Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> RIP William Yau. Only 6 years old ..., Do you feel safe? Especially children? (Social Issues)

xenotzu
post Jan 25 2013, 05:41 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

SUBANG JAYA: The police are 75% sure that the boy found in Port Klang is William Yau, said Subang Jaya OCPD Assistant Commissioner Yahaya Ramli.

William's parents identified the body based on the scars on the front and back of the head, as well as the shorts and underpants that he wore.

ACP Yahaya added that post-mortem results did not ascertain the cause of death but showed the boy had been dead for a week.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...5704&sec=nation

I had hoped that William would have been found alive and well. But it was not to be ...

All this only makes me more frightened about crime in Malaysia and especially for children. It would seem that more and more, you cannot leave them alone, even for a minute or else some monster would come and snatch them away.

If the kid is lucky, he may just be kidnapped and released alive for a ransom. If he is not, like William, he is found dead and decomposed. So young and probably died all alone, in fear and in torment. I shudder to think what the monster who took him might have done to him before he died!

AND YET, the Police and the Government tells us that the crime rate is dropping and that it is only the public's perception that crime is prevalent! Is that so?

Please, Please, Please, take your head out of that part of the body where the sun never shines on and do something! Malaysian children are already almost prisoners in their homes now for fear of kidnap, robbery and murder! With William's death, it will only get worse, not better!

This post has been edited by xenotzu: Jan 25 2013, 05:50 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
+3kk!
post Jan 25 2013, 05:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

note, malaysia is on UN's black list on human trafficking.

one of which many pro-PR/BN fags and average rakyat seem to never pick up, then each time a kid gets nabbed wonder why. do the blame game, then forget.

+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 25 2013, 06:16 PM

Everyone wants a baby

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Jan 25 2013, 05:49 PM)

one of which many pro-PR/BN fags and average rakyat seem to never pick up, then each time a kid gets nabbed wonder why. do the blame game, then forget.
we are on human traficking list for a different reason tho. all those indon bangla etc. they arent all legit.
+Quote Post
+3kk!
post Jan 25 2013, 06:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 25 2013, 06:16 PM)
we are on human traficking list for a different reason tho. all those indon bangla etc. they arent all legit.
yup , but we are also known as the transit hub for traffic flow in the region, being the hub dont you think that people will kidnap kids to sell?
+Quote Post
dkk
post Jan 25 2013, 06:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(xenotzu @ Jan 25 2013, 05:41 PM)
All this only makes me more frightened about crime in Malaysia and especially for children.  It would seem that more and more, you cannot leave them alone, even for a minute or else some monster would come and snatch them away. 

If the kid is lucky, he may just be kidnapped and released alive for a ransom.  If he is not, like William, he is found dead and decomposed.  So young and probably died all alone, in fear and in torment.  I shudder to think what the monster who took him might have done to him before he died!

Condolences to his family.

There is no reason to think up unfounded possibilities. He could have simply fallen off a bridge.

AND YET, the Police and the Government tells us that the crime rate is dropping and that it is only the public's perception that crime is prevalent!  Is that so?

Please, Please, Please, take your head out of that part of the body where the sun never shines on and do something!  Malaysian children are already almost prisoners in their homes now for fear of kidnap, robbery and murder!  With William's death, it will only get worse, not better!

If you raise your kids locked up in your home, they will grow up afraid of their own shadows.

Yes there is a risk. But you must keep things in perspective. There's a greater chance that your kid will die in a traffic accident, than that he will be kidnapped and murdered.

What exactly do you want the police, the government, and everyone else to do. Not vague things like "reduce crime", "make the country safer". Actualy concrete suggestions. Things that can be actually carried out.

For example: tag everyone with an RFID chip, and flood the country with a billion readers. Every where you go, every minute you spent in the toilet. The government will log in a computer, and somebody will know. It'll be very hard to commit any crimes and get away with it.

Snatch theft? Just go to the police station, and they can immediately know who was on that bike that passed by you an hour ago. And they will know exactly where he is, and have him picked up and in jail within 30 minutes.

Kidnappings will no longer occur. We know where everyone is, at every moment in time.

There will not be any more missing persons. Even people who wander off and get lost (because they are too young or senile) will be found immediately.
+Quote Post
ahken100
post Jan 25 2013, 06:57 PM

Casual

Im so sympathised to william yau parents.

wish the child rest in peace.

This post has been edited by ahken100: Jan 25 2013, 08:23 PM
+Quote Post
radkliler
post Jan 25 2013, 07:26 PM

21-1

QUOTE(dkk @ Jan 25 2013, 07:22 PM)

There is no reason to think up unfounded possibilities. He could have simply fallen off a bridge.

If you raise your kids locked up in your home, they will grow up afraid of their own shadows.

Yes there is a risk. But you must keep things in perspective. There's a greater chance that your kid will die in a traffic accident, than that he will be kidnapped and murdered.

What exactly do you want the police, the government, and everyone else to do. Not vague things like "reduce crime", "make the country safer". Actualy concrete suggestions. Things that can be actually carried out.

For example: tag everyone with an RFID chip, and flood the country with a billion readers. Every where you go, every minute you spent in the toilet. The government will log in a computer, and somebody will know. It'll be very hard to commit any crimes and get away with it.

Snatch theft? Just go to the police station, and they can immediately know who was on that bike that passed by you an hour ago. And they will know exactly where he is, and have him picked up and in jail within 30 minutes.

Kidnappings will no longer occur. We know where everyone is, at every moment in time.

There will not be any more missing persons. Even people who wander off and get lost (because they are too young or senile) will be found immediately.
That is a ridiculously bad idea.
+Quote Post
cfa28
post Jan 25 2013, 07:26 PM

Regular

May God cuddle William in Heaven until he is joined by his parents and loved ones.

May it be only a day in Heaven although it could be 30-years on Earth.

Rest in peace William in the loving arms of your creator.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Jan 25 2013, 07:28 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ahken100 @ Jan 25 2013, 06:57 PM)
Im so sympathised to william yau parents.
wish the children rest in peace.

blink.gif
The rest die also?

Children = many kids

Child = 1 kid
+Quote Post
takso21
post Jan 25 2013, 07:29 PM

Getting Started

What has become of Malaysia nowadays? Are we all living in an anarchy state already? Where has the sense of security in our country gone to? So now, why be afraid of the Hudud law? If it is a good law, we need it for the safety of our neighborhood and country!!

What has the lame BN gomen done? Busy wasting out billions $$$ for just the one or two submarines - to protect against what?!? Whose $$ they wasted - yours and mine! Are we all guilty in sponsoring and wishing to continue sponsoring them? Think again!

