it will be deducted from your saving account and put in investment bank account. Once successful, it will be forwarded to issuing house else it will be refunded to you.
ronnie
post Jul 9 2013, 10:11 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 9 2013, 09:38 PM)
I don't know how it work. I guess it will be deducted from your saving account and put in investment bank account. Once successful, it will be forwarded to issuing house else it will be refunded to you.
Once it gets deducted from your CASA, you don't earn anymore daily-calculated interest.
Xforged
post Jul 10 2013, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
226 posts

Entered. Hopefully kena.
hovercraft97
post Jul 10 2013, 02:50 PM

Casual
365 posts

guys.. is this syariah compliance?
TSdavinz18
post Jul 10 2013, 03:04 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

QUOTE(hovercraft97 @ Jul 10 2013, 02:50 PM)
guys.. is this syariah compliance?
Yup. it's Shariah-compliant securities approved by SC's SAC
kb2005
post Jul 10 2013, 03:33 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Applied. Small quantity! biggrin.gif
xuexueli
post Jul 10 2013, 03:43 PM

Regular
1,051 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 10 2013, 03:33 PM)
me too, thinking of applying some (small quantity).. smile.gif

kailc
post Jul 10 2013, 03:47 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

For those applied Hibiscus and Cliq, they manage to allocated the shares 100% of what they applied. I doubt if the same scenario happen on Sona since this stock is so hot and everyone talking abt it.
nightzstar
post Jul 10 2013, 05:06 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 10 2013, 03:33 PM)
how "small"? brows.gif
Neo18
post Jul 10 2013, 05:07 PM

Regular
1,850 posts

applied 150000 unit @ RM0.50 = RM75000 for SONA petroleum
kb2005
post Jul 10 2013, 05:11 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 10 2013, 05:06 PM)
how "small"? brows.gif
Small only! Still can not beat Neo18. biggrin.gif
nightzstar
post Jul 10 2013, 05:12 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 10 2013, 05:11 PM)
Small only! Still can not beat Neo18. biggrin.gif
yeah neo18 ganas oooh, eh cant topup anymore if i oledi submit sona ipo? hmm.gif
kb2005
post Jul 10 2013, 05:20 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 10 2013, 05:12 PM)
yeah neo18 ganas oooh, eh cant topup anymore if i oledi submit sona ipo? hmm.gif
How many you applied ?
nightzstar
post Jul 10 2013, 05:22 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 10 2013, 05:20 PM)
How many you applied ?
2000 unit
yarusaru
post Jul 10 2013, 05:22 PM

Regular
1,364 posts

How to apply.. can anyone enlighten me with the link.. tq in advance
kb2005
post Jul 10 2013, 05:31 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 10 2013, 05:22 PM)
2000 unit
I see. You should try with bigger volume. 2k shares if alloted only get 1k shares. Sell also losing brokerage fee. biggrin.gif
ronnie
post Jul 10 2013, 05:36 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

Can we apply using a different amount ?
lee90
post Jul 10 2013, 05:36 PM

Ozibala
982 posts

im in ~ rclxm9.gif
vNirvana
post Jul 10 2013, 05:37 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

just applied a small quantity of this ipo. today market is so slow.... Hope the KLCI will raise tmr. doh.gif
tineagle
post Jul 10 2013, 05:48 PM

The Animal Within
1,276 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 10 2013, 05:31 PM)
I see. You should try with bigger volume. 2k shares if alloted only get 1k shares. Sell also losing brokerage fee. biggrin.gif
not really, cheap share like this price movement changes a large % of value
ryei
post Jul 10 2013, 07:30 PM

On my way
517 posts

applied 110k shares.. hope can get some!
this is the biggest ipo i've applied for so far.. lol
crystalpoyo
post Jul 10 2013, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

Applied 10k unit only, hopefully Kena also.

TSdavinz18
post Jul 10 2013, 08:36 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

SONA PETROLEUM BERHAD

nightzstar
post Jul 10 2013, 09:44 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 10 2013, 05:31 PM)
That why thinking to top up more but too bad can't top anymore, only allow one time application
zamans98
post Jul 10 2013, 10:58 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(yarusaru @ Jul 10 2013, 05:22 PM)
How to apply.. can anyone enlighten me with the link.. tq in advance
ensure u have CDS first.

but too little too late, u got 2 days left.

then apply through online banking
yarusaru
post Jul 11 2013, 12:42 AM

Regular
1,364 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 10 2013, 10:58 PM)
ensure u have CDS first.

but too little too late, u got 2 days left.

then apply through online banking
i do have cds account
vNirvana
post Jul 11 2013, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(yarusaru @ Jul 11 2013, 12:42 AM)
i do have cds account
then you just have to apply it thru your online banking account. It is simple and easy. Im using Maybank to apply. It is under investment > eShare. You will see the ipo Application over there.
yarusaru
post Jul 11 2013, 01:14 AM

Regular
1,364 posts

QUOTE(vNirvana @ Jul 11 2013, 12:46 AM)
then you just have to apply it thru your online banking account. It is simple and easy. Im using Maybank to apply. It is under investment > eShare. You  will see the ipo Application over there.
hehe okay thanks mate! biggrin.gif
FirezZ
post Jul 11 2013, 01:21 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

Will try to apply some of this ipo as well but looking at the ranhill's ipo which is going to due tomorrow, should i split it or concentrate fully on sona by the way ? Any advise sifuu.....
Most likely only throwing 3.5K to see the outcome.. with Ranhill, i might not be getting "quantity" volume but perhaps with Sona, it is still acceptable smile.gif

If lucky, upon getting this ipo at 0.50 ... will it come with the free WA too ? or it will be a different thing ?
thanks for the highlight
GloryKnight
post Jul 11 2013, 02:25 AM

Regular
1,770 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 11 2013, 01:21 AM)
Will try to apply some of this ipo as well but looking at the ranhill's ipo which is going to due tomorrow, should i split it or concentrate fully on sona by the way ? Any advise sifuu.....
Most likely only throwing 3.5K to see the outcome.. with Ranhill, i might not be getting "quantity" volume but perhaps with Sona, it is still acceptable smile.gif

If lucky, upon getting this ipo at 0.50 ... will it come with the free WA too ? or it will be a different thing ?
thanks for the highlight
Yes, it will come with free WA on its listing day and you are free to sell the X amount you get for both Main Sona share and it's Warrants.

The market sentiment is weak currently, I believe. Just apply according to what you dare to afford and what you can afford.
vNirvana
post Jul 11 2013, 03:24 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(yarusaru @ Jul 11 2013, 01:14 AM)
hehe okay thanks mate! biggrin.gif
no problem rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 11 2013, 08:45 AM

On my way
654 posts

Still no FV or TP?
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 11 2013, 08:49 AM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 10 2013, 05:22 PM)
2000 unit
up more for break even, i had tested with small units in ABM, 100% failed. KLSE not interested to entertain small fish
nightzstar
post Jul 11 2013, 09:01 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 11 2013, 08:49 AM)
up more for break even, i had tested with small units in ABM, 100% failed. KLSE not interested to entertain small fish
yeah, i wanted but too bad that cimb eipo wont allow me to top up, ahh now can pray hard. cry.gif
fiqir
post Jul 11 2013, 09:11 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

i thought we can apply one time only per ipo.
xuexueli
post Jul 11 2013, 09:29 AM

Regular
1,051 posts

buy ipo can top-up meh??? rclxub.gif

u cant top-up,....
u submit the application and that's it... think carefully before submitting it... icon_rolleyes.gif
kamrulbj6107
post Jul 11 2013, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

i think u can't top-up .... what u can try is ..... go to the bank, see the officers, and try ask to " reverse" the transaction (before closing date/time of the IPO) and your money will be refunded immediately..... i did that once before this (because wrongly selecting/key in) my CDS no. thro M2U ....
hovercraft97
post Jul 11 2013, 10:02 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Jul 10 2013, 03:04 PM)
Yup. it's Shariah-compliant securities approved by SC's SAC
thanks man!...

applying now!!..
fiqir
post Jul 11 2013, 10:04 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

kamrulbj6107
post Jul 11 2013, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

then reapply again with new amount ....
ronnie
post Jul 11 2013, 10:08 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(kamrulbj6107 @ Jul 11 2013, 10:02 AM)
i think u can't top-up .... what u can try is ..... go to the bank, see the officers, and try ask to " reverse" the transaction (before closing date/time of the IPO) and your money will be refunded immediately..... i did that once before this (because wrongly selecting/key in) my CDS no. thro M2U ....
Any Maybank branch ?
kamrulbj6107
post Jul 11 2013, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

any of your nearest Maybank Branch ...... hurry up... want to kaya or not ....
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 11 2013, 02:16 PM

On my way
654 posts

aiyo, call ur remisier, then join their nominee cds account
FirezZ
post Jul 11 2013, 05:51 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

QUOTE(GloryKnight @ Jul 11 2013, 02:25 AM)
Yes, it will come with free WA on its listing day and you are free to sell the X amount you get for both Main Sona share and it's Warrants.

The market sentiment is weak currently, I believe. Just apply according to what you dare to afford and what you can afford.
yupe i understand... There is risk in share-market still.... but wondering what normally you guys player will do if there are 2 ipo coming at the same time.... just concentrate solely on 1 ipo or spread and invest on both of them tongue.gif
Since my budget is not much... i guess will have only concentrate on 1 application at this time biggrin.gif
tankiu tankiu ..

Ranhill closed already so ... lets see if there is any luck for sona tmr onwards... Not necessary we will be able to buy still right ? hheee

kb2005
post Jul 11 2013, 06:20 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 11 2013, 05:51 PM)
yupe i understand... There is risk in share-market still.... but wondering what normally you guys player will do if there are 2 ipo coming at the same time.... just concentrate solely on 1 ipo or spread and invest on both of them tongue.gif
Since my budget is not much... i guess will have only concentrate on 1 application at this time biggrin.gif
tankiu tankiu ..

