90 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Sabah-Sarawak UNIFI Thread, Free until Dec 24month contract promo

views

dieselmy
post Oct 1 2015, 02:55 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Ryo83 @ Sep 22 2015, 11:41 PM)
Ya IJM Area Tmn Utama will unified maybe october, i already apply 30mbps.
Where u apply unifi? Can apply already?

Ryo83
post Oct 1 2015, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(dieselmy @ Oct 1 2015, 02:55 PM)
Where u apply unifi? Can apply already?
Apply at TM Giant Sandakan. But still no news. But the saleswoman told me maybe around October Sandakan will have UNIFI.

Yechenj
post Oct 3 2015, 01:40 PM

7 posts

Just saw them do something with the white box ( small one )
I think they say need 3 months ( Sandakan )

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/yech...ps43fowhjo.jpeg

This post has been edited by Yechenj: Oct 3 2015, 01:46 PM
NASUS31
post Oct 6 2015, 12:28 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ Sep 4 2015, 05:23 PM)
[Kuching] Anyone applied for UNIFI recently and received a response? It has been one month since I submitted my application form and I even check with 100 helpline. They said their HQ has yet to process my application.

Also, saw major UNIFI expansion for Swinburne and Ong Tiang Swee area. Meanwhile 93150 has been REMOVED from the coverage listing. It might mean that they're not ready yet or worst. Me (and my agent) apologize for any misleading information as we received all information from official technician or TM point staff
Hi Vyrnach, wondering how is your application going? has it been installed for you?
my landlord applied for ours since Sept, according to him the TM agents told him we are in queue for installation but so far we are still waiting.

Also my friend said he saw Unifi setting up tables and chairs tongue.gif around his area Jalan Bampflyde!!

This post has been edited by NASUS31: Oct 6 2015, 12:29 PM
dieselmy
post Oct 7 2015, 01:12 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Ryo83 @ Oct 1 2015, 03:32 PM)
Apply at TM Giant Sandakan. But still no news. But the saleswoman told me maybe around October Sandakan will have UNIFI.
ooo...TM reseller/agent at Giant...

I will go to TMPoint as i prefer apply direct with TM rather than reseller or agent.

Tq for the info. thumbup.gif

fylon
post Oct 7 2015, 05:02 PM

~ The Revival ~
4,431 posts

TM dealer called said have submitted my application, and 2hrs later I got email from TM said my application is being process and contractor will come over for cable installation. laugh.gif

But anyways, I have question here. It seems like they are applying separate line eh. sweat.gif Means I will have 2 phone line after the installation is done. Anyone having problem like me? Are there any way to "migrate" my existing number to the new unifi line?
TSVyrnach
post Oct 9 2015, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(NASUS31 @ Oct 6 2015, 12:28 PM)
Hi Vyrnach, wondering how is your application going? has it been installed for you?
my landlord applied for ours since Sept, according to him the TM agents told him we are in queue for installation but so far we are still waiting.

Also my friend said he saw Unifi setting up tables and chairs tongue.gif around his area Jalan Bampflyde!!
After waiting for many months, one of the technician just came over to my house 4 days ago and tell us installation will be conducted "soon"™. There was no email or call at all.

QUOTE(fylon @ Oct 7 2015, 05:02 PM)
TM dealer called said have submitted my application, and 2hrs later I got email from TM said my application is being process and contractor will come over for cable installation. laugh.gif

But anyways, I have question here. It seems like they are applying separate line eh. sweat.gif Means I will have 2 phone line after the installation is done. Anyone having problem like me? Are there any way to "migrate" my existing number to the new unifi line?
Afraid I can't give you a straight answer as I have heard multiple answers regarding this. But you SHOULD be given an opportunity to 'assign one EXISTING line as a complimentary line as part of the transfer from Streamyx to Unifi'. I am not sure about other scenarios like only land line> Unifi

This post has been edited by Vyrnach: Oct 9 2015, 09:50 AM
fylon
post Oct 9 2015, 05:36 PM

