Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Stomach problem, gastritis

views

TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 01:58 AM, updated 12y ago

34 posts

Hey guys, first of all, I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong place, just that I can't find the right person to talk to and I hope you guys might enlighten me on this matter. I was recently diagnosed with gastritis and currently on my 3rd week of medication. The doctor prescribed Ganaton and Pariet for me and I must say it did get better for a while but not completely. I still have this tight and full feeling around my lower abdomen all the time. So guys or anyone having the same experience, is there any other medication that I can take to improve my situation? I'm only taking Pariet now as I had finished the prescription for Ganaton.

P/S: I got tested for H.pylori bacteria and it came back negative. Mine is something called chronic gastritis. Many thanks in advance! smile.gif

This post has been edited by FaNzTeh: Feb 17 2013, 01:58 AM
danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 09:23 AM

==============
3,045 posts

if H. Pylori is negative, that's a good news.

my advice to reduce symptoms:
-eat more frequently, in smaller portions. dont let ur tummy go empty.
-avoid spicy or acidic foods

ganaton is not a prescription drug, u can get it in pharmacy if u run out.
TinyPumpkin
post Feb 17 2013, 11:38 AM

Regular
1,233 posts

Try kefir. Check out my thread and source it online. No need to buy from me or people may think I'm trying to promote my product.
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 02:16 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Feb 17 2013, 09:23 AM)
if H. Pylori is negative, that's a good news.

my advice to reduce symptoms:
-eat more frequently, in smaller portions. dont let ur tummy go empty.
-avoid spicy or acidic foods

ganaton is not a prescription drug, u can get it in pharmacy if u run out.
Okay, thanks for the advises. My doctor said maybe it has something to do with my lifestyle - stress, not eating regularly. I guess I have a taste of my own medicine now. But then does Ganaton have any side effects? I'm already feeling a bit off now for not taking it since the day before. sad.gif
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 02:18 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(TinyPumpkin @ Feb 17 2013, 11:38 AM)
Try kefir. Check out my thread and source it online.  No need to buy from me or people may think I'm trying to promote my product.
Okay, I will read up about it. Thanks for your input. smile.gif
But I'm currently taking Gainbac probiotic now. I'll give it some time to see how it goes first.

danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 02:18 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 02:16 PM)
Okay, thanks for the advises. My doctor said maybe it has something to do with my lifestyle - stress, not eating regularly. I guess I have a taste of my own medicine now. But then does Ganaton have any side effects? I'm already feeling a bit off now for not taking it since the day before.  sad.gif
Ganaton is relatively safe. dont worry about it. smile.gif

stress is a common cause for gastric ulcer, but it's not like u can do anything about it. sweat.gif

oh, and smoking too. if u smoke, please stop, cos it causes gastric ulcers too, and tons of other problems.
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 02:32 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Feb 17 2013, 02:18 PM)
Ganaton is relatively safe. dont worry about it. smile.gif

stress is a common cause for gastric ulcer, but it's not like u can do anything about it. sweat.gif

oh, and smoking too. if u smoke, please stop, cos it causes gastric ulcers too, and tons of other problems.
Alright, then I shall visit the pharmacy later.
Nope, I'm not on any alcoholic drinks and cigarette. But I love caffeine.
What's adding to the stress is that I'm going to start working soon and I'm still having this problem.

danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 02:35 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 02:32 PM)
What's adding to the stress is that I'm going to start working soon and I'm still having this problem.
oh, caffeine causes gastric ulcer too. sorry had to add to the list one by one, forgot the whole thing already.. sweat.gif

but just a cup or two of coffee per day should be fine, if it's accompanied by food.
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 02:40 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Feb 17 2013, 02:35 PM)
oh, caffeine causes gastric ulcer too. sorry had to add to the list one by one, forgot the whole thing already.. sweat.gif

but just a cup or two of coffee per day should be fine, if it's accompanied by food.
Nah, it's okay. Thanks for taking your time to reply here.
Guess I'll just have to monitor my eating habits.
You have this problem before or?
danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 02:41 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 02:40 PM)
Nah, it's okay. Thanks for taking your time to reply here.
Guess I'll just have to monitor my eating habits.
You have this problem before or?
i have some mild dyspepsia now and then.. but nothing serious.. sweat.gif
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 02:50 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Feb 17 2013, 02:41 PM)
i have some mild dyspepsia now and then.. but nothing serious.. sweat.gif
Oh I see. So are you still taking any medicines?
My doctor told me some people might have this forever.
So they still need to take medicines on and off. sad.gif
danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 05:09 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 02:50 PM)
Oh I see. So are you still taking any medicines?
My doctor told me some people might have this forever.
So they still need to take medicines on and off.  sad.gif
it's not forever, but once u have it, it will bound to occur every now and then in your life..

i never took the medicines the docs gave me, cos it's really mild.. i just go to clinic for MC. sweat.gif
XProfessorX
post Feb 17 2013, 05:35 PM

17 posts

Try to avoid the medication as much as possible.

