Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

EPF DIVIDEND, EPF

views

nexona88
post Oct 8 2015, 01:49 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Oct 8 2015, 01:18 PM)
Just go buy the edge newspaper and flip at the back...

They list down all available unit trust and rated by lipper...

Pick the ones with the best return past 5-10 years and consistent return...

Invest with ur epf money excess every 3 month consistently for the next 25 years....

Ur gonna be suprise once retire ur epf savings gonna triple to quadruple compared to ur peers...

In this day of information age those that retired a poor men is really no ones fault but themselves....
agreed icon_rolleyes.gif nowadays all info is in fingertip only sweat.gif
familyfirst
post Oct 8 2015, 01:53 PM

Regular
1,311 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Oct 8 2015, 01:18 PM)
Just go buy the edge newspaper and flip at the back...

They list down all available unit trust and rated by lipper...

Pick the ones with the best return past 5-10 years and consistent return...

Invest with ur epf money excess every 3 month consistently for the next 25 years....

Ur gonna be suprise once retire ur epf savings gonna triple to quadruple compared to ur peers...

In this day of information age those that retired a poor men is really no ones fault but themselves....
Ok will take a look. Manyak kam sia.
nexona88
post Oct 11 2015, 01:48 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

Malaysia will use its state funds to put a floor under the country's battered stock market, though currency intervention and interest rate hikes are ruled out as tools to keep sharp falls in the ringgit in check, says Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani.

"Yes, our state fund is quite big right now, in the sense we always have ample space" to absorb any sell-off by foreign investors.

"Every year these (domestic) pension funds are getting new funds almost close to RM40 to 50 billion (US$9.7 to 12 billion), so I think there is enough for them to continue buying while waiting for external factors to improve,"

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysi...h.1d0asByo.dpuf
tkwfriend
post Oct 12 2015, 06:56 PM

I always doubt and always something goes wrong
1,828 posts

What I see epf already mention in march before. Will not able to sustain at 6 % for 2015. Unless goverment want to give fake figure
Hansel
post Oct 19 2015, 01:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

If many people started withdrawing from EPF, it will affect the dividend payout too !
SUSsupersound
post Oct 19 2015, 08:35 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Oct 4 2015, 05:16 PM)
Saw the EPF retirement article in The Star. That prompted me to do some analysis as one thing bothers me.

They stated the required amounts at different ages to achieve 197k at age 55. I did some back-calculations to find out what were the dividend rates they used to achieve the 197k. See picture below.

[attachmentid=5058910]

AA
Surprised that they used different rates for different ages. Requires a return of

* 8.25% pa with 27k at age 30,
* 6.6% pa with 143k at age 50

to achieve 197k at age 55.

If they used 6.6% for the age 30 case, then the amount will be larger than 27k to get 197K at age 55. Wonder why did they use a larger %.

BB
Monthly expenses at RM820?
* not realistic to me. Should be at least RM2000 for the average Msian.
* the RM820 is not inflation adjusted. Even at 3% pa inflation (as reported by our nice govt), the RM820 will be RM1480 20 years later.

CC
The table is also misleading. For those in their teens, good news! All they need to do now is to put RM1000, 2000, 4000 for ages 18, 19 & 20 in their EPF and by the time they are 55, they will have 197k in there. Their retirement funds are now taken care of! Ha. For the age 18 case, the required return is 15.4% pa to get 197K by age 55. Realistic? Yes, the power of compound interest but this is twisting it too far.

DD
They used 6 - 15% pa in their studies. Wah! Maybe I should expect a higher % from EPF now. They know EPF better than most of us.

Cheerio.
AA
That table only right if your income are very low or you don't put a single cent to it.
As long as you are working and putting minimum 11%+13% every month, this table are no longer applicable.

BB
Monthly expenses at rm820 for a single person are not impossible but just that majority of the people prefer to have 90-110% of their pay to handed to others.
For a zero loan person like me, my individual spending are about rm750, rm70 cheaper than what they said.

CC
As mentioned in AA.

This type of table were being used 10 years ago by insurance and trust funds agents to cheat and mislead people that are poor on calculations. As a victim on this, by back calculating it, my lost for 8 years was about 7-8% a year by just taking out rm12000 from EPF account.
SUSsupersound
post Oct 19 2015, 08:40 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Oct 19 2015, 01:40 AM)
If many people started withdrawing from EPF, it will affect the dividend payout too !
Yes, please ensure more people to take the money out, be it withdraw it for housing or others legal ways thumbup.gif
Hansel
post Oct 19 2015, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Oct 19 2015, 08:40 AM)
Yes, please ensure more people to take the money out, be it withdraw it for housing or others legal ways thumbup.gif
I don't get it,... like I said, if more people withdraw out upon retirement age, then we, the contributors will get less dividend. So, why encourage more people to withdraw ?
netcrawler
post Oct 19 2015, 10:33 AM

Regular
1,514 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Oct 19 2015, 10:28 AM)
I don't get it,... like I said, if more people withdraw out upon retirement age, then we, the contributors will get less dividend. So, why encourage more people to withdraw ?
I guess the other way round. If more people withdraw the money, those interest for earlier withdrawal will
be passed/enjoy by those keep the money till dividend declaration date.
Ramjade
post Oct 19 2015, 10:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Oct 19 2015, 10:28 AM)
Don't listen to him. He's like unker xxx who is anti-goverment. His goal is withdraw epf, so that you don't give the goverment money.
Drian
post Oct 19 2015, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

I benchmarked my UT investment (EPF ) for the past 3 years against the EPF. The UT actually lost.

