Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PlayStation Vita Community Thread | V9, Latest: Firmware 2.60 out NOW

views

terryfu
post Aug 20 2013, 10:27 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(lordofvirtue @ Aug 20 2013, 10:23 PM)
I'm planning to mostly rely on digital downloads via PS+. Hmm better get 16GB onwards eh. Basically any Vita (US/UK/SG etc etc) can play any games regardless of whether it's R1 R2 or R3 right? Can I have both EU & US accounts free games from PS+ Instant Game Collection on each account available at once?
Suggest you get 32 GB then. Might as well go all the way. I'm using one and its full of PS+ games already.

Technically you can play any games that you bought physically (on the gamecard) irrespective of region.

However for downloads you will need to create and stick to 1 account (US, EU or MY, etc) and all your purchases are restricted to that region. You can always reset (see first posts or the technical section for details) which can be troublesome as you will need to redownload everything again. Some buy 2 memory cards separately so all they need is reset the vita and plug in different game card.

If your next question is gonna be about the best region to stick to, then read the few posts prior to this as this topic crops up all the time.
lordofvirtue
post Aug 20 2013, 11:44 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(david888 @ Aug 20 2013, 10:24 PM)
4GB is still ok if you are the type of gamers who play games one by one. you can copy some games in your pc first, after finish one or two games, backup & delete from vita, then copy another one or two games again from pc.  smile.gif i did this with my another set of psv with just 4GB, the other set is 32GB for different account.
Yeah I'm that kind of person, except that I do want to keep some fighting games handy in between those games. Might consider doing the 2 mem cards solution should the need arises. Can we buy and download the games on PC first without having a Vita? I'm too tempted by the US PS+ sales for this week lol!

QUOTE(terryfu @ Aug 20 2013, 10:27 PM)
Suggest you get 32 GB then. Might as well go all the way. I'm using one and its full of PS+ games already.

Technically you can play any games that you bought physically (on the gamecard) irrespective of region.

However for downloads you will need to create and stick to 1 account (US, EU or MY, etc) and all your purchases are restricted to that region. You can always reset (see first posts or the technical section for details) which can be troublesome as you will need to redownload everything again. Some buy 2 memory cards separately so all they need is reset the vita and plug in different game card.

If your next question is gonna be about the best region to stick to, then read the few posts prior to this as this topic crops up all the time.
Thanks alot. Bingo that's my next question. Currently I'm more leaned towards the US PS+, after readings the previous pages. I wonder this: Can I buy and download the games on PC first without having a Vita? Eyeing on the UMvC3 and DOA5+ which is coming out this week on US PSN. drool.gif
terryfu
post Aug 20 2013, 11:46 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(lordofvirtue @ Aug 20 2013, 11:44 PM)
Yeah I'm that kind of person, except that I do want to keep some fighting games handy in between those games. Might consider doing the 2 mem cards solution should the need arises. Can we buy and download the games on PC first without having a Vita? I'm too tempted by the US PS+ sales for this week lol!
Thanks alot. Bingo that's my next question. Currently I'm more leaned towards the US PS+, after readings the previous pages. I wonder this: Can I buy and download the games on PC first without having a Vita? Eyeing on the UMvC3 and DOA5+ which is coming out this week on US PSN.  drool.gif
Yes you can but you still need to create a PSN account first which I think it can be done via PC. I think the technical section has a FAQ on this but you can always google download vita games via PC for step by step instructions.

I bought games from the web before and have it transferred to my Vita later (of course must be same account).
lordofvirtue
post Aug 21 2013, 12:00 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Aug 20 2013, 11:46 PM)
Yes you can but you still need to create a PSN account first which I think it can be done via PC. I think the technical section has a FAQ on this but you can always google download vita games via PC for step by step instructions.

I bought games from the web before and have it transferred to my Vita later (of course must be same account).
Ok got it. Thanks alot bro. You've been a great help. Pretty much answers most of my doubts regarding the system. Now I'll just have to wait for Gamescom announcements. rclxms.gif
Acher13
post Aug 21 2013, 01:37 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Aug 20 2013, 10:06 PM)
Go to PS Store and click on the bottom right icon with 3 dots (...). Select Services List and search for playstation Plus. It'll tell you when expiring.
thanks biggrin.gif
btw anyone play atelier totori for vita? just wanna make sure if there a physical copy for english version r3.
still considering whether to get the digital copy from psn since it says comes with dlc. unsure.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:09 AM