Ranhill closed already so ... lets see if there is any luck for sona tmr onwards... Not necessary we will be able to buy still right ? hheee
Not necessary you will get it. Just apply both bro to get better chance.
sharonlim09
post Jul 11 2013, 06:24 PM

41 posts

1 question, let say i have 2 CDS account, can i apply the IPO using 2 different CDS? Will they look at unique NRIC or CDS?
DeVGF
post Jul 11 2013, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

Just applied for 2000 units via M2U. I hope everything goes smoothly. Testing my luck here. :]
TSdavinz18
post Jul 11 2013, 06:29 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

QUOTE(sharonlim09 @ Jul 11 2013, 06:24 PM)
1 question, let say i have 2 CDS account, can i apply the IPO using 2 different CDS? Will they look at unique NRIC or CDS?
Can only apply using 1 CDS Acc (retail). They see your NRIC

2nd application will be rejected

This post has been edited by davinz18: Jul 11 2013, 06:30 PM
FirezZ
post Jul 12 2013, 06:40 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

just applied for this ipo via M2u ...
deduction directly from my SA hmmm.. btw.. i thought all trading on share must be done only at the Premier 1 Account only ?
Anyway, the status shows successful and money deducted from my SA already.. now hoping it will be approved tongue.gif

By the way, if it is failed to obtain the ipo, money will be refunded to my SA account after 17th July right ? Or how do i trace this status of the purchase ?

thankiu

ronnie
post Jul 12 2013, 07:58 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 12 2013, 06:40 AM)
deduction directly from my SA  hmmm.. btw.. i thought all trading on share must be done only at the Premier 1 Account  only ?
Anyway, the status shows successful and money deducted from my SA already.. now hoping it will be approved tongue.gif

By the way, if it is failed to obtain the ipo, money will be refunded to my SA account after 17th July right ? Or how do i trace this status of the purchase ?

thankiu
Refund in 1-2 days after Ballot Date for Maybank.
If you received the full amount (aka Auto Reversed), then you failed to get the IPO allocation.
kb2005
post Jul 12 2013, 07:59 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Today last day for application. Hurry! biggrin.gif
rosdi1
post Jul 12 2013, 08:43 AM

Cari makan
2,211 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Jul 11 2013, 06:29 PM)
Can only apply using 1 CDS Acc (retail). They see your NRIC

2nd application will be rejected
Both will be rejected

kailc
post Jul 12 2013, 08:45 AM

Enthusiast
976 posts

Applied 50k units, let's see my luck after failed in ABM.
ronnie
post Jul 12 2013, 09:07 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(kailc @ Jul 12 2013, 08:45 AM)
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif Banyak confident this will do well ?
Will we be 3rd time lucky (3rd SPAC on Bursa Malaysia) ?

This post has been edited by ronnie: Jul 12 2013, 09:07 AM
hovercraft97
post Jul 12 2013, 09:33 AM

Casual
365 posts

rclxms.gif .
FirezZ
post Jul 12 2013, 09:35 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

Wow.... im just small potato... 7k unit only x.x
fiqir
post Jul 12 2013, 09:36 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

Sona Petroleum | Oil & Gas Expert rclxms.gif

sona petroleum website

kailc
post Jul 12 2013, 09:44 AM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 11 2013, 07:07 PM)
rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif Banyak confident this will do well ?
Will we be 3rd time lucky (3rd SPAC on Bursa Malaysia) ?
high risk high gain
ronnie
post Jul 12 2013, 09:52 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

Another attempt on IPO !!!! Please let me get this SONA
SUSmeistsh_musical
post Jul 12 2013, 09:58 AM

Ahbeng
1,111 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 12 2013, 10:52 AM)
Another attempt on IPO !!!! Please let me get this SONA
is this good?

and so it will listing on bursa on monday?
hyzam1212
post Jul 12 2013, 10:04 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(davinz18 @ Jul 10 2013, 08:36 PM)
SONA PETROLEUM BERHAD

QUOTE(meistsh_musical @ Jul 12 2013, 09:58 AM)
is this good?

and so it will listing on bursa on monday?
nola bro...refer to above...listing is likely near to raya
fiqir
post Jul 12 2013, 10:06 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

today last day to apply this sona. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 12 2013, 10:11 AM
hyzam1212
post Jul 12 2013, 10:14 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

applied some d, insyaAllah berkat ramadan
felixmask
post Jul 12 2013, 10:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,354 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 12 2013, 06:40 AM)
deduction directly from my SA  hmmm.. btw.. i thought all trading on share must be done only at the Premier 1 Account  only ?

thankiu
Premier 1 Account is created for those CDS under nominee type.
Nominee type cant apply IPO.

For those CDS Direct account type, dont create Premier 1 account

http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/compariso...es-cds-account/
FirezZ
post Jul 12 2013, 10:43 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

QUOTE(felixmask @ Jul 12 2013, 10:24 AM)
Premier 1 Account is created for those CDS under nominee type.
Nominee type cant apply IPO.

For those CDS Direct account type, dont create Premier 1 account
http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/compariso...es-cds-account/
Hmm not sure if i get it right...
I applied an acc with maybank investment branch in ampang.... and after approved..i received an email stating my cds acc..at the same time i saw there is addional acc - premier 1 acc created in my m2u.
So when launching my ie to buy existing stocks ie airasia...i have to transfer money to my P1Acc n the deduction will through this acc instead of my SA.

But when i applied this IPO i saw there is statement asking which acc to deduct my money (thinking not to be troublesome...i choose the SA) further...it asks for cds acc... so frm the email sent to me previously...i used that cds acc n key in here....and transaction went through.

Does this sound correct ? x.x
If it is..so i have to bear in mind...
a) when buying ipo...i will just use the cds acc given to me n deduct from my SA
b) when buying existing stocks via m2u site...i will use that P1 ac ?

Thanks for the explaination
rayng18
post Jul 12 2013, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,481 posts

so far no luck when apply online, but just applied online and see whether can kena this time or not
ncm1903
post Jul 12 2013, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

applied already, hopefully will get this time
felixmask
post Jul 12 2013, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,354 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 12 2013, 10:43 AM)
Hmm not sure if i get it right...
I applied an acc with maybank investment branch in ampang.... and after approved..i received an email stating my cds acc..at the same time i saw there is addional acc - premier 1 acc created in my m2u.
So when launching my ie to buy existing stocks ie airasia...i have to transfer money to my P1Acc n the deduction will through this acc instead of my SA.

But when i applied this IPO i saw there is statement asking which acc to deduct my money (thinking not to be troublesome...i choose the SA) further...it asks for cds acc... so frm the email sent to me previously...i used that cds acc n key in here....and transaction went through.

Does this sound correct ? x.x
If it is..so i have to bear in mind...
a) when buying ipo...i will just use the cds acc given to me n deduct from my SA
b) when buying existing stocks via m2u site...i will use that P1 ac ?

Thanks for the explaination
Its cds nominee. You can call and clarify with Elaine. 0321661222

This post has been edited by felixmask: Jul 12 2013, 02:00 PM
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 12 2013, 02:02 PM

On my way
654 posts

until now still no FV and TP, taruk 30k units
ronnie
post Jul 12 2013, 02:08 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

If we kena the allocation, we will get SONA & SONA-WA in equal portion ?
whoopa
post Jul 12 2013, 02:46 PM

b~o~b~o
7,118 posts

noobie .. what is wa? how to sell ah yawn.gif
Sphenix
post Jul 12 2013, 02:50 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

WA i guess is warrant, but i wonder how to see the expiry date.....
hyzam1212
post Jul 12 2013, 02:53 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 12 2013, 02:08 PM)
If we kena the allocation, we will get SONA & SONA-WA in equal portion ?
yep absolutely

QUOTE(whoopa @ Jul 12 2013, 02:46 PM)
noobie .. what is wa? how to sell ah yawn.gif
wa is warrant, try google it to understand, until now i just treat them as a normal stock with a specific risk, bear in mind the risk varies fr one type to another...
Sphenix
post Jul 12 2013, 03:13 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 12 2013, 02:53 PM)
yep absolutely
wa is warrant, try google it to understand, until now i just treat them as a normal stock with a specific risk, bear in mind the risk varies fr one type to another...
Do you know where to see the expiry date of warrant?
FirezZ
post Jul 12 2013, 03:20 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

argh.. finally noticed that the cds account provided is cds nominees... called one staff to reconfirm on this and she said i need to re-apply one more new "direct cds" account either from rhb / cimb / dataran maybank kl for this again +_+
the deduction from my SA will be reversed soon since the cds is wrong ... aiks
guess will need to say bye bye for sona ipo T.T
hyzam1212
post Jul 12 2013, 03:27 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Jul 12 2013, 03:13 PM)
Do you know where to see the expiry date of warrant?
I dont really know how to check, calling ur remiser is one of the way...bcos I dont normally trade warrants...normally there is news about it regarding the maturitiy, exercise price etc b4 it is introduced to the market...but spac like cliq, maturity is three years
Sphenix
post Jul 12 2013, 03:30 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 12 2013, 03:27 PM)
I dont really know how to check, calling ur remiser is one of the way...bcos I dont normally trade warrants...normally there is news about it regarding the maturitiy, exercise price etc b4 it is introduced to the market...but spac like cliq, maturity is three years
Ic, cos I cant find through the net though..... thanks.
fiqir
post Jul 12 2013, 03:31 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

seem less than 2 hours left. to apply sona petroleum . biggrin.gif
FirezZ
post Jul 12 2013, 03:36 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

QUOTE(felixmask @ Jul 12 2013, 01:48 PM)
Its cds nominee. You can call and clarify with Elaine. 0321661222
you are right T.T going to apply for direct CDS so that can play with ipo next round hmmm ... maybe wait till sona launches... onli will go in some stocks ... but too bad.. no more free Warrant +_+
kykit
post Jul 12 2013, 03:38 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Jul 12 2013, 03:30 PM)
Ic, cos I cant find through the net though..... thanks.
u can find out from here http://sonapetroleum.com/analyst-information/

fiqir
post Jul 12 2013, 03:38 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

According to Hadian, 275 million shares were offered to cornerstone investors namely CIMB Investment Bank Bhd, RHB Investment Bank Bhd and Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd, which are the underwriters for the issue.

