Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Questions about Brickfields

views

TSVivienneW95
post Feb 13 2013, 02:45 AM, updated 12y ago

0 posts

I still need to wait for SPM result.The result is coming out on March.I'm interested in taking law courses because I wanted to be a lawyer.My mom have recommended me to study in Brickfields and heard it was the best law college in Malaysia.But I heard of some bad rumours that area was dangerous and had a lot of criminal cases.Is that true?How is the hostel and the price? Next,should I have to be good in Malay?Because I was poor in Malay and even could not speak well of it but my English was not bad and much better in writing than speaking. Besides,tell me about your experience of studying at law college and after becoming a lawyer. I don't want to make wrong decision in my life.At least I can do preparation for plan B.Actually I also interested in taking psychology but my parents objected of it.They thought it taken too much of time and not worth of studying it.Additional,Malaysia was not a good country for becoming a successful psychiatrist. Thats why I choose to study law courses. Maybe I can choose other subjects that I good at it.I have a lot of hidden talents which sometimes I don't know.
HolyCross
post Feb 13 2013, 12:37 PM

Casual
355 posts

just ask me anything you want to know about brickfields,i lived there for about 2 years.

you doesn't have to be good in malay,English is the main language for communication.

brickfields is mostly an Indian territory ,however it depends which side of brickfields are you staying. for your info, ' little India' street is located in brickfield also. Since KL sentral is just walking distance(1~2mins) to brickfield, transportation is very convenience,let it be to other parts of KL or even to your hometown.

as for the safety part, no where is guaranteed safe in Malaysia,especially in KL. Once again,depends which side of brickfield you will be staying. there are some part of brickfield( especially near KL-sentral) where many people are walking down the streets and some part( further from KL-sentral)where less people walking and perhaps thieves and robbers will target those less-crowded areas. there are about 5 or maybe more prostitution centers around brickfield. Throughout my time staying there, I have also heard stories about stealing and robbing.

as for the hostel price,u will find more information here http://www.bac.edu.my/index.php/student-se...tudent-services
however, you can find your own accomodation if you doesn't want to stay in the hostel BAC provided.

between law and psychology, I suggest you to take law since it will bring you a wider opportunities in the future, as
the job prospects is narrowed down for psychology but in the end,it depends on hard-work and luck. some psychology graduates are better off than some law graduates and vice versa,so we can't really generalized it.if it still bother you,you can take up law with a little bit of psychology(double degree) but I don't think it is offered in BAC.

you just finished your SPM, you can still decide later after finishing your pre-u.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:16 AM