Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Turtles, Terrapins and Tortoises V6, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

kyox88
post Jan 30 2013, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Jan 30 2013, 05:55 AM)
What was it living in ? Any filter provided , I suspect infection of some sort - red ness around it's " navel " area !!

Cheers
i think he is refering to the big scar@opening at the center abdomen there...
SAMPERTH
post Jan 30 2013, 02:27 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(kyox88 @ Jan 30 2013, 03:24 PM)
i think he is refering to the big scar@opening at the center abdomen there...
That opening is its navel - did you notice some " redness" near the " opening/scar "

Thats why I ask for more information - don't want to jump to anything !!

Cheers
kyox88
post Jan 30 2013, 02:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Jan 30 2013, 02:27 PM)
That opening is its navel - did you notice some " redness" near the " opening/scar  "
Thats why I ask for more information - don't want to jump to anything !!

Cheers
woa no offense boss i'm just helping to give idea..group discussion mah..not jumping to conclusion... smile.gif
SAMPERTH
post Jan 30 2013, 05:56 PM

On my way

QUOTE(kyox88 @ Jan 30 2013, 03:42 PM)
woa no offense boss i'm just helping to give idea..group discussion mah..not jumping to conclusion... smile.gif
If I took offense I would have already edited / deleted already LOL
kyox88
post Jan 30 2013, 09:27 PM

Getting Started

good good... heppy CNY to you and your tortoises & turtles! smile.gif
SAMPERTH
post Feb 1 2013, 04:30 AM

On my way

QUOTE(kyox88 @ Jan 30 2013, 10:27 PM)
good good... heppy CNY to you and your tortoises & turtles!  smile.gif
See poster not interested or may have goten answer elsewhere !!

If you being here long enough you will know many appear from nowhere post a question - some without picture , limited information but want good answer !!

Happy CNY to all chinese - may we all have a long lived life like our pets !!
Cheers
chteo
post Feb 1 2013, 10:28 AM

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Feb 1 2013, 04:30 AM)

If you being here long enough you will know many appear from nowhere post a question - some without picture , limited information but want good answer !!
Cheers
i've been following since V4 since i got my turtles, and would like to contribute, but i don't have the experience to share since i'm still very much a beginner.

i have had my fair share of turtle mishaps and death as well...but so far surviving.

in my collection now are 2 RES, 1 musk and 1 yellow-spotted
SAMPERTH
post Feb 1 2013, 11:34 AM

On my way

QUOTE(chteo @ Feb 1 2013, 11:28 AM)
i've been following since V4 since i got my turtles, and would like to contribute, but i don't have the experience to share since i'm still very much a beginner.

i have had my fair share of turtle mishaps and death as well...but so far surviving.

in my collection now are 2 RES, 1 musk and 1 yellow-spotted
Nice , any pictures - can share ? You do know that the yellow-spotted will max out bigger than the other 2 sp in your collection !!

Cheers
antzz
post Feb 1 2013, 03:30 PM

Getting Started

Just sharing my post in primitive fish thread

user posted image

Casualty in turtle tank : The pump wire being bitten by Fly the PNT. Naughty guy indeed. When i touched the water, it feels like an electric shock! I tried several times and still the same. Tell u.. it hurts. Surprisingly the PNT and all feeder fishes seem normal, no sign of stress let alone shocks.

I tried to nurse the wounded wire by applying thick tapes, but to no avail, still feels electricity in water. Well, maybe its time for a new pump. Or i'll just use normal powerhead pump (for top filters). Lower flowrate though sad.gif

Currently on powerhead pump :

user posted image
leolei5388
post Feb 1 2013, 06:03 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Jan 30 2013, 05:55 AM)
What was it living in ? Any filter provided , I suspect infection of some sort - red ness around it's " navel " area !!

Cheers
She live at plastic tank,without filter,but I change the water once a day~but this morning it's more better,the red spot is gone~dunno what problem~
kyox88
post Feb 1 2013, 08:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Feb 1 2013, 04:30 AM)

Cheers
because here they know got sifu like u mah can get good advice hehehe

sorry no picture from me coz i dun have any tortoise/turtle yet...but might get one in the future...
SAMPERTH
post Feb 2 2013, 07:42 AM

On my way

QUOTE(antzz @ Feb 1 2013, 04:30 PM)

user posted image

Casualty in turtle tank : The pump wire being bitten by Fly the PNT. Naughty guy indeed. When i touched the water, it feels like an electric shock! I tried several times and still the same. Tell u.. it hurts. Surprisingly the PNT and all feeder fishes seem normal, no sign of stress let alone shocks.