William's parents may be guilty of ignorance or negligence but it does not warrant a death penalty on them. William has been butchered outrightly against his wishes by the evil doers. Why are people so evil nowadays? Because the gomen is sheer lame and can't do anything right for the nations. Perhaps, we desperately need a Hudud law to serve these evil doers right!

Lastly, we all can unite and vote wisely for a total revamp in our country. Vote one for William - the innocent boy. He was in a better place now. Wishing his parents stay strong and move on from here.

We all can

This post has been edited by takso21: Jan 25 2013, 07:34 PM
+Quote Post
+3kk!
post Jan 25 2013, 07:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(takso21 @ Jan 25 2013, 07:29 PM)
What has become of Malaysia nowadays? Are we all living in an anarchy state already? Where has the sense of security in our country gone to? So now, why be afraid of the Hudud law? If it is a good law, we need it for the safety of our neighborhood and country!!

What has the lame BN gomen done? Busy wasting out billions $$$ for just the one or two submarines - to protect against what?!?  Whose $$ they wasted - yours and mine! Are we all guilty in sponsoring and wishing to continue sponsoring them? Think again!

William's parents may be guilty of ignorance or negligence but it does not warrant a death penalty on them.  William has been butchered outrightly against his wishes by the evil doers. Why are people so evil nowadays? Because the gomen is sheer lame and can't do anything right for the nations.  Perhaps, we desperately need a Hudud law to serve these evil doers right!

Lastly, we all can unite and vote wisely for a total revamp in our country.  Vote one for William - the innocent boy. He was in a better place now. Wishing his parents stay strong and move on from here.   
We all can
honestly, some perspective is needed here.

malaysia is in the UN blacklist for harboring a major transit point in global human trafficking for various issues. given that there is a booming black market for GRO slaves, organ harvesting, youth labour, at our door step. it is no surprise that more often than not kidnapping of such sorts happen.

what makes me sick is that, everyone is asking for things like free education, moar subsidies but never seem to realize the severe human rights and security issues plaguing the region. they ignore because it directly doesnt impact them

then when something happens to one of us, get suprised and all
+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 25 2013, 07:45 PM

Everyone wants a baby

I agree. its time to change the government. william yau, shows the strength of the opposition party. we need to support opposition. support William yau. 6 years old. opposition party strength. time to vote wisely.
+Quote Post
Skylinestar
post Jan 25 2013, 07:51 PM

Mega Duck

A good read:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/...sia-TG-C-1.html
+Quote Post
ahken100
post Jan 25 2013, 08:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jan 25 2013, 07:28 PM)
blink.gif
The rest die also?

Children = many kids

Child = 1 kid
Wrong type... correction again
+Quote Post
ahken100
post Jan 25 2013, 08:26 PM

Casual

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 25 2013, 07:45 PM)
I agree. its time to change the government. william yau, shows the strength of the opposition party. we need to support opposition. support William yau. 6 years old. opposition party strength. time to vote wisely.
Hello... here we are sympathy to a child parents. No political talk first...
+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 25 2013, 08:33 PM

Everyone wants a baby

QUOTE(ahken100 @ Jan 25 2013, 08:26 PM)
Hello... here we are sympathy to a child parents. No political talk first...
I disagree.

This is not the parents fault. its the parents education, where they are bred, by the horrible education system under the iron regime of the barisan nasional

This is not the fault of the people. its the police, where they are trained under the iron regime of the barisan nasional

This is not the fault of the child. its the people, who are educated under the under the iron regime of the barisan nasional

It is time we change government. the iron regime, needs to change, in order for malaysia to move forward. after we change government, there will be no crimes on the newspaper, there will be no deaths, on the newspaper, there will be no fights on the newspaper, and Malaysia crime rate will fall to less then 1 crime rate per day in newspapers.
+Quote Post
xenotzu
post Jan 25 2013, 09:06 PM

Casual

What criminals fear most is not the law but getting caught. There's no point of having the death penalty if criminals are not caught to face it. And even then, it would not deter most criminals.

Just look at the death penalty which has already been in place since the 1970s for possession of illegal firearms and for possession of illegal drugs. I am sure that when it was legislated in the 1970s, everybody thought it would help to deter those crimes. But look at the crime statistics nowadays, dadah possession is at a all time high and so many crimes nowadays seem to be carried out with various assortment of pistols and rifles, including assault rifles.

And look at the conviction rate. By any standard, reporting a crime to the police seems to be nothing more then a waste of time. The clear up rate is laughable. Almost 80% of all policemen are involved in administration work and in special duties, which are basically protection of VIPs and investigation of "political" and "seditious" matters. Only about 20% are actually tasked to investigate crimes!.

From my personal bitter experience, my house was burglared twice and I reported to the police each time about the burglary. Nobody was ever caught and nothing was ever recovered. Even the insurance company laughed when I told them that I wish that the police could catch the burglars who had burglared my house. They told me that its a joke when it comes to the police clear up rates!

Just read the Royal Commission of Inquiry into the Police report that came out almost 8 years ago. It revealed that most policemen tried to bribe or influenced their way into the traffic police division. THE REASON, because traffic policemen received the most bribes and were the richest of all policemen!

The RCI recommended an independent police commission to investigate and monitor the police. They even attached a draft bill proposal for such a commission. What did we get? Nothing!
+Quote Post
joeblows
post Jan 25 2013, 09:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 25 2013, 08:33 PM)

It is time we change government. the iron regime, needs to change, in order for malaysia to move forward. after we change government, there will be no crimes on the newspaper, there will be no deaths, on the newspaper, there will be no fights on the newspaper, and Malaysia crime rate will fall to less then 1 crime rate per day in newspapers.
I think you got mixed up.

If we leave the CURRENT government, then really we have very few crime reports in the newspaper. They only report rubbish like bik mama giving 1 malaysia croissants (sounds like Marie Antoinette on the eve of the French Revolution) and Najib going walkabout in Petaling Street or sitting the LRT for the once and only time in his life.

If we change the government, there will be free and fair reporting (at least a chance of it). So we will have proper reporting on crimes.

Lrn2read. smile.gif
+Quote Post
jepakazoid_82
post Jan 25 2013, 09:28 PM

On my way

Rest in peace. May god give a good punishment to the wrongdoers.
+Quote Post
Mikeshashimi
post Jan 25 2013, 09:29 PM

Escape|Artist

Malaysians like to spot what's wrong with the other party only... otherwise, do not care.

which is sad.
+Quote Post
Prince H
post Jan 25 2013, 10:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(xenotzu @ Jan 25 2013, 06:41 PM)
SUBANG JAYA: The police are 75% sure that the boy found in Port Klang is William Yau, said Subang Jaya OCPD Assistant Commissioner Yahaya Ramli.

William's parents identified the body based on the scars on the front and back of the head, as well as the shorts and underpants that he wore.

ACP Yahaya added that post-mortem results did not ascertain the cause of death but showed the boy had been dead for a week.