~ The Revival ~
4,431 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ Oct 9 2015, 09:48 AM)
After waiting for many months, one of the technician just came over to my house 4 days ago and tell us installation will be conducted "soon"™. There was no email or call at all.
Afraid I can't  give you a straight answer as I have heard multiple answers regarding this. But you SHOULD be given an opportunity to 'assign one EXISTING line as a complimentary line as part of the transfer from Streamyx to Unifi'. I am not sure about other scenarios like only land line> Unifi
Yaya.. I actually been to TM point today to ask about this matter. For streamyx user that upgrade to unifi, you will have two line at home (this is that if you want to retain your existing streamyx tel numbers).

So the procedure its, after unifi successfully install at your place, then you will need to go TM point and inform the CS that you want to terminate the your streamyx account BUT you want to retain your existing number. They will do the adjustment accordingly by terminate your streamyx, waive your streamyx tel line rental and retain your number. An add on RM1 + GST will be charge to the bill for retain the old streamyx tel number. And any call make from that number will be charge accordingly.

TM CS suggest to use the streamyx line to receive call and call out with unifi line. icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif
cofin
post Oct 12 2015, 03:28 PM

Finally
1,727 posts

Everyday i check the OCC its a disappointing day for me .....the technician last month told me this month going to have unifi for my housing area when they came and took picture of the box and tiang outside my house say waiting for the manager to sign then can pasang unifi already. Then wait and wait almost middle of month already still no news...since June already got the unifi box outside my house but no connection .....one of my neighbor box also missing already.

2 years already i've been living without a phone line and internet ....... sad.gif

This post has been edited by cofin: Oct 12 2015, 03:29 PM
TSVyrnach
post Oct 15 2015, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

Just as a reference to give an idea on how long you have to wait after submitting your UNIFI application (atleast via an agent, for Kuching): I submitted my application via an agent on 28 July 2015.

Today I first got an 'official' call regarding my application on my preferred UNIFI number (as the one I entered in the form is not available). After that, I got an SMS that my installation will be this saturday (17 October 2015).

So in summary, the time from application to installation is: 2 months, 19 days
Yechenj
post Oct 15 2015, 06:00 PM

7 posts

Unifi Is Finally At Sandakan. Saw The Banner That Says "Unifi Kini Di Sini''
But Its Only At Taman Tyng, Taman Pertama, Taman Tshun Ngen, Taman Lucky, Taman Wemin, Taman Samudera
damn it... not at taman utama :/ oh well

Ryo83
post Oct 16 2015, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(Yechenj @ Oct 15 2015, 06:00 PM)
But Its Only At Taman Tyng, Taman Pertama, Taman Tshun Ngen, Taman Lucky, Taman Wemin, Taman Samudera
Yup that area got Unifi first. Then Taman Utama maybe this month also, I call the TM agent just now. So what can I do now, just wait a call from them.. now using Streamyx 4mbps..

TSVyrnach
post Oct 18 2015, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

Finally got my UniFi installed yesterday. Was actually going for VIP5 but last minute changed to the promo 30Mbps and so far it's been simply incredible. I wasn't expecting the quality to live up to expectation as I have been stuck with the old awful Streamyx 1Mbps for so long. I'll let the images speak for themselves:

user posted image
user posted image

https://imgur.com/a/Ixds5

If you have any questions, do ask away
man6231
post Oct 18 2015, 08:14 PM

6 posts

HI,i quite curious about hows the ping going (I am a gamer too)
Can u post a pingtest about 30mbps?
Thanks about it
fylon
post Oct 18 2015, 11:32 PM

~ The Revival ~
4,431 posts

Got mine installed this evening. Bet the first few that got it in that Lorong that I live at. But there's problem with the speed. With laptop and PC, I can't seems to get pass 8Mb for both upload and download via speedtest. Sometime, it drop below 3Mb.. Especially the upload.