I tried to nurse the wounded wire by applying thick tapes, but to no avail, still feels electricity in water. Well, maybe its time for a new pump. Or i'll just use normal powerhead pump (for top filters). Lower flowrate though sad.gif

user posted image
They dont really feel anything due to them not connected to " earth wire " we are standing on the ground thus the " shock " pass thru us to go underground !!

Water has sipped thru the breakage into the wire , u need to dry the whole thing for at least a week before reusing if not you will still feel the shock !! Getting a new pump is still best choice .

Cheers
antzz
post Feb 2 2013, 09:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Feb 2 2013, 07:42 AM)
They dont really feel anything due to them not connected to " earth wire " we are standing on the ground thus the " shock " pass thru us to go underground !!

Water has sipped thru the breakage into the wire , u need to dry the whole thing for at least a week before reusing if not you will still feel the shock !! Getting a new pump is still best choice .

Cheers
Thanks. Thats what i thought too, being an earth wire is a terrible experience indeed! shocking.gif

Yea i'm drying the pump up now. Will leave it be for a week or two. Then maybe try applying electric tape with PVC solvent. In the meanwhile i'm using a normal powerhead pump as in last picture. Tank running as usual with lower flowrate pump, reducing current speed a little.

x3cream
post Feb 2 2013, 11:07 AM

Getting Started

Hi all, I have 2 terrapins the size is half an adult hand and 2 younger terrapin the size about 50cent coins. And today I found out one of the young terrapin died and another younger terrapin shell is dented and it's tail is hurt. Is it because the 2 elder terrapin are hungry that's why they bit the young ones?
-PraV-
post Feb 2 2013, 03:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(antzz @ Feb 1 2013, 03:30 PM)

user posted image

user posted image
try coating the damaged part of the wire with aquarium silicone maybe?
antzz
post Feb 5 2013, 12:59 PM

Getting Started

Thinking of some toys/ snack to my PNT. Considering wild keladi (like in pic), but scared it will cause bad effect to my turtle, what do u think?

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by antzz: Feb 5 2013, 12:59 PM
SAMPERTH
post Feb 6 2013, 12:13 AM

On my way

QUOTE(antzz @ Feb 5 2013, 01:59 PM)
Thinking of some toys/ snack to my PNT. Considering wild keladi (like in pic), but scared it will cause bad effect to my turtle, what do u think?

user posted image

user posted image
Why dont you try pandanus fruits ( naturally occuring ) or some figs - actually most fruits thats " colourfully enough " are eagerly taken !!

Cheers
antzz
post Feb 6 2013, 07:13 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SAMPERTH @ Feb 6 2013, 12:13 AM)
Why dont you try pandanus fruits ( naturally occuring ) or some figs - actually most fruits thats " colourfully enough " are eagerly taken !!
Thanks.. Pandanus fruit, u mean, the one like in this pic?

user posted image

This post has been edited by antzz: Feb 6 2013, 07:15 AM
mozambique
post Feb 6 2013, 01:56 PM

Group: Newbie

Hi All Sifus,

icon_question.gif

I would like to find out the type of vegetables/ diet suitable for star tortoise.

So far, what I can find out from the internet cannot or not easily available in wet market & supermarket.

I have been feeding my star tortoises with Mazuri, sawi, romaine lettuce, etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers.. biggrin.gif
Dagashi
post Feb 8 2013, 03:35 PM

Casual

QUOTE(mozambique @ Feb 6 2013, 01:56 PM)
Hi All Sifus,

icon_question.gif

I would like to find out the type of vegetables/ diet suitable for star tortoise.

So far, what I can find out from the internet cannot or not easily available in wet market & supermarket.

I have been feeding my star tortoises with Mazuri, sawi, romaine lettuce, etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers..  biggrin.gif
If you walk around your neighbourhood, you can find alot of extra things they can eat.

Try the cactus pad, hibicus flower and leaves. They also eat bermuda grass (can self grow), weeds and bunga kertas leaves.

Don't give kangkung. You can try to give some french beans (but not too often). Usualy stars will love to eat french beans.

u can try a small slice of banana or papaya too. (not often).

We feed our star tortoises (and sulcata) mazuri daily (cause lazy to get fresh vege all the time. they are still small and they eat very little).

when give fresh vege they eat sawi, romaine, sometimes french beans, long beans, four angle beans, hibiscus leaves (our neighbour has). They don't like cactus pad but it's supposed to be good for them.

Sometimes let them graze in garden and eat whatever they like. they like some purple flower weed. Not sure what is that. always eat that.

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0950sec    5.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 08:00 PM