I had hoped that William would have been found alive and well.  But it was not to be ...

All this only makes me more frightened about crime in Malaysia and especially for children.  It would seem that more and more, you cannot leave them alone, even for a minute or else some monster would come and snatch them away. 

If the kid is lucky, he may just be kidnapped and released alive for a ransom.  If he is not, like William, he is found dead and decomposed.  So young and probably died all alone, in fear and in torment.  I shudder to think what the monster who took him might have done to him before he died!

AND YET, the Police and the Government tells us that the crime rate is dropping and that it is only the public's perception that crime is prevalent!  Is that so?

Please, Please, Please, take your head out of that part of the body where the sun never shines on and do something!  Malaysian children are already almost prisoners in their homes now for fear of kidnap, robbery and murder!  With William's death, it will only get worse, not better!
Malaysian goverment tells us that crime rate is dropping so that we vote them BN 1 vote.... Normal little tactic (eventhough a bit of stupidity)
I believe this is mostly because our Malaysian attitude.... Corruption, Lazy, Greedy, Self Fish, Careless, Not open minded etc.... Thats how our people make Malaysia BOLEH ! (Apa pun boleh)
If our people hardworking a bit, corrupt less a bit, generous a bit, helpful a bit, careful a bit, and open minded a bit. I'm sure we are not Malaysia kononnya BOLEH.... We will be First class country with third class citizen !!!

+Quote Post
Confused_man
post Jan 25 2013, 10:26 PM

So many child kidnapping and killing case now..Really want to see how the cops can keep using the isolated case excuse now!
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 25 2013, 10:33 PM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

I had hoped that William would have been found alive and well.  But it was not to be ...

Less report =less crime...
+Quote Post
super911
post Jan 25 2013, 10:45 PM

Regular

Which f***er so cruel? I hope our police can dig this f***er out asap.
+Quote Post
guilt79
post Jan 25 2013, 11:00 PM

Getting Started

sad news

This post has been edited by guilt79: Jan 25 2013, 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
Hans.R
post Jan 25 2013, 11:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Jan 25 2013, 06:20 PM)
yup , but we are also known as the transit hub for traffic flow in the region, being the hub dont you think that people will kidnap kids to sell?
So what do you suggest the gov to do?
+Quote Post
jackpro41
post Jan 25 2013, 11:21 PM

<5 star yellow WORM>

Condolence. cry.gif
a lesson to all parents to take care their children but not listening to the loud speaker in the shopping for their children's name.

Please~~~!!!!
+Quote Post
Catnip
post Jan 25 2013, 11:24 PM

On my way

My condolences to William Yau's family. sad.gif

Human Trafficking is a lucrative business. Some people become millionaires by doing this illegal activity. IMO hard to stop.
+Quote Post
ManutdGiggs
post Jan 25 2013, 11:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Not trying to play the blaming game here but our edu sys is directly causing all tis security uncertainty. Many dun value life anymore. They can just take away life as easy as 123. I'm not sure what ll bolehland become in 10yrs time but ll sure see lotsa ppl migrating due to this security reason.

Any RIP lil William. Condolence to the parents.
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 25 2013, 11:28 PM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(ManutdGiggs @ Jan 25 2013, 11:27 PM)
Not trying to play the blaming game here but our edu sys is directly causing all tis security uncertainty. Many dun value life anymore. They can just take away life as easy as 123. I'm not sure what ll bolehland become in 10yrs time but ll sure see lotsa ppl migrating due to this security reason.

Any RIP lil William. Condolence to the parents.
well, if the culprit is Malaysian, maybe yeah, if culprit is an outsider like indon/bangla/prc how?
+Quote Post
+3kk!
post Jan 26 2013, 12:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Hans.R @ Jan 25 2013, 11:05 PM)
So what do you suggest the gov to do?
create laws and politices to enforce such matters?

there are ways and means and guidance if the government want to act upon it, but because its not highlighted by the rakyat its just left as it is
+Quote Post
danmooncake
post Jan 26 2013, 12:18 AM

Market Up, Market Down...Wheee..

Sad news.. but what kind of parent would leave their kids in the car ALONE and went shopping?
It makes no sense.. rclxub.gif

+Quote Post
Hans.R
post Jan 26 2013, 12:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(danmooncake @ Jan 26 2013, 12:18 AM)
Sad news.. but what kind of parent would leave their kids in the car ALONE and went shopping?
It makes no sense..  rclxub.gif
I second that!
+Quote Post
hrevijay
post Jan 26 2013, 01:25 AM

Getting Started

Really heart wrenching. I shudder at the thought of the monsters who could do this to an innocent kid. Nur Jazimin, Amalina, William Yau, the list just gets longer. What is this country coming too ?

This post has been edited by hrevijay: Jan 26 2013, 02:06 AM
+Quote Post
ekompute
post Jan 26 2013, 01:59 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Jan 25 2013, 09:29 PM)
Malaysians like to spot what's wrong with the other party only... otherwise, do not care.

which is sad.
For those who think the police is doing a good job, they should sit in front of the mirror and look at themselves. If the dead person is their own children, I bet they will sing a different tune, but not when it is others. No, I am not blaming the police for this case. I am blaming the police for the overall security situation in Malaysia...

This post has been edited by ekompute: Jan 26 2013, 02:00 AM
+Quote Post
SniperUnit
post Jan 26 2013, 02:04 AM

Getting Started

To think of what could had happened to this little kid before he died is just very painful. He could had been sexually abused, beaten up, tortured ..... Fcking sick just to ever thinking about it, blame it on the parents won't bring back this kid but I really put the blame on his retarded parents. Any reason given so far by his parents to leave kids alone in the car? Wonder nearby shops, buildings dun hv cctv???

Will.I.Am......... R.I.P, may the kidnapper / murderer die a slow and painful death!

This post has been edited by SniperUnit: Jan 26 2013, 02:06 AM
+Quote Post
zack2381
post Jan 26 2013, 02:15 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(takso21 @ Jan 25 2013, 08:29 PM)

What has the lame BN gomen done? Busy wasting out billions $$$ for just the one or two submarines - to protect against what?!?  Whose $$ they wasted - yours and mine! Are we all guilty in sponsoring and wishing to continue sponsoring them? Think again!

William's parents may be guilty of ignorance or negligence but it does not warrant a death penalty on them.  William has been butchered outrightly against his wishes by the evil doers. Why are people so evil nowadays? Because the gomen is sheer lame and can't do anything right for the nations.  Perhaps, we desperately need a Hudud law to serve these evil doers right!

Lastly, we all can unite and vote wisely for a total revamp in our country.  Vote one for William - the innocent boy. He was in a better place now. Wishing his parents stay strong and move on from here.   
We all can
for this thread, the political talk starts with the above comments...