Other cornerstone investors include David Kempr (Bostonbased fund), Hong Leong Asset Management Bhd and Hong Kong hedge fund Segantii Capital.

Hadian assured that cornerstone investors are not entitled to any discount and will pay the same price for the shares like everyone else.

hyzam1212
post Jul 12 2013, 03:55 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 12 2013, 03:38 PM)
According to Hadian, 275 million shares were offered to cornerstone investors namely CIMB Investment Bank Bhd, RHB Investment Bank Bhd and Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd, which are the underwriters for the issue.

Other cornerstone investors include David Kempr (Bostonbased fund), Hong Leong Asset Management Bhd and Hong Kong hedge fund Segantii Capital.

Hadian assured that cornerstone investors are not entitled to any discount and will pay the same price for the shares like everyone else.
thats very2 good to hear...it looks like the market has a high expectation of it...the listing is one day b4 ranhill though, not sure what will happen in terms of market volatility and liquidity...just to be cautious
koinibler
post Jul 12 2013, 04:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,050 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Jul 12 2013, 02:50 PM)
WA i guess is warrant, but i wonder how to see the expiry date.....
Its depend on the platform that you use.
If using jupiter, you can see the expiry date under General Info>Financial Info
goldironman
post Jul 12 2013, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 12 2013, 03:38 PM)

Where is the source? I may have overlooked if this article is from earlier pages.
fiqir
post Jul 12 2013, 04:18 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 12 2013, 03:55 PM)
thats very2 good to hear...it looks like the market has a high expectation of it...the listing is one day b4 ranhill though, not sure what will happen in terms of market volatility and liquidity...just to be cautious
just try the best. im applied both sona and ranhill. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 12 2013, 04:22 PM
fuzzy
post Jul 12 2013, 04:58 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 12 2013, 03:55 PM)
Both running different businesses, so largely won't be affected. The IPO market have been bullish but still didn't helped AAX while being unknown didn't hurt Cliq. SPAC currently holds very tempting rewards due to the goodies offered as well as the decent performance of Hibiscus and Cliq so far.
fiqir
post Jul 12 2013, 05:04 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

aax no cornerstone investor and the sector also not very ok...

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 12 2013, 05:05 PM
TSdavinz18
post Jul 12 2013, 05:09 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Retail application officially closed.

Good Luck smile.gif
fuzzy
post Jul 12 2013, 08:14 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

I masok a little, 300 lots let's hope all here huat together!!
ckinsg
post Jul 12 2013, 11:30 PM

On my way
677 posts

Oredi applied 18000 shares... Hopefuly kena
SUSDavid83
post Jul 13 2013, 03:21 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Applied for 5500 shares.
anulus81
post Jul 13 2013, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

mine got from MITI....paid already.....smile.gif
zamans98
post Jul 13 2013, 08:18 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(anulus81 @ Jul 13 2013, 06:26 PM)
mine got from MITI....paid already.....smile.gif
congrats. must be the 20,000 shares min eh?
EmporerHaki
post Jul 13 2013, 09:29 PM

45 posts

Guys... who knows when will the result be released?
I bought very less amount... I would like to know if they will block small buyer? and how is the decision (choosing buyer) made?
fiqir
post Jul 13 2013, 09:34 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

Banking on Sona IPO

@thestar.com.my

PETALING JAYA: Sona Petroleum Bhd’s initial public offering (IPO) has garnered a significant amount of interest from the private banking clients of the two main investment banks handling the listing, according to sources.

Clients of CIMB Investment Bank Bhd and RHB Investment Bank Bhd showed interest for a combined RM3bil in the RM550mil IPO, bankers said. Most of this came from high net-worth individuals as well as some institutions.
setia2013
post Jul 13 2013, 10:37 PM

9 posts

I applied 100 000 shares.
zamans98
post Jul 14 2013, 05:31 AM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(EmporerHaki @ Jul 13 2013, 09:29 PM)
Guys... who knows when will the result be released?
I bought very less amount... I would like to know if they will block small buyer? and how is the decision (choosing buyer) made?
No such thing as blocking small buyers. All depends on the ballot and how popular is the stock
SOURCE

http://announcements.bursamalaysia.com/EDM...0Page%20100.pdf

Allotment of IPO shares to successful applicants26/07/2013
ronnie
post Jul 14 2013, 08:10 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

The ballot process is random selected by the system.
Each application is assigned a number. From there the system will choose xx number from the pool.
Is this correct ?
zamans98
post Jul 14 2013, 12:40 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 14 2013, 08:10 AM)
The ballot process is random selected by the system.
Each application is assigned a number. From there the system will choose xx number from the pool.
Is this correct ?
application split by Bumi/Non-bumi
then arrange by range
example 10,000-19,900 etc
then tagged by ID Number (NRIC)
next run #of application overall to see the O.Sub
allocate ratio of sucessful
then system will randomly pickup winner by ID number
anulus81
post Jul 14 2013, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 13 2013, 08:18 PM)
congrats.  must be the 20,000 shares min eh?
30,000...what abt urself? applied from miti too?
ryei
post Jul 14 2013, 05:11 PM

On my way
517 posts

applied 110k shares..
zamans98
post Jul 14 2013, 07:16 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(anulus81 @ Jul 14 2013, 04:26 PM)
30,000...what abt urself? applied from miti too?
nope, missed the dateline
pisces88
post Jul 14 2013, 08:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,711 posts

dayum.. missed the deadline~!
ronnie
post Jul 15 2013, 12:08 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

How's the breakdown of prices for SONA and SONA-WA ?
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 15 2013, 09:06 AM

On my way
654 posts

17th is the ballot day. hoohaaa
fuzzy
post Jul 15 2013, 09:38 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 15 2013, 12:08 AM)
How's the breakdown of prices for SONA and SONA-WA ?
Was told it will be 0.35 for mother, 0.15 for son..
ryei
post Jul 16 2013, 06:16 PM

On my way
517 posts

tomorrow is the day!!
if son is 0.15.. it will be a super goreng fest..
kailc
post Jul 16 2013, 08:01 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

All my hope on this IPO now since failed on ABM and Ranhill.
mmusang
post Jul 16 2013, 09:32 PM

Regular
1,006 posts

QUOTE(kailc @ Jul 16 2013, 08:01 PM)
All my hope on this IPO now since failed on ABM and Ranhill.
same as me laugh.gif
Yamma
post Jul 17 2013, 09:58 AM

Enthusiast
736 posts

any update?
goodtrading123
post Jul 17 2013, 09:59 AM

Casual
337 posts

tomorrow will know the result. cant wait.
fromhell13
post Jul 17 2013, 10:03 AM

16 posts

Since Ranhill failed, this IPO is my choice. Can we buy the shares on listing day and how? is it have any complicated procedure? n00b here
ronnie
post Jul 17 2013, 10:21 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

Tomorrow will get some results...
This evening some news from MIH website

Press Release : http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=pr542
Public Allocation : http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=bs542p
Bumiputera Allocation : http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=bs542b
fuzzy
post Jul 17 2013, 10:42 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(fromhell13 @ Jul 17 2013, 10:03 AM)
Since Ranhill failed, this IPO is my choice. Can we buy the shares on listing day and how? is it have any complicated procedure? n00b here
Buy like usual share lo. But bear in mind you won't get the free warrants that comes with the ipo smile.gif
fromhell13
post Jul 17 2013, 10:45 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 17 2013, 10:42 AM)
Buy like usual share lo. But bear in mind you won't get the free warrants that comes with the ipo  smile.gif
what is warrant bro? hope you can help enlighten me. thanks

yeobobo
post Jul 17 2013, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(fromhell13 @ Jul 17 2013, 10:45 AM)
warrant is sth that might bring u to holland ~

brows.gif
fromhell13
post Jul 17 2013, 12:30 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(yeobobo @ Jul 17 2013, 11:33 AM)
warrant is sth that might bring u to holland ~

brows.gif
oh thank you very very very very very much bro.
crystalpoyo
post Jul 17 2013, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

Fingers crossed, hopefully alloted !
ronnie
post Jul 17 2013, 12:34 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

I also want to get this IPO.... smile.gif
Goreng on 1st Day !!!
fiqir
post Jul 17 2013, 12:38 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

cant wait for result. blush.gif
vNirvana
post Jul 17 2013, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

Anyone know what time will the result come out ?
fiqir
post Jul 17 2013, 01:13 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

should be tomorrow
zamans98
post Jul 17 2013, 01:17 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 17 2013, 10:21 AM)
Tomorrow will get some results...
This evening some news from MIH website

Press Release : http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=pr542
Public Allocation : http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=bs542p
Bumiputera Allocation : http://www.mih.com.my/home.php?page=bs542b
thanks Masta Ronnie.
fuzzy
post Jul 17 2013, 01:35 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(fromhell13 @ Jul 17 2013, 10:45 AM)
Warrants in essence, is a promise between two parties. Warrants entitle you to buy a share at a fixed price upon maturity date. So, for example if the warrant I issues says you can buy my stock at 0.50 and it expires in 5 years, that means in 5 years time, you can choose to buy my share at 0.50.

