Turtles, Terrapins and Tortoises V6, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

views

[gs]JackMin
post Mar 12 2019, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

Hi anyone can let me know where I can find this product :
https://www.apifishcare.com/product.php?sec...68#.XIeu9HduJJs

I have a 7 year old pig nose turtle, the bottom part the skins are like peeling off , I think maybe is infection due to bites from another turtle which I had removed to another tank. its been bout 2 weeks now and still not getting any better. any help would be great.

This post has been edited by [gs]JackMin: Mar 12 2019, 09:16 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Bigboyz
post May 4 2019, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

I’m looking for cherryhead tortoise. Anyone selling?
ridox_orimabu
post Dec 27 2019, 09:34 AM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,866 posts

Hey guys. I got a res need immediate attention as he has been thought to be missing since 23rd Nov... all this while he was covered in magic sand when i thought he jump off the building n suicide.

Now that he appeared this morning at the veranda , he is all covered with the sand but still responds.

I wash the sand off but some are still stuck on its neck. Then put him back in water. But he appeared floating (gas).

I want to bring the poor fella to a vet at mont kiara soon today.

Meanwhile,any tips to keep it alive? It seems to be very weak but very responsive and does not want to eat anything.

Attached Image
Attached Image

RainbowCity
post Jan 4 2020, 11:48 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(einrennima @ Jul 25 2018, 01:49 PM)
Hi all turtle and tortoise lovers, can anyone suggest realible veterinar for my aldabra tortoise? My aldabra just dragging its rear legs...this happend few weeks back..please help me..
Yes sure, I have tried several veterinarians for my leopard and redfoot tortoises. Finally managed to get this vet's contact from exotic pet store owner.. El's Veterinary clinic at Seri Kembangan 0172238827. Doctor Abraham is really caring and knowledgeable, he used to be a lecturer in UPM and is now on his own and treats all kinds of exotic pet.
RainbowCity
post Jan 4 2020, 12:08 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(NiniWahab @ Jul 6 2017, 07:00 PM)
Hello.
New tortoise mom here. I have 2 cherry head redfoot baby tortoises. You may have been asked this questions so many times. I have also gone through some threads about this. There are so many foreign greens and vegetables that can only be bought in the supermarket. There are some that are well known and I can readily get from my garden like hibiscus leaves and flowers, grape leaves, mulberry leaves, rose flowers. I am also happy to know that sawi and bunga kertas, mint, cilantro, aloe vera can be given as food, as well as papayas.

I love gardening and i have some plants and weeds that I need to run through with you guys to see whether it is safe and that if I can use it as staple or just on the 'occasional' list.
1. Pegaga - Centella asiatica, pennywort. I have a variety of it including the Hydrocotyle leucocephala (used for planted tanks)
2. Daun kesum - Persicaria odorata
3. Daun cekur - Kaempferia galanga
4. Daun sup - Apium graveolens
5. Fig leaves, fruits
6. Pucuk ubi kayu - cassava shoots

Weeds:
1. Maman pasir - Cleyome gynandra
2. Sireh cina - Peperomia pellucida

I tried to find some in the Tortoise Table Database but I could not get any. same as in Tortoise Forum. There is a thread on Indian plants for Indian Star Tortoises. That was very helpful too.

The reason I like using my own plants is of course because it's free and readily available so I can pick them fresh. It is also pesticide free.

My redfoots are still babies and have not fully recovered from the stress of a new home so I am sticking to the ones I know that is safe including store bought ones.

So I'd appreciate the help.
1. on the list above
2. other suggestion for easily available edible plants for tortoises
3. since redfoots are omnivores, what animal protein would you give to the babies?

Thank you so much.

PS: I supplement their diet with Repashy supervege powder with calcium carbonate, mazuri pellets (which they aren't interested at all). Daily sunlight in 80% shady area in the garden for an hour or two, then back to the patio where it is bright but no direct sunlight. Temperature 29C min 35C max average 32C with 80% humidity and above. Substrate coco husk and some spots of damp sphagnum moss. Of course readily available, easily accessible water bowl and some pots for them to sleep in. No UVB or basking light as they would not come out at all with the lights on and I personally think it is not necessary for rainforest tortoises with parameters as above.

