Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Acer Aspire S7, How to expand battery life?

views

TSUltraman_Dyna
post Feb 17 2013, 01:44 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
103 posts

I m now using Acer S7. After using it for a few days suddenly come out with such a questions below:

1. Can i just plug the powercode and leave it on after i had finish charging since everytime i unplug it the acer management will automatically reduce laptop's brightness.

2. Does my action above will damage the battery since the battery is built in and hard to replace it.

3. Does this kind of battery also same with other type of laptop which its battery life cycle only 500++?

4. What is the correct method of charge and diischarge it (how to use battery in right way?)

Can someone share their experience with me?
FhmiIsml
post May 28 2015, 05:56 PM

20 posts

Same. Would like to know as well since I own an Aspire S7 too
AthrunIJ
post May 28 2015, 06:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,924 posts

Well, Lithium Ion battery prefers to be charged as soon as possible.
So in essence it doesn't spoil the battery by having it constantly plugging in.
That said the only way to have longer battery life is to keep away the heat from the battery and also to reduce the charge/discharge cycle (meaning charged it as soon you can don't wait till the battery drops to 10 percent then only charged it as to reduce the cycle).
Don't worry as all Lithium Ion battery is fitted with a circuit to make sure it is within operating limits.

As for laptop brightness, you can change it by clicking on the battery icon then choose the power plan and on battery mode put the brightness setting the same as when plug in mode.

This post has been edited by AthrunIJ: May 28 2015, 06:19 PM
Kaka23
post May 29 2015, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,251 posts

QUOTE(AthrunIJ @ May 28 2015, 07:17 PM)
Well, Lithium Ion battery prefers to be charged as soon as possible.
So in essence it doesn't spoil the battery by having it constantly plugging in.
That said the only way to have longer battery life is to keep away the heat from the battery and also to reduce the charge/discharge cycle (meaning charged it as soon you can don't wait till the battery drops to 10 percent then only charged it as to reduce the cycle).
Don't worry as all Lithium Ion battery is fitted with a circuit to make sure it is within operating limits.

As for laptop brightness, you can change it by clicking on the battery icon then choose the power plan and on battery mode put the brightness setting the same as when plug in mode.
nice info... thumbup.gif
AthrunIJ
post May 29 2015, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,924 posts

QUOTE(Kaka23 @ May 29 2015, 11:11 PM)
nice info...  thumbup.gif
Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:40 PM