Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for tips to start a mortgage blog, tips, newbies, never made blog before

views

TSwild_card_my
post Jan 26 2013, 10:17 AM, updated 12y ago

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

Hey peeps,

What I am thinking of doing for the next few weeks is to setup a mortgage blog that contains tips guides and everything else about taking a mortgage to finance your property(ies). I want the blog to look simple yet interesting, no fancy colors, and most importantly I'd like it to have some ads so I could generate revenue.

So what I am looking for are:

1. How do I start about designing the blog
2. Which servers (???) should I use? What about the domain thing, I do not understand naught.
3. Which ad agency/widget (???) should I use? I am thinking of google's but I dont know if you have any other alternatives
4. Finally, how do I optimize it so people looking for mortgage would find my site in the first few lines of their search result

Those in the business can offer their solutions to me too smile.gif But please don't PM, just post it up here. It can get you some exposure too you know.

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Jan 26 2013, 10:19 AM
yuen1985
post Jan 26 2013, 12:17 PM

I'm A Freelancer
702 posts

1.) you can try search google and you can find alot of tips
2.) you either can use a free blogspot or wordpress (need domain and hosting) hostgator and godaddy is good but if you prefer local, then exabyte or twopiz (much cheaper)
3.)if your blog is still new, its very difficult to get approval for adsense account
4.) you need do SEO/backlinks

This post has been edited by yuen1985: Jan 26 2013, 12:18 PM
TSwild_card_my
post Jan 26 2013, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(yuen1985 @ Jan 26 2013, 12:17 PM)
1.) you can try search google and you can find alot of tips
2.) you either can use a free blogspot or wordpress (need domain and hosting) hostgator and godaddy is good but if you prefer local, then exabyte  or twopiz (much cheaper)
3.)if your blog is still new, its very difficult to get approval for adsense account
4.) you need do SEO/backlinks
3. What other avenues are there other than adsense?
yuen1985
post Jan 26 2013, 01:47 PM

I'm A Freelancer
702 posts

there is others like chitika or media.net or infonet but none of this can compared with adsense in terms of revenue.

my best advise is, try build up your blog in meantime in terms of traffic and content then apply for adsense after 3-6months.

building blog is a long term commitment thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by yuen1985: Jan 26 2013, 01:47 PM
Mr_Tarabas
post Jan 26 2013, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

what is job?

write base on your job la..

from how u get your job till now..

write story abaut your job tips..
meixue
post Jan 26 2013, 11:59 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Jan 26 2013, 10:17 AM)
Hey peeps,

What I am thinking of doing for the next few weeks is to setup a mortgage blog that contains tips guides and everything else about taking a mortgage to finance your property(ies). I want the blog to look simple yet interesting, no fancy colors, and most importantly I'd like it to have some ads so I could generate revenue.

So what I am looking for are:

1. How do I start about designing the blog
2. Which servers (???) should I use? What about the domain thing, I do not understand naught.
3. Which ad agency/widget (???) should I use? I am thinking of google's but I dont know if you have any other alternatives
4. Finally, how do I optimize it so people looking for mortgage would find my site in the first few lines of their search result

Those in the business can offer their solutions to me too smile.gif But please don't PM, just post it up here. It can get you some exposure too you know.
1) Decide which platform you wanna use: Free-blogger Hosting/paid-Wordpress
Free: go blogger.com & make a new acc
Paid/hosting: Google Search "Malaysia Hosting" or "Website hosting".
2) Get a Agency / Real Estate Theme for your website. Google for them. They can be either free or paid.
3) Try built up your sites with lots of property contents first. Update Daily if possible. Built up traffic. When time is matured enough (Preferable >6months, apply for google adsense)
4) High Google Search Rank: Do put backlink to famous finance / property sites. Then, participate in Property/Finance forum like Lowyat Finance/Property & leave your link as signature. Cross link your contents properly & do more unique contents to be king in google search
AbeloHost
post Sep 28 2015, 07:03 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(sauberlime @ Sep 28 2015, 02:38 AM)
Just make sure to have fresh contents always, traffic will then come in naturally once you've done this. user posted image
This post is 2 years old. He probably made up his mind about what he has to do tongue.gif
axis_lua
post Oct 1 2015, 12:53 PM

Enthusiast
929 posts

just use wordpress.org or blogger.com, its free and you don't need to know anything. just blog.
tigaxxx
post Oct 1 2015, 05:16 PM

On my way
637 posts

QUOTE(axis_lua @ Oct 1 2015, 12:53 PM)
just use wordpress.org or blogger.com, its free and you don't need to know anything. just blog.
Wordpress.com is free.. not .org
trafficbuilder
post Oct 9 2015, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
172 posts

Free blog is difficult to rank, use self-hosted site/blog.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:02 PM