Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PlayStation Vita Community Thread | V9, Latest: Firmware 2.60 out NOW

views

D.Sync
post Apr 7 2013, 10:34 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Taiwan is currently selling PSV Wifi+3G model for NTD8480 (~RM865) with 32GB memory card (promotion event until May). So the actual price for the console is roughy RM865-RM250 = RM615. I'm tempted to buy now, but on the other hand also thinking of upgrading my 3DS to 3DS XL Pikachu. Decision, decision...
D.Sync
post Apr 8 2013, 12:32 AM

Enthusiast
777 posts

QUOTE(harimackenzie @ Apr 7 2013, 11:54 PM)
if you're collectors item maniac,better go for those limited edition thing,as when the time over,those item will become rare,to buy a rare item is really costly.vita will always be there,and i thought the 3g/wifi price cut and 32GB pack is japan only.are you sure it's legit?
The promotion is only for the memory card and announced by Sony Taiwan. So you get a free 16GB memory card if you purchase a Wifi model and 32GB if you purchase a 3G+Wifi model. It is far more worth to purchase the 3G version just for the 32GB memory card. And it would appear that Sony would like to clear out the 3G stock as fast as they could. Even though Taiwan doesn't have any news for the price slash as Japan, but I suppose you could treat the free memory event as the same.

This post has been edited by D.Sync: Apr 8 2013, 12:32 AM
D.Sync
post Apr 10 2013, 08:22 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Hey guys, just wondering whether the Uncharted and Gravity Rush is still available in April Instant Games Collection for PS Plus (US PSN Store)? I'm going to purchase the membership subscription within these few days if they are still there. I know that Sony will refresh the list every month and those games are already there since December 2012 I think.
D.Sync
post Apr 14 2013, 10:29 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Hey guys, I recently purchased Persona Golden (JP) and I'm wondering whether I can download any DLC (should there be any in the future) using US PSN account?
D.Sync
post Apr 15 2013, 10:51 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Got my PS Vita today and I am a happy man now.

All in the Box
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

All in the Box + Games
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Overall it cost me NTD 9410 (~RM 956) for all the items in the box and NTD 980 (~RM99) for Metal Gear Solid (US) and NTD 145 (~RM147)for Persona The Golden (JP).

The price for the console is actually NTD 9410 - NTD 2750 (the actual price for 32GB memory card (free due to promotion event by SEN in Taiwan) - NTD 580 for the 365 PSN Card (free) - NTD 190 for the AR Card) (free) = NTD 5890 (~RM598).

Spending so much time taking those photos and haven't really play with my Vita yet. Now is still charging icon_rolleyes.gif

More pictures in the slide show link below:
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/DeoxySync...Vita%20Unboxing

D.Sync
post Apr 15 2013, 11:17 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Thanks. Couldn't wait to start up my PS Vita. It is still charging, keeping finger crossed for the LED to turn off. ... sad.gif
D.Sync
post Apr 15 2013, 11:24 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Haven't even unwrap the plastic sheet yet and start my Vita. Will try it after the charging is complete.

One noticable thing I realized about PSV is how small the buttons and analog stick has become. It's even smaller than the 3DS and much more smaller than the regular PSP.
D.Sync
post Apr 15 2013, 11:34 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Finally finished charging and unwrapping the Metal Gear Solid game now. I'm surprised to see that there is NO manual in the box except the game card. This is definitely the first time that I buy an original game without a manual.

EDIT: Hmm it turned out that my PSV is only on firmware 1.5. Updating software now.

This post has been edited by D.Sync: Apr 15 2013, 11:36 PM
D.Sync
post Apr 16 2013, 01:58 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Hey guys, any idea where can I purchase the PS Plus for MY PSN?
D.Sync
post Apr 16 2013, 02:42 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Apr 16 2013, 02:21 PM)
Why not get a US or EU PSN where you could get a lot of free games rather than Asian one which has less of everything with less value.
I do think of that initially. But since my main PSN account is a MY account (LV8), I intend to continue my trophy hunting there. But seeing how feeble amount the games are on the Asian PSN, I guess I would have to use a US account and start the trophy there for the Vita.
D.Sync
post Apr 19 2013, 10:25 AM

Enthusiast
777 posts

Tried out Soul Sacrifice but it's just not my cup of tea. You will like it if you like games like Devil May Cry, but instead of using a weapon you conjure spells from items.

Here are some of my initial thoughts.
- Superb graphics on a handheld system.
- A speaking book! The English voice seemed kinda, friendly though instead of devilish.
- You get to know the live of a sorcerer through a book from going from 'good' to 'what he had become of now'.
- The battle system is kind of repetitive (perhaps it's just the beginning of the game). Choose a chapter, vanquish a certain number of monster, end quest.

P/S: Please take my review as a grain of salt. Perhaps I'm just a JRPG guy who likes Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier Totori, kind of game.
D.Sync
post Apr 19 2013, 08:37 PM

Enthusiast
777 posts

QUOTE(shikimori @ Apr 19 2013, 03:21 PM)
dude that's exactly what I thought after playing SS demo . It's just not my cup of tea. I would prefer at least something like tales game or FF series .
Guess we are both JRPG fans rclxms.gif FFX is the next on my buying list smile.gif

Currently playing Persona Golden (JP) and spending so much time to play it not because of the gameplay, but rather at the script itself sweat.gif The transition is somehow 'moderately' easy since I can still recall some of the scene from the PS2 version (even though it was already few years back). I would opt for the English version if they somehow allow us to switch to JP voice. Then again we have Chinese/Korean version but I'm not going to learn something new there. So.. Japanese!

One thing though, Learning Japanese while playing the game = priceless.
D.Sync
post May 4 2013, 12:22 AM

Enthusiast
777 posts

QUOTE(ashwin988 @ May 3 2013, 09:07 AM)
Seriously i made a mistake choosing the Asian store... really a very big mistake la.. now i hear Sly cooper is on Sale.. wtf la.. i was planning on getting that game.. and now i am just bloody irritated.. I don't want to change to the us store cause I have :

1)ps plus asian
2)my trophies
I'm okay to ditch my Lv8 Asia PSN account for the Instant Plus games and other game sales on US PSN. Currently working my way to earn more trophies (while enjoying the game at the same time of course).

Any Disgaea fans here btw? I've been playing Disgaea 3 for Vita for almost a week now and I must say that the game mechanics is hugely improved than the previous iteration. Using Mana to upgrade skill levels really saves up a lot of grinding time. Some say that we'll need over 60 hours to get a platinum trophy for this game, I wonder does any of you manage to get that under this suggested time?

This post has been edited by D.Sync: May 4 2013, 12:24 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0427sec    0.23    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:33 PM