SUSsupersound
post Oct 19 2015, 12:31 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(netcrawler @ Oct 19 2015, 10:33 AM)
I guess the other way round. If more people withdraw the money, those interest for earlier withdrawal will
be passed/enjoy by those keep the money till dividend declaration date.
Yes, you are right, in order government to continue use money, they will ensure the dividend payout are nice. Only those that have direct interest like insurance, trust fund agents and financial planners that hired by UT, insurance companies will try their best to cheat or mislead people to take money out so that they can make money rather than people make money.
More money will actually dilute the dividend. I operate coop before so I know the account behind, we need to make more profit to give the same dividend payout as member's savings are increasing over the years.
Also, do ask SIngapore government to take out the cash for the account they have, I'm very sure they can't even show 30% of cash from the account.

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Oct 19 2015, 10:39 AM)
Don't listen to him. He's like unker xxx who is anti-goverment. His goal is withdraw epf, so that you don't give the goverment money.
Sorry, when the budget approved for 9% contribution, I'll make sure my contribution will be 9%+9% from current 16%. But to make sure I can still enjoy > 6%, I have no choice but to follow those trust fund and insurance agents to cheat and mislead that EPF are going to fall whistling.gif

QUOTE(Drian @ Oct 19 2015, 10:47 AM)
I benchmarked my UT investment (EPF ) for the past 3 years against the EPF. The UT actually lost.
UT never been lost from the day they introduce to the market, even the agents never cheat you that UT never make money, they only forgot to tell you is they will make money from you, not you make money from UT. So technically, they are not wrong.
Ramjade
post Oct 19 2015, 12:51 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

supersound you tell me you rather give money to insurance company or put inside epf (to claim income tax)?
SUSsupersound
post Oct 19 2015, 12:58 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Oct 19 2015, 12:51 PM)
supersound you tell me you rather give money to insurance company or put inside epf (to claim income tax)?
Correction, is either throw money to insurance and trust fund companies or keep money in EPF. Money will be wasted as reported by some but rm10 will still be rm10 and with dividend, it will be rm100-200 after 10 years.
EPF money will be used to run crony's companies while money dump in to insurance is directly goes in to crony's pocket. rm10 dump in may become rm5-8.
So, you do the maths.
nexona88
post Oct 19 2015, 05:47 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

The Employees Provident Fund (Amendment) Bill 2015 has affirmed that the age for withdrawal by members of the Employees Provident Fund stays at 55 years, while new contributions made after 55 years old can only be withdrawn when the member attains the age of 60.

Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani tabled the EPF (Amendment) bill for first reading in Parliament today.

Further, the bill also amends Section 26 of the EPF Act, to expand the scope of investment of the fund, which enables the board to invest moneys belonging to the Fund by depositing the moneys in a bank or an investment bank or Islamic Bank, or a development financial institution.

It also enables the board to invest moneys belonging to the Fund in shares offered pursuant to an initial public offering (IPO) or shared listed on a stock exchange.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/e...?type=Corporate

This post has been edited by nexona88: Oct 19 2015, 05:47 PM
plumberly
post Oct 19 2015, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,610 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 19 2015, 05:47 PM)
AA
Further, the bill also amends Section 26 of the EPF Act, to expand the scope of investment of the fund, which enables the board to invest moneys belonging to the Fund by depositing the moneys in a bank or an investment bank or Islamic Bank, or a development financial institution.

BB
It also enables the board to invest moneys belonging to the Fund in shares offered pursuant to an initial public offering (IPO) or shared listed on a stock exchange.

AA spells BIG trouble ahead. So EPF money will find its way to banks and banks to Ah Jib.

I thought BB is what they have been doing. No?

AVFAN
post Oct 19 2015, 06:49 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 19 2015, 05:47 PM)
The Employees Provident Fund (Amendment) Bill 2015 has affirmed that the age for withdrawal by members of the Employees Provident Fund stays at 55 years, while new contributions made after 55 years old can only be withdrawn when the member attains the age of 60.

Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani tabled the EPF (Amendment) bill for first reading in Parliament today.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/e...?type=Corporate
very simple...

if all is good, no need to amend this, amend that.

everyone is eyeing epf money.

be worried.... sweat.gif
Hansel
post Oct 19 2015, 06:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

EPF funds are also in danger ?

Then ASX funds have no secure place anymore....
SUSPink Spider
post Oct 19 2015, 09:14 PM

Formerly known as Prince_Hamsap
16,872 posts

Again...poisoning people's mind, preventing people from rational reasoning yawn.gif

Community service time again...NEVER LISTEN TO...xxxxxsound when it comes to investment products and insurances and...common sense issues.

This post has been edited by Pink Spider: Oct 19 2015, 09:15 PM
nexona88
post Oct 19 2015, 10:12 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Oct 19 2015, 06:25 PM)
AA spells BIG trouble ahead. So EPF money will find its way to banks and banks to Ah Jib.

I thought BB is what they have been doing. No?
AA - I guess so sad.gif

BB - I think what the statement mean, EPF can invest in a company before they go into IPO at later stage hmm.gif

943 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:13 PM