Sorry for the long post lol. Would really love some input. Thank you guys. Have a nice day.
Nini
Hello, to start of, I have multiple land tortoises comprises of leopards, Indian star and cherry head. All I can tell is that each of them have their own preference in terms of food. The adults are more tolerable and would mostly consume different vege that we gave them such as romaine lettuce, sweet potato leaves, choy sum, and French beans.

When it comes to juvenile tortoises, they're a bit more picky in terms of food. I have a leopard that only eats fresh vege and flowers/leaves and some that do not mind either vege or pellets. For pellets, we provides them with a mixture of mazuri, cactus and Lt20. My cherry head is the most picky of all and would only eat pellets or hibiscus leaves/flower. All the food we gave will be sprinkled with calcium powder and some Timothy hay powder (own blended).

As for protein source for cherry head, it should only be 10% of their total diet so mostly is still vege. Protein I saw other owners has been feeding theirs with hard boiled eggs and some with meats like boiled fish or chickens. I have tried giving earthworm to mine but she doesn't seem to be interested and is rather afraid of it.

Just be careful of baby tortoise and rmb they shouldn't be fed alot of fruits or they'll start picking only fruits and avoid all veges at all costs. Most of my Tortoises love the Macfn cactus pellets. You can try that to start with. Not all my tortoises love mazuri but most of them love the cactus pellets.

usandthem P
post Jan 13 2020, 02:34 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(ridox_orimabu @ Dec 27 2019, 09:34 AM)
Hey guys. I got a res need immediate attention as he has been thought to be missing since 23rd Nov... all this while he was covered in magic sand when i thought he jump off the building n suicide.

Now that he appeared this morning at the veranda , he is all covered with the sand but still responds.

I wash the sand off but some are still stuck on its neck. Then put him back in water. But he appeared floating (gas).

I want to bring the poor fella to a vet at mont kiara soon today.

Meanwhile,any tips to keep it alive? It seems to be very weak but very responsive and does not want to eat anything.

Attached Image
Attached Image
I hope it all works out for the little guy ! not good sign.
ridox_orimabu
post Jan 13 2020, 09:56 AM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,866 posts

QUOTE(usandthem @ Jan 13 2020, 02:34 AM)
I hope it all works out for the little guy ! not good sign.
well, it died. 4 days after i discover him.

he was spurting blood every time.i guess that's the sign that he is dying d.

thank you for your response anyway.

blizzardcarl92
post May 22 2020, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

anyone selling sulcata or red footed tortoise here?
slackerz
post Jul 5 2020, 06:42 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

Yo guys...still active?
Relentless
post Jul 9 2020, 10:51 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(slackerz @ Jul 5 2020, 06:42 AM)
Yo guys...still active?
damn. old timer
what you have now?
TSuzairi
post Jul 15 2020, 08:20 AM

Team almostthere
6,744 posts

Hello
slackerz
post Jul 19 2020, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(Relentless @ Jul 9 2020, 10:51 PM)
damn. old timer
what you have now?
Lol,still same, but stay in cave now.lol
slackerz
post Jul 19 2020, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(uzairi @ Jul 15 2020, 08:20 AM)
Hello
Hi uzairi.hahaha
tany
post Sep 20 2020, 05:56 PM

On my way
607 posts

What turtle is this

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
chittybangbang P
post Sep 29 2020, 11:10 PM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(tany @ Sep 20 2020, 06:56 PM)
What turtle is this
Looks like a Malayan softshell/Labi Labi.
HarshRalf
post Nov 10 2020, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

Any turtle sifu can answer why my 2.5 inch RES always humping rocks every morning after waking up from sleep?
JackGary
post Nov 10 2020, 05:44 PM

30 posts

Anyone selling musk turtle?
Please drop me a text 012- nine six one 0 0 eight eight
HarshRalf
post Nov 11 2020, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(JackGary @ Nov 10 2020, 05:44 PM)
Anyone selling musk turtle?
Please drop me a text 012- nine six one 0 0 eight eight
I've seen a few last month at ExoReptile near OKR. you can check that out
JackGary
post Nov 12 2020, 10:36 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(HarshRalf @ Nov 11 2020, 08:45 AM)
I've seen a few last month at ExoReptile near OKR. you can check that out
No more 😰

It is very difficult to get, been looking for it for weeks
Messiahword
post Nov 25 2020, 07:17 PM

38 posts

Need help !
Where can find people/shop that care for RES for 9 days.

57 Pages « < 54 55 56 57 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:09 PM