Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Broadcom Limited, Previously known as Avago Technologies

views

SUSDavid83
post Mar 28 2006, 02:35 PM, updated 7y ago

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Broadcom Limited is a diversified global semiconductor leader built on 50 years of innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. With roots based in the rich technical heritage of technology powerhouses AT&T/Bell Labs, Lucent and Hewlett-Packard/Agilent, Broadcom focuses on technologies that connect our world. With the addition of industry leaders LSI, Avago Technologies and Broadcom Corporation, the company has the size, scope and engineering talent to continue leading the industry into the future.

2016: Avago Technologies acquires Broadcom Corp. and changes its name to Broadcom Ltd.

URL: http://www.broadcom.com/company/
URL: http://www.avagotech.com/

This post has been edited by David83: Feb 14 2016, 01:21 PM
??????
post Mar 29 2006, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Hello

As so far i know that Avago and Agilent are different company la.

Agilent sells one of its building to Avago

Management quite messy also ...

Avago new company, high work load i think blush.gif
harrychoo
post Mar 29 2006, 03:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,589 posts

Avago take our the opto-electronic business while agilent now only in instrument business.

My gf, working in agilent now, she said Avago no good but i dunno the details.
SUSDavid83
post Mar 29 2006, 06:09 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(?????? @ Mar 29 2006, 02:48 PM)
Hello

As so far i know that Avago and Agilent are different company la.

Agilent sells one of its building to Avago

Management quite messy also ...

Avago new company, high work load i think  blush.gif
I know they're different. Agilent's mainstream department has been sold off to an investment-based company and now it's called as Avagotech.

QUOTE(harrychoo @ Mar 29 2006, 03:52 PM)
Avago take our the opto-electronic business while agilent now only in instrument business.

My gf, working in agilent now, she said Avago no good but i dunno the details.
Avagotech took more than just the opto-business from Agilent; its almost the whole Agilent's semiconductor department. Agilent is now focusing on instruments based business as you said earlier.

This post has been edited by David83: Mar 29 2006, 06:11 PM
kb2005
post Mar 29 2006, 06:12 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

Who said Avago no good. We're paid with special bonus of 3 months this year + another month end of Oct. Which company can pay you 4 months bonus in one year ? Increment also not bad. Average of 10% this year.
SUSDavid83
post Mar 29 2006, 06:21 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Mar 29 2006, 06:12 PM)
Who said Avago no good. We're paid with special bonus of 3 months this year + another month end of Oct. Which company can pay you 4 months bonus in one year ? Increment also not bad. Average of 10% this year.
Would it be your 4-month bonus is paid due to the change of management as Avagotech is established in December 2005?

From the career fair/talk they gave to us, the HR people only mention a contractual bonus of 2-month (1 for contract and 1 for performance based) for fresh graduates.

Since it's upper management is by an investment company, god knows 2 or 3 years later, they sell Avagotech out.

I'm asking about the stability of the company. Thank you.

This post has been edited by David83: Mar 29 2006, 10:54 PM
harrychoo
post Mar 29 2006, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,589 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 29 2006, 06:21 PM)
Would it be your 4-month bonus is paid due to the change of management as Avagotech is established in December 2005.

From the career fair/talk they gave to us, the HR people only mention a contractual bonus of 2-month (1 for contract and 1 for performance based) for fresh graduates.

Since it's upper management is by an investment company, god knows 2 or 3 years later, they sell Avagotech out.

yeah, i heard the 4 months bonus if for comepnsation of changing management.

stablility? i think nobody knows since it is still new.

btw, david83 where u work? can pm me.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by harrychoo: Mar 29 2006, 10:20 PM
SUSDavid83
post Mar 29 2006, 10:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(harrychoo @ Mar 29 2006, 10:20 PM)
yeah, i heard the 4 months bonus if for comepnsation of changing management.

stablility? i think nobody knows since it is still new.

btw, david83 where u work? can pm me.. laugh.gif
FYI, harrychoo, I'm still scouting for jobs. I'm in my final term now.
kb2005
post Mar 29 2006, 11:00 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 29 2006, 06:21 PM)
Would it be your 4-month bonus is paid due to the change of management as Avagotech is established in December 2005?

Yes, you're absolutely right. The 3 months + 1 month contractual bonus was the compensation payout to Avago's employee due to the split from Agilent. Overall, the management team remained, only changed in CEO only. I can't comment much on the stability of the company but why you care about it ? Nowaday, fresh grad tends to switch job frequently. Nobody can guarantee the stability of a company. Do you think Motorola, Intel and Agilent are stable companies ?
SUSDavid83
post Mar 29 2006, 11:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Mar 29 2006, 11:00 PM)
Yes, you're absolutely right. The 3 months + 1 month contractual bonus was the compensation payout to Avago's employee due to the split from Agilent. Overall, the management team remained, only changed in CEO only. I can't comment much on the stability of the company but why you care about it ? Nowaday, fresh grad tends to switch job frequently. Nobody can guarantee the stability of a company. Do you think Motorola, Intel and Agilent are stable companies ?
I do agree on the job-hopping part. If I could get myself to an awesome organization, who cares about job-hopping. I'll seeking for a good company which could provide career development and stable.
harrychoo
post Mar 29 2006, 11:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,589 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 29 2006, 10:46 PM)
FYI, harrychoo, I'm still scouting for jobs. I'm in my final term now.
doh.gif from so many of ur reply in Jobs and Careers i think u work oledi doh.gif

u are from penang and want to work here?