But it were perfectly fine when I test using my phone (oneplus one) with the speedtest apps and test from the same server (celcom kch).

My 8mb streamyx still on going, if anyone said there's problem with my PC / laptop, then why I can get full speed test doing speed test under the same device when I hop on my streamyx line? hmm.gif Weird right.
NubPro
post Oct 19 2015, 12:14 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(fylon @ Oct 18 2015, 11:32 PM)
Got mine installed this evening. Bet the first few that got it in that Lorong that I live at. But there's problem with the speed. With laptop and PC, I can't seems to get pass 8Mb for both upload and download via speedtest. Sometime, it drop below 3Mb.. Especially the upload.

But it were perfectly fine when I test using my phone (oneplus one) with the speedtest apps and test from the same server (celcom kch).

My 8mb streamyx still on going, if anyone said there's problem with my PC / laptop, then why I can get full speed test doing speed test under the same device when I hop on my streamyx line? hmm.gif Weird right.
What unifi package deal are you on?

fylon
post Oct 19 2015, 07:32 AM

~ The Revival ~
4,431 posts

QUOTE(NubPro @ Oct 19 2015, 12:14 AM)
What unifi package deal are you on?
VIP10. There's no 30 & 50 when I sign up that time.
TSVyrnach
post Oct 19 2015, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(man6231 @ Oct 18 2015, 08:14 PM)
HI,i quite curious about hows the ping going (I am a gamer too)
Can u post a pingtest about 30mbps?
Thanks about it
Sure. Will do it when I get back? Which location? A normal cmd ping will suffice?

QUOTE(fylon @ Oct 18 2015, 11:32 PM)

Speedtest.net is NOT a proper reliable way of measuring your speed. You may only get 3Mbps to that test site in California but I'm totally downloading full 30Mbps with the help of a download manager or another software.

The 'best' way depends on your usual usage. I'm a gamer and download a lot of stuff so it's only usual that I use my proffered download tool for my testing (which is IDM and uTorrent, which both easily downloads up to 30Mbps) and also the connection quality such as ping.
PPZ
post Oct 19 2015, 10:45 AM

Enthusiast
736 posts

QUOTE(Yechenj @ Oct 15 2015, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE(Ryo83 @ Oct 16 2015, 12:25 PM)
Yup that area got Unifi first. Then Taman Utama maybe this month also, I call the TM agent just now. So what can I do now, just wait a call from them.. now using Streamyx 4mbps..
you guys stay in taman utama IJM? I saw some unifi boxes hanging on the light post and I hope it is soon. Is Unifi coming to condo as well? I stay in one of the condos there.

TM agent can confirm this month we will get also?
fylon
post Oct 19 2015, 11:01 AM

~ The Revival ~
4,431 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ Oct 19 2015, 10:09 AM)
Sure. Will do it when I get back? Which location? A normal cmd ping will suffice?
Speedtest.net is NOT a proper reliable way of measuring your speed. You may only get 3Mbps to that test site in California but I'm totally downloading full 30Mbps with the help of a download manager or another software.

The 'best' way depends on your usual usage. I'm a gamer and download a lot of stuff so it's only usual that I use my proffered download tool for my testing (which is IDM and uTorrent, which both easily downloads up to 30Mbps) and also the connection quality such as ping.
Well, I did what you mentioned too. Burst speed on IDM, yea 1.2Mb/s.. After 1mins drop back to 500kb+. Torrent with Xunlei plat accounts, same as well. Once burst, it hits the maximum speed and after that drop like 40-50% of what I suppose to have. While my streamyx account didn't give such issue. On a site note, my ping test sucks. 50-100ms. I'm like you, heavy downloader. If streamyx, its understandable for ping below 100ms are counted good. But on fiber and ping is above 10ms, something not write. I suspect unifi having issue on their routing.

Lodged my complaint at batu lintang today, the teller write and send email to their tech team right infront of me. Not bad. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by fylon: Oct 19 2015, 11:05 AM

90 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:05 AM