post Apr 3 2013, 10:11 AM

Group: New Member

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7]
QUOTE(kalvinwee @ Mar 8 2013, 08:33 PM)
my alza average for city is 12.5KM/L..
[COLOR=blue]

Hello all,

Here has sharing for Exora CPS 1.6 FC.

Average full city driving is about 9.4L/100km at start stop due to traffic jam in town/city.
Full high way normally from Kedah to KL (2pax) is about 8.4L/100km at contanstly speed 110-120km/h due to AES ma
Full high way normally from Kedah to KL (7pax + luggages & bags ~1,950kg overall weight) is 8.8L/100km at contanstly speed 110-120km/h due to AES ma.

Some mod for my car as stated below:
- Change K&N drop-in filter
- Increase spark plug gap from normal 1.1mm to 1.25mm
- Put in Ceramic Nano-coating for friction-free in engine combustion

Service oil type:
- Normal semi-sythentic 10w-40

Petrol oil using:
- BHP (Last time was using Esso, but due to some reasons after this bought by somebody son, then refused to support then!)

From Proton Exora Catalogue, you may see CFE is higher FC than CPS model as stated.
>Though equipped with CVT gearbox which suppose to lower the FC,
<but with Turbo, this will increase back the FC. And if you check the kerb-weight comparing CPS and CFE, CFE is lighter due to its CVT gearbox.

Notes: Must remember, with Turbo the engine definetely is hotter than CPS. My CPS temperature even at very hot weather, it is still below half bar. CFE owner, please check.
And you may see even after you turn-off your engine, you may listen to the fan still running to cool down the engine.
Come back to fundamental of Turbo engine work operation. Turbo normally using exhausted air (which is very high temperature) to spin the turbine in order to compressed your air in such a very high pressure, and then mix with petrol gas for higher combustion power generated. Hence, this can tell the Turbo engine temperature is higher than normal NA engine.
I dont know how this CFE engine can last long, but let's wait for the feedback from owner.

Hope to exchange more knowledge and information at here.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

5 Pages « < 3 4 5
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0508sec    1.91    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:58 PM