Last time My mom was diagnosed with gastritis and prescribed her meds to curb the acidic juices, this led to indigestion due to lack of acid to breakdown food..

In a nutshell, I told her to stop the meds and concentrate to eat a more consistent diet. Plus a less acidic one. I told her to keep some alkaline vegs around just in case she can juice it to reduce the acid content of the stomach before the next meal.

She also purchased an alkaline ionizer that helps relieve the conditions. Apparently its used as a natural treatment in Japan n Korea for gastrointestinal issues.

All this happened like 10 over years ago.. Her condition impreoved within a year or 2. Right now she does not have any gastric or indigestion issues already..

Hope it helps
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 06:37 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Feb 17 2013, 05:09 PM)
it's not forever, but once u have it, it will bound to occur every now and then in your life..

i never took the medicines the docs gave me, cos it's really mild.. i just go to clinic for MC.  sweat.gif
Sigh, I'm hoping to get over this asap. It's taking a toll on me both physically and emotionally.
So apart from Ganaton, what else did you take last time? I heard Nexium is quite good too.
alicia
post Feb 17 2013, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 02:32 PM)
You should really cut down on your caffeine. I had serious reflux problem and I used to take coffee everyday but I'm cutting it off completely now though my reflux problem still persist but it's very bad if I'm taking coffee.

I'm also on Pariet and Ganaton and it does work. Ganaton help the stomach movement. U can PM me if you had any other query. BTW, no spicy food and chocolates as well.
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 06:43 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(XProfessorX @ Feb 17 2013, 05:35 PM)
Try to avoid the medication as much as possible.

Last time My mom was diagnosed with gastritis and prescribed her meds to curb the acidic juices, this led to indigestion due to lack of acid to breakdown food..

In a nutshell, I told her to stop the meds and concentrate to eat a more consistent diet. Plus a less acidic one. I told her to keep some alkaline vegs around just in case she can juice it to reduce the acid content of the stomach before the next meal.

She also purchased an alkaline ionizer that helps relieve the conditions. Apparently its used as a natural treatment in Japan n Korea for gastrointestinal issues.

All this happened like 10 over years ago.. Her condition impreoved within a year or 2. Right now she does not have any gastric or indigestion issues already..

Hope it helps
Yeah, I've read about that on other forums. But I'm taking both probiotic and yogurt now to help with the digestion part.
So far, my bowel habit is still quite normal. Oh, do you mind to elaborate more on that product? Can I get it in the local pharmacy too?
Thanks a lot.

This post has been edited by FaNzTeh: Feb 17 2013, 06:44 PM
danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 06:45 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 06:37 PM)
Sigh, I'm hoping to get over this asap. It's taking a toll on me both physically and emotionally.
So apart from Ganaton, what else did you take last time? I heard Nexium is quite good too.
nexium is in the same class of drug as your Pariet. smile.gif
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 06:48 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(alicia @ Feb 17 2013, 06:39 PM)
You should really cut down on your caffeine. I had serious reflux problem and I used to take coffee everyday but I'm cutting it off completely now though my reflux problem still persist but it's very bad if I'm taking coffee.

I'm also on Pariet and Ganaton and it does work. Ganaton help the stomach movement. U can PM me if you had any other query. BTW, no spicy food and chocolates as well.
Yup, that was me last time. I took coffee almost everyday too to help me to stay up late. But now I've made a drastic change to my food intake.
I feel better but not completely healed. No chocolate as well?! *long sigh*
TSFaNzTeh
post Feb 17 2013, 06:55 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Feb 17 2013, 06:45 PM)
nexium is in the same class of drug as your Pariet. smile.gif
Oh I see. So bascially taking Pariet is enough?

danny_sp15
post Feb 17 2013, 06:59 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(FaNzTeh @ Feb 17 2013, 06:55 PM)
Oh I see. So bascially taking Pariet is enough?
yep, no point taking two drugs which do the same thing. sweat.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:40 PM