Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Vet to recommend at Ipoh area?

views

TSPrinceKhai
post Mar 2 2013, 11:49 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
129 posts

An adopted puppy, going to bring her to vet by next Monday most probably,

Any vet to recommend at around Ipoh area?

Her condition is getting serious,

Not sure whether is allergy or fungus cry.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
vicell
post Mar 3 2013, 12:31 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(PrinceKhai @ Mar 2 2013, 11:49 PM)
An adopted puppy, going to bring her to vet by next Monday most probably,

Any vet to recommend at around Ipoh area?

Her condition is getting serious,

Not sure whether is allergy or fungus  cry.gif
you know ipoh garden public bank ? Woo Lee there
behind public bank that street got 1 Vet clinic
the doctor is the president of ipoh vet's society 1
u try there, quite good there
TSPrinceKhai
post Mar 3 2013, 12:36 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(vicell @ Mar 3 2013, 12:31 AM)
you know ipoh garden public bank ? Woo Lee there
behind public bank that street got 1 Vet clinic
the doctor is the president of ipoh vet's society 1
u try there, quite good there
Will look around over there, thanks a lot

dunno how much would it cost me this time cry.gif
vicell
post Mar 3 2013, 12:38 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(PrinceKhai @ Mar 3 2013, 12:36 AM)
Will look around over there, thanks a lot

dunno how much would it cost me this time  cry.gif
their price is reasonable =)
no choice, pet's our life, haha
TSPrinceKhai
post Mar 3 2013, 01:01 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(vicell @ Mar 3 2013, 12:38 AM)
their price is reasonable =)
no choice, pet's our life, haha
what is the sir name of the doctor?Thnks haha !
vicell
post Mar 3 2013, 01:25 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(PrinceKhai @ Mar 3 2013, 01:01 AM)
what is the sir name of the doctor?Thnks haha !
if I'm not wrong should be Dr. Goh xDD wonder if i remember wrong. xDD
mikehwy
post Mar 4 2013, 12:11 AM

10k Club
All Stars
17,099 posts

dr wan is in charge of the vet klinik in ipoh garden. it is located along the bsn bank, next to the 'tung ku teng' food centre. service is good and the place is clean. there is a cheaper indiam lady vet in ipoh garden south along the rhb bank.

for dr wan, number is:

pm me if u need more info about these places.

free294u
post Mar 4 2013, 05:08 PM

24 posts

You may go to my this Veterinarian. PM you.
cyberixus
post Mar 6 2013, 12:00 AM

apple newbie
1,890 posts

Dr.Jean at Jean Veterinary Centre comes well recommended as well. It's located at the row of shops behind Jusco Kinta City.

kawa_e
post Mar 7 2013, 10:45 AM

Casual
317 posts

Yes. As recommended by cyberixus. Please go to Dr Jean Veterinary. Is highly recommended and caring doctor. It is only behind Jusco Kinta City first row shop lot. Easy to find.

I dont go to Ipoh Vet (Dr Goh/Dr Wan) because when my dog was terminally ill, they told me that there was ntg wrong with her. In fact, she was in terrible condition. They charged me RM700 for ntg. She died 2 months later. I dont understand how they did their stuff there. If you dont want to go to Dr Jean, you can go to Dr. Teoh (Taman Ipoh Permai).These doctors are highly recommended by rescuers in Ipoh. Dr Teoh has good expertise in diagnosing a dog because he handles stray dogs mostly at his clinic.

This post has been edited by kawa_e: Mar 7 2013, 10:52 AM
snml
post Oct 31 2016, 04:59 PM

0 posts

Hi all,

I have some experiences dealing with a few Ipoh vets and here are some feedback which you may find useful. Do take note that this is my personal opinion and judging from my experience dealing with vets.

Jean Veterinary Centre - Long queue and the charges is on the high side. Mom brought our old dog to the vet and was attended by another vet (not Dr Jean). He has spinal and hernia problem and he has difficulty passing motion. She brought him there to remove the stools and was advised to admit him. He was not given laxative on the first and second day, and was given the laxative on the third day. I immediately asked my mom to discharge him on the fourth day and he passed away the next day.
Verdict: Not recommended

Ipoh Garden Animal Clinic - Well-equipped and charges are slightly above average. My cat was admitted after losing his appetite for a week. We brought him to the Dr Wan and he was admitted for blood tests and other observations. He was diagnosed with FeLV and Leukaemia and when I came back and asked Dr Wan whether there is any cure or medication for FeLV, he did not reveal about an experimental drug called RETROMAD1 (which treats FIV, FeLV, FIP and Parvo) until we probed him. As we have a number of cats in our place, we were advised to bring them to check for FeLV and have them vaccinated. Thereafter, I brought my sick cat to KL for a second opinion in Gasing Vet and the prognosis is that he has FIP and was given less than 3 months to live. We went back to Ipoh Garden Animal Clinic and met another doctor, Dr Ng and highlighted about Dr Wan of not informing us about FIP and not documenting the details of the liquid remove from the cat's abdomen.
Verdict: Not recommended

JR Veterinary Centre - Of all the vets that I have known, she is the most caring to animals of all. However, Dr Ranjit's consultation space is very small, it does not seem hygienic and I feel that putting sick cats in the same room will lead to transmission of disease to other animals being brought in. I feel that she is able to take care of minor cases, but not the serious ones.
Verdict: Caring doctor, affordable charges, however, lacks equipment and limited space as she also sells pet food. May be good for minor cases only.