The pros is that in 5 years time, my share might now be worth RM10 so you are essentially earning RM9.50 per share. The cons is that in 5 years time, my company might not even exist anymore tongue.gif
minshome
post Jul 17 2013, 01:42 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 17 2013, 02:35 PM)
Warrants in essence, is a promise between two parties. Warrants entitle you to buy a share at a fixed price upon maturity date. So, for example if the warrant I issues says you can buy my stock at 0.50 and it expires in 5 years, that means in 5 years time, you can choose to buy my share at 0.50.

The pros is that in 5 years time, my share might now be worth RM10 so you are essentially earning RM9.50 per share. The cons is that in 5 years time, my company might not even exist anymore  tongue.gif
nice say...aso warrant did not entitle for dividend too if any..
fromhell13
post Jul 17 2013, 01:47 PM

16 posts

Thanks bro fuzzy and bro minshome.
Still get time to stock up my bullet.
fuzzy
post Jul 17 2013, 04:28 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Jul 17 2013, 01:42 PM)
nice say...aso warrant did not entitle for dividend too if any..
Yeap. Warrants are just a guarantee that you can buy the real shares at a fixed price upon maturity of the warrant, it is not the actual share until it is exercised for the shares.

So you will not be entitled to any dividends, share split, bonus issuance, etc.. just by holding the warrants smile.gif
ronnie
post Jul 17 2013, 04:29 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

How do we "convert" a warrant to real share ?
fuzzy
post Jul 17 2013, 04:32 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 17 2013, 04:29 PM)
How do we "convert" a warrant to real share ?
You get the option to convert it to real share upon maturity of the warrant. Or you can choose not to exercise it and let it die laugh.gif

ronnie
post Jul 17 2013, 04:48 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 17 2013, 04:32 PM)
You get the option to convert it to real share upon maturity of the warrant. Or you can choose not to exercise it and let it die  laugh.gif
You mean we can't convert before the Maturity Date ?
fuzzy
post Jul 17 2013, 05:05 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 17 2013, 04:48 PM)
You mean we can't convert before the Maturity Date ?
Nope. Which is why some allow it to be traded separately. Holding onto warrants is essentially a gamble, especially when it is nearing the maturity date.

The pro of a warrant is that it is really cheap and the rewards can be immense, but it is also incredibly risky as well.
hyzam1212
post Jul 17 2013, 05:32 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

Allotment percentage is now live...
kb2005
post Jul 17 2013, 05:36 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Result out. Pls check the Publick and bumi category. My chance is 19.72%. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kb2005: Jul 17 2013, 05:38 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
ronnie
post Jul 17 2013, 05:38 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

At least better percentage of success ;-) compared to RANHILL & AFUJIYA
kb2005
post Jul 17 2013, 05:40 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

The listing date is one day earlier than Ranhil. biggrin.gif
fiqir
post Jul 17 2013, 06:22 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

those thinking can easily get thru balloting like previous spac must be shock . welcome the biggest spac ipo ! biggrin.gif
yamatotrading
post Jul 17 2013, 06:23 PM

Casual
331 posts

means this SPAC 1st day high chance go up..
i must close my eyes sapu WA
felixmask
post Jul 17 2013, 06:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,354 posts

QUOTE(yamatotrading @ Jul 17 2013, 06:23 PM)
means this SPAC 1st day high chance go up..
i must close my eyes sapu WA
i thought you sapu thumbup.gif this IPO.....
fiqir
post Jul 17 2013, 06:44 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

hope can get it.
Babablacksheep
post Jul 17 2013, 08:45 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

Any good news people?
Mine still pending. Maybank2u.
vNirvana
post Jul 17 2013, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

Arrr... hope able to get it tmr.....
ryei
post Jul 17 2013, 10:35 PM

On my way
517 posts

19.72% for 60k shares allocation out of my 110k shares application.. fingers cross lar.....

first day close eye sapu warrant only
FirezZ
post Jul 17 2013, 10:43 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

by the way.. since i missed out the IPO... when it can release on public so that i can purchase it again ? biggrin.gif
Does that include listing on WA too ?

results on ipo (successful) will be out tomorrow right ?
yamatotrading
post Jul 17 2013, 11:03 PM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(felixmask @ Jul 17 2013, 06:42 PM)
i thought you sapu thumbup.gif  this IPO.....
i applied for IPO.. but i got only 19% chance to get it. LOL.

ronnie
post Jul 17 2013, 11:17 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 17 2013, 10:43 PM)
by the way.. since i missed out the IPO... when it can release on public so that i can purchase it again ? biggrin.gif

Listing Day : 30-July-2013
ah_fui
post Jul 18 2013, 01:08 AM

technical potatoz
858 posts

sapu WA and hold 3 - 6 mths
zamans98
post Jul 18 2013, 05:25 AM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 17 2013, 10:43 PM)

open market purchase does not entitled to Warrants.
FirezZ
post Jul 18 2013, 08:27 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 18 2013, 05:25 AM)
open market purchase does not entitled to Warrants.
i mean purchase the wa separately biggrin.gif
Yamma
post Jul 18 2013, 08:44 AM

Enthusiast
736 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 18 2013, 08:27 AM)
i mean purchase the wa separately biggrin.gif
how do we check whether application successful or not?
ronnie
post Jul 18 2013, 08:51 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(Yamma @ Jul 18 2013, 08:44 AM)
how do we check whether application successful or not?
Fastest way: Check if the funds has been returned back to your bank account.
No news for Maybank side.

This post has been edited by ronnie: Jul 18 2013, 08:55 AM
kb2005
post Jul 18 2013, 08:58 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Checking Day! tongue.gif
minshome
post Jul 18 2013, 09:02 AM

Casual
432 posts

wait till tonite la for maybank...
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 09:10 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

check from today afternoon or tonight.
bobmali
post Jul 18 2013, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 17 2013, 01:35 PM)

The pros is that in 5 years time, my share might now be worth RM10 so you are essentially earning RM9.50 per share. The cons is that in 5 years time, my company might not even exist anymore   tongue.gif
Just need further clarification.

Let say for example Sona IPO price is RM0.50. Upon listing the mother share lets say fixed at RM0.35 and free warrant of RM0.15, expiring in 5 years time. At what price I can choose to buy my share upon the expiry period? RM0.35 or RM0.50?

This post has been edited by bobmali: Jul 18 2013, 09:23 AM
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 09:27 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(bobmali @ Jul 18 2013, 09:22 AM)
Just need further clarification.

Let say for example Sona IPO price is RM0.50. Upon listing the mother share lets say fixed at RM0.35 and free warrant of RM0.15, expiring in 5 years time. At what price I can choose to buy my share upon the expiry period? RM0.35 or RM0.50?
Warrant price is set by the company as they like, however usually is around the price when the warrant was provided or lower. In your case, the warrant would most likely be set at RM0.35, because the stock at the time of the warrant release is just worth RM0.35, if they put anything higher, they might not get a good response unless there were concrete guarantees the stock is going to rise or some other benefits attached to it.
Yamma
post Jul 18 2013, 09:31 AM

Enthusiast
736 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Jul 18 2013, 09:02 AM)
wait till tonite la for maybank...
i see.. will be very long day
bobmali
post Jul 18 2013, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 18 2013, 09:27 AM)
Warrant price is set by the company as they like, however usually is around the price when the warrant was provided or lower. In your case, the warrant would most likely be set at RM0.35, because the stock at the time of the warrant release is just worth RM0.35, if they put anything higher, they might not get a good response unless there were concrete guarantees the stock is going to rise or some other benefits attached to it.
How do we know or check what is the price set by the Company. Is it mentioned anywhere? For example in CLig Energy Berhad, Cliq-Wa case. what is the set price?

This post has been edited by bobmali: Jul 18 2013, 09:35 AM
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 09:35 AM

On my way
654 posts

praying hard now to see "reserved" in my bank acc
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 09:38 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(bobmali @ Jul 18 2013, 09:33 AM)
How do we know or check what is the price set by the Company. Is it mentioned anywhere? For example in CLig Energy Berhad, Cliq-Wa case. what is the set price?
They will specify it in the prospectus. For example, Cliq's warrant details can be found here: http://ir.chartnexus.com/cliq/salient_terms.php
bobmali
post Jul 18 2013, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 18 2013, 09:38 AM)
They will specify it in the prospectus. For example, Cliq's warrant details can be found here: http://ir.chartnexus.com/cliq/salient_terms.php
Thanks for the lesson. In Cliq case, the exercise price is Rm0.50. The traded price is now RM0.485, which means is already towards the set price. Might as well sell all the warrant now. Or can the warrant price go beyond RM0.50??

This post has been edited by bobmali: Jul 18 2013, 09:49 AM
yamatotrading
post Jul 18 2013, 10:08 AM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(bobmali @ Jul 18 2013, 09:48 AM)
Thanks for the lesson. In Cliq case, the exercise price is Rm0.50. The traded price is now RM0.485, which means is already towards the set price. Might as well sell all the warrant now. Or can the warrant price go beyond RM0.50??
is not the set price, exercise price is RM.50 and trading price is now RM0.485, it means investor are looking forward that the mother share price should go beyond RM0.985. (Please take note that you need to pay RM0.500 to exercise your warrants).

Yamma
post Jul 18 2013, 10:16 AM

Enthusiast
736 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 18 2013, 09:35 AM)
praying hard now to see "reserved" in my bank acc
why? i noob in ipo online application thingy
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 10:17 AM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(Yamma @ Jul 18 2013, 10:16 AM)
why? i noob in ipo online application thingy
ipo = ballot =need LUCK
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 10:23 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(bobmali @ Jul 18 2013, 09:48 AM)
Easily if the share performs. Remember, warrants are a guarantee that you will be able to convert it into the company share at a fixed (usually low) price. So, if I launch my stock today at RM0.50 and my warrant is at RM0.20 but convertible at RM0.50 after 3 years , essentially I'm guaranteeing you that I will have to sell you my shares in the future for RM0.50.