RIP william..In penang, there were two shots dead recently..all BN faul!

+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 26 2013, 08:19 AM

Everyone wants a baby

its time to change the government. william yau, shows the strength of the opposition party. we need to support opposition. support William yau. 6 years old. opposition party strength. time to vote wisely.
+Quote Post
SerbaSerbi
post Jan 26 2013, 08:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jan 25 2013, 07:28 PM)
blink.gif
The rest die also?

Children = many kids

Child = 1 kid
rclxms.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 26 2013, 09:13 AM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(danmooncake @ Jan 26 2013, 12:18 AM)
It makes no sense..  rclxub.gif
Well some people prefer bashing game... It malaysian way mar... Hujan trn pun bash thr gov.
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 26 2013, 09:15 AM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 26 2013, 08:19 AM)
its time to change the government. william yau, shows the strength of the opposition party. we need to support opposition. support William yau. 6 years old. opposition party strength. time to vote wisely.
The case happen under opposition state, so how?
+Quote Post
soundsyst64
post Jan 26 2013, 10:03 AM

I'm No-Longer-Noobs

Remember Nurin Jazlin.

The murderer is still running loose.
+Quote Post
lilredridinghood
post Jan 26 2013, 10:12 AM

Not so google expert

I thought about them being irresponsible parents as well but come to think of it, let's look at it in the bigger picture.

It is always easy to point fingers but how many of us are truly perfect?

According to the newspaper report, if I remember correctly, they were only away for about 10 mins. What they did was wrong to some of us, however, had it not happen, this would not even be an issue.

Why couldn't we see it as them trusting their children?

So should parents no longer allow their kids to ride bicycles or motorcycles just because it's dangerous? Spend more time and money to fetch them to schools instead of letting them take school buses? Stop schooling and only home school?

The punishment of losing a child is bad enough, let's sympathise and stop judging. Please.

This post has been edited by lilredridinghood: Jan 26 2013, 10:17 AM
+Quote Post
danmooncake
post Jan 26 2013, 10:50 AM

One thing I find a bit odd, is that they reported the "remains were too badly decomposed".
The boy was barely missing a week.. they found this body floating in the river.
One week later can decompose badly? hmm.gif

+Quote Post
netmask8
post Jan 26 2013, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast

Greetings + G'Day,

Kindly stop the finger pointing and blame game..

Let us think a better way /alternative solution to solve/fix/prevent/reduce it that happening again.

William Yau, We are saddened to hear of your sudden loss. Words can't express how saddened we are to hear of your loss.
Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you during this tragic time. God will look after you well in heaven..

Thank you very much to all public/private/media/agencies ..etc..etc for highlighting/concern putting great effort in searching and rescue operation.
We all knew WHOM worked very hard and put their tiredness effort in searching/rescue from beginning he is missing.

This post has been edited by netmask8: Jan 26 2013, 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
LA-DC5
post Jan 26 2013, 01:18 PM

Casual

QUOTE(danmooncake @ Jan 26 2013, 10:50 AM)
One thing I find a bit odd, is that they reported the "remains were too badly decomposed".
The boy was barely missing a week.. they found this body floating in the river.
One week later can decompose badly?  hmm.gif
I suppose a river would have bacteria & aquatic life, which would encourage the decomposition?
+Quote Post
simpletraveler
post Jan 26 2013, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(miloy2k @ Jan 26 2013, 09:15 AM)
The case happen under opposition state,  so how?
Can state government change the police ? I don't think so. You need to change from the top. That is why we must vote for PR this time.
+Quote Post
klenny
post Jan 26 2013, 02:58 PM

Getting Started

RIP
I also hope the authorities does not forget to take action against the parent for negligence
+Quote Post
LesAffreux
post Jan 26 2013, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(klenny @ Jan 26 2013, 02:58 PM)
RIP
I also hope the authorities does not forget to take action against the parent for negligence
Indeed, RIP. Poor boy. It's such a horrible way for a child to go.

But don't you think that's a bit harsh? They're already so horrendously traumatized as it is. They didn't purposely intend to endanger their child.

I'd much rather legal action be taken on parents who squish themselves + cling on to their toddler on motorcycles.
+Quote Post
klenny
post Jan 26 2013, 03:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(LesAffreux @ Jan 26 2013, 03:33 PM)
Indeed, RIP. Poor boy. It's such a horrible way for a child to go.

But don't you think that's a bit harsh? They're already so horrendously traumatized as it is. They didn't purposely intend to endanger their child.

I'd much rather legal action be taken on parents who squish themselves + cling on to their toddler on motorcycles.
I feel sorry for them but we need stricter law to punish those parent that neglected their kid.
Until case like this happen to them or their closer relative will only they know that never to leave kid alone.

That one that you mentioned also need to be punished.

+Quote Post
xenotzu
post Jan 26 2013, 04:25 PM

Casual

It’s been 17 years and Song Sheng is still missing

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...0317&sec=nation

Nurin’s death an open wound

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...0900&sec=nation

I wonder if the Police will ever find out what happened to William Yau?
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 26 2013, 06:37 PM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(simpletraveler @ Jan 26 2013, 02:49 PM)
Can state government change the police ? I don't think so. You need to change from the top. That is why we must vote for PR this time.
Yes they can, see penang pdrm..
+Quote Post
PoorMan
post Jan 26 2013, 07:45 PM

Short of Fund and Spirit

RIP
Negligence? It's relative. In Singapore, for example, you can still see very young students walking by themselves late at night without any danger. There is no negligence for letting a child wander about by themselves. I was shocked myself when my friend said that his 10 year old child is taking public transport to/from school with friends.

Yes, it must seem very alien to us staying in Malaysia.

So, to punish the parents (who are the victims) is completely a knee-jerk reaction, IMHO.

Why is it so easy to take a child away? Should there be more traffic or street cameras (as in Korea or the US) so that there could be better tracking and monitoring? How about the holes in our borders? Can we tighten security so that human trafficking is made very difficult? Now it seems that anyone can come ashore or leave illegally without much problems. How about ourselves? When we see something suspicious, do we intervene actively or do we mind our own business (true especially for the city folks)?

Personally, I think this is a matter of acting collectively so that our children will have a safer environment.

This post has been edited by PoorMan: Jan 26 2013, 07:54 PM
+Quote Post
klenny
post Jan 26 2013, 08:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PoorMan @ Jan 26 2013, 07:45 PM)
Negligence? It's relative. In Singapore, for example, you can still see very young students walking by themselves late at night without any danger. There is no negligence for letting a child wander about by themselves. I was shocked myself when my friend said that his 10 year old child is taking public transport to/from school with friends.

Yes, it must seem very alien to us staying in Malaysia.

So, to punish the parents (who are the victims) is completely a knee-jerk reaction, IMHO.

