Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engine mounting, Go to toyota service centre or?

views

TSspiderwick
post Jan 30 2013, 10:11 PM, updated 12y ago

Casual
341 posts

Hi guys,

Will need advice here.

Recently i sent my car for repair work and the garage's owner said my car engine mounting got some problems thus throttled badly when he tried to restart my car after leaving there for few days. He said will cause car idle. And ask me to check.

I am wondering shall i go outside workshop or toyota service centre? My car just reached 3 years warranty.

Thank you smile.gif
shelby_yong
post Jan 30 2013, 10:25 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Jan 30 2013, 10:11 PM)
Hi guys,

Will need advice here.

Recently i sent my car for repair work and the garage's owner said my car engine mounting got some problems thus throttled badly when he tried to restart my car after leaving there for few days. He said will cause car idle. And ask me to check.

I am wondering shall i go outside workshop or toyota service centre? My car just reached 3 years warranty.

Thank you  smile.gif
that 1 not mounting la...
why mounting can cause car to idle leh???
normally is mounting rosak, it will cause vibrating only... i think is other part defect..
not that
drivenheat
post Jan 30 2013, 10:54 PM

I'm Officer Cadet
945 posts

hahaha.. what is idle mean leh?

winkiedilwy
post Jan 30 2013, 11:00 PM

Imma farting carrots.
2,343 posts

idle... you mean the rpm very low until the car can die fire rite? f**k me english. you mean the engine will stop due to the low RPM rite?
TSspiderwick
post Jan 30 2013, 11:36 PM

Casual
341 posts

Lol idle is stop.
So meaning is mounting spoilt? So go normal workshop check will do?
Is it still safe to drive around? tongue.gif
Dr3@m
post Jan 30 2013, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

Mounting problem u will feel the car like going to breakdown "die fire" when the car is in idle especially with gear on. Example when waiting traffic light or traffic jam. I had drove my car with mounting problem for few months and never got really broke down luckily.
azbro
post Jan 31 2013, 12:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

Bro, my Vios was running with 3 cylinders also no dieler...engine vibrate violently....but still manage to go to the SC for repairs.

Anyway, before doing any repairs, I always go to the SC to get a clear perspective of what need to be change and the cost plus labour charges...believe it or not...sometimes it is even cheaper than outside cut throat workshops!

But sad to say, you need to chose which toyota SC you go to....some also cut throat...the best is to go to the main UMWSC...not those dealers SC

This post has been edited by azbro: Jan 31 2013, 07:50 AM
TSspiderwick
post Jan 31 2013, 10:05 AM

Casual
341 posts

Thx azbro,maybe i should go to PJ seksyen 19 toyota then!
Haha thx Dr3, hopefully mine as lucky as u!
Deja Vu
post Jan 31 2013, 10:26 AM

Regular
1,851 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Jan 30 2013, 10:11 PM)
Hi guys,

Will need advice here.

Thank you  smile.gif
TS,
I'm kinda confused by wat u said.

Bad/worn mounting: Abnormal vibrations can b felt at idle, or certain road conditions, engine revs, cornering or possibly all of d mentioned. But 1 thing for sure is tat ur engine revs should b quite consistant wit consistant exhaust note.

Bad timing/idling speed/tuning: tis can cause similar amount of vibrations as a bad mount. But d difference is tat d engine revs almost certainly inconsistant or abnormally high/low, with possibly some difference in fc n spark plug wear n tear.

Another thing I dun quite get is throttled badly when he tried to restart my car after leaving there for few days. A mounting is unlikely to go bad just b'coz d car was not started for some time. Tis sounds more like a cold start, tuning, or faulty autochoke problem.
kadajawi
post Jan 31 2013, 10:49 AM

On my way
544 posts

I think best thing is go to a proper SC and describe your problem. Ask them what the reason is. What you describe doesn't sound like bad engine mounting.
TSspiderwick
post Feb 1 2013, 09:14 AM

Casual
341 posts

Thx guys for ur advices smile.gif SC is full till tues. maybe back hometown only check

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 PM