What happens if I suddenly land the biggest project in the world ever, and my stock shoots up to RM1000? Remember, the warrant you hold still entitles you to buy my share in 3 years time at RM0.50... So naturally the demand for the warrant will shoot up to say RM950 because you will still 'earn' RM49.50 per share if converted via the warrant you hold. So, with that in mind, it can even go higher than the current stock price, if people believe I will have another big project within the 3 year period.

A real life example would be Hibiscus. Even Cliq, its warrant was listed around RM0.155, now is at RM0.495.
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 10:25 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

MIH is pleased to announce that the IPO of Sona Petroleum Berhad ("Sona Petroleum") under which up to 141,000,000 Public Issue Shares together with up to 141,000,000 attached Warrants were made available for application by the Malaysian public has been oversubscribed.

A total of 24,035 applications for 842,273,100 Public lssue Shares amounting to RM421,136,550 were received from the Malaysian Public for a total of 141,000,000 Public Issue Shares reserved for public subscription,

which represents a subscription rate of 5.97 times.
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 10:29 AM

On my way
654 posts

wow, subscription is lower compares ranhill, wonder why?
Darkmage12
post Jul 18 2013, 10:33 AM

shhhhhhhhh come i tell you something hehe
All Stars
17,053 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 18 2013, 10:29 AM)
wow, subscription is lower compares ranhill, wonder why?
SPAC what
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 10:38 AM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(Darkmage12 @ Jul 18 2013, 10:33 AM)
SPAC what
this will greatly affect the 1st day of listing, lesser demand. But its a good from SONA to list 1 day ahead of Ranhill. SMART MOVE to lock in for share
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 10:40 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

just wait and see. haha. anyway congrats those get the ipo.
Darkmage12
post Jul 18 2013, 10:41 AM

All Stars
17,053 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 18 2013, 10:38 AM)
this will greatly affect the 1st day of listing, lesser demand. But its a good from SONA to list 1 day ahead of Ranhill. SMART MOVE to lock in for share
fingers cross then
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 10:42 AM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(Darkmage12 @ Jul 18 2013, 10:41 AM)
fingers cross then
yeah, too early to speculate, acc still shows pending
bobmali
post Jul 18 2013, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 18 2013, 10:38 AM)
Miss the boat during the IPO. Now waiting for 1st day performance before jumping into the ship.
Darkmage12
post Jul 18 2013, 10:52 AM

All Stars
17,053 posts

QUOTE(bobmali @ Jul 18 2013, 10:42 AM)
Miss the boat during the IPO. Now waiting for 1st day performance before jumping into the ship.
Could be a blessing in disguise since Hibiscus also went down after IPO before picking up
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 11:04 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(Darkmage12 @ Jul 18 2013, 10:52 AM)
Could be a blessing in disguise since Hibiscus also went down after IPO before picking up
Not so easy to happen now. Hibiscus was the experiment to see if SPAC would work. Since then, both SPACs have done quite well.
jjsia
post Jul 18 2013, 11:13 AM

On my way
507 posts

Pending balloting from Itrade.
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 11:14 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

Sona Petroleum public issue oversubscribed 5.97 times

@thestar.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR: Sona Petroleum Bhd's initial public offer of 141 million shares of 50 sen each was oversubscribed by 5.97 times.

Malaysia Issuing House said on Thursday there were 24,035 applications for 842.27 million shares amounting to RM421.13mil from the Malaysian public.

The initial public offer involved 141 million shares with up to 141 million warrants.

Sona Petroleum is Malaysia's third special purpose acquisition companies (SPAC) to list on Bursa Malaysia.

Sona Petroleum, which aims to eventually make the transition to an independent E&P company, had secured commitments from six institutions both local and foreign as cornerstone investors, making it the first SPAC to do so.

They are Hong Leong Asset Management Bhd, Hong Kong-based hedge fund Segantii Capital and Davidson Kempner European Partners, along with the fund management houses of the three banks backing the listing: CIMB-Principal Asset Management Bhd, Kenanga Investors Bhd and RHB Investment Management Sdn Bhd.

The cornerstones, who did not enjoy a discount to the 50 sen IPO price, were apportioned 275 million shares out of the 959 million shares for institutions.

lambethwalk
post Jul 18 2013, 11:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,635 posts

Pending M2u... hope for the best !
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 11:28 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

wrong thread

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 18 2013, 11:54 AM
bobmali
post Jul 18 2013, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(lambethwalk @ Jul 18 2013, 11:26 AM)
Pending M2u... hope for the best !
Salah kamar Pak! brows.gif
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 12:11 PM

On my way
654 posts

wait until 8pm again? same case like ranhill for m2u? the waiting is torturing.
Babablacksheep
post Jul 18 2013, 12:23 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 18 2013, 11:14 AM)
Sona Petroleum public issue oversubscribed 5.97 times

@thestar.com.my
KUALA LUMPUR: Sona Petroleum Bhd's initial public offer of 141 million shares of 50 sen each was oversubscribed by 5.97 times.

Malaysia Issuing House said on Thursday there were 24,035 applications for 842.27 million shares amounting to RM421.13mil from the Malaysian public.

The initial public offer involved 141 million shares with up to 141 million warrants.

Sona Petroleum is Malaysia's third special purpose acquisition companies (SPAC) to list on Bursa Malaysia.

Sona Petroleum, which aims to eventually make the transition to an independent E&P company, had secured commitments from six institutions both local and foreign as cornerstone investors, making it the first SPAC to do so.

They are Hong Leong Asset Management Bhd, Hong Kong-based hedge fund Segantii Capital and Davidson Kempner European Partners, along with the fund management houses of the three banks backing the listing: CIMB-Principal Asset Management Bhd, Kenanga Investors Bhd and RHB Investment Management Sdn Bhd.

The cornerstones, who did not enjoy a discount to the 50 sen IPO price, were apportioned 275 million shares out of the 959 million shares for institutions.
6X over subscribed for 141 Million shares
Means 846 Million shares are subscribed to tendered ballot.
WOW!
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 18 2013, 12:28 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(Babablacksheep @ Jul 18 2013, 12:23 PM)
6X over subscribed for 141 Million shares
Means 846 Million shares are subscribed to tendered ballot.
WOW!
If not because of the ranhill 1 day early than this, it should be 20 times
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 12:32 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

both sona and ranhill look good for me. i apply both.
Babablacksheep
post Jul 18 2013, 12:38 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

Ranhill : RM1.85 * 19.2Million shares * over subscribed 13x
= RM 461 Million ++ subscribed cash value

Sona: RM 0.50 * 141 Million shares * over subscribed 6x
= RM 423 Million ++ subscribed cash value
harmonics3
post Jul 18 2013, 01:21 PM

On my way
606 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 18 2013, 10:23 AM)
Easily if the share performs. Remember, warrants are a guarantee that you will be able to convert it into the company share at a fixed (usually low) price. So, if I launch my stock today at RM0.50 and my warrant is at RM0.20 but convertible at RM0.50 after 3 years , essentially I'm guaranteeing you that I will have to sell you my shares in the future for RM0.50.

What happens if I suddenly land the biggest project in the world ever, and my stock shoots up to RM1000? Remember, the warrant you hold still entitles you to buy my share in 3 years time at RM0.50... So naturally the demand for the warrant will shoot up to say RM950 because you will still 'earn' RM49.50 per share if converted via the warrant you hold. So, with that in mind, it can even go higher than the current stock price, if people believe I will have another big project within the 3 year period.

A real life example would be Hibiscus. Even Cliq, its warrant was listed around RM0.155, now is at RM0.495.
1 quick question, will the warrant get split if the mother shares have say 1-for-1 share split?
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 02:09 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(harmonics3 @ Jul 18 2013, 01:21 PM)
1 quick question, will the warrant get split if the mother shares have say 1-for-1 share split?
Usually no, because you don't own the shares, you just own a promise from the company that you can buy the share. You are also not entitled to any dividends declared. You will also see companies issue more than just one warrant, there is possibility of the company issuing WA, WA (warrant B), so on so forth at different price.
vNirvana
post Jul 18 2013, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

2.19pm... still pending..
Neo18
post Jul 18 2013, 02:22 PM

Regular
1,850 posts

damn... i didn't get SONA!!! full refund on my side

zitis
post Jul 18 2013, 02:23 PM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

Planning to sell 80% of my shares and will keep the balance for long term.

This post has been edited by zitis: Jul 18 2013, 02:24 PM
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 02:28 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(Neo18 @ Jul 18 2013, 02:22 PM)
damn... i didn't get SONA!!! full refund on my side
which bank? blink.gif
sarbuftaim
post Jul 18 2013, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jul 18 2013, 02:23 PM)
Good Idea, will do the same.

Neo18
post Jul 18 2013, 02:34 PM

Regular
1,850 posts

public bank
harmonics3
post Jul 18 2013, 02:46 PM

On my way
606 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Jul 18 2013, 02:09 PM)
Usually no, because you don't own the shares, you just own a promise from the company that you can buy the share. You are also not entitled to any dividends declared. You will also see companies issue more than just one warrant, there is possibility of the company issuing WA, WA (warrant B), so on so forth at different price.
i see, in that case it will be a disadvantage if there is 1-for-1 split, effective share price drops by 50% but the "warrant" to buy the the share is still at 100% original share price.
kb2005
post Jul 18 2013, 02:52 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jul 18 2013, 02:23 PM)
Shark spotted! tongue.gif
fuzzy
post Jul 18 2013, 02:57 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(harmonics3 @ Jul 18 2013, 02:46 PM)
i see, in that case it will be a disadvantage if there is 1-for-1 split, effective share price drops by 50% but the "warrant" to buy the the share is still at 100% original share price.
So one have to look at the provisions set out in the warrant in the case of stock split or bonus issuance as it will dilute the price. Some will have provisions to revise the warrant prices in circumstances like this, so your cost will remain the same as you either get cheaper warrants or additional warrants to compensate.