Why is it so easy to take a child away? Should there be more traffic or street cameras (as in Korea or the US) so that there could be better tracking and monitoring? How about the holes in our borders? Can we tighten security so that human trafficking is made very difficult? Now it seems that anyone can come ashore or leave illegally without much problems. How about ourselves? When we see something suspicious, do we intervene actively or do we mind our own business (true especially for the city folks)?

Personally, I think this is a matter of acting collectively so that our children will have a safer environment.
Just because it has not yet happen does not mean it will not happen

+Quote Post
PoorMan
post Jan 26 2013, 09:19 PM

Short of Fund and Spirit

QUOTE(klenny @ Jan 26 2013, 08:51 PM)
Just because it has not yet happen does not mean it will not happen
You are welcome to be as paranoid as you want but I have lived in other countries where life do not have to be like that.

All it needs is to make things difficult for the criminals. And we need to focus on the prevention of the crime here, not the victims.

Now it's just so easy for criminals in Malaysia. It seems that they can beat the system, sometimes too easily.
+Quote Post
M_Shahrul
post Jan 26 2013, 09:35 PM

Getting Started

Its quite hard to blame anyone here... To blame the parents as negligence,
even myself during a child already few times went out alone (even without
permission) or has been home alone hundreds times... I have walked when
I was 8-12 years old from end to end of the kampung, big kampung at
Ipoh... No prob, feels safe and happy with friends... For God sake its our
country and we should be happy in our own home, without any paranoid.
To simply blame the state government or national government also a bit
silly. Banjir - "Waaahh government fault", Kemalangan - "Waaahh
government fault" and aaalll of those bad things. Its immature, non
progressive and brain f**ked up. The most important thing is to kick start
or suggest something constructive from now on...

Rest in peace. You'll Never Walk Alone.

+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 27 2013, 12:30 AM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(PoorMan @ Jan 26 2013, 09:19 PM)
You are welcome to be as paranoid as you want but I have lived in other countries where life do not have to be like that.

All it needs is to make things difficult for the criminals. And we need to focus on the prevention of the crime here, not the victims.

Now it's just so easy for criminals in Malaysia. It seems that they can beat the system, sometimes too easily.
Well for some people, even in some culture, blaming is the best/easy way. In this case working together (public+gov/etc sectore) instead of using the art of "taichi/passing around" will work better.

//OT
remember the case of a student (girl) fall into the drain during Kuching Sarawak heavy flood 2012?

when the victim fell into the drain due to her own mistake (partially due to her own mistake using the "construction road") the parents of the the girl in one case "blame" the principle of the school when she/he make the decision to close down the school. She did offer the student who stranded to stay at school

p.s: RIP to the girl.
+Quote Post
quintesson
post Jan 27 2013, 01:13 AM

Casual

this is not the 1st nor the last case. the 1st thing we ask our self is this due to the negligence of the parents or this is a social ill problems with so many 3rd world foreigners in our country for unwanted reasons? our society is getting more and more paranoid everyday, why? where are those carefree life we enjoy in the olden days, gone? you can said don't blame anyone but you must ask yourself why safety in Malaysia is getting worse? I'll blame the inefficiency of ours government. they can't/no control of theirs enforcers which only knew how to spy on traffic offenders to get side income and everything can be settle with bribery. Malaysia has became a criminal world heaven. the influx of these 3rd world peoples brought so many social ills to us from theirs own backyard. why they can enter our country so easily? why? why? why? there's so many questions to be query. this government have failed us. children missing are getting more and more rampant. does this mean more parents getting negligence or there's something wrong somewhere? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by quintesson: Jan 27 2013, 01:20 AM
+Quote Post
DarReNz
post Jan 27 2013, 01:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!

human trafficking on the rise and as our ex-PDRM chief puts in rubbing shoulders with the underworld cry.gif
+Quote Post
klenny
post Jan 27 2013, 02:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PoorMan @ Jan 26 2013, 09:19 PM)

I'd rather be paranoid rather than let my children be the victim
No matter what action taken, there would always be a sicko among a million

+Quote Post
MugenK20A
post Jan 27 2013, 09:10 AM

Regular

Parents should be more alert when outing with their children.
+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 27 2013, 09:30 AM

Everyone wants a baby

QUOTE(MugenK20A @ Jan 27 2013, 09:10 AM)
I disagree. parents are not to blame. Malaysians are not to blame for anything. only the incumbents are to blame

It is the iron ruling of the barisan nasional

If its not for the horrible education system, under the iron ruling of the barisan nasional, our parents will be much better then they are today. they will be more tolerant, careful, caring, rich, productive, and loving.

But this is not going to happen under the current ruling of the barisan nasional

vote wisely.
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 27 2013, 10:28 AM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(MugenK20A @ Jan 27 2013, 09:10 AM)
yes they do, i mean like crossing the road, bring to crowded area like hypermarket/shooping mall during sale time.

Later when accident happen due to their own fault, sure blame the government as well doh.gif

heck my chinese cousin when their anak hilang for a while at The Spring <-they busy buying stuff, the first word they blame is the spring security then the government. Her daughter later jumpa at the receptionist doh.gif
+Quote Post
cshong
post Jan 27 2013, 01:47 PM

Regular

In this case, the parents are at fault also. How can they leave their children inside the car without any trusted adult together and a mobile phone that can be used to contact them?
+Quote Post
Ziax
post Jan 27 2013, 02:26 PM

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 27 2013, 09:30 AM)
I disagree. parents are not to blame. Malaysians are not to blame for anything. only the incumbents are to blame

If its not for the horrible education system, under the iron ruling of the barisan nasional, our parents will be much better then they are today. they will be more tolerant, careful, caring, rich, productive, and loving.

But this is not going to happen under the current ruling of the barisan nasional

vote wisely.
I do really think that the parents should be more conscious of their children safety. Anyway, the case is still under investigation..
+Quote Post
ChaosXP
post Jan 27 2013, 02:36 PM

Getting Started

There are rumors abound that say its an inside job. Most probably relatives related.
+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 27 2013, 07:01 PM

Everyone wants a baby

QUOTE(Ziax @ Jan 27 2013, 02:26 PM)
I do really think that the parents should be more conscious of their children safety. Anyway, the case is still under investigation..
they cant. because they have been hardwired by the government and our education system. there is no way they can be caring and loving.

I mean look. not only they have been brainwashed to be not good, not caring, not productive, not rich by the education system under the iron rule of the barisan nasional, they also do not get perks and rights like the majority.

how would you expect this kind of people take care of their child? the system today is AIMED towards kids being left in the river to die.

if we do not change our government, kids will continue to die in the river. hundred more kids will end up in the jetty by the fishermen, who obviously arent fishing, but selling their subsidised fuel for a living.

Vote wisely.