My Pets Veterinary Clinic & Surgery - Price is reasonable, lack of equipment and the area where the animals are caged is filthy. My cat fell from the roof after missing for a week and was admitted to the clinic for a week. He was dehydrated and stayed for a few days. When I picked him up, my cat was so hissing at Dr Martin. The doctor said he was fine and ready to go home. When he went home, he was not himself and he looked like he was always in pain. After some time and I did not feel that he had fully recovered, we brought him to UPM and found out he has a broken femur and needed to go for surgery.
Verdict: Friendly doctor, affordable charges, lack of equipment and poor facility. Probably good for minor cases only.

My mom has brought my cats to Tee Veterinary Clinic and Goh Veterinary Clinic for normal vaccination and check-ups. I can't comment much on these 2 clinics as I have not presented any serious cases to them. The only thing I can comment about Dr Dennis Goh is that they are very well equipped and extremely expensive. He quoted an operation for my cat's hernia at RM 2,000 and I brought her back to KL and we were only charged RM 300+ together with spaying.

As for Klang Valley, I recommend the below vets:

Gasing Veterinary Hospital (Near Jalan Gasing) - Dr Prem (dog) or Dr Mellissa Aw (dog & cat)

Gasing Veterinary Hospital
53 & 55, Jalan 5/58, Gasing Indah,
46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel : 03-7782 3553
Fax : 03-7782 9663
Monday to Saturday : 10.00 am - 8.00 pm
Sunday & Public Holiday : 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
Emergency Services Available

Valley Pets Veterinary Clinic (Sg Long) - Dr Chong (dog, cat, rabbit)

Valley Pets Veterinary Clinic
10-G, Jalan SL 1/13, Bandar Sungai Long, Kajang, 43200 Selangor, Malaysia
Hours Mon - Tues: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thurs - Sat: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sun: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm

Klinik Haiwan Dan Surgeri Wawasan (Puchong) - Dr Benny Tan

Klinik Haiwan & Surgery Wawasan
27, Jln Wawasan 2/22, Pusat Bdr Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
Tel: 03-58820755

UPM Vet Hospital (Only open on weekdays)

FAKULTI PERUBATAN VETERINAR
Klinik Haiwan Kesayangan
Hospital Veterinar Universiti
Fakulti Perubatan Veterinar

Tel : 03 8609 3954 / 3955
Faxs : +603 8947 1973

Other notable vets that I have heard good things about:

Yeoh Veterinary Clinic & Surgery
126, Jln SS 24/2, Tmn Megah, 47301 PJ, Selangor
Tel: 03-78048684
Fax: 03-78052350

Hand "N" Paws
C-17G, Jalan PJU 1/45, Aman Suria Damansara, 47301 PJ
tel: 03-78046539

NOT RECOMMENDED

Animal Medical Centre
Wisma Medivet, 8 Jln Tun Razak, 50400 KL

Thank you.

Regards.

This post has been edited by snml: Dec 8 2016, 10:20 PM
mscha22
post Jan 14 2019, 09:41 PM

0 posts

Recommended ipoh vet in Menglembu area

I have realised from friends and family that it is really hard to find reviews of vets in Ipoh, so I would like to share the vet that my family and some friends go to. I've had multiple dogs, including german shepherds, golden retrievers and mongrel breeds, in the family, and I've always had difficulty getting good explanations from vets, and this clinic that I've listed below is one that I've had very good experience with.

Klinik Haiwan Menglembu
127, Jalan Rishah Permai 1, Desa Rishah, 30100 Ipoh, Negeri Perak
Vet: Dr Lim

Just to share on one particular experience, before I had heard of this clinic, one of my dogs had horrible symptoms related to the eyes, and a vet in the Pengkalan area that I had bring my dog to diagnosed it as an eye infection and prescribed eye drops. 3 weeks passed by with me diligently prescribing the eyedrops, and I could see that the eyes were not getting any better. Subsequently, I went to Dr. Lim upon recommendation by a family friend, and just by checking my dogs eyes, he was able to diagnosed it as a symptom related to liver issues. Within a week of my dog taking the liver medication, I could see improvements very quickly after just 3 days (the medication was prescribed much longer term beyond 3 days). Personally I would really recommend Dr. Lim as he is very experienced and is able to diagnose my dogs' symptoms very accurately, and provide very clear explanations on the type of symptoms and corresponding medical conditions.

The quality of life led by our pets are very strongly dependent on a good vet and I would really recommend pet owners to this clinic. That said, this clinic is really crowded on weekends as his consultancy costs are also reasonable, so be prepared to wait as it's common to have multiple customers at the clinic.
BladeRider
post Dec 7 2020, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

any update review about ipoh garden animal clinic? My cat in terrible condition, found tumor in her nose and sending her to ipoh garden vet for 2nd opinion as my current vet recommend them saying they have better facilities and equipment.
BladeRider
post Dec 7 2020, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(mikehwy @ Mar 4 2013, 12:11 AM)
dr wan is in charge of the vet klinik in ipoh garden. it is located along the bsn bank, next to the 'tung ku teng' food centre. service is good and the place is clean. there is a cheaper indiam lady vet in ipoh garden south along the rhb bank.

for dr wan, number is:

pm me if u need more info about these places.
How is the charges at Dr. Wan? Compare to average vet place
mikehwy
post Dec 7 2020, 03:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,099 posts

QUOTE(BladeRider @ Dec 7 2020, 02:07 PM)
How is the charges at Dr. Wan? Compare to average vet place
depends on what do you need.
normal prices for general services.
of course, operations and x ray services range from rm500+
mikehwy
post Dec 7 2020, 03:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,099 posts

blood test etc m100+

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version