Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SMM Malaysia DotA Championship 2013, 19-20 Oct SMM Malaysia DotA Grand Finals (Competition)

SMMGaming
post Mar 2 2013, 10:27 AM

Group: New Member

The SMM Malaysia DotA Grand Finals 2013 arrives on the 19th-20th of October at the Orange Esports Stadium!

user posted image

The Gates of the Ancients has erupted from the Elvish woodwork – propelling the newly acclaimed introduction of the SMM National DotA Championship 2013 as it seeks to crown the next Malaysian DotA Champion!

user posted image

CONTENT:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

user posted image

EVENT: SMM National DotA Championship 2013: State Qualifiers
GAME: WarCraft III: Defense of the Ancients (DotA)
DATE: April 2013

VENUE & SCHEDULE:

REGISTER ONLINE NOW AT: CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION FEES: RM 50 per team
(*Payment to be made on the tournament day at event venue)

user posted image

Participating teams will be entitled to 5 (Five) FREE specially designed DotA T-Shirts from SMM! DotA T-Shirts will be handed out to the first 20 teams that have successfully registered online on a first-come first-serve basis. *While stocks last.

CASH PRIZES:
Champion – RM 1, 200.00 + Gold Medal + Qualification to the SMM Malaysia DotA Grand Finals 2013
1st Runners-Up - RM 800.00 + Silver Medal + Qualification to the SMM Malaysia DotA Grand Finals 2013
2nd Runners-Up - RM 500.00 + Bronze Medal + Qualification to the SMM Malaysia DotA Grand Finals 2013

LUCKY-DRAWS:
Be a Spectator & Stand a Chance to WIN a FREE specially designed DotA T-shirt at the Event Venue!

REQUIREMENTS:

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

DotA RULES & REGULATIONS: CLICK HERE.

TOURNAMENT HIGHLIGHTS:

user posted image
Mix and match in a fantastic DotA community filled with passion.

user posted image
Play in front of a massive audience and crowd, analyzing your very move with much precise accuracy.

user posted image
Watch your fan base and viewer counts grow to exponential proportions as you become a DotA celebrity overnight!

user posted image
Battle it out on centre stage and be in the limelight to showcase your multitude of skills and talent to the euphoric crowd!

user posted image
Rise atop the summit to clinch the ultimate prize that will turn your fortunes into gold, only at SMM!

user posted image
Stand tall amongst fellow compatriots to seize the cherished moments and let your ultimate passion for DotA unite us all!

Good Luck & Good Game! We'll See You There! For more information on the event, hop on to our Official Website at www.smm.net.my

This post has been edited by SMMGaming: Oct 4 2013, 12:34 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kEazYc
post Mar 2 2013, 11:46 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Sad company is sad, forced to use DotA 1.
+Quote Post
kEazYc
post Mar 3 2013, 02:51 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(sniperz @ Mar 2 2013, 07:15 PM)
This time it seems there's only one place to register or something. Hopefully can divert to Dota 2 instead...

There won't be many pro teams as well, I hope that helps. Do understand the standards and play in this won't help much.
They are SMM man, official-or-not Blizzard distributor for Malaysia, don't think its possible for them to use DotA 2 unless they sub a company out from it and make DotA 2 tourney.
+Quote Post
SMMGaming
post Mar 4 2013, 03:29 PM

QUOTE(sniperz @ Mar 2 2013, 07:15 PM)
This time it seems there's only one place to register or something. Hopefully can divert to Dota 2 instead...

There won't be many pro teams as well, I hope that helps. Do understand the standards and play in this won't help much.
Hi Sniperz,

The dates and venue will be announced very shortly, and will include the whole of Malaysia, including Kuching, Sarawak! smile.gif Do stay tune! Thanks for the support!

+Quote Post
SMMGaming
post Mar 5 2013, 09:59 AM

QUOTE(sniperz @ Mar 5 2013, 07:30 AM)
Sounds like a wrong timing of transition after 3 years that East Malaysia hasn't got it but fine to all really. And even if there is, do consider Dota 2 as your future endeavors.

We focus more on Dota 2 as well for your information as you can see one cyber team going once in a while to Malaysia areas to proof their stand.

The Warcraft DotA itself is old but if that's the case, the pros have to force themselves back to the first version and put aside Dota 2. I'm afraid that would also indirectly lower down our Malaysia's manpower in Dota 2. So if that's the case, the time and setting is very important in this.

I see the entire Malaysia as a whole, please consider the scale of DotA 1 as well. Of course it'll be good to be organized but the point is there is no real powerhouses anymore and we see new faces being eliminated by other country's doesn't seem good as well.

Because our strengths is all mushed into Dota 2 as I can see and feel.

Ok. Good luck though maybe I'll be forming or sponsoring a team to SMM Qualifiers if that's the case...
In addition, I do hope you could setup Starcraft 2 : Heart of The Swarm qualifiers in the East Malaysia place and of course the West. Thank you so much.
Hi Sniperz,

Thank you for your input and feedback. SMM heartily appreciates it and will most certainly note and convey it to the management at hand. We look forward to have you join our qualifiers!

+Quote Post
SMMGaming
post Mar 6 2013, 05:31 PM

QUOTE(sniperz @ Mar 5 2013, 03:05 PM)
I am sure the management would be pleased. I have a lot of ideas that I would want to share with SMM committee too.

Let's raise Malaysia E-Sports level with creative strategies.

thumbup.gif
Hi Sniperz,
Sure, we would be love to hear more of your feedback and projection for Malaysian eSports as a whole! Perhaps you can drop by during our qualifiers to meet our ground event team as well! Cheers!
+Quote Post
clementhui
post Mar 20 2013, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

why no dota2
+Quote Post
jovixtee
post Mar 24 2013, 09:23 PM

SMM, I had sent my team information last Friday (22/3), whats your working date? Did you received my registration? I havent received email from SMM yet. Through, may i know whats the estimate time for next round competition after side qualifiers finished?
+Quote Post
SMMGaming
post Apr 12 2013, 03:08 PM

QUOTE(sniperz @ Mar 20 2013, 07:42 PM)
If there's 6 players in this DotA 1 competition, will there be 6 shirts then?  smile.gif
Hi Sniperz,

No harm to ask the marshals there if you can have an extra wink.gif

QUOTE(jovixtee @ Mar 24 2013, 09:23 PM)
SMM, I had sent my team information last Friday (22/3), whats your working date? Did you received my registration? I havent received email from SMM yet. Through, may i know whats the estimate time for next round competition after side qualifiers finished?
Hi Jovixtee,

We usually send a confirmation email within 3 working days to all 5 email listed in the registration! The next round will be towards the end of the year. Do stay tune! smile.gif

This post has been edited by SMMGaming: Apr 12 2013, 03:09 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0565sec    2.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 01:44 PM