This post has been edited by GaretJenna: Jan 27 2013, 07:02 PM
+Quote Post
zeffjeff
post Jan 27 2013, 07:17 PM

Getting Started

RIP
If this happened in the US, the parents would be jailed for leaving their children in the car. Last time, Britney Spears was caught by police for not using a child seat for her son.

That shud be the way.
+Quote Post
simpletraveler
post Jan 27 2013, 07:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ekompute @ Jan 26 2013, 01:59 AM)
For those who think the police is doing a good job, they should sit in front of the mirror and look at themselves. If the dead person is their own children, I bet they will sing a different tune, but not when it is others. No, I am not blaming the police for this case. I am blaming the police for the overall security situation in Malaysia...
Very true and for this case, I blame the parents for leaving the kids in the car. Are they not Malaysians ?
Hope they are Christians; so they won't be in grief.

This post has been edited by simpletraveler: Jan 27 2013, 07:53 PM
+Quote Post
ekompute
post Jan 27 2013, 08:01 PM

Regular

QUOTE(simpletraveler @ Jan 27 2013, 07:52 PM)
Very true and for this case, I blame the parents for leaving the kids in the car. Are they not Malaysians ?
Well, leaving one kid alone in the car is unreasonable. But if you have 3 kids, say, and one of them is 12 years old, it doesn't really sound that unreasonable, right?

This post has been edited by ekompute: Jan 27 2013, 08:02 PM
+Quote Post
yorkhan
post Jan 27 2013, 09:26 PM

Casual

QUOTE(simpletraveler @ Jan 27 2013, 07:52 PM)
so if ur other religion u will be in grief? wth

anybody got link to cctv footage?
+Quote Post
Ziax
post Jan 27 2013, 09:43 PM

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 27 2013, 07:01 PM)
they cant. because they have been hardwired by the government and our education system. there is no way they can be caring and loving.

I mean look. not only they have been brainwashed to be not good, not caring, not productive, not rich by the education system under the iron rule of the barisan nasional, they also do not get perks and rights like the majority.

how would you expect this kind of people take care of their child? the system today is AIMED towards kids being left in the river to die.

if we do not change our government, kids will continue to die in the river. hundred more kids will end up in the jetty by the fishermen, who obviously arent fishing, but selling their subsidised fuel for a living.

Vote wisely.
What do you mean that they can't? They are adult humans. Humans can think. The parents should really think more thoroughly whether leaving their children in the car all by themselves is an option.

I do know that there are other 2 children in the car, but, I am not sure whether they are older, let's say, 10-12 years old?

If they are, then, I think the parent may assume that their older children will take care of their brother. But children being children, they must still not left supervised..

And I believe the case is still under police investigation..
+Quote Post
ekompute
post Jan 28 2013, 12:19 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Ziax @ Jan 27 2013, 09:43 PM)
What do you mean that they can't? They are adult humans. Humans can think. The parents should really think more thoroughly whether leaving their children in the car all by themselves is an option.

I do know that there are other 2 children in the car, but, I am not sure whether they are older, let's say, 10-12 years old?

If they are, then, I think the parent may assume that their older children will take care of their brother. But children being children, they must still not left supervised..

And I believe the case is still under police investigation..
First is the age... if the 2 children are 10-12 years old, it looks more reasonable, if they are left alone in the car, while mum and dad goes and pick up something from the shop very nearby, more so if the car is within eyesight. But none of us know whether there were 2 other children in the car, or whether they are older or younger. All we know is that there were at least one other child in the car. Since we don't have enough information, it does appear that mere conjecture is really a waste of time, since it could be anything. For example, William is the eldest and that's why he took the initiative to look for the parents, after they have left for too long. Or he was younger, but more intelligent and active (as evidenced by his photo), and that's why he took the initiative to look for their parents after waiting for too long. Still, it could be that he was just playful and didn't want to wait in the car. So anything is possible and we may all disagree with one another, yet all of us are logically right, based on the assumptions we make.
+Quote Post
miloy2k
post Jan 28 2013, 06:58 AM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]

QUOTE(ekompute @ Jan 27 2013, 08:01 PM)
Well, leaving one kid alone in the car is unreasonable. But if you have 3 kids, say, and one of them is 12 years old, it doesn't really sound that unreasonable, right?
Unless it is an emergency case, like going to hospital or etc, leaving the kid behind is unreasonable imo.

This post has been edited by miloy2k: Jan 28 2013, 07:01 AM
+Quote Post
asynchronous
post Jan 28 2013, 07:14 AM

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 27 2013, 10:30 AM)

vote wisely.
Please dont reuse your post, trooper. No matter how good the government is but if the people still with the same mentality they will f***ed up too. Be a parent they need to aware about their children. Parenting needs leadership, if you failed to lead you whole family will crumble. Stop finger pointing at the government. And this thing happened at selangor, pakatan state.
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Jan 28 2013, 08:56 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(ekompute @ Jan 28 2013, 12:19 AM)
First is the age... if the 2 children are 10-12 years old, it looks more reasonable, if they are left alone in the car, while mum and dad goes and pick up something from the shop very nearby, more so if the car is within eyesight. But none of us know whether there were 2 other children in the car, or whether they are older or younger. All we know is that there were at least one other child in the car. Since we don't have enough information, it does appear that mere conjecture is really a waste of time, since it could be anything. For example, William is the eldest and that's why he took the initiative to look for the parents, after they have left for too long. Or he was younger, but more intelligent and active (as evidenced by his photo), and that's why he took the initiative to look for their parents after waiting for too long. Still, it could be that he was just playful and didn't want to wait in the car. So anything is possible and we may all disagree with one another, yet all of us are logically right, based on the assumptions we make.
FYI, it is against Aussie laws to leave 12yr old and below without an Adult care.
Guess GaretJenna's post about horrible education system, under the iron ruling of the barisan nasional, our parents will be much better then they are today, seems to have some truth.

And some troopers here dun understand that Selangor has the same Edu system as the rest of the country. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
GaretJenna
post Jan 28 2013, 10:23 AM

Everyone wants a baby

QUOTE(asynchronous @ Jan 28 2013, 07:14 AM)
Please dont reuse your post, trooper. No matter how good the government is but if the people still with the same mentality they will f***ed up too. Be a parent they need to aware about their children. Parenting needs leadership, if you failed to lead you whole family will crumble. Stop finger pointing at the government. And this thing happened at selangor, pakatan state.
as i said, they cant. because they have been hardwired by the government and our education system. there is no way they can be caring and loving. there is no way williams parents could be caring loving financially secure nor productive. This is because they have been educated under the malaysia education system under the iron rule of the barisan nasional,

This is excarbated they also do not get perks and rights like the majority.

Imagine if bumi rights were removed, and we use South korea education system. we will have much less problem from child being left in the river today.