It has pro and cons, for example if there was a reverse stock split (say, 5 shares now combined to 1 for better price), and they didn't put any provisions allowing them to adjust the pricing, suddenly now you have 5 warrants to buy my share at RM0.50, when now it is worth RM2.50 as I have combined 5 shares for one smile.gif

koinibler
post Jul 18 2013, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,050 posts

Sad liow.
I also been rejected.
Amount already refund in full.
kb2005
post Jul 18 2013, 03:07 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

CIMB result out. Share alloted. biggrin.gif
piGiE
post Jul 18 2013, 03:07 PM

24 posts

pending MBB @ 3:08pm
Babablacksheep
post Jul 18 2013, 03:12 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 18 2013, 03:07 PM)
CIMB result out. Share alloted. biggrin.gif
congrats, how much alloted?

Maybank2u still pending, 3.12pm. sweat.gif
kb2005
post Jul 18 2013, 03:15 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(Babablacksheep @ Jul 18 2013, 03:12 PM)
congrats, how much alloted?

Maybank2u still pending, 3.12pm.  sweat.gif
60k shares
hando911
post Jul 18 2013, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

RHB still pending 3.17pm
Yamma
post Jul 18 2013, 03:17 PM

Enthusiast
736 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 18 2013, 03:15 PM)
60k shares
u apply 1million meh?
kb2005
post Jul 18 2013, 03:19 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(Yamma @ Jul 18 2013, 03:17 PM)
u apply 1million meh?
I applied 100k shares. Based on table, you will get 60k shares. I mentioned number of shares not lot here! biggrin.gif
kailc
post Jul 18 2013, 03:21 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

3:20PM MBB Pending...
fiqir
post Jul 18 2013, 03:41 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 18 2013, 03:19 PM)
I applied 100k shares. Based on table, you will get 60k shares. I mentioned number of shares not lot here! biggrin.gif
so lucky u. rclxms.gif
ronnie
post Jul 18 2013, 03:47 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

MBB need to check after 7-8 pm
minshome
post Jul 18 2013, 04:01 PM

Casual
432 posts

haiz...lousy mbb.. even slower than pbb or cimb..
zamans98
post Jul 18 2013, 04:18 PM

8,477 posts

failed.

http://www.mih.com.my/results1.php?issue=5...8&Submit=Search

change 888888-88-8888 with your ID
kailc
post Jul 18 2013, 04:23 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 18 2013, 02:18 AM)
failed.

Application Not Successful
jjsia
post Jul 18 2013, 04:25 PM

On my way
507 posts

Itrade. Allotted.

On a side note, when will they refund the balance coz I haven't receive it yet.

This post has been edited by jjsia: Jul 18 2013, 04:27 PM
tottichien
post Jul 18 2013, 04:33 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

Maybank still pending...
vNirvana
post Jul 18 2013, 04:42 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

why maybank sooooo soooo sloww........
pancelee
post Jul 18 2013, 04:45 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 18 2013, 04:18 PM)
failed.

Above link is 100% can be trust? OMG "Application Not Successful" again?!??!! cry.gif
crystalpoyo
post Jul 18 2013, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

Rejected. Sigh
piGiE
post Jul 18 2013, 04:47 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(pancelee @ Jul 18 2013, 04:45 PM)
Above link is 100% can be trust? OMG "Application Not Successful" again?!??!!  cry.gif
Cant be trust, U can try others IPO counter and you will get the same result.

This post has been edited by piGiE: Jul 18 2013, 04:47 PM
Babablacksheep
post Jul 18 2013, 04:50 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

Just wait for your bank results.
Why so nervous, the stock is not listing on board tomorrow.
kailc
post Jul 18 2013, 04:51 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(piGiE @ Jul 18 2013, 02:47 AM)
I think can be trusted, I tried other IPOs which I was allotted, and the result show the number of shares I allotted.
piGiE
post Jul 18 2013, 04:56 PM

24 posts

try to change the counter from 542 to 600, and U will get the same result. We need those who allotted to try out

This post has been edited by piGiE: Jul 18 2013, 04:57 PM
whoopa
post Jul 18 2013, 05:33 PM

b~o~b~o
7,118 posts

i not alloted buy y nv refund my money one
ronnie
post Jul 18 2013, 06:08 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

No refund yet from Maybank @ 6:05pm
jaredtay1994
post Jul 18 2013, 06:12 PM

42 posts

I registered through CIMB, still pending
TSdavinz18
post Jul 18 2013, 06:24 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

After 8pm should know the results smile.gif
kyenli
post Jul 18 2013, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

mbb status changed to 'waiting list'. what does that mean?
lwaiyeap
post Jul 18 2013, 07:12 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(kyenli @ Jul 18 2013, 07:04 PM)
mbb status changed to 'waiting list'. what does that mean?
strike
Sphenix
post Jul 18 2013, 07:17 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

haiz...... me waiting list too.......
piGiE
post Jul 18 2013, 07:22 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Jul 18 2013, 07:17 PM)
haiz...... me waiting list too.......
MBB unsuccessful ... For my status

This post has been edited by piGiE: Jul 18 2013, 07:22 PM
teckyuan
post Jul 18 2013, 07:23 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

yeah..me too...
minshome
post Jul 18 2013, 07:24 PM

Casual
432 posts

my MBB unsuccessful too...haiz....
hyzam1212
post Jul 18 2013, 07:28 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

mbb still pending
EmporerHaki
post Jul 18 2013, 07:30 PM

45 posts

Anyone can tell how the balloting session is conducted?
Babablacksheep
post Jul 18 2013, 07:34 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

Maybank2u
Unsuccesful :-(
tineagle
post Jul 18 2013, 07:43 PM

The Animal Within
1,276 posts

QUOTE(EmporerHaki @ Jul 18 2013, 07:30 PM)
Anyone can tell how the balloting session is conducted?
bumi status -> lots applied category -> randomized picking

in that order smile.gif
EmporerHaki
post Jul 18 2013, 07:49 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(tineagle @ Jul 18 2013, 07:43 PM)
bumi status -> lots applied category -> randomized picking

in that order smile.gif
Thanks for the answer.
Then, do you know how many days will MBB take to credit the money back to applicants?
jaredtay1994
post Jul 18 2013, 07:52 PM

42 posts

CIMB, still pending
ckinsg
post Jul 18 2013, 07:52 PM

On my way
677 posts

X kena!!!
zitis
post Jul 18 2013, 08:01 PM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

QUOTE(sarbuftaim @ Jul 18 2013, 02:30 PM)
Good Idea, will do the same.
smile.gif
zitis
post Jul 18 2013, 08:02 PM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 18 2013, 02:52 PM)
Shark spotted! tongue.gif
Not shark, ikan kembung only. tongue.gif
jaredtay1994
post Jul 18 2013, 08:02 PM

42 posts

Just checked through CIMB, status still pending, any idea after what time can check?
zitis
post Jul 18 2013, 08:05 PM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

QUOTE(jaredtay1994 @ Jul 18 2013, 08:02 PM)
Just checked through CIMB, status still pending, any idea after what time can check?
Try again after 12am or tomorrow morning.
jaredtay1994
post Jul 18 2013, 08:09 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jul 18 2013, 08:05 PM)
Try again after 12am or tomorrow morning.
Ok, thx smile.gif
tottichien
post Jul 18 2013, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

mine... waiting list

snake_eye
post Jul 18 2013, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

alotted 10k.. smile.gif
what is the tp for this counter...?
main tembak terkene plak..
azlan88
post Jul 18 2013, 08:24 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

waiting list mean dapat.

vNirvana
post Jul 18 2013, 08:25 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

Sad case.. unsuccessful again.. I got not luck with ipo =( but I read edge today this 2 months got a lot of ipo coming
minshome
post Jul 18 2013, 08:27 PM

Casual
432 posts

wat's the next ipo? when?
zamans98
post Jul 18 2013, 08:35 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(pancelee @ Jul 18 2013, 04:45 PM)
Above link is 100% can be trust? OMG "Application Not Successful" again?!??!!  cry.gif
QUOTE(piGiE @ Jul 18 2013, 04:47 PM)
Its 100% proven.

Like CLIQ - i got it and shows.
Same like Ranhill shows not successful (true)

CODE
http://www.mih.com.my/results1.php?issue=539&type=test.Investor_ID&investor=888888-88-8888&Submit=Search
CLIQ
john123x
post Jul 18 2013, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Jul 18 2013, 08:27 PM)
wat's the next ipo? when?
recommended westport IPO next
zamans98
post Jul 18 2013, 08:37 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(snake_eye @ Jul 18 2013, 08:17 PM)
alotted 10k.. smile.gif
what is the tp for this counter...?
main tembak terkene plak..
congrats, mine under BUMI with 66.67% probability also don't hit. Sigh.
SONA failed, RANHILL failed. doh.gif
Sphenix
post Jul 18 2013, 08:40 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

how come is auto reserved? what condition will entitled this?
hyzam1212
post Jul 18 2013, 08:46 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Jul 18 2013, 08:40 PM)
how come is auto reserved? what condition will entitled this?
Reserved or reversed? if reversed, it means tht u didnt get it

This post has been edited by hyzam1212: Jul 18 2013, 08:47 PM
Xforged
post Jul 18 2013, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
226 posts

applied 80k units but allotted 30k units only. Am grateful nonetheless
elea88
post Jul 18 2013, 09:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(Xforged @ Jul 18 2013, 08:59 PM)
applied 80k units but allotted 30k units only. Am grateful nonetheless
I applied 48000 get 20000...
Charlie82
post Jul 18 2013, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

ranhill applied 25k, elek blush.gif
sona applied 50k, auto-reversed rm10k whistling.gif brows.gif
minshome
post Jul 18 2013, 09:32 PM