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Mar 29 2006, 11:00 PM)
but 1st job is very important. as being told by david83, try to find 1st job with development opportunity, if not end up like me, now i feel i want to find a new job is harder than when i'm fresh grad.

coz when u are fresh grad, employer not expecting much, but let say u work in 1 company for 1 year but learns nth there for a year, then when u job-hopping, u consider as experience but when the interviewver ask u question and expecting u to be experience, then u will screw up.
SUSDavid83
post Mar 30 2006, 12:48 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(harrychoo @ Mar 29 2006, 11:54 PM)
doh.gif  from so many of ur reply in Jobs and Careers i think u work oledi  doh.gif

but 1st job is very important. as being told by david83, try to find 1st job with development opportunity, if not end up like me, now i feel i want to find a new job is harder than when i'm fresh grad.

coz when u are fresh grad, employer not expecting much, but let say u work in 1 company for 1 year but learns nth there for a year, then when u job-hopping, u consider as experience but when the interviewver ask u question and expecting u to be experience, then u will screw up.
I wished that I'm working now. Currently is scouting for a great organization to join in.

I'm from KL and I plan to work in Penang. If I really work in Penang, need assistance from you. biggrin.gif

By the way, where're you working at now?

This post has been edited by David83: Mar 30 2006, 12:53 AM
cks2k2
post Mar 30 2006, 02:41 AM

1,966 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 28 2006, 02:35 PM)
I'm interested to know if it's advisable to work in this company. Feedback from friends who are working in other companies in the same industry said that it may not be a stable company as Avagotech is acquired by an investment (or financial) organization. There's a possibility of change in the top management after 2 to 3 years. Some inside information also said that, Avagotech is going to sell of one of its internal department.

Please advise. Thank you.
Yup, it's been bought out by some investment firm. Typically they'll stay on for a while and then start dismantling the company and selling it off bit-by-bit to other parties to recoup the invested costs.

A lot of employees stay on hoping for a fat severance pay when that happens.

I dont know about Avago, but the work culture in Agilent is rather relaxed compared to Intel - man, those ex-Agilent people who jumped ship to Intel are really regretting their decision.
SUSDavid83
post Mar 30 2006, 03:18 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(cks2k2 @ Mar 30 2006, 02:41 AM)
Yup, it's been bought out by some investment firm. Typically they'll stay on for a while and then start dismantling the company and selling it off bit-by-bit to other parties to recoup the invested costs.

I dont know about Avago, but the work culture in Agilent is rather relaxed compared to Intel - man, those ex-Agilent people who jumped ship to Intel are really regretting their decision.
I'm kind agreed that the working environment in Intel is stressful. Well, it depends on which department you're attached to.
harrychoo
post Mar 30 2006, 07:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,589 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 30 2006, 12:48 AM)
I wished that I'm working now. Currently is scouting for a great organization to join in.

I'm from KL and I plan to work in Penang. If I really work in Penang, need assistance from you. biggrin.gif

By the way, where're you working at now?
haha, i also from KL but work at penang. no problem, u can pm me if u want.

i work at japaense MNC now but scouting for job now too tongue.gif

yeah, agilent is qutie relaxed, even the interviewver give me this kind of impression.

and yeah, agilent got a nick if u know, it called rumah orang orang tua laugh.gif

QUOTE(David83 @ Mar 30 2006, 03:18 AM)
I'm kind agreed that the working environment in Intel is stressful. Well, it depends on which department you're attached to.
mostly the system validation in intel is quite stress, they will work until like 9pm or 10pm since their products are always out.

but my fren who is working in software side (pure comp science) is not as stress as those E&E engineer and the pay is comparable to them also.

so it depends, but mostly is qutie stressful
kb2005
post Mar 30 2006, 08:06 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(harrychoo @ Mar 29 2006, 11:54 PM)
doh.gif  from so many of ur reply in Jobs and Careers i think u work oledi  doh.gif

Nobody will satisfy with their first job and you don't expect too much on your first job as well. Eventhough you join a good company but within a week or a few days time, they can transfer you anywhere. Another thing is, don't expect to apply 100% of what you learn in uni to your new work. I bet, you will only use 5% of it only biggrin.gif
kb2005
post Mar 30 2006, 08:08 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

The only thing good about Intel is the share. Intel will give share to all new hires. Working environment is quite stress but it depends on what dept you're in. Some can "goyang kaki" but some have to work until 9pm : doh.gif
cks2k2
post Mar 30 2006, 08:14 AM

1,966 posts

QUOTE(kb2005 @ Mar 30 2006, 08:08 AM)
The only thing good about Intel is the share. Intel will give share to all new hires. Working environment is quite stress but it depends on what dept you're in. Some can "goyang kaki" but some have to work until 9pm : doh.gif
You have no idea how poorly paid Inteliers are compared to other MNCs.
As for the stock... that's the really depressing part... cry.gif
kb2005
post Mar 30 2006, 08:15 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

QUOTE(cks2k2 @ Mar 30 2006, 08:14 AM)
You have no idea how poorly paid Inteliers are compared to other MNCs.
As for the stock... that's the really depressing part...  cry.gif
Recent news from Intel is, they are making market adjustment for all their employees. I heard some get 40% increment this year.
kb2005
post Mar 30 2006, 08:15 AM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

For your information here, i think the highest paid MNC companies are Agilent, Avago and Motorola.

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:44 PM