+Quote Post
differ
post Jan 28 2013, 10:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 28 2013, 10:23 AM)
as i said, they cant. because they have been hardwired by the government and our education system. there is no way they can be caring and loving. there is no way williams parents could be caring loving financially secure nor productive. This is because they have been educated under the malaysia  education system under the iron rule of the barisan nasional,

Imagine if bumi rights were removed, and we use South korea education system. we will have much less problem from child being left in the river today.

As much as I believe that BN has failed the country in many ways, I feel that even we are "reaching" too much to put the blame on the government for poor parenting. There may be some correlation, but even then, very microscopically minute. I really don't believe that I have been "hardwired by the government and our education system" to be an uncaring and unloving person.

In addition, your logic is flawed because it would imply that the majority of Malaysian parents are poor parents, since we all came from the same education system (not true). It would also imply that poor parenting is significantly less in the bumiputera community because of the perks they are entitled to (also not true).

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with your conclusion. smile.gif

While the case is being investigated and we can only make conjectures at this point in time, how I see it is that William's parents made a very bad mistake, and sadly they are paying the ultimate price for that mistake.
+Quote Post
mzmz
post Jan 28 2013, 11:39 AM

vote wisely.
you are good for nothing in giving comments
+Quote Post
J3FFr3Y
post Jan 28 2013, 03:43 PM

QUOTE(dkk @ Jan 25 2013, 06:22 PM)

I think you must be a successful businessman or in your career.
You dare to dream and dream for something that might not be existed now.
Anyway, if our technology comes to that advanced one day, this will anyhow be a good way I suppose.

+Quote Post
dkk
post Jan 28 2013, 08:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(J3FFr3Y @ Jan 28 2013, 03:43 PM)
I think you must be a successful businessman or in your career.
You dare to dream and dream for something that might not be existed now.
Anyway, if our technology comes to that advanced one day, this will anyhow be a good way I suppose.
The technology is already here today. It's just whether we want to do it.

The western countries will never do this because it is a privacy nightmare. And just imagine what an autocratic regime can do with this ...
+Quote Post
NicoRobinz
post Jan 28 2013, 10:36 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GaretJenna @ Jan 28 2013, 10:23 AM)
as i said, they cant. because they have been hardwired by the government and our education system. there is no way they can be caring and loving. there is no way williams parents could be caring loving financially secure nor productive. This is because they have been educated under the malaysia  education system under the iron rule of the barisan nasional,

What do you mean that William's parents could never be caring and loving toward the children because of the education system? It's human's nature to love and care for their children and not something that has to be taught.
+Quote Post
danmooncake
post Jan 29 2013, 02:37 AM

The police have not determine whether this is a homicide case or not.
Have they? hmm.gif

+Quote Post
SniperUnit
post Jan 29 2013, 09:34 AM

Getting Started

Wow... now this thread also can be transformed to be a political thread!
Get back to the topic!!!
+Quote Post
Bad Cyborg
post Jan 29 2013, 04:23 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Jan 28 2013, 10:36 PM)
What do you mean that William's parents could never be caring and loving toward the children because of the education system? It's human's nature to love and care for their children and not something that has to be taught.
Witness human nature at work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...riah-state.html
+Quote Post
NicoRobinz
post Jan 30 2013, 02:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Bad Cyborg @ Jan 29 2013, 04:23 PM)
What are you trying to prove, anyway? This is not human nature but something unnatural....
+Quote Post
ChaosXP
post Jan 30 2013, 02:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Jan 30 2013, 02:17 AM)
What are you trying to prove, anyway? This is not human nature but something unnatural....
Animals does that if they are starving. So it is completely natural. According to the article, they are driven mad by lack of food.
Look at the lands around them, nothing but dust and soil. Not a surprise if that happens..

Going off topic here lol.

Anyways, it is possible that it could be something more sinister, problem is why do they have to cremate the body and not seek justice ?

This post has been edited by ChaosXP: Jan 30 2013, 02:32 AM
+Quote Post
ChaosXP
post Jan 30 2013, 03:03 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Jan 28 2013, 10:36 PM)
Natural, yes. But it weigh heavily towards the parents needs and upbringing as well.

Ever heard of broken families being more likely for their children to have broken families as well ?
+Quote Post
Bad Cyborg
post Jan 30 2013, 11:53 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Jan 30 2013, 02:17 AM)
Define unnatural. And do bear in mind what is unnatural to you may be daily routine to others.
+Quote Post
LA-DC5
post Jan 30 2013, 12:10 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ChaosXP @ Jan 30 2013, 02:31 AM)
Animals does that if they are starving. So it is completely natural. According to the article, they are driven mad by lack of food.
Look at the lands around them, nothing but dust and soil. Not a surprise if that happens..

Anyways, it is possible that it could be something more sinister, problem is why do they have to cremate the body and not seek justice ?
the body was rotted & decayed, I think an open casket burial would have been a bit over-the-top.
+Quote Post
abubin
post Jan 30 2013, 12:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

vote wisely.
This is so stupid. I can't believe someone can be that dumb. As much as I do not support BN. I am not stupid enough to go to such extremity. Take your bloody head out of the political sand and stop making everything political.
+Quote Post
zack2381
post Jan 30 2013, 05:29 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(RidiculousArrow @ Jan 30 2013, 01:36 PM)
I've read several topics people talking about this boy was tortured and his missing was mainly due to his own Parents,

I'd like to ask, how true is that? if Yes, they fooled the world for Looking for the Child,

if someday, when someone's child really gone missing, then who would want to help already?

even CIMB click's homepage has the picture of the said missing boy
from what i read was William's uncle told that William brought a bad luck to his family..so that could be a motive behind it..
but i dont believe that could potentially lead to his death becoz its still under investigation and i do not want to speculate..
+Quote Post
LA-DC5
post Jan 30 2013, 05:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zack2381 @ Jan 30 2013, 05:29 PM)
from what i read was William's uncle told that William brought a bad luck to his family..so that could be a motive behind it..
but i dont believe that could potentially lead to his death becoz its still under investigation and i do not want to speculate..
Superstition will lead to anyone's downfall.

But I don't think that's what killed the boy.
+Quote Post
NicoRobinz
post Jan 30 2013, 10:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ChaosXP @ Jan 30 2013, 02:31 AM)

Not all animals but more to the cold blooded animals. There's a Chinese saying 'Vicious as a tigeress can be, she never eats her own cubs'. I believe there will be more parents are willing to give foods to their children and starving themselves rather than having their children as meal. These news aren't something strange while those people who eat their children are more viewed like culture shock because it's not natural.
+Quote Post
NicoRobinz
post Jan 30 2013, 10:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ChaosXP @ Jan 30 2013, 03:03 AM)
Natural, yes. But it weigh heavily towards the parents needs and upbringing as well.

