Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Subaru XV VS Mazda CX5

views

durianpuff
post Feb 15 2013, 01:54 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Xirality @ Feb 15 2013, 01:50 PM)
which is more powerful? My parents plan to buy a "big" yet stylish SUV. They care about how powerful are they in real life because this car will be using in my hometown Sabah. Where road doesn't like KL, they have big holes and cracking road. Really awful  shakehead.gif

Budget around 150k. Owners of one of the car comment will be much appreciated  biggrin.gif
you mentioned POWER is a high requirement.
your choice is obvious as one of the cars u mentioned above is known to be under powered
durianpuff
post Feb 15 2013, 02:47 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(khusyairi @ Feb 15 2013, 02:41 PM)
Subaru XV CVT will not stand tough road in Sabah.
So, you saying mazda CX5 better is it?
durianpuff
post Feb 15 2013, 03:07 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(swing123 @ Feb 15 2013, 02:55 PM)
actually, I am very curious as to the concept of x-over. I mean, those who bought, are buying or eyeing an x-over, what attract you to go for x-over.

It's a cross breed of SUV and a HatchBack. However, it compromise the road handling of a HB (being taller), and also lack the offroad capability of a SUV (most are 2-wheels or AWD, no 4wD option).

Dun get me wrong, I am not making a critic statement but rather a curious mind want to know.
This picture is the reason why these cars are popular at certain places
They aren't exactly off-road, but just very very poor road conditions.
driving a normal car would make you cry.

user posted image

durianpuff
post Feb 15 2013, 05:43 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Feb 15 2013, 05:41 PM)
Come on, the tests in that video aren't that challenging, are they? I'm quite certain my Kangoo could do most of them too, and the Kangoo 4x4 could do basically all of em (except maybe for one test, afraid it'll topple over).

Do this with an XV and I'll be impressed:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Anyway, Citroen C5? Press a button and the car will lift up, letting you cross this kind of terrain.
eh guys... we are getting carried away.
TS said he wanted a big, stylish and powerful SUV, not an offroad vehicle.
sabah road is bad, but they are still roads (albeit horrible) la aiyoyo
durianpuff
post Feb 20 2013, 02:26 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(swing123 @ Feb 20 2013, 02:16 PM)
i see....again, pardon my ignorance, isn't cross-over built on a sedan chasis which mean low clearance, also are they using stiffer suspension like the one in a true SUV? how would the cross-over help in navigating pothole roads in the photo?
not ignorance la. Just you never driven in such conditions before.
2 most important thing about cross-overs VS normal sedan cars:

1. 4-wheel drive (and traction control) is very important.
If you drive in mud roads then you will know 2-wheel's disadvantage. I kena both front wheels stuck in mud last time when drive in kampung during rain. the 2 rear wheels just sit there staring at you and ask "apa lu mau?"

2. also another strong point of cross-over is the higher ground clearance than normal sedans.
so not easy to hit the undercarriage of car in potholes or poor roads.
not forgetting a higher profile allows driver to navigate and see better ahead on road conditions.

There is a huge market for cross-overs simply because true off-roaders usually lack the luxury and comfort, and true off-roaders are meant for...as the name implies, off-road (like jungle trekking, mount climb, etc) cross-overs are usually inexpensive in comparison and has the benefits of both worlds.

This post has been edited by durianpuff: Feb 20 2013, 02:32 PM
durianpuff
post Feb 20 2013, 03:15 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(swing123 @ Feb 20 2013, 03:09 PM)
I think that is my "igorant" points. There are quite a few "soft-roader SUV" options available in the market. So, why not those soft-SUVs if that is the case. A cross-over does not have the best of both sedan/SUV but instead it has the reverse (half empty POV, lol).
There's a market for everyone.
I rather have more choices, than be limited.

durianpuff
post Feb 20 2013, 03:29 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(swing123 @ Feb 20 2013, 03:21 PM)
this I agreed  rclxms.gif

as i said in my first post, I am not meant to be a critic but rather want to find out what's "the" selling point of cross-over compare to SUV or sedan. Well, as you well said, there is market for everyone
it is like mobile phones. it slowly becoming a cross-over between a phone and a computer now
to say it is bad, there are cons. but the pros far outweight the cons.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 PM