Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University University of Nottingham - Malaysia Campus, [ The University of the Year ]

views

felixwhoals
post Apr 5 2006, 10:18 AM

Casual
455 posts

Wow vailance, doing Computer Science? It's not the same as other college. It's BETTER than other colleges of course. Hey University of Nottingham is Top 10 in UK man!!! The CS course they offer is PURE Computing degree! You don't study any business subjects. It's pure Programming, Maths and all Computer related subjects.
felixwhoals
post Apr 6 2006, 12:22 AM

Casual
455 posts

I'm not sure about Nottingham Malaysia but I think the standard should be the same as in UK because the course structure and teaching are all the same from UK one. Nah, I never been to Nottingham Uni, UK
I'm in Birmingham Uni now. I didn't apply Nottingham for my computer science studies hehe cause i thought if you want to get cert from nottingham, you can do them in Malaysia hehe but if you want to get cert from birmingham, you have to come to UK and study. hehe that makes my decision!
felixwhoals
post Apr 14 2006, 07:52 AM

Casual
455 posts

Well I have a few friends studying in Uni of Nottingham. They told me they had a great experience there. The buildings are structure are similar to UK uni buildings.
felixwhoals
post Apr 24 2006, 06:41 PM

Casual
455 posts

Do not rely on ratings because those ratings are calculated based on research done in their university. New universities would have no research, therefore, their rating is definitely low!! But I think in Malaysia, it doesn't matter where you get ur degree, as long as it's a recognized UK degree.
Nottingham ranks quite high in the UK - Top 10
But I'm not sure for Computer Science - I think they rank the same as University of Birmingham. For engineering wise, I guess both Birmingham and Nottingham are ok. HAHA I'm just comparing Nottingham n birmingham because most Malaysians would go to these uni for twinning. Besides that, many malaysians would go to Leeds and Sheffield as well.
High rankings uni which are malaysian students would usually choose: Nottingham, birmingham, leeds, sheffield (high ranking)
felixwhoals
post Apr 29 2006, 06:07 AM

Casual
455 posts

Master of IT is kinda new in Uni of Nottingham Malaysia campus. Well, the new campus has just been established. I'm sure there are some courses which are not LAN accredited yet. Well, last time my friend got 7As in SPM and she manage to get 25% waiver from her tuition fees.
felixwhoals
post Apr 30 2006, 03:44 AM

Casual
455 posts

kimmie, agree with you. that's why i dun want to go to nottingham.

felixwhoals
post May 2 2006, 05:29 PM

Casual
455 posts

I am sure the facilities are getting better now in Nottingham Malaysian Campus. Sooner or later it will beome one of the best private Uni in Malaysia.
felixwhoals
post Jun 5 2006, 06:00 PM

Casual
455 posts

The 2+1 is for you to experience UK life!!
Eventhough you're studying in Nottingham Malaysia, you might want to go to Nottingham UK for a year to experience their culture, lifestyle, meeting different people. Eventhough you pay the same amount if you go nottingham UK for a year, you gotta pay for your own living expenses. Some people thought this is expensive, that's why they decided to stay in Malaysia.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:01 PM