Ever heard of broken families being more likely for their children to have broken families as well ?
Yes, love and affection toward the children can be influenced by family upbringing. A person who has been tortured by the parents when he was a kid is likely to do the same to his children. This doesn't mean that's natural but has been influenced by other factors. For example, a tiger can be tamed but vicious is its natural behaviour.

QUOTE(Bad Cyborg @ Jan 30 2013, 11:53 AM)
Define unnatural. And do bear in mind what is unnatural to you may be daily routine to others.
Is consuming own children a daily routine in North Korea?

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Jan 30 2013, 10:48 PM
+Quote Post
ChaosXP
post Jan 30 2013, 10:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Jan 30 2013, 10:37 PM)
Not all animals but more to the cold blooded animals. There's a Chinese saying 'Vicious as a tigeress can be, she never eats her own cubs'. I believe there will be more parents are willing to give foods to their children and starving themselves rather than having their children as meal. These news aren't something strange  while those people who eat their children are more viewed like culture shock because it's not natural.
Well domesticated cats do actually do eat their young when starving. From a logical standpoint it makes sense. It takes years before the young can
actually be productive and contribute back to the community. In a population of extreme starvation, I am not surprised if some random dude who cant
think straight because he did not eat for days would kidnap your child's and slit his throat for a meal.

Anyways there are so many species on this planet I am sure we can always find one conveniently justify whatever we are trying to prove are "in line with nature" laugh.gif

Regarding William. Did the parents say anything about letting it go ? Are they pacifists or somethin ? I know the body is decomposed but they must help
to prevent more of this from happening. I do not care how they bring up their children BUT their indifference to further help to investigate further is a
problem. If there are indeed criminal intentions that is not within the family, William wouldnt be the last kid to meet this fate.

It must be stopped.

This post has been edited by ChaosXP: Jan 30 2013, 10:54 PM
+Quote Post
NicoRobinz
post Jan 30 2013, 11:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ChaosXP @ Jan 30 2013, 10:54 PM)
Well domesticated cats do actually do eat their young when starving. From a logical standpoint it makes sense. It takes years before the young can
actually be productive and contribute back to the community. In a population of extreme starvation, I am not surprised if some random dude who cant
think straight because he did not eat for days would kidnap your child's and slit his throat for a meal.

Anyways there are so many species on this planet I am sure we can always find one conveniently justify whatever we are trying to prove are "in line with nature" laugh.gif

Regarding William. Did the parents say anything about letting it go ? Are they pacifists or somethin ? I know the body is decomposed but they must help
to prevent more of this from happening. I do not care how they bring up their children BUT their indifference to further help to investigate further is a
problem. If there are indeed criminal intentions that is not within the family, William wouldnt be the last kid to meet this fate.

It must be stopped.
As you said, those who can't think straight. I'm not saying those people do not exist. Any kind of people do exist in this world. Just like not long ago there was a news about a people who ate someone alive in public. However, how many people behave like this? If eating people is like something normal, there wouldn't be so many news about villagers starved to death in China last time.

I don't quite understand your latter part. I just replied to someone who said William's parents cannot be caring and loving William because of our country's education. I was puzzled and asked back why couldn't they love and care William because of our education system. It's not like loving and caring your children is something has to be taught. Otherwise, you would see many people ignore and abandon their children in Malaysia as our education level isn't really high yet. In contrast, I see many parents love their children to the extent of pampering their children too much.

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Jan 30 2013, 11:19 PM
+Quote Post
ChaosXP
post Jan 31 2013, 12:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Jan 30 2013, 11:18 PM)
As you said, those who can't think straight. I'm not saying those people do not exist. Any kind of people do exist in this world. Just like not long ago there was a news about a people who ate someone alive in public. However, how many people behave like this? If eating people is like something normal, there wouldn't be so many news about villagers starved to death in China last time.

I don't quite understand your latter part. I just replied to someone who said William's parents cannot be caring and loving William because of our country's education. I was puzzled and asked back why couldn't they love and care William because of our education system. It's not like loving and caring your children is something has to be taught. Otherwise, you would see many people ignore and abandon their children in Malaysia as our education level isn't really high yet. In contrast, I see many parents love their children to the extent of pampering their children too much.
That case is unique. Isnt he on pot while eating that guys face ?

I believe it has nothing to do with the education system. Not the contents of the education but the kind of people you befriend in school is how it will shape your children.

Children do get pampered nowadays more than ever, yes I agree. Plenty of loving families too and I've seen a good share of bad ones too. Natural to be loving yes,
but when the parents are stressed and unable to manage it. It only takes a single event to mentally scar a kid for life.

As for outright abandoning children, isnt those cases more about children who are born out of wedlock ?

What I was trying to say is they should have kept the body for further investigation and I am just surprised the parents are not seeking justice but was rather quiet about it.
Some folks who are offering money to find out what really happened to William is indeed doing the right thing as there is a possibility that the kid its done in by a
psychopath or someone who has criminal intentions. As long this possibility remains, more kids could be in danger.

This post has been edited by ChaosXP: Jan 31 2013, 12:05 AM
+Quote Post
dkk
post Jan 31 2013, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon

QUOTE(ChaosXP @ Jan 30 2013, 10:54 PM)

Rats do frequently eat their young, even when not starving. Especially in the lab. It's in the check list

- check water
- check food
- check for baby rats, remove them so the mother does not eat them

smile.gif
+Quote Post
DM3
post Mar 11 2013, 03:54 PM

INSPIRATOR

William Yau's inquest morning session
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/633472

Posted on 11 March 2013 - 03:00pmAlyaa Alhadjri
newsdesk@thesundaily.comPrintPETALING JAYA (March 11, 2013): The investigating officer in six-year-old William Yau Zhen Zhong's missing persons report was called as the first witness this morning at a coroner's inquest to determine William's cause of death.

ASP Nor Hafiza Mat Nor, senior investigating officer from the Subang Jaya district police station, said the report was lodged by William's father, Yau Kok Kang, on Jan 16.

"I took over the investigation on Jan 17 and submitted an email application to launch a 'Nur Alert' (for William)," Nor Hafiza told coroner Mohd Hezri Shaharin in her two hour testimony at the Magistrate Courts here.

She was questioned by Deputy Public Prosecutor Lee Keng Fatt.

William, the 2nd child of Yau, 33, and Goh Ying Ying, 28, went missing in Putra Heights at about 8.30pm on Jan 16 after he reportedly left the family car, a Toyota Hilux, while his parents were at an electrical shop across the street.

Results of the full post-mortem report on William - whose decomposed body was found by a fisherman on Jan 24 near a jetty in Port Klang - was inconclusive.

The inquest continues this afternoon with William's father taking the stand as the second witness.

+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1770sec    3.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:14 PM