http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels?nl=MU&pid=1595

Traveler's Choice 2009 Award - See Attachments

This post has been edited by Putraskyline: Mar 2 2009, 12:43 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TravelersChoiceAwards2009.pdf ( 1.94mb ) Number of downloads: 38
onlinefever
post Mar 2 2009, 03:17 PM

26 posts

The beach in front of Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort is it private? How's the sea water at cenang beach? Is it dirty?
stimix
post Mar 2 2009, 03:49 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

It's private beach..but who cares..once u are in Pelangi, they din even notice that u are not a guest biggrin.gif Pretend u are one of the guest!

Pantai Cenang is clean but water quality is not really good...probably abit clearer than Penang Beaches biggrin.gif . U can get clearer beach at Pantai Tengah or even better at Pantai Kok & Datai Bay area.

QUOTE(onlinefever @ Mar 2 2009, 03:17 PM)
The beach in front of Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort is it private? How's the sea water at cenang beach? Is it dirty?
wirelessdude
post Mar 2 2009, 07:36 PM

On my way
594 posts

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Mar 2 2009, 12:39 AM)
I just got yearly mail from Tripadvisor. Just update for you guys
http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels?nl=MU&pid=1595
Traveler's Choice 2009 Award - See Attachments
Westin Langkawi ought to be in the list. smile.gif

Anyway, I stayed there when I was in Langkawi 2 weeks ago and it was the best resort/hotel I ever stayed in - period!

It was slightly expensive and I had to pay RM200/day surcharge because it was peak period due to the Ironman competition. They have a package now for Malaysians/Singaporeans at RM550 nett per day.

Anyway, I was upgraded to Ocean View room because I was a SPG corporate preferred member. The room had an extra "rain" shower, 42" plasma tv, dvd player and even a bed on the balcony.

Buffet breakfast had the most extensive food range I've seen - you had your choice of milk, designer tea and there was even champagne and cheese!

The resort has 4 swimming pools but I just hanged around at the rock pool because the rest were filled with angmohs, who came early to train. Come to think of it, apart from us and 4 China tourists, there weren't other Asians.

I thought I'd booked the promo package above but I guess I must've made a mistake. So the resort changed my package to the promo one but I'd to top-up RM200. Told them I wasn't that happy about it. When I came back after lunch that day, I realized that they'd prepared a floral bath in the tub for me. And when I went out and came home again in the evening, there was a complimentary bottle of wine - now that's good service recovery. smile.gif

Anyway, we had the included BBQ dinner that night and it was mostly jumbo prawns and lobsters for me. Drinks weren't included in the buffet and most tables had to order wine or champagne - luckily I had my complimentary bottle.

In the end, it was the nicest resort stay I've ever had.
FirFir
post Mar 2 2009, 10:07 PM

46 posts

Can anyone give info on any Wi-Fi spot in Langkawi?

thx a lot notworthy.gif
Putraskyline
post Mar 3 2009, 12:53 AM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(wirelessdude @ Mar 2 2009, 07:36 PM)
Westin Langkawi ought to be in the list. smile.gif

Anyway, I stayed there when I was in Langkawi 2 weeks ago and it was the best resort/hotel I ever stayed in - period!

It was slightly expensive and I had to pay RM200/day surcharge because it was peak period due to the Ironman competition. They have a package now for Malaysians/Singaporeans at RM550 nett per day.

Anyway, I was upgraded to Ocean View room because I was a SPG corporate preferred member. The room had an extra "rain" shower, 42" plasma tv, dvd player and even a bed on the balcony.

Buffet breakfast had the most extensive food range I've seen - you had your choice of milk, designer tea and there was even champagne and cheese!

The resort has 4 swimming pools but I just hanged around at the rock pool because the rest were filled with angmohs, who came early to train. Come to think of it, apart from us and 4 China tourists, there weren't other Asians.

I thought I'd booked the promo package above but I guess I must've made a mistake. So the resort changed my package to the promo one but I'd to top-up RM200. Told them I wasn't that happy about it. When I came back after lunch that day, I realized that they'd prepared a floral bath in the tub for me. And when I went out and came home again in the evening, there was a complimentary bottle of wine - now that's good service recovery. smile.gif

Anyway, we had the included BBQ dinner that night and it was mostly jumbo prawns and lobsters for me. Drinks weren't included in the buffet and most tables had to order wine or champagne - luckily I had my complimentary bottle.

In the end, it was the nicest resort stay I've ever had.
Nice to hear that they recover with that way. If I were you, I would ask resort manager to get free room or free room upgrade for entire stay. I have been in Westin during Jan 08, and I have to agree the hotel are great and the setting in the Westin doesnt make me love the resort itself. I rather topup a bit to go Deluxe room at The Datai. You should try The Datai if you love jungle luxury.

Added on March 3, 2009, 12:55 am
QUOTE(onlinefever @ Mar 2 2009, 03:17 PM)
Like what Stimix said, actually the beach at Pelangi are the common path for other hotel guest to walk either in the morning or evening which means the privacy are lacking.