Casual
432 posts

i notice i have no luck with MIH...almost 90% IPO from MIH i not kena..but was cleared if from other issuing house...wonder why... doh.gif
ah_fui
post Jul 18 2013, 09:37 PM

technical potatoz
858 posts

auto reserved 100%. sien die me

lambethwalk
post Jul 18 2013, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,635 posts

what lah... failed again. ranhill, fujiya, now sona sad.gif
snake_eye
post Jul 18 2013, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 18 2013, 08:37 PM)
SONA failed, RANHILL failed.  doh.gif
maybe your rezki after listing..who knows...
kyenli
post Jul 18 2013, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

managed to get 100% . 6k smile.gif
ryei
post Jul 18 2013, 09:57 PM

On my way
517 posts

got 60k shares rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by ryei: Jul 18 2013, 10:15 PM
ronnie
post Jul 18 2013, 10:23 PM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

Another failed attempt at IPO application.... mad.gif
blahbleh
post Jul 18 2013, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 18 2013, 10:23 PM)
Another failed attempt at IPO application.... mad.gif
Aih...I feel you bro..
Sphenix
post Jul 18 2013, 10:31 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 18 2013, 08:46 PM)
Reserved or reversed? if reversed, it means tht u didnt get it
oops is Auto reversed, meaning I didnt get it? but i get partially reimburse ard.....
hovercraft97
post Jul 18 2013, 10:31 PM

Casual
365 posts

Ranhilll failed..

For sona.. My fren used 3 people account with.. Also din get...

Congratz for those who get... Cause it comes with warrants..
ryei
post Jul 18 2013, 10:33 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(Sphenix @ Jul 18 2013, 10:31 PM)
oops is Auto reversed, meaning I didnt get it? but i get partially reimburse ard.....
partially reimburse means the balance already successful biggrin.gif
Sphenix
post Jul 18 2013, 10:35 PM

Hired........
3,705 posts

QUOTE(ryei @ Jul 18 2013, 10:33 PM)
partially reimburse means the balance already successful  biggrin.gif
ic...... confusing on "Auto reversed" ......
goodtrading123
post Jul 18 2013, 10:42 PM

Casual
337 posts

yay... 1k biggrin.gif
GloryKnight
post Jul 19 2013, 12:00 AM

Regular
1,770 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 18 2013, 08:37 PM)
SONA failed, RANHILL failed.  doh.gif
Haish...didn't hit any too. The three recent counters all tak kena. Wadepak!

MIH oh MIH...

time to hit other IPOs then..time to buy in opening day.
jerry88
post Jul 19 2013, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

how do you check the result?
ronnie
post Jul 19 2013, 12:23 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(jerry88 @ Jul 19 2013, 12:07 AM)
how do you check the result?
Just check your bank account if the funds are returned to you in FULL(=failed) or PARTIAL (=successful)
SUSDavid83
post Jul 19 2013, 07:57 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

My application failed. Money has been auto-reversed. sad.gif
hyzam1212
post Jul 19 2013, 08:00 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

pending still in the mornin...
nightzstar
post Jul 19 2013, 08:09 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

my money havent refund yet, cimb here. does it take that long?
sl3ge
post Jul 19 2013, 08:23 AM

Regular
1,324 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 19 2013, 08:09 AM)
2 days like that.
Maybank2u refund is the fastest, instant refund..
nightzstar
post Jul 19 2013, 08:26 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(sl3ge @ Jul 19 2013, 08:23 AM)
2 days like that.
Maybank2u refund is the fastest, instant refund..
i see, thks for the info.
jaredtay1994
post Jul 19 2013, 08:35 AM

42 posts

Partially alotted smile.gif
fiqir
post Jul 19 2013, 08:41 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

im in. congrats those successful get the ipo. smile.gif
fuzzy
post Jul 19 2013, 08:49 AM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

All fail sad.gif

Congrats to those who got it! HUAT AHH~
ronnie
post Jul 19 2013, 09:24 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

Seem CIMB is slowpoke in refunds this round... maybe insufficient funds in CIMB doh.gif
jaredtay1994
post Jul 19 2013, 09:34 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jul 19 2013, 08:09 AM)
CIMB refund takes 1-3 days
Babablacksheep
post Jul 19 2013, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
852 posts

Maybank2u fully refunded.
good luck to allotees.
zamans98
post Jul 19 2013, 11:22 AM

8,477 posts

1121am - still no refund from CIMB. Its clear I failed to get even 1 shares.
FREE fund for them to use. earned 1 day interest. jilaka
hyzam1212
post Jul 19 2013, 11:31 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

my mbb status still pending and no refund in sight approaching noon...they usually not this late
callme777
post Jul 19 2013, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 19 2013, 11:31 AM)
my mbb status still pending and no refund in sight approaching noon...they usually not this late
Pending till now in Maybank means you are under reserved. Sorry to say but chances are you will not be successful and yet they hold your money for a week. That's worse than unsuccessful if you ask me
Carrick87
post Jul 19 2013, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

20,000 lots..satu pun tarak..epic failed..m2u fully refunded by ytd nite liao
nasT
post Jul 19 2013, 12:29 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

bugger.. i'm still waiting for the results.... 2 names..

HSBC too slow this time.!
jaredtay1994
post Jul 19 2013, 01:02 PM

42 posts

Got my refund back from CIMB dy
selim
post Jul 19 2013, 04:18 PM

6 posts

Applied 31K share, partially allotted 20k share.
fiqir
post Jul 20 2013, 10:59 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

" The massive demand for shares of the soon-to-be-listed Sona Petroleum Bhd is testament to that. By some estimates, a whopping RM3bil of liquidity was chasing to get a slice of the RM550mil worth of shares being offered in that IPO. And banking sources claim that demand was more than that RM3bil figure. "

#starbiz

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 20 2013, 11:05 AM
irush
post Jul 20 2013, 08:18 PM

27 posts

successful this time
topearn
post Jul 21 2013, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(irush @ Jul 20 2013, 08:18 PM)
successful this time

Wa Low ! Faatlah this time ! How many share U get ? I expect at least 100% profit on listing day !

Eoma
post Jul 21 2013, 10:27 AM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

failed. sad.gif
topearn
post Jul 21 2013, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(Eoma @ Jul 21 2013, 10:27 AM)
failed. sad.gif

Too bad ! Better luck next time !

kb2005
post Jul 21 2013, 01:04 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Jul 21 2013, 10:10 AM)
Wa Low ! Faatlah this time ! How many share U get ? I expect at least 100% profit on listing day !
You goreng to 100% ?
phoenix87
post Jul 21 2013, 03:17 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

normally spac have weak opening bt as time goes by it goes higher higher and higher....

judging frm the past 2 spac
fiqir
post Jul 21 2013, 03:51 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

all the best. im in too smile.gif

This post has been edited by fiqir: Jul 21 2013, 03:57 PM
kb2005
post Jul 21 2013, 04:25 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(phoenix87 @ Jul 21 2013, 03:17 PM)
normally spac have weak opening bt as time goes by it goes higher higher and higher....

What do you think on day 1 ? TP? Any other SPAC besides CLIQ?
kb2005
post Jul 21 2013, 04:26 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(fiqir @ Jul 21 2013, 03:51 PM)
all the best.  im in too smile.gif
Welcome to the money making boat. biggrin.gif
Charlie82
post Jul 21 2013, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

HIBISCUS 1st SPAC listed 25 July 2011 (first 3 months performance was flat, after that started the rocket booster tongue.gif )
Hibiscus open 0.540, highest 2.19, now 1.50
Hib-wa open 0.135, highest 1.38, now 1.13

CLIQ 2nd SPAC listed 10 April 2013 (first 3 months performance stellar thumbup.gif )
CLIQ open 0.580, highest 0.850, now 0.770
Cliq-wa open 0.155, highest 0.560, now 0.485

SONA 3rd SPAC 2B listed 30 July 2013 (first 3 months performance ??? hmm.gif )
SONA open 0.xxx, highest 0.xxx
Sona-wa open 0.xxx, highest 0.xxx

Got some SONA myself, so let see how it performs, hopefully thumbup.gif and 888 for all holders icon_rolleyes.gif

fiqir
post Jul 21 2013, 05:33 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

QUOTE(Charlie82 @ Jul 21 2013, 04:58 PM)
HIBISCUS 1st SPAC listed 25 July 2011 (first 3 months performance was flat, after that started the rocket booster  tongue.gif )
Hib-wa  open 0.135, highest 1.38, now 1.13

CLIQ 2nd SPAC listed 10 April 2013 (first 3 months performance stellar  thumbup.gif )
CLIQ    open 0.580, highest 0.850, now 0.770

SONA 3rd SPAC 2B listed 30 July 2013 (first 3 months performance ???  hmm.gif )
SONA    open 0.xxx, highest 0.xxx

Got some SONA myself, so let see how it performs, hopefully  thumbup.gif and 888 for all holders  icon_rolleyes.gif
nice. good work. blush.gif rclxms.gif
TSdavinz18
post Jul 21 2013, 05:49 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

QUOTE(Charlie82 @ Jul 21 2013, 04:58 PM)
HIBISCUS 1st SPAC listed 25 July 2011 (first 3 months performance was flat, after that started the rocket booster  tongue.gif )
Hib-wa  open 0.135, highest 1.38, now 1.13

CLIQ 2nd SPAC listed 10 April 2013 (first 3 months performance stellar  thumbup.gif )
CLIQ    open 0.580, highest 0.850, now 0.770

SONA 3rd SPAC 2B listed 30 July 2013 (first 3 months performance ???  hmm.gif )
SONA    open 0.xxx, highest 0.xxx

Got some SONA myself, so let see how it performs, hopefully  thumbup.gif and 888 for all holders  icon_rolleyes.gif
good info rclxms.gif
kb2005
post Jul 21 2013, 06:55 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Thanks Charlie82.
azlan88
post Jul 21 2013, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Exploration and Production require huge capital outlay. I dont think 550mil is enough. Maybe they will raise some more when an asset is confirmed to be purchased.

It's good if they can buy asset from Newfield Malaysia, as they are reducing its presence in Malaysia and focus back to America.
turbopips
post Jul 21 2013, 11:01 PM

Casual
306 posts

May I know is there any tp published by research house? Thanks

topearn
post Jul 21 2013, 11:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(phoenix87 @ Jul 21 2013, 03:17 PM)

So U recommend, just buy any SPAC and keep since price will go up and up, right ?

hando911
post Jul 22 2013, 06:55 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

manage to get a little share for myself

i target this ipo as a momentum stock and hopefully everything going as planned

FirezZ
post Jul 22 2013, 10:20 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

my refund from mbb still not yet also T.T
FirezZ
post Jul 22 2013, 10:24 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

hmm wait.. i got MIDF/MIH REIMBURSEMT... but the amount is diff with the one i paid them wor.. means wat a ?
hmm btw... the one i used cds account is nominee acc... so this mean the transaction is def will fail right ?
the MIDF/MIH REIMBURSEMT should be full amount too right ?
ronnie
post Jul 22 2013, 10:26 AM

Not enough stars
All Stars
19,595 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 22 2013, 10:24 AM)
hmm wait.. i got MIDF/MIH REIMBURSEMT... but the amount is diff with the one i paid them wor.. means wat a ?
hmm btw... the one i used cds account is nominee acc... so this mean the transaction is def will fail right ?
the MIDF/MIH REIMBURSEMT should be full amount too right ?
Is the difference equal to allocated shares per the Table posted few pages back ?
FirezZ
post Jul 22 2013, 10:49 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Jul 22 2013, 10:26 AM)
Is the difference equal to allocated shares per the Table posted few pages back ?
if got back partial money as REIMBURSEMT i guess this is a good news right ? it means they allocated some shares to me biggrin.gif but problem is.. i was using nominee cds account to purchase it +_+

it should be failed hor ?
or... they never noticed this nominee acc hmmm
nasT
post Jul 22 2013, 10:52 AM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Jul 22 2013, 10:49 AM)
if got back partial money as REIMBURSEMT i guess this is a good news right ? it means they allocated some shares to me biggrin.gif but problem is.. i was using nominee cds account to purchase it +_+

it should be failed hor ?
or... they never noticed this nominee acc hmmm
If it is confirmed a nominee acct...brace yourself coz...eventually it will be rejected.

my 2sen experience, sad.gif

FirezZ
post Jul 22 2013, 10:54 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

yupe.. i guess it should fail... so waiting for the money and put on some other stocks now biggrin.gif but when looking at the refund.. aiks... only rm 500 refunded +_+ something is wrong lolz
nasT
post Jul 22 2013, 12:30 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

woohoo.. sangkut 40k shares.
goldironman
post Jul 22 2013, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(nasT @ Jul 22 2013, 12:30 PM)
woohoo.. sangkut 40k shares.
with two names?
topearn
post Jul 22 2013, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(goldironman @ Jul 22 2013, 12:52 PM)
with two names?

What U mean ?

nasT
post Jul 22 2013, 02:17 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(goldironman @ Jul 22 2013, 12:52 PM)
with two names?
ya loh two names each 20k.
goldironman
post Jul 22 2013, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(nasT @ Jul 22 2013, 02:17 PM)
ya loh two names each 20k.
Congrats!!, assuming u sent out two applications. I applied with two names too in the 30k category but only one name alloted. Can't complain as winning one is better than nothing. sweat.gif
nasT
post Jul 22 2013, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(goldironman @ Jul 22 2013, 02:32 PM)
Congrats!!, assuming u sent out two applications. I applied with two names too in the 30k category but only one name alloted. Can't complain as winning one is better than nothing. sweat.gif
Congrats to u too. Anyway - hopefully there is money to be made..
hyzam1212
post Jul 24 2013, 08:02 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

I thought no hope d...after one week they gave me some...Alhamdulillah...gd luck guys
john123x
post Jul 24 2013, 09:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 24 2013, 08:02 AM)
I thought no hope d...after one week they gave me some...Alhamdulillah...gd luck guys
nice raya luck u have there
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 24 2013, 11:00 AM

On my way
654 posts

Ranhill got unforeseen problem, depends on this counter to fly high
Purplewitch
post Jul 24 2013, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

allotted half of my initial submission !! huat ar !!
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 24 2013, 11:34 AM

On my way
654 posts

now only know? hmm.gif
hyzam1212
post Jul 24 2013, 12:37 PM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

QUOTE(nilambanting @ Jul 24 2013, 11:34 AM)
now only know?  hmm.gif
Yeah...I only know this today...pending since the result announcement...I guess it was truly reserved
SUSnilambanting
post Jul 24 2013, 01:39 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(hyzam1212 @ Jul 24 2013, 12:37 PM)
Yeah...I only know this today...pending since the result announcement...I guess it was truly reserved
at least its a good news
kb2005
post Jul 24 2013, 08:44 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Will all the goreng kaki focus on Sona since Ranhill delayed the listing ? biggrin.gif
minshome
post Jul 24 2013, 08:56 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Jul 24 2013, 09:44 PM)
Will all the goreng kaki focus on Sona since Ranhill delayed the listing ? biggrin.gif
Definately yes...
kb2005
post Jul 24 2013, 09:19 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(minshome @ Jul 24 2013, 08:56 PM)
Definately yes...
I do have the same thinking. Hopefully 10-20% gain from Sona!
Purplewitch
post Jul 24 2013, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

expect some abalone meal from this stock ... worst case still got KFC at least.. rclxms.gif
john123x
post Jul 24 2013, 09:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

QUOTE(Purplewitch @ Jul 24 2013, 09:39 PM)
expect some abalone meal from this stock ... worst case still got KFC at least..  rclxms.gif
i was expecting an ipad mini at least
kb2005
post Jul 24 2013, 09:51 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

If ABM can give 10% for the first 10mins, i think Sona will do better than ABM. With the Ranhill listing delay, it will boost up Sona chance to go higher during listing.
hyzam1212
post Jul 27 2013, 10:00 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

I think we better adjust the ball and make it hotter coming Tuesday after the Ranhill fiasco

Sona Petroleum, which aims to eventually make the transition to an independent E&P company, has already secured commitments from six institutions both local and foreign as cornerstone investors, making it the first SPAC to do so.

The cornerstones, who did not enjoy a discount to the 50 sen IPO price, have been apportioned 275 million shares out of the 959 million shares for institutions.

Industry observers believe Sona Petroleum’s appeal lay in it being one of the few upstream plays in a stock market dominated by O&G service providers, in spite of the fact that asset managers typically shun SPACs because of their high-risk, unproven nature.

The 1.1 billion shares to be sold under the IPO comprise 959 million shares for institutional investors and 141 million shares for retail investors at 50 sen apiece. Each share comes with a free warrant. The conversion price per warrant is 35 sen, with a five-year conversion period.

fiqir
post Jul 27 2013, 10:05 AM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

all gonna focus to sona petroleum now.
hyzam1212
post Jul 27 2013, 10:12 AM

**Fantasista**
1,681 posts

lets put more focus to it

Sona Petroleum’s six cornerstone investors will not be subject to a moratorium, despite one being in place on its management team and initial investors. The moratorium is perhaps the strictest to be put in place on a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) in Malaysia so far.

http://www.kinibiz.com/story/corporate/389...-solutions.html

anyone has some insights into this...

A tight moratorium for the management team and initial investors but not to the 6 cornerstone I believe

edit add on
Special-purpose acquisition company (Spac) Sona Petroleum's Hadian Hashim has explained that the company believes that placing a moratorium on cornerstone investors is unnecessary, as the structured nature of a Spac ensures the confidence long term investment.

This post has been edited by hyzam1212: Jul 27 2013, 10:14 AM
zitis
post Jul 27 2013, 11:15 AM

bling! bling!
1,219 posts

Sure HUAT AH!... At least 20% premium.
minshome
post Jul 27 2013, 11:54 AM

Casual
432 posts

so wat is the price for mother + son on listing day? anyone know?
sarbuftaim
post Jul 27 2013, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

As I understand, the Allotment is suppose to be on 26/7/2013....has anyone have this indicated in the share list.
kb2005
post Jul 27 2013, 10:52 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jul 27 2013, 11:15 AM)
HUAT AH! ONG AH! biggrin.gif
ryei
post Jul 28 2013, 02:20 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(sarbuftaim @ Jul 27 2013, 02:56 PM)
As I understand, the Allotment is suppose to be on 26/7/2013....has anyone have this indicated in the share list.
just checked my HL ebroking, haven't got my allotment of shares yet.. anyone already got it??
zamans98
post Jul 28 2013, 03:36 PM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(ryei @ Jul 28 2013, 02:20 PM)
just checked my HL ebroking, haven't got my allotment of shares yet.. anyone already got it??
HLe slow one. normally on listing day u can see it.
hando911
post Jul 29 2013, 05:27 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

30 or 31?

cant wait blush.gif
zamans98
post Jul 29 2013, 05:32 AM

8,477 posts

QUOTE(zitis @ Jul 27 2013, 11:15 AM)
Don't think so it will, likely a negative.
QUOTE(hando911 @ Jul 29 2013, 05:27 AM)
30 or 31?

cant wait blush.gif
Tuesday la kawan
hando911
post Jul 29 2013, 07:02 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jul 29 2013, 05:32 AM)
Tuesday la kawan
thanks bro

how much share do you own brows.gif