This post has been edited by Putraskyline: Mar 3 2009, 12:55 AM
silhouette
post Mar 3 2009, 10:59 AM

27 posts

I just came back from langkawi yesterday. I stayed 3d2n in AB motel. quite a good place to stay. With a very reasonable price RM60 per nite the room was quite comfortable, but dont expect much of this motel. for traveler who have a very tight budget, AB motel is just a worthy place to spend ur nights. biggrin.gif
akmar_m
post Mar 3 2009, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(silhouette @ Mar 3 2009, 10:59 AM)
I just came back from langkawi yesterday. I stayed 3d2n in AB motel. quite a good place to stay. With a very reasonable price RM60 per nite the room was quite comfortable, but dont expect much of this motel. for traveler who have a very tight budget, AB motel is just a worthy place to spend ur nights. biggrin.gif
so excited to go again -leaving KL on 7/3 -just hope it will not rain unsure.gif -habislah if raining..
looking forward for a funloving trip wub.gif wub.gif
Jeanne
post Mar 4 2009, 07:00 PM

23 posts

I'm going to Langkawi in June and planning to stay at either Sunset Beach Resort or Awana. Which resort is better?
Awana seems quite far from Pantai Cenang and food place...
Please give me some suggestions smile.gif
Openview
post Mar 4 2009, 10:10 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Openview @ Feb 28 2009, 06:03 PM)
I am going tomorrow with family, any nice restaurant there to have a good dinner, 4 people around RM 50, and any karaoke in town.
Thanks, Just came back.
Wonderland seafood store, artizan pizza also very good. cheers.
roustabout
post Mar 7 2009, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Jeanne @ Mar 4 2009, 07:00 PM)
I'm going to Langkawi in June and planning to stay at either Sunset Beach Resort or Awana. Which resort is better?
Awana seems quite far from Pantai Cenang and food place...
Please give me some suggestions smile.gif
I'm planning to stay at Awana in June too... Any reasons why internet booking is cheaper than phone booking...any hidden charge/fee that i should know about when using CC?

This post has been edited by roustabout: Mar 7 2009, 10:15 PM
TSChester
post Mar 7 2009, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

u can try a link in page 103, asia web direct

so far i found that to be the cheapest
wisekey
post Mar 7 2009, 11:12 PM

1 posts

i hav not to Langkawi !!! i like to go once !!! my son went Twice ! haha...

shinobikit
post Mar 8 2009, 01:40 AM

Honey Bunny
900 posts

since the airasia is having promotion rite now, im planning to go langkawi this end of april... after my final exams...
most probabily i will go alone if i cant find any friend wanna go with me.

im planning to stay at Pantai Cenang there, cheap motel. Leisurely spend 2-3 days on beach...

however, here come my question:
1) how can i get travel from airport to pantai cenang if i dont rent a car, any taxi there?

This post has been edited by shinobikit: Mar 8 2009, 01:41 AM
Putraskyline
post Mar 8 2009, 02:07 AM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(shinobikit @ Mar 8 2009, 01:40 AM)
since the airasia is having promotion rite now, im planning to go langkawi this end of april... after my final exams...

im planning to stay at Pantai Cenang there, cheap motel. Leisurely spend 2-3 days on beach...

1) how can i get travel from airport to pantai cenang if i dont rent a car, any taxi there?
Yeah....Taxi are everywhere.
Voonz
post Mar 8 2009, 10:53 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

hu, i will be going to langkwai this coming wednesday. can anyone enlighten me about squid catching in langkawi? who do i cantact?
bananatasha
post Mar 9 2009, 01:19 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(shinobikit @ Mar 8 2009, 01:40 AM)

airport to cenang beach is pretty damn near..but its not walking distance la unless u don mind.. its about 3 KM
TSChester
post Mar 10 2009, 10:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

guys, can we bring beer in from langkawi? i mean i wanna buy those corona, fosters etc etc...liquor is 1l/cust, but wad about beer?
fontverdana
post Mar 11 2009, 04:23 PM

4 posts

Hi,

can anyone please help me to the following queries regarding LANKAWI Visit.

1. Planning to reach in Lankawi airport on SAT @ 4.30.
->Can I get a 'Rent a Bike' near to the airport itself ?
->Planning to Stay @ Grand Continental, how far the attractions from there ?
(Please advice me what are the attraction which i can go for -
Please note that my return flight is on MON - 5PM - 2 days trip)
->My Initial Plan is as follows,
1. EAGLE SQUARE - what is the specialty about this? or why should I go here? how far this place from my hotel?

2. LANGKAWI Cable Car - what is the specialty about this? or why should I go here? how far this place from my hotel?

3. Langkawi Snake Sanctuary - what is the specialty about this? or why should I go here? how far this place from my hotel?

4. Crocodile Farm - what is the specialty about this? or why should I go here? how far this place from my hotel?

5. Underwater World Langkawi - what is the specialty about this? or why should I go here? how far this place from my hotel?

Please advice me, to visit any other places/attractions which I go for ?

thanks in advance.

129 Pages « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0291sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:00 PM